Hydaelyn Role-Players
Anonymous - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: Anonymous (/showthread.php?tid=8051)

Pages: 1 2

Anonymous - T'shina - 08-22-2014

Have you ever wanted to send a letter to someone Anonymously? Ever wanted to have someone deliver something for you but the person in question not know who it came from?

Here I introduce Anon Y'mous. He is a character I created last night to do just that! All that is needed is that he be friends with a lot of people so that letters can be delivered and using him as gateway to get these plot induced items out there! I will be leveling him enough to have a cowl and be level 15 and work on getting all the Aetherytes to help him out!

I would be happy to hear any feed back on the community's thoughts on having an Anonymous deliverer for your plot needs.

RE: Anonymous - Kage - 08-22-2014

This sounds like a great idea!

I know of a few people who meant to send things unsigned but that the game... automatically attaches your name as sender xD

RE: Anonymous - Faye - 08-22-2014

Nifty idea, I like it! Thanks for doing this! Big Grin Perhaps I'll have use for it in the future!

RE: Anonymous - Roswyn - 08-22-2014

Anon Y'mous would be the best information broker ever. o_o

RE: Anonymous - T'shina - 08-22-2014

Yes. Yes he would. But I thought it would be a good idea considering letters tag your name at the end (not to mention you have to be friends with the person to send them a letter anyway) and sometimes the mystery in an RP is the best part! I know that back when I played WoW people would make a random toon, send you a letter and delete the character and you'd never know who it came from and that's something you can't do on this game because of the friend's list thing.

EDIT: And then I thought of Anonymous love letters as I was leveling.

EDIT2: As of this moment, Anon is now Level 15 with the three city states unlocked!

RE: Anonymous - Stagnetti - 08-23-2014

On a message board RP/Strategy game I was on staff for based on Romance of the Three Kingdoms (2nd/3rd century China) we had an NPC account that we used all over for RP or plot advancement purposes.
Great idea!

RE: Anonymous - Raz - 08-23-2014

Awesome idea. Thanks for doing this! I'm sure Vivenne will need something like this at some point. Smile

RE: Anonymous - Bumo - 08-23-2014

Neat idea!

RE: Anonymous - Yaaris - 08-30-2014

I think this is a great idea! I actually think I will use your services today Smile

RE: Anonymous - T'shina - 09-12-2014

Seems it is easier to send me a PM or a tell on my main since I don't really log over to him XD

Seems easier to have letters hand delivered due to the silly character cap for letters unless they are extremely short.

RE: Anonymous - T'shina - 11-25-2014

The character is still available for use! Don't hesitate to send me a message!

RE: Anonymous - Elysia - 11-25-2014

Nice idea! Big Grin

I'm toying with the idea of having Avis do some ghostwriting for players ICly (ghostwriting is a perfect way for her to practice writing flamboyantly and collect gossip stories, so...). If they somehow met and merged their interests, they could be an empire business to reckon with...

RE: Anonymous - T'shina - 11-25-2014

Unfortunately, I don't play the character Anon as a character at all. But more to give a way for people to deliver to others in an Anonymous manner since letters always have signed name and making a random character just to deliver a message is difficult and so the character can exist!

RE: Anonymous - Elysia - 11-25-2014

Ah yes, I did wonder Big Grin it does sound potentially interesting though. I'll be sure to contact Anon if his services are ever required!

RE: Anonymous - Volk - 11-25-2014

I love it! I may have a letter or two to send, so if I see you on, I'll add you! Great immersive concept!