Hydaelyn Role-Players
Onsen Omake (Semi-Open OOC Welcome) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Onsen Omake (Semi-Open OOC Welcome) (/showthread.php?tid=7595)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Onsen Omake (Semi-Open OOC Welcome) - Unnamed Mercenary - 07-14-2014

He shrugged, downing another mug of the ale. Snickering a little "This could be fun."

RE: Onsen Omake (Semi-Open OOC Welcome) - McBeefâ„¢ - 07-14-2014

Natalie grins, "I'll start with you then." She refills her glass thoughtfully, "Which land do you prefer, Eorzea, or Garlemald?"

(07-14-2014, 12:30 PM)Natalie Mcbeef Wrote: Natalie grins, "I'll start with you then." She refills her glass thoughtfully, "Which land do you prefer, Eorzea, or Garlemald?"

Was that /even/ a question? "Garlemald, of course. Even if I can't remember much about it, it's still my home. I was willing to die for it many times."

He thought back to the dream from earlier. "...especially for family. I know nothing about them, but I'm sure I'd still come running if they needed it." There was a very solemn look on his face, as if he'd gained a piece of the man he once was, as opposed to the "weapon" he "became".

He looked to Natalie and Kage. "What of the two of you? Would you be willing to do /anything/ for family?"

RE: Onsen Omake (Semi-Open OOC Welcome) - Kage - 07-14-2014

Kage laughs, spilling some of his drink before he calls it.

"That's a truth from him if I've ever heard one!"

Kage continues immediately, "Anything. Anything and everything for my family."

RE: Onsen Omake (Semi-Open OOC Welcome) - Elyscia - 07-14-2014

Elyscia watched Warren carefully as he stood tall and turned his back to act as her bodyguard, and it amused her to the point that she uttered out, "Bloody everyone's try'na take care'ah me.."
Quickly wrapping the lengthy towel (which had an image of a cactuar woven on it, because why not) around her incredibly tiny and petite frame like a shawl, the girl was about to walk around the outskirts of the hot springs until she was stopped by an excited worker:

"S'cuse me, miss! Do ya want any drinks? We've alcohol from all over Eorzea! Mayhaps you'n yer hunky manfriend o'er there wanna share this'n-" the worker points towards a tall glass on her tray, "-s'infused with the finest pineapples t'make it taste all sweet an' fruity!" Ending with a wink and shuffling of their brow.

Elyscia stepped back and away from the worker, stammering and blushing, "Uh-uh, h-he's no' me...uhn!" looking around at Warren for help.

RE: Onsen Omake (Semi-Open OOC Welcome) - Warren Castille - 07-14-2014

Warren grinned to himself at her audible complaint of him trying to look after her, briefly amused he was doing so by specifically not looking at her at all. There was the telltale splash of someone exiting a body of water and Warren counted off.

She's shy, she barely came above the surface at all, there's people around.

He turned around before finishing the thought and was pleased to have guessed correctly; She was already wrapped in her towel and shuffling away when an excitable man with shuffly eyebrows approached her. He was clearly trying to offer her a drink and Warren grumbled.

"Oh, you're gonna scare her you twit." He waded across the pool with a broad, performing smile and stood up next to the diminutive miqo'te.

"What've you got there, drinks? Oh, yeah. I'll take 'em." He laughed garishly, taking the tray from the smiling-but-startled man. He was only a hyur, and a short one. Warren wondered if his armor weighed more than he did.

"Oh, but we're not 'sposed to g-give out-"

"Hm, these look great. Thanks!" Warren didn't wait for the protest to finish, lifting the tray and making a show of tensing his arms while doing so.

"Uh-uh-uh-thank y-you?" the man weakly proclaimed. Warren led himself and Ely away from the scatterbrained fellow, shaking his head.

"Never been thanked for taking drinks before." He debated one, then refrained. He caught a woman by the elbow as she went by, asking in his most cordial tone "Oh, would you be a dear and pass these out for me? Drinks for everyone."

The blonde in the ponytail smiled and took the tray, getting only a few fulms away before catching herself.

"HEY! I'M NOT AT WORK, I'M SUPPOSED TO BE ON VACATIOOOON!"

RE: Onsen Omake (Semi-Open OOC Welcome) - McBeefâ„¢ - 07-14-2014

Natalie sighs and takes a sip, "Sadly I must assume that is truth, though perhaps your answer will change with time."

She grins, "As for your own question, No."

Kage was easy to read, especially if he was already getting drunk enough to spill his drink. Merc didn't doubt for a moment that what he said was true.
On the other hand, he wasn't completely sure about Natalie's answer. Her reaction started solemn, something he'd never seen her do. The grin during her own answer? Forced. Judging off of what he knew of her, she was probably worse than Kage. It was she who had forced the two of them to reconcile as it were. 

"Let me rephrase that. Would you be willing to do anything for /what/ you consider your family is?" There should be a more clear distinction. He wasn't limited the question to bloodline.

RE: Onsen Omake (Semi-Open OOC Welcome) - McBeefâ„¢ - 07-15-2014

She laughs and shakes her head, "Still no." Sipping her drink, "Now is that truth or a lie?"

"Also, to be fair, you and Kage need to say if you spoke truly or not." She grins, "I need to know if I should start preparing for a punishment."

RE: Onsen Omake (Semi-Open OOC Welcome) - Unnamed Mercenary - 07-15-2014

He gave a refined smile, or, it would have looked like a smile had it not come from him.

"I told the truth, but that is still up to you to decide whether it was truth or lie. As for your answer, lie. I don't believe you, Natalie." He looked at her to see if her body language would give any hints as to whether his claims were accurate. He'd heard that a miqo'te's ears couldn't deceive, even if that objectively meant nothing to him.

RE: Onsen Omake (Semi-Open OOC Welcome) - Kage - 07-15-2014

Kage's eyes sparked with mirth.

"...It's not the whole truth. So I guess you could say it's a lie."

His ears flattened against his head. "There are limits to what I'd do. Anything and everything... they're a hyperbole. I would rather give my life than do certain things for my loved ones."

Kage finished his drink, not wanting his mood to completely deteriorate.

"I will say that Natalie is telling the truth. I'd wager she has limits to what she's willing to do if they affect a large number of people."

He sighed, "Can't we do something straight forward or ask different questions? This is getting to be too much like a cloak and daggers game and I'm not too fond of them."

He agreed. A heavy conversation was not vacation discussion material.

"That would be nice. How's this, what's your favorite drink?"

It should be a harmless question.

RE: Onsen Omake (Semi-Open OOC Welcome) - McBeefâ„¢ - 07-15-2014

She nods, "Aye let's scrap that one. As for my favorite drink, Milk."

Natalie grins.

RE: Onsen Omake (Semi-Open OOC Welcome) - Kage - 07-15-2014

Kage narrowed his eyes, "I can't accept that as anything -but- a lie. For my own... rum!"

Laughing a little. "I think you're both lying".

If Natalie were more of a milk-drinker, she probably wouldn't have started a bar fight, or had a hangover on their next meeting.

And hadn't Kage always ordered sweet water? Or just an ale?