Hydaelyn Role-Players
What do you ride? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Character Workshop (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Thread: What do you ride? (/showthread.php?tid=7965)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: What do you ride? - C'kayah Polaali - 08-14-2014

(08-14-2014, 11:29 AM)Aya Wrote: I am wishing that Aya could get her hands on a motorcycle, it would seem a terrific mount for her, but it does not seem like such things fit the present setting Smile

Much like the weapon and artifact thread, her availability of a mount is underwhelming by Adventurer standards.  She does not own a mount, and relies on renting a Chocobo  when one is needed.
It's funny, because motorcycles are pretty canon in the FF universe. Pretty much every FF game has had them.

C owns a chocobo that he rides when he's out of town. Khaj is fairly young and spirited, and he replaces C's old bird which... um... was blown up in a smuggling operation gone terribly wrong...

RE: What do you ride? - Askier - 08-14-2014

Drumstick.

The bird of legend and mystery. Drumstick is not the fastest. Drumstick is not the biggest. But Drumstick is incredibly smart and is very dear to Askier.

Askier purchased the mount five years ago after he fled the Empire.  The bird has been through his many adventures and even played a large role in Askier's effort to destroy Ul'dah (saving Askier's life several times lol)

Askier refuses to ride any other chocobo if he can help it and often brings the bird along on airship rides and will talk with the bird if he needs to vent.

Drumstick doesn't understand much Askier says but can read body language and tone of voice very well. I have actually rped as Drumstick several times. Big Grin

He got his name when Askier first bought the young bird to remained himself what part to eat first if Askier was ever starving.

RE: What do you ride? - Melkire - 08-14-2014

(08-14-2014, 02:05 PM)C Wrote: It's funny, because motorcycles are pretty canon in the FF universe. Pretty much every FF game has had them.

Most of the newer ones, yes. The early FF games were more medieval-themed, as far as fantasy goes.

FFVI was where the shift came, if I recall correctly. Suddenly, Industrial Age!

RE: What do you ride? - Tiergan - 08-14-2014

75% of the time, Tiergan is seen riding a coeurl named Valor he sprang loose from poachers/trappers roughly two or three years ago. Valor is calm, intelligent, protective, self-sufficient, and has been one of Tiergan's most steadfast companions. The big cat is actually female, but Tiergan's so convinced she's male (it's all that muscle!) that he didn't bother checking for gender. He'll be in for an surprise if she ever gets pregnant. :V

His other mount is a GC Chocobo named Baldr who is a plucky, cheerful, and loyal bird. It's overly affectionate and likes to headbutt people's hands. Tiergan seems to ignore it most of the time, but secretly doesn't mind patting it and feeding it greens.

I'm not sure if Tiergan has the Draught or not IC -- even though it is INSANELY fun giving people rides.

RE: What do you ride? - Kage - 08-14-2014

Kage has used a Draught Chocobo ICly to give rides. I'm considering if it's possible to have had Shiron grow from the "regular" GC chocobo he was to the size that Draught Chocobos are.

Kage obtained an unspecified Chocobo (Shiron) when its previous owner abandoned the Chocobo and his whistle while Kage was training when he was still short and tiny. This explains why Shiron is not Lalafell-sized carrier XD

RE: What do you ride? - W'seckhi Asah - 08-14-2014

Fio rides a standard grand company chocobo attained through his service to the Maelstrom. Ser Pecksalot, he named it. That overgrown chicken is friggin' vicious. 

He has also been issued Magitek Reaper, but that's kept at an undisclosed location away from prying eyes.

RE: What do you ride? - Knight Kat - 08-15-2014

Kiht rides her small, somewhat unruly Chocobo named Windrunner. He is super quick, and can maneuver well over rough terrain.

Chocobos are great. The only mount I would choose over a Chocobo, if it were available, is a Raptor mount. Kiht is small enough to where a large raptor could hold her; I would think.

