Hydaelyn Role-Players
Cats. And things that look like them. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Cats. And things that look like them. (/showthread.php?tid=7880)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Cats. And things that look like them. - W'seckhi Asah - 08-05-2014

Okay, so I've had a few straaaange thoughts come across my mind while playing Miqo'te. Firstly, how in the hells do they keep glasses up? They don't have ears where a Hyur would! 

Secondly, would catnip affect a Miqo'te? I have my doubts. However, it would be damned hilarious to see a Miqo'te rolling around on the ground in ecstasy. 

So, any other weird questions about Miqo'te? Or comments?

RE: Cats. And things that look like them. - Coatleque - 08-05-2014

Yes, questions... many, many questions...
... none of them appropriate for a Knight to ask in public.

RE: Cats. And things that look like them. - LiadansWhisper - 08-05-2014

(08-05-2014, 02:41 PM)Coatleque Wrote: Yes, questions... many, many questions...

You need a Super Sekrit Alter Ego ™ to ask these questions, Coat.

RE: Cats. And things that look like them. - W'seckhi Asah - 08-05-2014

(08-05-2014, 02:41 PM)Coatleque Wrote: Yes, questions... many, many questions...
Pssh. Don't let silly things like that stifle curiosity!

RE: Cats. And things that look like them. - Aduu Avagnar - 08-05-2014

Funny as it may be, I do not believe that catnip would affect Miqo'te.
And have you not seen the Matrix? I firmly believe that Miqo's simply use a Pince Nez device on all their eyewear, as we know, everyone wanted to be Morpheus

RE: Cats. And things that look like them. - Dogberry - 08-05-2014

Mi'qote seem like a lot of fun until you notice their sandpapery tongues. Makes kissing unpleasant. Among other things.

If they have sandpapery tongues, then they most likely have something that makes other things unpleasant also. If so, then I know for a fact that the females were not consulted about that.

Supernatural quotes aside, I have never rp'd Nako having a sandpapery tongue.

RE: Cats. And things that look like them. - Edgar - 08-05-2014

Miqo'te are very similar to big cats like lions and tigers, in my opinion. Which is to say, Couerls and Tamayas in FF.

Catnip, I believe, would have an effect on them only if you wished it. In the wild, catnip is actually just mint, and big cats will chew on mint leaves and proceed to trip out for hours, so if you're rping them as I do, then yeah, sneaking a little mint into a piece of chocolate will mess them up.

As for glasses, yeah, totally impossible by conventional means, unless they clip onto the hair.

(08-05-2014, 03:33 PM)Edgar Wrote: Miqo'te are very similar to big cats like lions and tigers, in my opinion. Which is to say, Couerls and Tamayas in FF.

Catnip, I believe, would have an effect on them only if you wished it. In the wild, catnip is actually just mint, and big cats will chew on mint leaves and proceed to trip out for hours, so if you're rping them as I do, then yeah, sneaking a little mint into a piece of chocolate will mess them up.

As for glasses, yeah, totally impossible by conventional means, unless they clip onto the hair.
personally I think that the Couerls and Tamayas are the big cat equivalent in Hydaelyn Wink

I view Miqo'te closer to humans with feline features than anthropomorphic cats.

RE: Cats. And things that look like them. - W'seckhi Asah - 08-05-2014

(08-05-2014, 03:33 PM)Edgar Wrote: Miqo'te are very similar to big cats like lions and tigers, in my opinion. Which is to say, Couerls and Tamayas in FF.

Holy crap, the glasses thing is brilliant! I'm going to have this in my RP now. I was thinking something like tighter arms, but that might be headache inducing for the poor Miqo'te who has to wear them.

(08-05-2014, 03:41 PM)Nako Wrote:

personally I think that the Couerls and Tamayas are the big cat equivalent in Hydaelyn Wink

I view Miqo'te closer to humans with feline features than anthropomorphic cats.

God, I hope so.  Otherwise I can't figure out how the race continues to exist, because I don't know of a single woman who would put up with a barbed dick.

RE: Cats. And things that look like them. - Kailia - 08-05-2014

I RP K'ailia and my other Miqo'te as being feline with human features, rather than the other way around. So yes, in the case of my miqo'te, Nepeta Cataria aka, catnip, does make them trip out.

However, reproduction department, I approach that as miqo'te being like humans there, except the fact that Miqo'te produce  mostly girls, with boys being very rare for either species of Miqo'te.

As for tongues, I do suspect their sense of taste is far more superior to other races. Do they have sandpaper tongues? I don't think so. But I do think they'd have more nerves within their tongues. I believe miqo'te have superior sight, taste, smell and hearing compared to the other races.

(08-05-2014, 04:30 PM)K Wrote: I RP K'ailia and my other Miqo'te as being feline with human features, rather than the other way around. So yes, in the case of my miqo'te, Nepeta Cataria aka, catnip, does make them trip out.

However, reproduction department, I approach that as miqo'te being like humans there, except the fact that Miqo'te produce  mostly girls, with boys being very rare for either species of Miqo'te.

As for tongues, I do suspect their sense of taste is far more superior to other races. Do they have sandpaper tongues? I don't think so. But I do think they'd have more nerves within their tongues. I believe miqo'te have superior sight, taste, smell and hearing compared to the other races.

I would not be surprised if they did have superior senses to humans, but I've always thought that Moon Keepers have superior night vision and inferior daylight vision, and that Sun Seekers are the opposite - very good daytime vision, inferior night vision.

RE: Cats. And things that look like them. - Aerghwab - 08-05-2014

(08-05-2014, 04:30 PM)K Wrote: I RP K'ailia and my other Miqo'te as being feline with human features, rather than the other way around. So yes, in the case of my miqo'te, Nepeta Cataria aka, catnip, does make them trip out.

Even elezen? The Wildwood blurb on the website makes a point of saying they have an incredibly keen sense of sight, which factors greatly into their unparalleled expertise as archers. Likewise for Duskwights and their hearing: "They have developed an acute sense of hearing, capable of detecting the faintest of sounds." 

For Miqo'te eyesight, I'd think it would depend on subrace, with Keepers seeing far better at night (hence the rounded pupils) and Seekers during the day (slitted). Both seem to naturally be quite agile and dextrous, though, just going by their starting attributes.

RE: Cats. And things that look like them. - FreelanceWizard - 08-05-2014

Any glasses use hair clips, clearly. Smile

I don't think there's been any lore one way or another on miqo'te and catnip or the finer bits of their morphology, so I guess you can do whatever you like in that regard, depending on whether you see them as more feline or human. I personally don't see a lot of evidence in game for them being particularly feline, but not everyone agrees (and there is that punny NPC outside of Fallgourd Float...).

There was lore -- I believe on the 1.0 main site -- that indicated miqo'te had particularly keen eyesight and hearing. I think it's safe to say that's probably true, but I personally class it as "on the upper edge of human ability." L'yhta is so oblivious most of the time that any advantage it might provide doesn't apply to her, at any rate. Smile I do RP her as having particularly poor night vision, given the fact that she's a Seeker of the Sun, which is one reason why she likes staves that glow.