Hydaelyn Role-Players
Rogue/Ninja In 2.4 How will this work? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Rogue/Ninja In 2.4 How will this work? (/showthread.php?tid=8072)

Pages: 1 2 3

Rogue/Ninja In 2.4 How will this work? - Kage - 08-25-2014

So, we know that Rogue and Ninja are going to be introduced 2.4 right?

I'm just idly thinking at work but... how is this going to work for new players? Or do you think it's going to be (until say 3.0) locked to lvl 50 players first? Aka, players will be playing through Yugiri's story lines in the Main Story Scenario before they can access it?

It seems odd for new players to be able to be able to play the new class/job when they haven't even met Yugiri yet.

RE: Rogue/Ninja In 2.4 How will this work? - Warren Castille - 08-25-2014

Because Devil's Advocate is my favorite game, it's entirely possible it'll handle scripting like Legacy/Non-Legacy. If you've done the story quests and have met Yugiri, you'll get different dialogue. Otherwise you're just a new recruit, not a welcomed-back friend learning some promised tricks.

Not my personal theory, just a thought on the other side.

RE: Rogue/Ninja In 2.4 How will this work? - Coatleque - 08-25-2014

I'd have to echo what Warren said. They will probably change dialogue, or even make Yugiri phased out with another 'guildmaster' in place until you reach that point in the storyline. Either way, I have faith they will make it fit appropriately in some way or another.

RE: Rogue/Ninja In 2.4 How will this work? - Melkire - 08-25-2014

Yugiri is likely to be the Job NPC, not the Class NPC that serves as the guildmaster. Othard, and Doma by inclusion, are Far-East themed, so it's no stretch to assume that the new lady in town will be handing out the NIN quests.

MSQ makes it clear that Limsa Lominsa's secret society of "rogues" (we'd better be getting a Thief class, Yoshi P) has been around for quite some time, anyway.

RE: Rogue/Ninja In 2.4 How will this work? - Lan Darklyn - 08-25-2014

I'd like to see it handled in the way that Warren outlined. I just think it is a better idea overall to give the players that have already gotten through that part of the main quest a little something extra.

RE: Rogue/Ninja In 2.4 How will this work? - Roswyn - 08-25-2014

Bit of an odd sidenote, but I'm hoping Ninja is a pretty hands-off job when it comes out ICly.

Ninjas are supposted to be masters of not being seen, subterfuge, very secretive. I might punch something if I see everyone and their cheese rping a Ninja like this guy:

[Image: Naruto-Uzumaki-pedra.png]

RE: Rogue/Ninja In 2.4 How will this work? - Edgar - 08-25-2014

I'm going to be using Ninja as an excuse for this.

[Image: Ffxibluemage.jpg]

Blue Mage IC, motherfuckers!

RE: Rogue/Ninja In 2.4 How will this work? - Kage - 09-11-2014

Some "interesting" info regarding ninja

Quote:Additionally, I've already completed my checks for this, but the home base for ninja will be a guild that is located in each city-state and it will be a bit different than what everyone has seen up until now

Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XVII Q&A

RE: Rogue/Ninja In 2.4 How will this work? - Zyrusticae - 09-11-2014

EACH CITY STATE? WUUUUT?!

They're completely breaking all precedent here. Completely breaking it.

...But you know, what I'm more concerned with is how leveling it will be when absolutely everyone is playing NIN at the same time. Hoooo, boy!

RE: Rogue/Ninja In 2.4 How will this work? - Askier - 09-11-2014

(09-11-2014, 12:36 PM)Zyrusticae Wrote: ...But you know, what I'm more concerned with is how leveling it will be when absolutely everyone is playing NIN at the same time. Hoooo, boy!
For 5000 Gil I'll group with 2 ninjas and run them through dungeons. Hello cash flow! Lol

RE: Rogue/Ninja In 2.4 How will this work? - Melkire - 09-11-2014

(09-11-2014, 12:44 PM)Askier Wrote:
(09-11-2014, 12:36 PM)Zyrusticae Wrote: ...But you know, what I'm more concerned with is how leveling it will be when absolutely everyone is playing NIN at the same time. Hoooo, boy!
For 5000 Gil I'll group with 2 ninjas and run them through dungeons. Hello cash flow! Lol
You heal, I'll tank. Split the proceeds.

RE: Rogue/Ninja In 2.4 How will this work? - Askier - 09-11-2014

(09-11-2014, 12:52 PM)Melkire Wrote:
60-40 cause my idea.

RE: Rogue/Ninja In 2.4 How will this work? - Melkire - 09-11-2014

(09-11-2014, 12:55 PM)Askier Wrote:
(09-11-2014, 12:52 PM)Melkire Wrote:
60-40 cause my idea.
Done.

RE: Rogue/Ninja In 2.4 How will this work? - Yangh - 09-11-2014

(08-25-2014, 07:20 PM)Edgar Wrote: I'm going to be using Ninja as an excuse for this.

[Image: Ffxibluemage.jpg]

Blue Mage IC, motherfuckers!

Already found a loop hole for this >.> Have been RPing it for quuuuite a while.

BLU master race o.o *poses next to Edgar with shades*

RE: Rogue/Ninja In 2.4 How will this work? - CrookedTarot - 09-11-2014

(08-25-2014, 05:49 PM)Melkire Wrote: Yugiri is likely to be the Job NPC, not the Class NPC that serves as the guildmaster. Othard, and Doma by inclusion, are Far-East themed, so it's no stretch to assume that the new lady in town will be handing out the NIN quests.

MSQ makes it clear that Limsa Lominsa's secret society of "rogues" (we'd better be getting a Thief class, Yoshi P) has been around for quite some time, anyway.

To paraphrase Yoshi:

'Who would want to play a Thief when everyone is supposed to be a hero?'