Hydaelyn Role-Players
Login queues - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Login queues (/showthread.php?tid=755)

Login queues - Anastasia - 09-28-2010

*sighs* I suppose every MMO goes through this before figuring out a way to manage server load. The bigger question of this post is if anyone knows what exactly SE has officially announced they -are- working on, or intend to change, and if the server load is one of their concerns.

Re: Login queues - Vareal - 09-28-2010

I got that today, just a few minutes before posting this; I was 38 in the queue, but I got in pretty quickly, I'd say after about 5-7 minutes. But, in light of this, I'm going to make my second character, Crecia Sanguier, on our overflow server (lindblum I belive) so if this happens again, I won't have to wait to play.

Re: Login queues - Satisiun - 09-28-2010

vareal Wrote:I got that today, just a few minutes before posting this; I was 38 in the queue, but I got in pretty quickly, I'd say after about 5-7 minutes. But, in light of this, I'm going to make my second character, Crecia Sanguier, on our overflow server (lindblum I belive) so if this happens again, I won't have to wait to play.

Before doing anything like that, keep in mind this may simply have to do with the server blinking in and out of actually working today. It isn't so much a hint of overpopulation or too many people, as much as it is everyone on the server at the same time all trying to get on, because everyone was also kicked off of it at the same time.

Re: Login queues - Asyria - 09-28-2010

My position in the queue was 1... and it kept crashing. >.>

Re: Login queues - Asytra - 09-28-2010

The queue seems to be a bit of a "false positive"

After the last crash when I reconnected it said I was in position 254. I disconnected and reconnected and got in fine.

Re: Login queues - Loonymonkey - 09-28-2010

This begs the question of what are all the standard edition rpers going to do? besaid is in the red pop wise. Judgeing by the amount of ppl i hear waiting for the 30th it might be prudent in comeing up with a backup plan.

Re: Login queues - Asytra - 09-29-2010

They will be let on eventually. The way SE does it is to lock out new character creation for a bit, then they open it back up.

Re: Login queues - Jinxsy - 09-29-2010

Don't forget that the game will lose alot of ppl after the free first month is up, those casual players who aren't liking the game. Its a sad fact I know but there are ppl out there who don't like the game Cry Cry

Re: Login queues - Skye - 09-29-2010

I was actually 177 in queue before, but when I canceled the queue and rejoined, I was let in instantly. Huh

Re: Login queues - Loonymonkey - 09-29-2010

Jinxsy Wrote:Don't forget that the game will lose alot of ppl after the free first month is up, those casual players who aren't liking the game. Its a sad fact I know but there are ppl out there who don't like the game Cry Cry

YOU STOP THOES SLANDEROUS LIES!!!!!!!

Re: Login queues - DAISHI - 09-29-2010

Loonymonkey Wrote:
Jinxsy Wrote:Don't forget that the game will lose alot of ppl after the free first month is up, those casual players who aren't liking the game. Its a sad fact I know but there are ppl out there who don't like the game Cry Cry

YOU STOP THOES SLANDEROUS LIES!!!!!!!

lol!
WHY DO YOU WANT TO HURT PEOPLE!!!

Re: Login queues - Loonymonkey - 09-29-2010

Just the people that quit...

Re: Login queues - Minor - 09-29-2010

The login-queues are not when the server is overloaded, it's when to many people want to login at the same time.

Yesterday the Besaid server went down for about 15minutes, and everyone wanted to login at the same time when it went up. No worder you entered the queue. But not when the server is running and even though overloaded as it is already I never hit a queue until yesterday when it went down.

Re: Login queues - Anastasia - 09-29-2010

Well that is a bit relieving. Thanks for the responses, guys!