Hydaelyn Role-Players
Onsen Omake (Semi-Open OOC Welcome) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Onsen Omake (Semi-Open OOC Welcome) (/showthread.php?tid=7595)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Onsen Omake (Semi-Open OOC Welcome) - Unnamed Mercenary - 07-07-2014

((OOC/IC for other prizes are fully open. If you'd like to join the hot springs trip, you'll need to post a reason (maybe winning a ticket yourself?), which is why it's semi-open))

He walked up to the merchant, tossing a 100 gil coin in his direction. 

"Welcome! Good Sir, are you here for the lottery drawing?"

He nodded, giving a small grin. "So what kind of prizes are there?"

"Why Sir, I couldn't possibly list them all!" The Lalafell took out a long parchment and began reading from it. "A few of our lucky winners will receive tickets to the Camp Bronze Lake hot springs, some others will get a free ticket the our eating contest for desserts in the desert, and...", the list went on. By the time the lalafellin man had finished, he couldn't remember any of the possibilities. 

"So please Sir! Try your luck! Everyone is a winner!" Merc reached into a small box and drew out a card with a number on it. The card had a small number, embossed in gold ink written on it.

"CONGRATULATIONS SIR! You've won one of our grand prizes, a ticket for three at the Forgotten Springs resort, naturally at the Forgotten Springs here in Southern Thanalan! Bring your friends and have a merry time! All expenses such as food, drink, and inn are paid for!"

As he took the tickets, he had but one question for himself, "do I /even/ have any friends?" Certainly, a part of him had friends at one point, but that wasn't who he was now. Hells, he'd even done some terrible things to one of them...

RE: Onsen Omake (Semi-Open OOC Welcome) - McBeefâ„¢ - 07-07-2014

Natalie yawns and weaves through the crowds on patrol, when suddenly she spots the back of a familiar head, rising above the crowd. Her ears twitch in excitement, and her mouth stretches into a devious grin as she approaches the man. She'd been on patrol for hours, it was time for a break, perhaps a snack.

Perhaps

Even

A

Nice Juicy

"Porkchop!" She says happily with a wave as she approaches. "What are you up to?"

RE: Onsen Omake (Semi-Open OOC Welcome) - Unnamed Mercenary - 07-07-2014

He immediately turned around. There was only one person who would call him that.

Perhaps a bit harsher than he had been lately, he growled, "why do you always call me that?!"

Seeing the tickets still in his hand, he tried to hide them away in a pocket before Natalie would notice them...

In a calmer tone, trying to collect himself. "Uhh...nothing. I happened to give the lottery a chance." He used his head  to point to the overly-excited merchant, which possibly was a mistake, as the merchant noticed him. "WHY MISS! This man just won tickets to the Forgotten Springs Resort! Would you like to your luck as well? Everyone's a winner!" The merchant gave a wide innocent grin.

"Hmmmm... I call you that because Porkchop is Porkchop of course." She nods as if this was an obvious fact. Grinning at the merchant's words, "Oh... ho ho..." she chuckles. "Quite the luck you have. I might as well try myself."

She slides a coin across the table, "One ticket please," then reaches in and pulls out a small card with a silver number.

"Congragulations Miss! One of our silver prizes. An all you can eat buffet at Ul'dah's finest restaurant for a party of four."

Natalie pumps a fist up in the air, then her eyes wander back to Merc. She clutches the ticket close to her chest, "How many tickets did you get again?"

Natalie grins.

RE: Onsen Omake (Semi-Open OOC Welcome) - Kage - 07-07-2014

Kage sighed as he walked through the streets of Ul'dah. His ears twitched at the idea of a lottery. He'd started to frequent some of the betting circles and a lottery? That sounded just fine.

He stopped short seeing the familiar bald head.

Then he gaped.

Natalie. Natalie was smiling at him. Merc. Frhanz.

... Porkchop?

Kage blinked and rubbed his eyes before they slowly rolled to the back of his head and he crumpled to the floor in a faint. His body hit the floor with a loud audible thump.

He looked down to the three tickets in his hand. "Three. Heh, I don't even think I could find another person to even invite. Why don't you take them and bring a friend? It's not like I could use them." He passed Natalie two of the tickets as the sound of someone loudly crashing to the floor was heard. 

Instinctively following the sound, he looked around. "Kage?!" He looked over to Natalie, "you uh, might wanna take care of that one. I don't think Kage could handle seeing me of all people. Especially helping him." He started to slowly back away. If he really was lucky today, Natalie wouldn't try to drag him over. x_x

Natalie blinks and takes the tickets, "Uh... thanks," she says in surprise as he walks off looking down at her hands as if she can't trust they're there. Her face breaks into a wide smile and Natalie almost skips over to Kage, doing a little twirl, if you can believe it.

"Kage!" She bends down and pokes him in the cheek.

*squish squish*

"Hey Kage!"

*squish squish*

She sighs and stops poking him, and instead walks to the nearby fountain, filling a bucket with water. "Quick, the Garleans are storming the city." She shouts, as she dumps it on his head.

Merc makes a small chuckle, hearing Natalie's shout. While she might annoy him from time to time, he could tell she was a valuable friend to Kage. 

And the Garlean message would probably make him wake up faster than anything else. He half-hoped Kage would wake up and find him. Even if there was a part of him that felt an incredible urge to toss Kage into the fountain for fun, there was another part that wanted to make sure he didn't hit his head too hard falling down.

"...Garleans are storming the city!"

