Hydaelyn Role-Players
Greetings - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Greetings (/showthread.php?tid=8026)

Greetings - DorianHauke - 08-19-2014

Hello all.   I just started FFXIV about a week ago and got hooked pretty quickly lol.  After doing some homework I found this page and am eagerly awaiting the chance to actually log into one of the two servers.  Hopefully the wait won't be too long.  A bit of background: I have been playing MMOs fairly regularly since about a month or so after the launch of Star Wars Galaxies.  In the early years there, I formed a small guild that had a fantastic chemistry and similar ideas.  I have always been an rp fella, which I blame on the endless hours I spent playing AD&D 2nd edition during my high school years.  My table top gaming hasn't ended, and I have been known to bring a fading rp group back to the land of the living by rounding up my friends.  My greatest table-top gaming feat was prying some young gamers away from 4th ed. D&D and bringing them back to the old school feel of 2nd edition.  As for my MMO IC claim to fame, I once randomly initiated an rp with someone in a hospital in Galaxies and with some effort convinced him ICly to join the Rebellion.  Good times.  I sincerely hope I can find my way onto Balmung or Gilgamesh soon, but time will tell.  Until then, happy RPing!!

RE: Greetings - Marisa - 08-22-2014

Hello! If you're willing to put in the extra cash, it might not be a bad idea to level to 50 on your current server and then transfer over. Making a character on Gilgamesh or Balmung (especially Balmung) requires you to be on at odd hours, usually around 6-7am EST on a weekday. Took me two mornings for Balmung to finally open, you just gotta be patient. Either way, best of luck to you!

RE: Greetings - Zoetrooper - 08-22-2014

<3 Table tops, but it has been a long time since I've played any. My experience was mostly Call of Cthulhu, Aberrant and whatnot. I also spent 7 years RPing in CoH before it went down. It's a pleasure to meet you.

Gilgamesh also can be difficult to get into, sadly. I'm only able to make new characters for it early early early morning. Whichever server you choose I wish you luck, if you do park yourself in Gilgamesh give Zachree Rowlaux some tells (that's me) and I'll invite you to some linkshells.

Cheers!

RE: Greetings - DorianHauke - 08-22-2014

I usually have to be to work at 7am, so I actually designed the character I wanted and saved it so I could quickly upload it and get a quick start in the morning.  It worked :-).  I am on Balmurg and the current toon is Lynx Dusklight.  I am actually going to be gone all weekend though, but I will hopefully see some of you soon!!

RE: Greetings - Unnamed Mercenary - 08-22-2014

(08-22-2014, 08:12 AM)DorianHauke Wrote: I usually have to be to work at 7am, so I actually designed the character I wanted and saved it so I could quickly upload it and get a quick start in the morning.  It worked :-).  I am on Balmurg and the current toon is Lynx Dusklight.  I am actually going to be gone all weekend though, but I will hopefully see some of you soon!!

Welcome to  the community! A quick character search shows you starting in Ul'dah, which is going to have a massively-large amount of roleplayers around the Quicksand (and other areas). It cna be a little daunting at first. (And I'd definitely recommend setting up some additional chat log filters, because the general one is going to scrolling like crazy).

If you ever need some help with any of the game quests, or are looking for some walk-up RP, feel free to come my way. Smile

RE: Greetings - Marisa - 08-23-2014

(08-22-2014, 08:12 AM)DorianHauke Wrote: I usually have to be to work at 7am, so I actually designed the character I wanted and saved it so I could quickly upload it and get a quick start in the morning.  It worked :-).  I am on Balmurg and the current toon is Lynx Dusklight.  I am actually going to be gone all weekend though, but I will hopefully see some of you soon!!
Hurray! More friends for Ryoko!