In the minion guide description, it says that Goblins use raptors as beasts of burden. So, they can be raised and domesticated.

Or I could have Kiht ride a large white wolf...Laugh

RE: What do you ride? - Cato - 08-15-2014

J'rakh doesn't own a steed. He simply wanders throughout Eorzea on foot unless he needs to head to La Noscea in which case he'll seek passage there via a ship. It's a shame there isn't an established racial mount for each playable race.

RE: What do you ride? - Siha - 08-15-2014

Siha rides a typical Rounsey chocobo, he doesn't have a cities barding but does have some light armor to protect him. She's lovingly named him Qhota which means brother, as she's had him since she was around the age of 15 and grew up with the dear thing. He's a lively ball of feathers, fiercely protective of her, but friendly to those she seems at ease with.

RE: What do you ride? - TheLastCandle - 08-15-2014

ICly, Yvelont never rides anything but his chocobo: a destrier he named Goliath after a gigas in some obscure legend he read about. He raised the bird from a hatchling from his time as a squire in Ishgard, was his sole companion until arriving in Gridania years ago, and carried him into battle at Carteneau. So, naturally, I tend to use the Legacy Chocobo to represent him in game. If only we could summon them as a companion!

RE: What do you ride? - Ciel - 08-15-2014

Ciel rides a coeurl, which she named Mille-Feuille.  He was given to her as a betrothal gift seven years before the Calamity.  He was still pretty much a kitten at the time, so he's had time to grow large and strong enough to carry her.

Having been born and raised in Gridania, she named him after her favorite desert.  Mille-Feuille translates to "many layers" or "thousand leaves" which is what the scaly ridges on his neck, tail, and limbs reminded her of.

RE: What do you ride? - Crisiet - 08-15-2014

Crisiet rides a chocobo of the courser variety named Tournette. She's clearly very well bred and should have been far too expensive for him to have acquired through conventional means. He tells people she was a gift, but had in fact stolen her while escaping Ishgard. 

When he was a serving knight-captain, he rode a destrier named Fournet into battle.

RE: What do you ride? - Rosekitten - 08-19-2014

Actually I'm glad I stumbled on this thread.. I was about to go edit my character information to be a bit more clear/fix a few things dealing with her creature companions.

Lorraine  has a bad habit of taking in strays or agreeing to help look after odd pets if asked... Not that she minds and most she'll find homes for or end up growing too attached to. This being said she has (or in the future will have) two beasts of burden. The second is still being written out so for now will be excluded. 

One being Zeek her faithful and over excitable Chocobo. He's been around her from the day he was born at the Red Rooster Stead. Originally he was just another work bo there and was trained for deliveries and to help about the Stead. This changed as the over sized bird refused to listen to anyone after she took her leave of her job position at the Stead. Soon enough getting a letter to take the bird off their hands. Of course not for free.. that is a debt she is still trying to pay off.

Zeek has been known to get his rider into trouble.. and himself. Overly curious and acts more like a hyper active pooch. Quit often forgetting his size and knocking folks over in his friendly greeting.

RE: What do you ride? - Kage - 08-20-2014

(08-15-2014, 06:00 AM)Knight Kat Wrote: Kiht rides her small, somewhat unruly Chocobo named Windrunner. He is super quick, and can maneuver well over rough terrain.

Chocobos are great. The only mount I would choose over a Chocobo, if it were available, is a Raptor mount. Kiht is small enough to where a large raptor could hold her; I would think.

In the minion guide description, it says that Goblins use raptors as beasts of burden. So, they can be raised and domesticated.

Or I could have Kiht ride a large white wolf...Laugh

Would Kiht ride the new direwolf Ixali tribe mounts?

RE: What do you ride? - WanderingWordsmith - 08-20-2014

He doesn't have it yet, but I'm planning a story wherein Averill overcomes his fear of aided transport (airships, boats, chocobos etc.) through the aid of a gentle chocobo who comes to his aid. It's all still a work in progress, though.