Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Perils of Pudding [Open] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: The Perils of Pudding [Open] (/showthread.php?tid=8071)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: The Perils of Pudding [Open] - Verad - 08-27-2014

Funny things happened when disaster was imminent. Time started to slow down. People started to notice things that were slightly off. In such instances, these kind of observations could be the deciding factor between catastrophe and a near-miss.

Verad was not one of those people. All he managed to notice was that Natalie seemed to have changed appearance and hairstyle, and that the pudding seemed to have teleported onto another head - a serious problem, but one with immense practical applications if harnessed - before colliding into Leanne face-first, skull-to-skull.

There wasn't a resounding crack, because Verad's thickheadedness was merely metaphorical, but there was a definite thud of a sound as he collided with Leanne's temple, beard scraping her face as he slumped down onto the ground, prone and prostrated, stifling a groan.

Even in his injured state, however, he was reaching up, clutching at Leanne's trousers as the mistaken identity continued. "Madam," he gasped, the pain blurring his vision while giving her an imploring look. "The pudding, please . . . I must have it . . . "

RE: The Perils of Pudding [Open] - Leanne - 08-27-2014

Leanne's perception of time became painstakingly slow, body freezing at the imminent clash. The face of the flying duskwight was the only thing that her mind could perceive before things went black for several seconds.

"...OOOOOWWW!!!" she groaned in pain while holding her head, not exactly being made of the thickest material either. While holding her head though, yet another thing came to distract her, as Verad held to her trousers, still imploring for the (beloved?) pudding. She still winced at the pain inflicted from the monumental head collision, golden hues squinting while waiting for everything to come into clear focus. "I-I don't have the pudding...it's on Natalie's head...!"

She points to Natalie with one hand. "W-Why you want a pudding so badly, anyhow, mister...owie, my head..."

RE: The Perils of Pudding [Open] - McBeefâ„¢ - 08-28-2014

Natalie falls backwards in confusion. "W-what is...?" Her eyes widen as Verad sails over her and impacts into Leanne.

"What are you doing!" She barks before she pauses to listen to Leanne's words. "P-pudding?" Natalie reaches out a hand and experimentally touches her head, her finger sinking softly into the mass of the pudding. If puddings could blush, it would be doing so.

"Oh..." Natalie says strangely, "There is a pudding on my head isn't there?"

RE: The Perils of Pudding [Open] - Verad - 08-28-2014

As soon as Leanne clarified that she was not in fact the carrier of the custard, Verad's face fell.

"Oh."

Promptly letting go of her leg, he turned towards Natalie in a kind of shuffling crawl, never really leaving the ground, and, given the relatively close distance between Leanne and she, scrunched himself together in a way that would make a contortionist cringe, before managing to clutch at her pant leg in much the same manner.

"Please, madam, that . . . pudding! I must have it. I have been hunting it for hours! Days! We - " He paused, unwilling to exaggerate that far. "For quite a long while at any rate! You simply must give it to me, I beg you."

RE: The Perils of Pudding [Open] - Coatleque - 08-28-2014

Coatleque had just happened to be heading down the main thoroughfare of Pearl Lane when she heard the commotion down one of the side avenues. Thinking someone was in trouble she took off in that direction.

Rounding the corner she stopped in her tracks just in time to see Verad clinging to some poor girl's pants while Natalie was molesting a pudding attached to her head.

The Knight slowly backed away with arms raised, making as little noise as possible, and left before anyone would notice her.

RE: The Perils of Pudding [Open] - Unnamed Mercenary - 08-28-2014

"Natalie, what else could it be? It's been on your head since you'd stumbled over this man's trap for it." He eyed the sign near what was left, "not a trap". Who were those signed intended for?! It couldn't possibly have been a pudding that didn't have eyes, let alone anything to think with. He gave her a stern look, "now, give the man his pudding. ...don't you have patrols to do?"

Franz walked over to Leanne. Now that Verad had moved on to his proper target, things could possibly be resolved. He bent down a little and offerered her a hand. "Miss Leanne, are you alright?"

All the while, the rat had been gorging itself on the rolanberries and walnuts, dipped in chocolate. Either the bag had been fuller than expected, or the rat had gained the notion of savoring the finer things in its life.

RE: The Perils of Pudding [Open] - McBeefâ„¢ - 08-28-2014

Natalie shakily takes her hand and tries to scoop the mixture off her head, but her hand simply passes through it with a disturbing 'schlorp' noise. The pudding vibrates happily, apparently having enjoying the sensation, if puddings can even feel enjoyment.

"I don't know how to feel about this." Natalie simply states. She pokes another finger to it, and you can almost hear the slime coo. She looks at Franz, "His Pudding? I found it!" turning her gaze downwards to the elezen tugging at her leg, "What do you need it for anyway?"

RE: The Perils of Pudding [Open] - Unnamed Mercenary - 08-28-2014

"Natalie, your face landed in his trap.... Look around the rope." Franz was trying his best to stay calm. Just. Focus. 

Verad might have to be on his own in this.

RE: The Perils of Pudding [Open] - Leanne - 08-28-2014

Leanne was the one clinging to her pants after the strange ordeal, widen eyes still looking in disbelief at Franz, Verad and Natalie, mind fruitlessly trying to find the answer for what just happened. How did she get into this?? Why that pudding was so special to put such intricate and bizarre plan into motion? Who was so kind to leave a measly rodent a bag of chocolate dipped treats? If she was to reach to any answer, the Seeker would never know, such conjectures being stopped by an approaching Franz. Perhaps he would help her with such conundrum.

