Hydaelyn Role-Players
Hello! I'm sort of new to this. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Hello! I'm sort of new to this. (/showthread.php?tid=7938)

Hello! I'm sort of new to this. - Foforo Lunaforo - 08-11-2014

Hello! I've been playing FFXIV for two weeks now and I'm already in love. I've been playing on the Balmung server, and all the roleplayers got me curious to try it out.

--MMORPG background
I haven't played much MMO's. I've only played Runescape and Defiance.

--RP experience
I never roleplayed in a video game, but my brother and I played a lot of D&D 3.0 & 3.5.

--Character ideas/info
I haven't thought of some elaborate back story for Foforo. He's a shy but friendly, young Plainsfolk Lalafell. He has a cheerful disposition, and is always looking for a reason to laugh. He lived his whole life in La Noscea with his Parents and only Brother. He enjoyed spending his time fishing with his brother, as well as helping his Mother on the farm, but he always thought that they deserved more than this. He did what he could to gather enough gil to leave La Noscea, on a quest to provide a better living arrangement for his family. He now lives his life, one day at a time. Easily getting distracted from his goal,, and always on a search for new scenery or people to meet.

Obviously, I plan on editing it a bit when I learn more lore.

--How did you learn about the coalition?
I Googled FFXIV RP, and this was the first result.

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?
I plan on being a "medium" roleplayer. I'll be in character a lot, but not 100% of the time. Also, I'm working on learning the lore of FFXIV, but I don't plan on absorbing every single tidbit of lore.

RE: Hello! I'm sort of new to this. - Yune - 08-11-2014

Yay, another shorty lalafell! >^.^<

You had me at D&D.

In any case, welcome to the forum and to the game. I haven't been on Balmung too long myself, but I've met some pretty nice people so far. Personally, I was amazed at the number of random strangers that would just approach me IC and start talking. As far as I knew in games, that was completely unheard of (I always found myself entirely solo in MMOs).

Looking forward to seeing you sometime in the game. I have a lala myself, but I'm on her rarely these days since I feel rather discouraged at how hard it is for a THM to queue up in DF alone... But! If you ever need someone to run some low level dungeons with you, let me know! I'm not very far in the main story at all, even with my main character, and I love running the lower level stuff. >^.^<

RE: Hello! I'm sort of new to this. - Unnamed Mercenary - 08-11-2014

Welcome to the community!

RE: Hello! I'm sort of new to this. - Faye - 08-11-2014

Hello there, welcome to the RPC! Big Grin It's good to have you here on Balmung! Feel free to say hello if you seen me around in-game!