Hydaelyn Role-Players
An Unscheduled Luncheon [Completed] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: An Unscheduled Luncheon [Completed] (/showthread.php?tid=7510)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: An Unscheduled Luncheon [semi-closed] - Warren Castille - 06-27-2014

Warren looked down at her gesture without a physical reaction to it His eyes watched but were largely vacant.

"You're sure about this...?" His eyes focused again, finding hers with no small degree of incredulity. "They'd never allow you the leave to go jaunting off to a wasteland to look for missing adventurers. Don't go sinking yourself because I've got problems."

RE: An Unscheduled Luncheon [semi-closed] - Coatleque - 06-27-2014

She shook her head.
"Ser Castille, I may be collared, but I am not leashed. If you need aid, I offer it as I am able. You have already done the same for me. 'Tis the least I can do.", she said with a smile.

"For now, though, I must prepare for my rounds tonight. I am to return to my regular duties post-haste. This time together was nice though, we should do it again."

The Knight stood and flattened out her dress, then bowed to him in parting.

Warren's expression was more dull surprise than anything. He wasn't used to being the one offered assistance, though he supposed she was on to something about him having already aided her. He wasn't one to keep score in regards to that.

"I've got some things to weigh for tonight myself." He stood before her and returned the bow, his hand over his chest feeling strange without the heavy armor plate tapping to his tabard.

"Next time you can lean on me, instead of me falling apart on you from 'hello.' Fair's fair and all." He gave a small smile, his emotions still playing openly across his face but the gratitude shining through. "I'm not usually so fragile, I promise."

RE: An Unscheduled Luncheon [closed - completed] - Coatleque - 06-27-2014

She returned his smile.
"Everyone is fragile, Ser. It merely depends on what height we are dropped from."

Her gaze lingered momentarily as she walked off before turning fully and returning to the Palace.

Warren kept her gaze as she turned, watching her go with more than a few questions lingering in his mind. Time for that later. He had somewhere to be and he'd need to be in his armor. Gods knew he'd need the shield at L'Atelier.

RE: An Unscheduled Luncheon [re-opened] - Coatleque - 07-11-2014

** II **

Coatleque sat in the bare room on the side of the bed, staring at the floor. It wasn't her room, but one at the Inn in Drybone. She was wearing rather plain clothes today in an attempt to not stand out. Her arrival the previous night had probably already ruined any chance of that though.

This is where she was told to stay. This is where her friends had found her. At least she was still alive. It was that fact which troubled her. Someone needed her alive for a purpose, though she couldn't say what that was.

Her leg started throbbing again and she tried to rub it away. The fracture was healed, but there was still the lingering phantom pains of having known it was broken at all. Perhaps it was better that way, as it distracted her from the itching around her neck. Or perhaps she was still far to used to wearing collars in the first place. In either case she didn't understand why Buttons had kept fiddling with hers as if it was the most uncomfortable thing ever.

She sighed and held her head in her hands. There was nothing she could do but wait now. Jancis had gone out to get some supplies, and the room was paid up for the week now, as well as something extra for having painted over the center divider of the room. What she really needed now was a way to pass the time...

RE: An Unscheduled Luncheon [re-opened] - Jancis - 07-11-2014

Jancis wandered around the desert town. Considering this town was the center for the graveyard above, the majority of people outside of the locals were quiet mournful souls and she fit right in with them.

Luckily the tavern was equipped for these kind of travelers and had an assortment of comforting foods available. In particular Jancis has purchased some little white chocolate candies, along with some fruit and sandwiches, though she was unsure if anyone had much of an appetite.

Alveo had given her some extra gil before leaving, his expression more stern than usual, though he mumbled that he would not be far. He had been furious that Jancis got herself involved with desert woes even though she knew he was only doing it out of concern. She had spent all that gil on parchment and writing utensils, making one merchant exceedingly happy she had emptied his stock.

Standing out in the town square Jancis scanned the area. She was making sure to remember every face she had a chance to stare at, which she did without remorse. Every since last night she was critical of everyone, giving the other three men a hard time before finally relenting and allowing them to see Cici. Whomever put the lady knight in this state could not be too far away and any details could be important later.

Plus, this gave Cici a short chance to have a bit of time alone. Pursing her lips together, Jancis didn't let these thoughts get to her too much. She couldn't, now wasn't the time to give in to over thinking.

"Thaliak knows." she said out loud.

