Hydaelyn Role-Players
Rp everywhere on Balmung! A little overwhelmed; Helps? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Rp everywhere on Balmung! A little overwhelmed; Helps? (/showthread.php?tid=7989)

Rp everywhere on Balmung! A little overwhelmed; Helps? - WillOwisp - 08-15-2014

So Yeah! I just joined Balmung after being told RP was more plentiful and ohmygrim it is! EVERYWHERE. I lauve it.

But with so many RP groups I'm seeing all over, I'm a little overwhelmed and confused on where to get started!
I'm looking for Free Companys as well as Linkshells.

I'm a casual, paragraph roleplayer who enjoys Rping in smaller groups then massive groups (I'm a little shy and get quiet in large settings!)
Currently playing a little Lalafell witch who is to be a potion brewing bumblehead who always makes mistakes in her work that cause interesting effects.

Anywho!
Some direction would be greatly appreciated, and feel free to contact me:
IN GAME: Violet Valentine

RE: Rp everywhere on Balmung! A little overwhelmed; Helps? - Alothia - 08-15-2014

/adminhat

Just letting you know that I went ahead and edited your post because it wasn't conducive to the Balmung/Gilgamesh server debate. According to the post in the last thread, we will be moderating those comments. Please keep that in mind. Thanks!

RE: Rp everywhere on Balmung! A little overwhelmed; Helps? - WillOwisp - 08-16-2014

(08-15-2014, 11:33 PM)Alothia Wrote: /adminhat

Just letting you know that I went ahead and edited your post because it wasn't conducive to the Balmung/Gilgamesh server debate. According to the post in the last thread, we will be moderating those comments. Please keep that in mind. Thanks!
Eep sorry

RE: Rp everywhere on Balmung! A little overwhelmed; Helps? - Marisa - 08-16-2014

Isn't it great? I just spend over 2 hours listening to these two crazy little lalafells tell stories. They were outlandish as hell and obviously exaggerated or outright lies (these guys were extremely good roleplayers, so I doubt they were actually trying to mary sue their characters) but Ryoko is really young and naive so she believed every word of it. I just server-transferred from Siren earlier and already feel like I've gotten my money's worth out of it!

RE: Rp everywhere on Balmung! A little overwhelmed; Helps? - Nebbs - 08-16-2014

I would suggest checking out the linkshel list in these forums, there are some active ones for RP connections.

And yay RP! Welcome to the server Smile

RE: Rp everywhere on Balmung! A little overwhelmed; Helps? - Lan Darklyn - 08-16-2014

(08-16-2014, 05:22 AM)Nebbs Wrote: Ditto what Nebbs said! If you are looking for RP connections they are all over. I suggest possibly joining the OpenRP linkshell that Nebbs created, it is a great way to talk with both veteran and newer RP players on our server. Also there are many open to the public style events on the server, just look here on the RPC for those events.

-Shameless Plug Mode Activated-
The Harbingers of the Dawn run a weekly Tavern Night on Thursdays where we open the doors to everyone to come and have fun and it gives people a great place to start making those connections.
 -Shameless Plug Mode Deactivated-

So yeah you picked a great server to come to!

I would suggest checking out the linkshel list in these forums, there are some active ones for RP connections.

And yay RP! Welcome to the server Smile

RE: Rp everywhere on Balmung! A little overwhelmed; Helps? - TheBlob - 08-16-2014

Welcome to Balmung!
*obligitory gift bag, confetti*

As Nebbs said, use the linkshells list here to wander through a list of active free companies and linkshells. Some people find browsing through the directories and character wikis useful too!

Don't be afraid to ask questions or put yourself out there, we're a fairly friendly bunch here and are eager to help. 

Hope to see you around. I can always use more Lalas in my life. Bouncy