Hydaelyn Role-Players
A Fateful Rendezvous (Semi Closed) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: A Fateful Rendezvous (Semi Closed) (/showthread.php?tid=7754)

A Fateful Rendezvous (Semi Closed) - McBeefâ„¢ - 07-23-2014

(This is a thread for events leading up to the conclusion for Blood on the sands that don't directly fit in one character's thread. Feel free to post things having to do with the event.)

Natalie leans back in her desk chair and exhales, her mind was still spinning after her talk with Roen, and now this. Jin’li, to be honest she’d almost forgotten about him after the events of tonight. However, Porkchop’s investigation seemed to have been more successful than she’d have thought, and now, she had to deal with that success. He had found Jin’li, presumably helpless after the injuries that had been inflicted upon him, yet he didn't turn him in, instead he spoke of this game, involving Osric. Natalie was of half a mind to have him arrested the moment he returned to the city, perhaps the thing she should have done weeks ago. She would lose Jin’li then, and who knows what evils he would commit once recovered. So she waited, her mind open to what Porkchop might say, though it was against her better judgement.

The meeting with Jin’li was odd to say the least. As he woke up and exited his room, he found Natalie at the front desk. He didn’t care if she was busy. They needed to speak now, even more so if Jin’li was planning to bomb the city. He called out to her. “Natalie, do you have a moment? It’s about Jin’li, as you could probably have guessed.”

She looks at him carefully for a moment, “I don’t see a collar on you.” She chuckles, “That’s a start. You do seem to be cooperating with him though. Give me one good reason why I shouldn’t call our neighbors the Red Wings over here to throw you into an interrogation room.”

“Because I hold his location. And I know his plans. Besides, I /was/ a trained soldier back in the day. I don’t interrogation would get either of us what we want.” At least she was to the point. That made things easier. His voice was flat. “Now, I don’t exactly care if Jin’li succeeds in his next little plan or not. I don’t think he does either. Seeing as I’m probably the only one of our little group that can speak with him, I’m sure we can find a plan without running in blades drawn. Like the last meeting, he may be insane, but he isn’t stupid. There are ways to win without bloodshed.” He looked at Natalie blankly. “Why not lure him out with some good bait?”

Natalie rubs her forehead, “You don’t care?” she looks at him incredulously, “The man has killed thousands already, and you don’t care if he succeeds again?” She narrows her eyes, “Why are we even talking then? Why are you even telling me these things? Is it just for your amusement?” She stands up placing her hands on the desk, “No, before I agree to help you with *anything* I need to know why you’re doing this, you’ve seen what Jin’li has done before, and if you don’t care if it happens again…” She shakes her head, “Then I don’t think we can work together.”

“Then you’d best have people stay away from the airship landing docks.” He’d give her this at least. “Jin’li plans to bomb them. Not of his own actions of course. someone else will be doing it. He doesn’t care if it actually happens or not. He just calls it a ‘gift for Osric’. I wouldn’t say it particularly for my amusement, no. I’m just unrelated to the incident.” He stared at her for a moment. “I don’t even know what kind of person I am. Who’s to judge?” “As for the poison, sure, Jin’li tainted the water. People watched him do it too. Nobody questioned him though. And the voidsent? The work of the mage. Someone I /would/ like to have taken care of. Jin’li is dying. Or rather, he claims he is already dead. Let him think he has peace, and end him then.”

She takes a deep breath, “You don’t know what kind of person you are?” She laughs, “We’re not books, written by another, you write your own tale Franz.” She meets his eyes, “So you tell me, right now what kind of person you are, the Franz of today.” She shakes her head, “Not the Franz of the past, not the Franz who can no longer be remembered, not the Franz who might have been” She points a finger at his chest, “But you, the Franz who lives in this house, who drinks in this city, who takes care of Kage.” She pauses for a moment before continuing slightly more softly, “Why are you telling me this? Is it because you’re concerned about the people and lives in the city?” She stares into his eyes unblinkingly, “What kind of man are you?”

