Hydaelyn Role-Players
"Weaving" the Vanya Robe of Healing/Casting IRL - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Artisan House (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: "Weaving" the Vanya Robe of Healing/Casting IRL (/showthread.php?tid=7680)

Pages: 1 2

RE: "Weaving" the Vanya Robe of Healing/Casting IRL - Tiergan - 07-22-2014

I third (fourth?) the petticoat! Other than that, it looks spiffy! I love the floofy eaaarrs.

RE: "Weaving" the Vanya Robe of Healing/Casting IRL - Tayelle - 07-22-2014

(07-22-2014, 12:57 AM)Aerghwab Wrote: Awesome job. Big Grin
Thank you~!!
(07-22-2014, 01:40 AM)synaesthetic Wrote: You should consider wearing a long petticoat underneath the robe to give it the appropriate poof. Big Grin
(07-22-2014, 11:31 AM)Mae Wrote: Seconded for the petticoat. My only other little nit-pick would be the collar -- I think it could benefit from some (or maybe a bit more) batting to give it some rigidity. 

Other than that, it came out awesome.
That's actually a really good idea! I was pressed for time and materials for this convention, but I think I could manage getting my hands on a long enough petti for September! Thanks for the tip you two! 

As for the collar, I honestly think I made it too wide to be perfectly honest. While there's some heavy duty interfacing in it, I feel like it sits awkwardly on my shoulders and I think I'll have to do a bit more altering to it. What really might be messing it up at the moment is the fact that instead of sewing that silver foam armor to the collar, I safety pinned a rather rigid thing of foam to it making it bend a little more than I wish it to. Laugh
(07-22-2014, 01:52 PM)Rinette Wrote: You look adorable! Oh my gosh those ears! I just want to touch them. :3

A petticoat would step it up a notch though. It still looks amazing though.
Petticoat definitely incoming! The ears are really soft but not quite the shape I was trying for so they might be changing a bit! Big Grin
(07-22-2014, 02:10 PM)Tiergan Wrote: I third (fourth?) the petticoat!  Other than that, it looks spiffy!  I love the floofy eaaarrs.
<3 Thank you guys, seriously! I want to keep making changes to the costume until it's perfect. I'm still in a hotel for another week or so, but once I head back to my home state I can start working on the finer details and getting it right! ^_^ I wanna have Eos too!

Actually I had a question for you all because I was very much at a loss as to why this kept happening. Did something happen to Kuplu Kopo in one of the Final Fantasy games that I missed? Or is booping and/or petting a moogle considered good luck of something? I mean I love moogles, they are adorable, but I started to get a bit confused as to why everyone kept asking if they could pet or boop my moogle plushie? XD I would always let everyone do so, along with making the Moogle noise, lol.

RE: "Weaving" the Vanya Robe of Healing/Casting IRL - xwhitchx - 10-05-2014

I was looking around for some detailed pictures and found this thread. I thought I would share what I have been working on for a friend. This is all brass.

[Image: 10151332_4517804718807_49077497854557063...b5ee8f.jpg]

[Image: 10402892_4517501591229_11253610793500208...a938ff.jpg][Image: 10460756_4517213424025_48866130775670017...6f0621.jpg]

RE: "Weaving" the Vanya Robe of Healing/Casting IRL - Tayelle - 10-06-2014

That looks AMAZING. Though I gotta know if the brass is really sharp left at those angles or not? I know that even though the foam method I used was soft, it still was rubbing enough against the fabric to cause a bit of pilling which I hope to rectify.

I'm actually working on changing those pieces I made with foam to be covered in worbla to be sturdier but still working on figuring out how to keep it from rubbing against the fabric of the robe