Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Looking to join/create weekend (static?) raid group - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Looking to join/create weekend (static?) raid group (/showthread.php?tid=7577)

Looking to join/create weekend (static?) raid group - Mezzo - 07-05-2014

Hello. I'm new to the server.  Uh..not sure if this is the right forum to be posting this. Mods, feel free to move if I've broken any rules. 

Myself and possibly a friend are looking for a (static?) raid/trials group to party with on the weekends or Friday evenings (6-12 PST).  I have a BLM (ilvl 90). 

I can also create a group if enough people are interested.  We can have sessions dedicated for learning purposes, too. Give me a shout in game (Mezzo Termine) or reply to this thread. 

For great justice!

Also, I remember reading that there were people who RP police(?) or some other in Ul'dah.  I'm trying to work that into my character as well so could we liaise to see if I can fit in or at the very least get an idea of who's around?

RE: Looking to join/create weekend (static?) raid group - Kage - 07-07-2014

Apologies for missing this post! I was at Anime Expo so I didn't see this at all ; ;

What type of raid group are you interested in? What type of experience?

In regards to the latter about RP in Ul'dah, there are several people I know who are doing law/crime type of stuff be it Brass Blades, Sultansworn, or Immortal Flames. There's actually an episodic RP event being set up for Ul'dah that involves discrediting Ul'dah authorities and poisonssss.

My own character, Kage, used to be a Sultansworn until this recent arc where he was made a Brass Blades.

RE: Looking to join/create weekend (static?) raid group - Mezzo - 07-07-2014

(07-07-2014, 10:27 AM)ExKage Wrote: Apologies for missing this post! I was at Anime Expo so I didn't see this at all ; ;

What type of raid group are you interested in? What type of experience?

In regards to the latter about RP in Ul'dah, there are several people I know who are doing law/crime type of stuff be it Brass Blades, Sultansworn, or Immortal Flames. There's actually an episodic RP event being set up for Ul'dah that involves discrediting Ul'dah authorities and poisonssss.

My own character, Kage, used to be a Sultansworn until this recent arc where he was made a Brass Blades.

Hello.  Thanks for replying!  How was Anime Expo?

As for raiding, I guess it's mostly coil, crystal tower and extreme primal fights.  Right now getting the proper contacts is more important to me than finding players with the right experience. I wouldn't mind hopping in with folks for treasure maps, dungeons, trials or regular monster hunts (a la patch 2.3).  I understand my search could also be initiated IC - maybe I'll try that, too.  Just looking for more contacts to do content with I guess, especially during the weekends when I have more free time.  

Right now I'm revising my character profile because the last version was a bit rushed.  I'm debating whether or not to have ties to the Immortal Flames since technically almost everyone is ranked with the Grand Companies.  The Sultan Sworn seem to be better for Paladins (due to their gear) so Brass Blades or the Blood Sworn are possibilities. 

I'll add you in game.

RE: Looking to join/create weekend (static?) raid group - Faustina - 07-08-2014

I'd be interested in joining up with a weekend raid group :3 My bf and I both DPS, he as monk me as Summoner. We haven't raided at all yet in this game, but we both have previous MMO raid experience. I'm willing to do dungeons etc too to help both us and anyone else gear up.

RE: Looking to join/create weekend (static?) raid group - Unnamed Mercenary - 07-09-2014

I'm always happy to help out if I'm online. Look for a Franz Renatus running around, most likely tormenting Kage.

For the earlier raids, like the Labyrinth of the Ancients (CT), I can pretty much do any role, with a focus on healing, but I do have high-enough geared tanks and dps for other roles. 

For Binding Coil of Bahamut, I could heal or dps easily, but haven't tried tanking them before (which could be a lot of fun on WAR tank).

For the new raid, Sycrus Tower (CT2/ST), I've yet to unlock it, but if it's anything like CT, probably any role.

As for the trials, poke me anytime for heal/dps on any of the hardmodes (haven't tried Ramuh yet) and for the main three extremes (garuda, titan, ifrit) I can help out healing.

I can do any dungeon, any role. 

I want  to say I fall into a more casual style of raiding, where it's fun to try them out, a give it a shot for a few hours.

ICly, you can find the Unnamed Mercenary (may introduce himself as Franz Renatus now) around the Quicksand most of the time drinking. If you need a starter plot as law enforcement, I'm sure we could work in a barfight, or maybe they simply start talking at a table.

RE: Looking to join/create weekend (static?) raid group - OttoVann - 07-09-2014

I would be interested. I can heal or Dragoon dps. I think I would prefer to dragoon dps. I lack a static and it could be fun (hopefully) if other RPers make a static for raids. Theyre usually nicer people. I just hope people have the skill and patience needed to learn fights and succeed. Some are quite challenging and leave little to no room for a casual attitude to beating them.

RE: Looking to join/create weekend (static?) raid group - Mezzo - 07-10-2014

(07-08-2014, 10:17 PM)Faustina Wrote: I'd be interested in joining up with a weekend raid group :3 My bf and I both DPS, he as monk me as Summoner. We haven't raided at all yet in this game, but we both have previous MMO raid experience. I'm willing to do dungeons etc too to help both us and anyone else gear up.
Sounds good!  I'll add you in game and we can link up to discuss.

(07-09-2014, 10:21 AM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote: I'm always happy to help out if I'm online. Look for a Franz Renatus running around, most likely tormenting Kage.

For the earlier raids, like the Labyrinth of the Ancients (CT), I can pretty much do any role, with a focus on healing, but I do have high-enough geared tanks and dps for other roles. 

For Binding Coil of Bahamut, I could heal or dps easily, but haven't tried tanking them before (which could be a lot of fun on WAR tank).

For the new raid, Sycrus Tower (CT2/ST), I've yet to unlock it, but if it's anything like CT, probably any role.

As for the trials, poke me anytime for heal/dps on any of the hardmodes (haven't tried Ramuh yet) and for the main three extremes (garuda, titan, ifrit) I can help out healing.

I can do any dungeon, any role. 

I want  to say I fall into a more casual style of raiding, where it's fun to try them out, a give it a shot for a few hours.

ICly, you can find the Unnamed Mercenary (may introduce himself as Franz Renatus now) around the Quicksand most of the time drinking. If you need a starter plot as law enforcement, I'm sure we could work in a barfight, or maybe they simply start talking at a table.
Thanks for offering to help out.  Hoping to make things organized but still retain some semblance of a casual schedule/style.  I'll be sure add you in game.  I'm in the middle of making some big changes to my character (trying to complete the 100 questions in the development forum) and I don't know whether he'll be as involved in law enforcement but I'd certainly like to observe any events/episodes you guys have running in the meantime.

(07-09-2014, 11:13 AM)OttoVann Wrote: I would be interested.  I can heal or Dragoon dps.  I think I would prefer to dragoon dps.  I lack a static and it could be fun (hopefully) if other RPers make a static for raids.  Theyre usually nicer people.  I just hope people have the skill and patience needed to learn fights and succeed.  Some are quite challenging and leave little to no room for a casual attitude to beating them.
Hi Otto.  I'll add you in game, too.  I understand the feelings most people have when raiding; they seek a sense of accomplishment for the time invested and, while nobody really wants to be too serious there is a desire to see continual improvement - perhaps even in leaps and bounds - and for fellow players to exhibit effort in the preparation. 

It is a constant struggle to find a balance between being serious for end game content and taking the more casual approach that could possibly increase the risk of failure.

Thanks for all the replies~