“Well, certainly not a good one. But I don’t think I’m /that/ bad either. Why else would I be telling you this? I may believe in being hired out for a job, but killing innocent people doesn’t sit well with me. Maybe it’s from concern.” He gave a sad smile for a moment. “I don’t really think I can help Kage though. The man can’t help himself.” “So, how do you want to proceed? Jin’li’s openly said he’d give himself up. I know hwere he is, and what he’d be expecting to see. He’s armed, but I don’t really think he’s capable of handling any weapon. Not without the help of some other force. But given his….desire to live, I wouldn’t doubt he has something to help him use his gunblade.”

She thinks for a moment, studying him. Eventually she sinks back into her chair, “That will have to do I guess.” She taps her jaw, “I’ll not lead Osric into a trap. Seems a poor thing to do to a neighbor. But perhaps if we can get him to come willingly, Jin’li won’t feel the need to engage in this airship terrorism business.” She tilts her head, “If Osric agrees to come, will you take us to his location?”

“I don’t think Osric’s presence will affect the airship bombing either way. If I might make this conversation not as serious, Jin’li is dead-set on that bombing attempt. It would be best have have people stay away. His plan is to avenge some master’s death, apparently Osric’s fault. I’d have rathered not involve someone outside of our group. However, regardless of whether Jin’li is alive or not, that bomb attempt will probably happen. I don’t know when he plans for it. So right now, the options are to wait for Jin’li to do something, or we can start that engagement. He is very much a cornered animal at this time. And he’ll act accordingly, baring his fangs.”

She nods, “I see…” taking a deep breath, “I’ll ensure the proper precautions are taken. As for the man himself, you didn’t answer my question. If we give Osric the information you just gave me, and he agrees to come. Will you take us to Jin’li?”

“I will. I would recommend having medical aid and multiple people ready for anything though. Jin’li did specify he can call on that mage for help. Or if you’d rather not involve Osric, have some Blade do a routine check of the huts around Highbridge. Just...have them also ready to be shot at.” “I doubt he’ll let anyone get near enough to the door if they seem suspicious.”

‘Natalie regards him for a moment, “What do you think we should do?” She drums her fingers on the desk, “You’ve apparently talked to the man. Should we involve Osric? Or should we just call in the might of Ul’dah like a hammer upon him?” She waves a hand, “I could make a call and have four of five paladins there within minutes, then this whole thing would be over.” She sighs, “Unless that damnable mage spirits him away again.” She looks up at him, “So I’ll leave it to your judgement, which way do you think has the highest chance of success?”

“Personally? I’d let the man think he’s going to get what he wants. He’s not going to stop going after Osric until they meet face to face, or one of them dies. I dont know if someone else will continue in his place, however, which is why this became complicated.” He sighs. “And this is why I thought of staying uninvolved. It just becomes a mess. Don’t make me determine another man’s fate. We should ask him directly, if possible.”

“Of course.” She nods, “However once we tell him, it can’t be taken back. There is no guarantee he’ll go along with our plans.” She pinches the bridge of her nose, “But it seems our best option. I’ll try to get into contact with him, and we’ll speak to him together, hopefully tonight.” She smirks at him for a moment, “Though I think you might wish to be careful about what you reveal. Osric finding out your heritage is the last thing we need at the moment.”

“Unless he likes to dispel aetheric glamours, I don’t think that will be a problem. And if they decide to run in, it’s no longer my concern. I’ll have satisfied both parties. Jin’li gets his meeting, and the authorities get Jin’li. The sequence of events and how it plays out is Ul’dah’s problem, not mine. Even if that’s harsh.”

Natalie rises, “That’s fair.” She stretches for a moment, “I’ll let you know once I’ve gotten in contact with Osric.” She clears her throat for a moment, “And uh… Franz…” She takes a moment as the words are unfamiliar, “Thanks.”

He gave a weak smile. “Now to just fix Kage. He makes me look sober at the Quicksand, and I think we both know how bad that could be. With that, there is some work I need to do. Can’t say everything was great about getting an echo from an acclaimed alchemist. The man never stopped taking commissions.” With a small sigh, he started walking back to his room. Muttering “Even dead, the man never stopped…”

(If you play some manner of Ul’dah military/law enforcement, Natalie has notified all proper authorities about the possible bombing, so feel free to investigate or be on alert.)