RE: An Unscheduled Luncheon [re-opened] - Warren Castille - 07-11-2014

The Aetheryte sitting in the center of camp pulsed nearly imperceptibly as Warren dropped from the stream and remanifested. He looked as if he had been through a war and was far from the image of Free Paladin, his armor cracked and worn through and his hands lazily bandaged. No one would have been unreasonable if they presumed him to be a roving marauder.

Warren took a moment to get his bearings, the lack of sleep and shock of the jaunt having a visible toll. He pulled a small flask from his belt and drank thirstily, shaking out his fingers while small pools formed at his feet, residual ice from his initial destination unable to remain intact under Thanalan's sun.

He wasn't aware of the faces or people around him. They were secondary. He'd been told a location and that was priority for himself, forcing himself not to lumber or stagger as he made his way towards the inn. He was aware his barging in would not be met with civility but he had to be sure, to see with his own eyes. He opened the door while ignoring the protests of the innkeeper, standing in the doorway as his gaze took in the contents of the room.

Her head turned to regard the sudden commotion at the door, but she did not stand. She saw her friend at the door now and her heart leapt momentarily. She suddenly didn't care who or what was listening.

"You... you came...", was all she could stammer.

She glanced at the innkeeper behind him, still voicing protests and motioned that it was okay to let him pass. Looking back to Warren once more she was suddenly more worried about her own appearance. Pulling her hair back in an quick attempt to straighten it revealed what was now around her neck.

Regarding the man's own appearance she tried to hide her own worry behind a forced smile. "I... trust you are well?". It took all her willpower not to say his name.

Warren absently gestured gratitude towards the innkeeper, his gaze falling away from the woman on the bed for merest of moments. He remained in the door with his expression hard, his eyes searching and taking in what he could. Whatever was going on inside of his head was kept under lock and key until he tried to return her smile, then his features broke.

Warren quickly wiped his face with his hands, shaking it off and inhaling sharply through his nose. "I'll be fine." The bandaged fingers of his left hand twitched towards the bottles on his belt but he left them alone. "You're..."

His boots sounded heavier than intended in the quiet room as he crossed to her bedside. He took a tentative seat with his back towards her on the edge, head away as he picked at the ends of the bandages.

"I said I would."

"I never doubted..."

She leaned towards him and placed a hand on his shoulder while trying to look around his broad form. Ignoring her own plight she asked, "You are wounded?"

He guiltily held up his fingers, his hand tightly bandaged though the ends were clearly fraying. Hasty work.

"Frost. I'll be alright, a cleric already saw me. Just deeper than we thought. I'll be fine." He turned, setting a hand on his leg and looking at her with a serious expression. "I'm sorry."

She looked at him in half disbelief before waving off his confession of sorrow. She began to relax now that her mind was distracted with other things.

"You have more important things to worry about... Please tell me you found your friends? That you are not hurting yourself over another dead end?"

Warren's eyes shifted between her face, her throat and the room before settling on a space on the bed.

"I... They're alive. Somewhere far past where I got to. I'm sure of it." He eyes the collar again, his hands reaching into a pocket and revealing a lock of blue and silver hair held together with a circular sphere at the end.

"I'm sure of it." He repeats himself, his eyes moving from the collar to the lock of hair to her eyes.

RE: An Unscheduled Luncheon [re-opened] - Jancis - 07-11-2014

Jancis paused on her way back to the inn. There was no mistaking the lumbering hulk despite his tattered appearance. Sir Castille, the mountain of justice himself, going straight for the inn. She stared as he walked across the plaza, taking in what she could see of his form.

Twelve's Grace, he looks far worse than before. She took a deep calming breath and headed back to the tavern for one more thing...

~~~~

"I'm sure of it."

Jancis turned the corner and quietly walked into the room where both knights were; she used the back of her heel to partially close the door since her arms were laden with supplies and one hand in particular gripping a large steaming mug.

She was not overly polite, more to-the-point (though she did bow her head to Sir Castille) and handed the mug to Crofte before unburdening herself of everything else on the end table.

Among the items was a small tin of salve and fresh bandages. Taking them, Jancis went in front of the large paladin, giving him an empathetic look. Glancing over at Cici's neck and that blasted collar, Jancis awkwardly spoke.

"Oh aye, mi'lord, ye know what's better than a swordarm? A swordhand! And ye's don't be fittin' no sword."

Holding her palm out, she made a beckoning motion to his hands, hoping he would offer them to her.