Kage jerked, eyes wide from the water and at the noise. "WHERE?!" He roared, reaching for the flat blade he carried as well as his shield. He blinked as he realized Natalie watched him with a curiously wet bucket in hand.

He wiped his wet face with a palm, realizing that there -was- no actual threat when he saw him. The bald head. Again. So it really wasn't just a dream.

"YOU! Merc! ... Frhanz? WHATEVER YOU CALL YOURSELF NOW! Stop walking away!" Kage demanded. He needed to know how and why Natalie and the mercenary knew each other.

He shook his wet hair again, before softly trying to tip the bucket out of Nat's hands. "So, you look happy, Nat. What has you in such a good mood? I doubt it's my looking a fool."

"If that was it I'd be happy all the ti..." She clears her throat and shakes her head the bucket tumbling to the cobblestones. "Hotsprings!" She exclaims and shows him the tickets, "And a buffet.... but hotsprings!" she repeats.

Patting his arm, "Don't worry, I'm sure you'll see him again. Anyway grab your stuff Kage, it's vacation time."

She taps her jaw, "But I don't have any leave days saved up." Natalie snaps her fingers suddenly, then approaches a local man, they haggle for a few moments before gold is exchanged, and they proceed to tear up his clothes. With a handshake he walks off, straight towards the local Brass Blades watchpost.

"Bandits... my caravan... all killed, forgotten springs." He collapses in mock terror.

Natalie taps her foot for a moment before her linkpearl crackles to life, "All available blades, investigate reports of bandit activity in forgotten springs."

Natalie grins at Kage.

One nice thing about being aetherically-stable: Packing.

The echo of Fhranz had given him a lot of knowledge and theory on aether, but he hadn't quite put it into practice. Especially after his last attempt at a physick seemed to come out more like a ruin spell. Simpler tasks that didn't require a conscious effort worked well enough though, like the vast array of aetherial garments that Frhanz owned, and had seemed to adjust to Merc's larger build rather well. As always, Frhanz's prized possessions, a couple soul stones and some old-looking tomes would stay in the aether unless absolutely needed. Merc added a few of his own belongings to the inventory, like his prized axe. "Kinda hope I don't need to use that though..."

Ticket in hand, and a fresh tabbard, pants, and thighboots, he walked to the Aetherite Plaza from the inn. He hadn't gone near an aetherite crystal since "that" day, but a walk to Southern Thanalan could take days. "Hope this doesn't backfire..." He placed his hand on the large crystal and focused on getting to Forgotten Springs. Following what Frhanz had done, he imagined a door to the aether and stepped through, travelling a short path to a gate with 'Forgotten Springs' transcribed. As he stepped through the gate, he arrived safely at his destination. 

"Seem to be in one piece", as he patted himself down, making sure he came through all the way. Clothed. He rubbed his stubbly beard. "Could get used to that." As opposed to his last "travel" through the aether, the trip had been rather relaxing, probably due to the finesse Frhanz had always placed in the teleports. Ticket still in hand, he made his way to the resort.

Ticket still in hand, he was greeted by an overly-friendly miqo'te girl. "Well-come to the resort. I heard on linkpearl we had a winnerrr~! Pray-tell, you are not alone are you? The springs are meant to be enjoyed by many." And in a very small voice, "and the merchant did say he'd pay for everything. Everything."

She looked over to Merc, "Shall I show you to your room?" He nodded. She seemed friendly enough, and he could use the relaxation.

Kage blinks and shakes his head grinning. He takes one of the tickets before giving Natalie a quick peck on her grin and raises an eyebrow. "So, Forgotten Springs? And a buffet? Let's go eh?"
He tilted his head, adjusting his beret as he pointed towards the Aetheryte Plaza.

"Time to investigate the Forgotten Springs, love."

Even if he could not use thaumaturgy as he used to, teleporting was still something that he could do. ...Even if it was exhausting. He was glad that he typically had his lighter clothes on his person. Closing his eyes he teleported to the Aetheryte at the Forgotten Springs, hoping he didn't fall sick. He knew Natalie would follow.

Natalie blinks as he hurries off, "But... we need..." She holds out a hand impotently as he vanishes, "Bathing suits..."

"Guess he's just going to have to go in naked" she shrugs, and heads home to grab her things. She arrives eventually, but an hour or so after Kage. Who knows what could happen in the meantime~~.

It had been ONE BELL since Kage had teleported to Forgotten Springs. One would say that he was quite out of his element. He had once been here... when he was swearing his Oath... It seemed so long ago.

Kage sighed, checking his pack once more. He wasn't joking when he mentioned he kept a pack of lighter clothes. He had the shorts he wore when swimming or bathing with him. A few of them just in case, as always. He hadn't needed to go home... perhaps that is where Natalie went.

He plopped himself on a rock, waiting to see if he saw Natalie. He should have just waited for her.

As the young miqo'te girl led Merc out of the main resort building to show him his party's "private chambers", she spied a certain miqo'te sitting on a rock and a certain ticket he was hold. 

Excited to see another source of income "winner", she called out "Hey you! On the rock! Are you one of the resort winners?" As Merc looked over to who the girl called out to, he realized it was Kage. He muttered to himself "She would give him one. Not  single surprise there." 

The girl turned around, easily hearing  what he had said "Sir, are you acquainted with that man?" As he nodded, she immediately yelled out in joy, "EXCELLENT~! I'll show the two of you your room at once~", and began running towards Kage, calling him out as the second "lucky ticket holder". Merc followed. Walking behind, thinking of what the chances were that a fight could break out on the vacation.