Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Recent xfers looking for LS/FC/RP - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Recent xfers looking for LS/FC/RP (/showthread.php?tid=7588)

Recent xfers looking for LS/FC/RP - Ari Kagon - 07-06-2014

Hi there! 
I have been on a 7 month hiatus from FFXIV and decided on a whim to renew my sub. Originally, I was on the Gilgamesh server but it seems activity is somewhat dwindling. So here I am on Balmung! 
My boyfriend and I are looking to get back in the RP swing with you fine folks!

We are currently in the market for a Linkshell and FC along with some rp buddies to hang out with. 
I know the saying goes, "beggars can't be choosers" but we are looking for some specific qualities in a LS and especially FC.

Some things we are looking for:
  • Active
  • Friendly/ inclusive
  • Not into ERP
  • World RP that is not restricted to Costa Del Sol or the Bismark (My bf and I are trying to watch our waist line and constant sun exposure is terrible for pale Duskwights.)
  • Occasional but not frequent tavern rp.
Drop me (Morelle Noire) a line by pm or simply reply to this thread if you think we are compatible! Thank you for your time and I hope to see you all soon!

RE: Recent xfers looking for LS/FC/RP - Faye - 07-06-2014

Hello there! Welcome back, and welcome to Balmung! Big Grin Harbingers of Dawn is always looking for new recruits. We're a good-aligned, med-heavy RP FC dedicated to protecting and aiding the citizens of Eorzea. You can learn more about us here and apply on our website if you're interested. Also, I'm glad to role-play anytime so feel free to say hello if you see me around!

RE: Recent xfers looking for LS/FC/RP - TheBlob - 07-06-2014

Welcome to Balmung!

We've got plenty of FCs to choose from it'll just take some time to get through them to find the right fit for you. Smile

If you haven't yet, make sure you take a look at the Company/Linkshell forums here on the RPC.

Hope to see you around! Happy hunting!

RE: Recent xfers looking for LS/FC/RP - Ari Kagon - 07-07-2014

I was also wondering, is there an OOC LS that everyone goes to? I know there was one on Gilgamesh and it was quite a hit and a great place to hang out.

RE: Recent xfers looking for LS/FC/RP - Aya - 07-07-2014

I am pretty much a lone wolf at this point, but there are so many active groups,  lses and fcs that I am sure you'll find something you like once you start looking!!  

Welcome to Balmung!! ^^

RE: Recent xfers looking for LS/FC/RP - FreelanceWizard - 07-07-2014

(07-07-2014, 03:26 PM)Noire Wrote: I was also wondering, is there an OOC LS that everyone goes to? I know there was one on Gilgamesh and it was quite a hit and a great place to hang out.

Beyond group-specific LSes (Mysterium has both an IC and an OOC LS, and I suspect most medium to heavy RP groups are the same), there are two server-wide public OOC LSes: Intermission and Balmung's Finest. The two Intermission shells are specific to RPers, while Balmung's Finest is oriented to setting up groups for content. However, there's also some chit-chat in there as well. Activity in both shells varies; my experience is that the second Intermission shell (Intermission2) is quiet most of the time, whereas BF is a bit "bursty" in activity depending on who's on, what they're doing, etc.

RE: Recent xfers looking for LS/FC/RP - C'kayah Polaali - 07-07-2014

There's also the Quicksand Appreciation Society. It's a mixed IC/OOC linkshell for people who RP around Ul'dah a lot. It's pretty active, and quite friendly.

RE: Recent xfers looking for LS/FC/RP - Ari Kagon - 07-08-2014

((bump)) The bf and I will more than likely be online tonight scoping out the rp ^_^ Hope to run into a lot of you.

RE: Recent xfers looking for LS/FC/RP - OttoVann - 07-09-2014

I run a OOC linkshell with about 90 people. Finally had some of the trouble makers leave last night as well and its quite pleasant overall. Its called Casual Roleplayers and nearly everyone has Leadership rank to invite people as they choose.

Ive made a bunch of friends making the Ls. In fact nearly everyone I would call a friend joined the LS and we chatted from there. I made it because I am just like you, taking a massive break, coming back and wanting to RP so I transferred to Balmung. I couldnt "break the mold" or "fit in" well at first in my attempts to RP so I just decided to take it into my own hands and make an LS because most of the LS's listed here are half active and most importantly, very hard to get into due to it being very hard to track people down in this game when they arent online. I dont actively recruit anymore for my LS, it balloond rapidly from 5 users to nearly 100 in under 5 days and at that point I quit advertising it and thats also why its not posted here. I think in a few weeks when the dust settles and Im ready Ill post it here to get more people in it.

The LS itself is 99.5% OOC, and it has been used for RP meetups. Theres still one or two people that like to argue for the sake of it, but Ive gotten it curbed to an extent. Theres only one soft rule, which is sex/R rated discussion is kept to a low level, and if its too much I will make people cut it out but thats rare. Thats happened twice total and both times the people rage quit due to "free speech" issues. I actively avoid a hands on approach with the LS to make it as free and as organic as possible, and like I mentioned anyone can invite whoever they want.

I would say my LS is successful, and by luck its seemingly 60/40 male/female split so its quite pleasant overall and diverse.

If your interested Ill be on Balmung tonight after 8 PM EST. This goes for everyone on this website too if you want to join.

RE: Recent xfers looking for LS/FC/RP - Ari Kagon - 07-09-2014

(07-09-2014, 11:21 AM)OttoVann Wrote: I run a OOC linkshell with about 90 people.  Finally had some of the trouble makers leave last night as well and its quite pleasant overall.  Its called Casual Roleplayers and nearly everyone has Leadership rank to invite people as they choose.

Ive made a bunch of friends making the Ls.  In fact nearly everyone I would call a friend joined the LS and we chatted from there.  I made it because I am just like you, taking a massive break, coming back and wanting to RP so I transferred to Balmung.  I couldnt "break the mold" or "fit in" well at first in my attempts to RP so I just decided to take it into my own hands and make an LS because most of the LS's listed here are half active and most importantly, very hard to get into due to it being very hard to track people down in this game when they arent online.  I dont actively recruit anymore for my LS, it balloond rapidly from 5 users to nearly 100 in under 5 days and at that point I quit advertising it and thats also why its not posted here.  I think in a few weeks when the dust settles and Im ready Ill post it here to get more people in it.

The LS itself is 99.5% OOC, and it has been used for RP meetups.  Theres still one or two people that like to argue for the sake of it, but Ive gotten it curbed to an extent.  Theres only one soft rule, which is sex/R rated discussion is kept to a low level, and if its too much I will make people cut it out but thats rare.  Thats happened twice total and both times the people rage quit due to "free speech" issues.  I actively avoid a hands on approach with the LS to make it as free and as organic as possible, and like I mentioned anyone can invite whoever they want.

I would say my LS is successful, and by luck its seemingly 60/40 male/female split so its quite pleasant overall and diverse.  

If your interested Ill be on Balmung tonight after 8 PM EST.  This goes for everyone on this website too if you want to join.

I am very interested in joining your LS and getting to know you all! I will be at an RP event on another game at 8PM but I will be online shortly after. Thank you all for the very helpful replies! ^_^

RE: Recent xfers looking for LS/FC/RP - Nyx Ashkala - 07-09-2014

I would be interested in the linkshell as well. I have my own FC, but it's literally just 4 people playing at different times. We just want to make friends :O.