Hydaelyn Role-Players
"Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" (/showthread.php?tid=7495)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Lost River - 11-21-2015

Or you could be just like me and suck terribly at editing wikis you never get one. Sad

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Dante Abigor - 11-21-2015

(11-21-2015, 03:53 AM)Lost River Wrote: Or you could be just like me and suck terribly at editing wikis you never get one. Sad

Its actually not that hard once you get the idea. Im not perfect at it but I can help if you'd like.

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Lyse Falen - 11-21-2015

I kind of want to update some things based on design and add a few other relationships but at the same time I'm so lazy.

The only upside is that I never include outright history written out and down like systematically so that's one less thing to worry about. Moogle

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Kasumi - 11-21-2015

I've been putting off major updates story wise that I am only now forcing myself to write as I do not expect Kasumi to be around much longer unless something big and awesome happens. Which is -highly- unlikely. haha

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Caspar - 11-21-2015

I'm having trouble deciding on how to write out my glossary of relevant terms. It seems extreme to do it, and yet I've so many NPCs and plot elements planned out. Irl my friends have trouble remembering what happened in a show even a week later; how can I expect more when it's sometimes even longer with online RP?

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Lost River - 11-21-2015

Easier said than done for me; I've tried to do Wikis but failed horribly. Like, Hindenburg levels of disaster.

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Shofie - 11-21-2015

I try to update mine once every few months, or after every major content patch that has a big impact on my character's personal story.

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Berrod Armstrong - 01-08-2017

FFFFFF--- 
Finally got around to updating mine, borrowed one of the shiny templates and all...

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - John Spiegel - 01-08-2017

I stopped doing Wikis years ago because metagamers.

I keep all my information in private documents. Smile

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Kilieit - 01-08-2017

I only have metagamer-friendly info on my wikis. Like, my characters exist in the world. There's information on them that other characters would be able to research freely. That's what goes on there - information for making connections with that doesn't need my OK-ing to mention. Anything else is FOIP.

...probably still need updating though. I thoroughly appreciate the fact it took Berrod an entire year to do his, like... {Same}. xD

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - ckingch - 01-08-2017

Bruh, I've been meaning to make a wiki for the last 2 and a half years.

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Solenne - 01-08-2017

I haven't updated Sol's wiki in months... and months, and months. When I find the time, I plan to scrap most of it and start over with just basic information that won't require a lot of updates (and will discourage metagaming). Writing out her backstory for all to read was helpful at first. Without a pre-established network of RP contacts, her wiki bio acted as a useful RP hook. But now so much has happened to her, and she has changed so much, that her pre-RP past is less relevant to the storylines she's currently involved in. And the idea of updating her bio with every event that happens in RP? Ha. No. There's no way I could keep up with that.

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Corelyn - 01-09-2017

Came back to find out that Corelyn and Dail'a's wikis had broken in my absence! Given I'm finally back and no longer locked out of the game (lovely lovely Squeenix support /rolleyes) I figured maybe that should be fixed. So they're fixed, and all nice and pretty. <3 Took a week or so's worth of work, but I'm happy with 'em!

Now to unleash them upon Eorzea once more! >=-D

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Parvacake - 01-09-2017

-looks at the 10+ character wikis she has or has been designing-

-stares at the coding-

-goes right back to procrastinating-

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - sima - 01-11-2017

Having only recently joined the RPC, the fact that I'm terrible at creating wikipages was one of the first things I learned. I've been putting off working on Khaji's wikipage for weeks. Every time I try to be adventurous and make it pretty, I mess it up beyond belief.