Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] I have an FC full of people, and we want to connect. Can you help us? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] I have an FC full of people, and we want to connect. Can you help us? (/showthread.php?tid=7971)

I have an FC full of people, and we want to connect. Can you help us? - Maril - 08-14-2014

So.. Some of you may know that I am the leader of KinRP (The Kindred, though carrying the FC name of The Clandestine), we've been here for soon to be a year and we've gone through a bit of everything. 

How exactly it happened, I do not know, but what I do know is that we stand with a pretty refined concept and 40 active RP'ers (based on a log in per 7 days check) that really just want to get out there and do stuff. Especially with other people, for whilst we sorted ourselves out we have managed to neglect the part of the plan where we make friends with others. 
For those who do not know us, we're an FC that is mostly active during the EU times, but we have a good deal of Americans with us as well that we love to bits. Our concept is that of a company that has branched into a few things, mainly in trade, mercenary work and the branch of the service-minded. As such we have everything from chefs, barmaids, all-purpose-lalafells and muscle. We also host two barnights a week in the EU primetime, and we have our house in the Goblet. 

As you might be able to guess, our RP varies with what people want to do. There's tavern/house RP, personal RP, action based RP.. But we've a hard time finding ways to incorporate others. We've hosted a few server wide events before with great success, though I have no ideas for one such at the moment. This is a problem we've had since pre-housing areas, so please do not bring up that arguement - at the end of the day, it's not the location but the people there that makes things awesome, and calling the housing areas out as desolate isolated holes only manifests a problem that wasn't there before.
Really what we truly need is some people that could foresee some good interactions between us, whether it's work-based or social based doesn't really matter. I've made a post in the event's section a little while back explaining what KinRP can offer, though from that we've only got one event lined up for TheFutureTM.
We are the most active from 20 BST and onwards into the night, I've forgotten what it converts into again but I know it's a bit early. 

That's also why I suspect a large part of why we're facing difficulties with finding people - Because they're simply not on and rping when we are.
Regardless I would like to reach out to -anyone- who might think us compatible - feel free to ask questions here as well, then we can work out of timezones will be a problem or not Smile

And any general advice is also welcome ^^

RE: I have an FC full of people, and we want to connect. Can you help us? - Bryn - 08-14-2014

Well, what timing!

Aeon is currently exploring avenues to connect with other FCs, too. We're a small FC and a bit of a motley crew, who masquerade ICly as a run-of-the-mill adventurers' company.

Let's see if we can't brainstorm some awesomeness together.

[Edit] Oh, and this offer extends to other FCs, too. If you're in need of adventurers-for-hire or can see another plot we can brew up, let me know!

RE: I have an FC full of people, and we want to connect. Can you help us? - LiveVoltage - 08-14-2014

Well there isn't really a whole lot you can do for NA players. Thats the downside of timezones, we all share the same server but we are all on different times of the day, which can kill a portion of the RP group that is too weak to sustain itself. An idea would be to just split the two groups and let them have their own RP plot's and whatnot but I digress...

Just an idea.   ^_^

RE: I have an FC full of people, and we want to connect. Can you help us? - Melkire - 08-14-2014

Red Wings might hit you up for party services if the timing's ever right. Might also need to subcontract some work out to mercenaries, which... could get interesting, considering we already have ties with at least one mercenary FC. Healthy competition for your more martial members?  

I'm just brainstorming. I'll hit up our FC leaders tonight (along as said allied merc FC) and see what they think.

RE: I have an FC full of people, and we want to connect. Can you help us? - R'khei - 08-15-2014

*Waves*

Kindred Member here looking forward to meeting new peoples! Smile

RE: I have an FC full of people, and we want to connect. Can you help us? - Ciel - 08-15-2014

I've met a few Kindred folk and was able to drop in one evening for tavern night, and Bexy and Mathieux have come to OS&R Costa beach night a couple of times, as well as to our tavern night when we still ran it out of the Coffer & Coffin.  I think we could do more to connect, certainly, but KinRP are considered friends of the Order.