"I'm...I'm alrighty...if I disregard the fact a duskwight just performed a flying headbutt and afterwards held to my pants as if I was his savior...and my current pain in the head...I might be alright..." despite the word usage, the phrase didn't hold any sarcasm or ill will. "I...rather wanna know...what is going on right now? What I stepped into. And why..." she looks at Natalie and her pudding lover(?) "...Why Natalie has a pudding on her head?" she raises a brow, as the pudding coo and wobbles at the touch of Natalie's digit. Perhaps it was a concussion messing with her vision, but Leanne could swear she saw the creature blushing. "Are you...molesting the little thing?"

RE: The Perils of Pudding [Open] - Jancis - 08-29-2014

Ankles.

Feet. A curious pair of feet far off in the distance, shining in their armor, that ended up walking forward then walking backwards out of sight.

A begging elderly elezen man around the other feet as the fiasco continued. Jancis blissfully missed watching one of the Sultana's own manhandle the gelatinous splendor from her viewpoint.

But her eyes did catch her quarry! The lovely damsel rodent in her fluffy glory nibbling on the tasty treats that brought the overhead world to attention in the first place. 

If only she could get that bag, mayhaps the rat would follow suit...

Taking her basic wand, a stick of little description, she reached out, hoping to snag the side of the treat bag. The knotted stick prodded at the bag, crunching it, as it worked its way into catching or poking through.

RE: The Perils of Pudding [Open] - Verad - 08-29-2014

She found it? Molesting?! The very ideas in combination sent an unpleasant shudder down Verad's spine, assuming that wasn't leftover damage from the collision making his nerves twinge.
"Slander, madam!" he said as he pawed and clawed his way into an upright, if not quite all right, position, head wobbling uncertainly as he shook himself free from a rush of dizziness. "I spent several hours laying that trap. Do you have any idea how difficult it is to tie a rat up such that it makes a little bow?!"

Indignant? Perhaps. But he'd gone to all that trouble. He'd even made the little signs. Could it have been the case that they were too effective, and nobody noticed that a trap had been there at all?

He would praise his own cleverness later, and at great length. For now, he had a job to do, which would require, using appropriately delicate tactics, convincing Natalie to yield his quarry. And he was about to use them, until he got a good look at her fingers delving into its fleshy interior.

"You can't just have your way with someone else's pudding and expect to walk away from it!" he said, abruptly and with a bit of sputtering, attempting to use the advantage of his greater height to swat the creature off the top of her head.

---

The rat was a trusting sword, and as the bag was caught and drug along the street, unseen by at least one particularly incensed and oblivious Duskwight, the creature followed suit. It had thus far been given a nice fat piece of fruit and a few nuts and chocolates to feed upon; while other rats might have questioned the wisdom of dragging itself along whatever food-source happened to be found, this rat was doing quite all right by itself.

And to think, his siblings had mocked him, thinking he would never come to anything? And here he was, and there they were, somewhere in a restaurant's interior squabbling over a thrown-away dish. Who was laughing now, hm?

RE: The Perils of Pudding [Open] - McBeefâ„¢ - 08-29-2014

"Verad it's just a pudding, calm yourself." She chuckles, "Can one even molest a pudding?" as she removes her hand from the creature with a disturbing sucking noise. The slime almost seems to give a contented sigh, moment's before the Duskwight's well aimed hand slaps into it, scooping it off of Natalie's head, and sending it sailing through the air. Natalie watches wide eyed at its arc, before it lands, with a soft 'splurp' on Leanne.

On the open collar of Leanne's shirt, to be specific. The slime makes a gurgling noise before nestling itself in the strange, warm crevice it now found itself in.

RE: The Perils of Pudding [Open] - Leanne - 08-29-2014

Leanne could only widen eyes, a cold running up her spine as suddenly, the strange critter made of substance found a nice cozy home between her breasts. She froze in place before trembling, a mix of embarrassment and displeasure as she felt the pudding sinking in further into the improvised 'nest'.

"....S-Someone...t-take it away from me before I f-freak out...." she whispered, slowly and pleading, amber hues -refusing- to have a look at the nasty sensation she felt on her chest. Over was the sympathy for what she felt was a rather endearing pudding. She now wanted the creature away from her as fast as possible.

RE: The Perils of Pudding [Open] - Unnamed Mercenary - 08-29-2014

The pudding had nearly come after it twice, so a third time /had/ to be possible. Franz looked around for the rat, noticing that a girl was trying to pick up the back of snacks he'd dropped with...was that wand?! It was only a rat.

He walked up and picked up the bag, the rat inside it happily munching away, without a care in the world. "Sorry, I'll have to take this back." He gave an awkward smile, as if that would make everything better.

Holding the bag out close enough to Leanne to get the notice of the pudding, he tried to bait it out from it's "nest".

"Come on....if the Elezen was able to bait you with this, it should work for me...".

He could only hope that the pudding would want the rat more. It was a rather beautiful, now plump rat, after all.

RE: The Perils of Pudding [Open] - Jancis - 08-29-2014

A smile grew on the conjurer's lips as her quarry was in sight. The fluffy missus rat was nearly in reachable distance when suddenly two large feet closed the distance. Two large hands came down and swooped up both the bag and the rodent!

"Ah! Forgive me, Lord." Jancis' voice came from the sewer, polite laced with an apologetic tone. "Might I trouble you for that rat?"

Hands came up to the edge of the sewer grate, like a prisoner, as she looked up best she could at the highlander.

"I have been here since the morning bell looking for her."