Hydaelyn Role-Players
Curiosity killed the Cat - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Curiosity killed the Cat (/showthread.php?tid=7648)

Pages: 1 2

Curiosity killed the Cat - Nnejo - 07-13-2014

Hello all!

I am a returning player to FFXIV, when I first started playing the game I found myself surrounded by some amazing roleplayers and interesting story lines. I miss that and more importantly I miss roleplaying in the FF universe. That said I wanted to take this time gauge community interest in something I was involved in when I played.

There were a group of us who helped run what was known as Ambrosia. And while some may have thought it to be a Bordello, to us {and to me} it was far more than that.{As there were some underhanded things going on behind the scenes} ERP was never the main plot of the stories that we told. So tell me {whether you be Balmung or Gilgamesh} would like to see this idea resurrected? Or is it simply something that should Rest In Peace? 

I'd love to get everyone's feedback so feel free to comment as you see fit. {So long as it's in accordance with forums rules and the like.}

~Isis

RE: Curiosity killed the Cat - 岡本 秀樹 - 07-13-2014

*Quickly Google searches Bordello, upon finding it puts on educated smart people glasses*

Ahem, I think it could be a fancy smancy wonderful tip top idea! If you still want to do it anyway. If you desire to do other RP then by all means abandon it. But if it is the kind of RP you enjoy doing, than you should not need to stop.

*Cough* so where does this place open up at?... *Cough*

RE: Curiosity killed the Cat - ArmachiA - 07-13-2014

I liked the idea of a Burlesque club, but I was never comfortable with Burlesque being tied to prostitution since I did Burlesque IRL for two years. Also, you know how Bordellos tend to look to none RPers (and RPers), especially with a bunch of pimps already running around Ul'dah *sigh*

RE: Curiosity killed the Cat - Miah Polaali - 07-13-2014

I think it would be a wonderful idea, especially when done right. If your going to pick a Server. Go to Balmung, as the Gildamesh RP community is on a decline and most are now leaving that server for Balmung.

She's already here, We stoleded her.

RE: Curiosity killed the Cat - Nnejo - 07-13-2014

As I mentioned in the original post, the term Bordello was something used by people who either did not fully understand the concept or those that too one look at what I wrote up and automatically made their own assumptions. We never ran a "true bordello" However we did have entertainers and a well stocked bar thanks to a certain pirate guild! Wink
But alas these things cant run without support so keep it coming.

We have an actual small house in Mist that we're going to be opening up as a Bar if you need a place to perform icly. I don't think you know that since your new to the guild XD. I enjoy the idea of it not being in Ul'dah, it will give people more places to go.

Ohhh! Well that's good to hear then. I still want to possibly get the old Ambrosia linkshell up and running for those who might want to make some RP connections. I did run across a rather interesting profile ealier

yar set up the LS, we just have a place for you to go Smile

RE: Curiosity killed the Cat - Miah Polaali - 07-13-2014

I would definitely love to get in on your LS. and perhaps maybe generate some cross RP between your FC and mine.

Alright. Sounds good. Hopefully we can get others to join. Of course if the idea suits you that is.

RE: Curiosity killed the Cat - Shizuka - 07-13-2014

(07-13-2014, 05:21 PM)Vet Wrote: I think it would be a wonderful idea, especially when done right. If your going to pick a Server. Go to Balmung, as the Gildamesh RP community is on a decline and most are now leaving that server for Balmung.

I'll be honest, I've not seen a decline in available RP at all, and saying "most" are jumping ship is a little insulting to the greater community.

But back on topic, that really does sound like an awesome idea. In fact, it's possible we've talked about doing something similar a few times. I'd love to see a Bordello that deals in secrets, so to speak, I think it'd be great.

RE: Curiosity killed the Cat - Raz - 07-13-2014

*Pokes head around the corner* I think it's a wonderful idea. Something like that would greatly appeal to Razz, and it would be nice to have more things like this away from Ul'dah (no that I have a problem with Ul'dah, but it's always good to create new places for RPers to go).

If it's something you'd still like to do, I'd be glad to help where I'm able. Smile

RE: Curiosity killed the Cat - FreelanceWizard - 07-13-2014

*puts on Magic Admin Hat*

Just a side mod note here: please try to avoid telling people not to play on one server or another. We don't want to start another server versus server thing. Sad I would prefer not to have to start moderating threads and users that attack either server, but I will if it continues. I don't want to be mean! Cry

*takes off Magic Admin Hat*

I've heard that there's good RP available on both servers. If you've any doubt which server to play on, and you don't have a specific person or group with which you want to RP, try making a character on both and attending a few events or RP hotspots to see where you fit better.

RE: Curiosity killed the Cat - C'kayah Polaali - 07-13-2014

I remember you from back when I started, and I loved the idea! You inspired me to start doing villain RP, myself.

If you do end up on Balmung (which it sounds like you have), please look me up because I think we could end up being fantastic RP resources for one another.