Hydaelyn Role-Players
Suggestion for Site/Forums - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Suggestion for Site/Forums (/showthread.php?tid=7816)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Suggestion for Site/Forums - Ilwe'ran - 04-30-2015

(04-29-2015, 11:57 AM)Ilweran Wrote: I suggest to add a "Guide / Lore" section under the RP discussion forum so we can separate people who discuss about RP in general or ask some questions from those who are working on some guides or gather some lore to make some big informative posts. It would be really easier to find what you're looking for and to valorise the people work that way rather than in the middle of those thousands topic all together Dazed

Just thought of another thing which could work : Adding some tags to select for that section such as guides / Lore / Questions / general (dunno what others) and allowing us to do a tag search (I had that on my old university forum)

RE: Suggestion for Site/Forums - Meena - 04-30-2015

I'd actually like a 'lore sub forum' where people can post and add their lore rather than just go on lengthy tangents about 'what ifs'

RE: Suggestion for Site/Forums - Ciel - 05-17-2015

Better forum registration methods, please?  I'm seeing the second spambot in a week flooding RPC's boards with garbage.  We need something to weed them out before they start.

RE: Suggestion for Site/Forums - Seye Qhesu - 05-17-2015

(05-17-2015, 10:39 PM)Ciel Wrote: Better forum registration methods, please?  I'm seeing the second spambot in a week flooding RPC's boards with garbage.  We need something to weed them out before they start.
I agree :<

RE: Suggestion for Site/Forums - McBeefâ„¢ - 05-17-2015

Maybe we can do it so if a users gets enough reports (IE 10?) they just can't post for a few hours. Which will work until a mod gets on.

RE: Suggestion for Site/Forums - Seye Qhesu - 05-17-2015

(05-17-2015, 10:41 PM)Natalie Mcbeef Wrote: Maybe we can do it so if a users gets enough reports (IE 10?) they just can't post for a few hours. Which will work until a mod gets on.
I think maybe a time limit in between posts? If it is a bot it is obviously doing it like once a minute. I know some forums who make new users wait 5 minutes between posts.

RE: Suggestion for Site/Forums - Unnamed Mercenary - 05-17-2015

(05-17-2015, 10:43 PM)Brianna Dunham Wrote:
(05-17-2015, 10:41 PM)Natalie Mcbeef Wrote: Maybe we can do it so if a users gets enough reports (IE 10?) they just can't post for a few hours. Which will work until a mod gets on.
I think maybe a time limit in between posts? If it is a bot it is obviously doing it like once a minute. I know some forums who make new users wait 5 minutes between posts.

We have an anti-flood rule in place. ...but it's only a minute or so

RE: Suggestion for Site/Forums - Edgar - 05-17-2015

I wouldn't complain about a 5 minute wait period between new threads. Hell, who but a spammer creates threads in rapid fire, anyroad?

RE: Suggestion for Site/Forums - FreelanceWizard - 05-17-2015

The only really effective solution against spammers I've found is a two-fold approach of relatively easy lore-based registration questions (which will need to be rotated now, since the spambots have figured them out, probably via Mechanical Turk) and massive IP bans at the web server level (which I typically do whenever a spammer is detected, since they usually don't come from residential netblocks).

So, if you have some good question ideas, PM them over and we'll do a question rotation. Posting them publicly won't work because then the spambots can index them. Smile

RE: Suggestion for Site/Forums - EveyVorai - 05-19-2015

--- Never mind found what I was looking for---

RE: Suggestion for Site/Forums - Kage - 06-07-2015

Is something wrong with the quick search? It always essentially takes me to the advanced search function.

RE: Suggestion for Site/Forums - FreelanceWizard - 06-07-2015

(06-07-2015, 01:51 AM)Kage Wrote: Is something wrong with the quick search? It always essentially takes me to the advanced search function.

Good question! I can definitely replicate this, so I'll check the logs and see if I can figure out why it's misbehaving.

EDIT: Fixed it. The template had a quotation mark in the wrong place. Smile

Just a few suggestions.. - Arter Wood - 06-11-2015

Coming from GW2RP, ([sup]so thankful I'm out of there) [/sup]there was an easy reputation system that enjin employed. One click and the person gets one rep.

Here, however, you have to click around three, or two times. If we could somehow notch it down to one click, that'd be great. We could have a checkbox beside
[Image: b3b4c86dec6aa741f6ab8c35692bc35b.png]
so that we can have the option to give a reason for reputation.

And er, if I'm posting the suggestions in the wrong place, well... I don't exactly see a bug report / suggestions part of the forum. I think it should be added in.

What do you guys think?

RE: Just a few suggestions.. - Cato - 06-11-2015

I think the current system is fine as it is, especially since it allows people to leave a reason for adding to a poster's reputation if they desire. It's already helped me track down a few like-minded posters to approach for role-play as a result of those individuals leaving feedback.

RE: Just a few suggestions.. - Kage - 06-11-2015

So far there haven't been a lot of site/forum suggestions or bug reports so when I made a thread the previous admin (who now focuses on the tech side) stickied the thread.

Personally I like the reputation system mostly as is.