Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Long Term Search - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Long Term Search (/showthread.php?tid=8140)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Long Term Search - Umi - 09-01-2014

(09-01-2014, 05:01 PM)Kitty Wizard Wrote: Hey Umi! I'm always down for role-play. Big Grin I noticed you mentioned an elusive herb... Luna's a botanist/herbalist and seeker of adventure. ;3 She'd definitely be curious to learn the plant's medicinal (and other) qualities, if she came along~ As well as providing additional information for any flower that floated her way.

Correct~ I'm not going to lie though the herb is completely made up... I managed to work out a picture of the herb drawn in Umi journal but its all pieced together really.~ However, if you are willing to deal with Umi nature then I will gladly send you a whisper and friends request in game.

RE: Long Term Search - Kitty Wizard - 09-01-2014

(09-01-2014, 05:06 PM)Umi Wrote:
(09-01-2014, 05:01 PM)Kitty Wizard Wrote: Hey Umi! I'm always down for role-play. Big Grin I noticed you mentioned an elusive herb... Luna's a botanist/herbalist and seeker of adventure. ;3 She'd definitely be curious to learn the plant's medicinal (and other) qualities, if she came along~ As well as providing additional information for any flower that floated her way.

Correct~ I'm not going to lie though the herb is completely made up... I managed to work out a picture of the herb drawn in Umi journal but its all pieced together really.~ However, if you are willing to deal with Umi nature then I will gladly send you a whisper and friends request in game.
That's totally fine! I have a bit of flower/plant knowledge IRL and I drew up a list of veggies and stuff with medicinal value, but I know that once it comes to role-play I'll be winging a lot of it. :3 Have been mulling over imaginary plants in the Eorzea universe... and writing down any I see in-game.
As for Umi's nature, Luna is from a super big family - a lot of which would have a similar attitude to Umi. Example:
Luna "Hey Jim, whatcha doi-?"
Jim "Scram."
She's used to amusing herself and generally being happy within her own bubble - she doesn't have to depend on others to keep her in a good mood. Besides, her desire for adventure would (in most cases) out-weigh the company.

RE: Long Term Search - Umi - 09-01-2014

(09-01-2014, 05:34 PM)Kitty Wizard Wrote: That's totally fine! I have a bit of flower/plant knowledge IRL and I drew up a list of veggies and stuff with medicinal value, but I know that once it comes to role-play I'll be winging a lot of it. :3 Have been mulling over imaginary plants in the Eorzea universe... and writing down any I see in-game.
As for Umi's nature, Luna is from a super big family - a lot of which would have a similar attitude to Umi. Example:
Luna "Hey Jim, whatcha doi-?"
Jim "Scram."
She's used to amusing herself and generally being happy within her own bubble - she doesn't have to depend on others to keep her in a good mood. Besides, her desire for adventure would (in most cases) out-weigh the company.

I have no clue on herbs honestly, I know a bit of medicine here and there but yes nothing known about herbs. My information may be totally off haha as for the attitude it seems at least these two would have a lot to talk about~ When do you normally log on?

RE: Long Term Search - Mr. Wolfdog - 09-01-2014

I've been thinking about how to get into something structured like this, I have a character I would be glad to throw in if it fits. I don't know what locales you would be wanting to do the RP in - I don't have any high level characters yet since I just started up last week. If that doesn't prevent me from accessing any sites you would want things to happen in then I'd be otherwise happy to jump in if there's space.

RE: Long Term Search - Kitty Wizard - 09-01-2014

(09-01-2014, 06:42 PM)Umi Wrote: I have no clue on herbs honestly, I know a bit of medicine here and there but yes nothing known about herbs. My information may be totally off haha as for the attitude it seems at least these two would have a lot to talk about~ When do you normally log on?
That's totally fine! We can make stuff up, together! \o/ I'm really interested in any other details you had regarding the herb/illness. ^_^ Though I'm sure Umi would reveal things to Luna in-character.
And agreed! Luna is also super intrigued by other Miqo'te, especially ones with close relations to their tribes (she's more domesticated/Hyur-like and finds her life boring - she wants to know her people's roots.)
I'm actually about to log in now~ But I just got laid off so my schedule is currently flexible. Once I get back into the working routine we'll have to figure something out (if you are interested in all this!), but in the mean-time I'm cool whenever. :3 I'm uh NA/UTC-5.

Edit - Oh. Forgot to mention! Luna is fairly agreeable... but she's kind of a klepto. You said "if I am willing to deal with Umi nature," but likewise Umi would have to deal with spontaneous thievery.

RE: Long Term Search - Guitarist978 - 09-04-2014

Hey, I'd be happy to help you form long term RP! My character's name is Isaac Soranis. He's in Ul'Dah.

RE: Long Term Search - Titor - 09-06-2014

Hullo!

It really sounds like Titor and Umi would get along pretty well, as from glancing over your wiki and OP they seem to have similar interests.

Titor is a doctor and aetheric engineer, not so much conjury as it is the scientific side of the aether. They could perhaps work together to find a cure (Titor does that kind of research) or otherwise seem to get along, if you would want an arching storyline.

I am on a lot, so it could definitely be long term.