Hydaelyn Role-Players
Heinous Omens [K-Tribe] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Heinous Omens [K-Tribe] (/showthread.php?tid=8162)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Heinous Omens [K-Tribe] - Nauta Lyehga - 01-02-2015

K'iara reached up, running her gloved fingers through her chocobo's feathers upon its neck. She watched for a moment as K'mih and K'tahjha skittered off to do as they were bid to. With a small nodd, she pat her Chocobo's head and had him kneel down. K'iara shifted, moving to help K'nahli into the saddle before she bit the chocobo to stand once more.

"Back to camp with you. Go to K'zhumi immediately. I will be there shortly." And with that she whistled to send her chocobo on its way. K'iara turned and strode over to the rest of the group, aiding in tying down the heavy beasts between two chocobos at a time. When everything was secured, they would move out back to the camp to bring the kills before the elders at the bonfire.

RE: Heinous Omens [K-Tribe] - K'nahli - 01-03-2015

Though greatly relieved to have had a helping hand, the girl couldn't help but feel a sense of shame as K'iara helped her up into the saddle. Biting her lip, K'nahli said nothing further as the lead huntress offered some parting words and signalled for the bird to bring her home with a distinct whistle. Responding with a pleasing chirp, the chocobo quickly set on it's way in the direction of their new camp as commanded by the miqo'te, naturally oblivious to the fragile state it's current rider was now in. K'nahli huffed a subdued breath as the chocobo's movements quickly began to agitate the growing pain in her hip, as she had predicted. Regardless, the girl tried to push her discomfort as far as she could to the back of her mind, choosing to distract herself by taking some solace in the knowledge that the bird was both mature and intelligent enough to do most of the work with bringing her home, with very little guiding required on her part.

~~~

Arriving back at the camp, K'nahli coaxed the bird into a walk with a soft whisper as she drew nearer to the inner circle of tents. The campfire in the centre continued to burn brilliantly, creating an enticing, orange glow that illuminated much of the area around it. Gazing into it's depths for a few moments, the girl found herself hesitating before then choosing to guide the bird out of the direct light, deliberately lingering within the shadows behind the first set of tents to avoid as much attention as possible from those who yet remained to tend to the many other tasks while the hunt was in progress. She didn't need travel far before the welcoming sight of K'zhumi's tent greeted her weary eyes. Slowly, the girl slung herself down from the bird, hoisting a lot of her nimble weight around the base of it's neck as she awkwardly dismounted the yellow-feathered creature in the least painful way that she could manage for herself. Stopping only to breath a soft sigh of relief, the girl commenced to take a few steps forward, moving to offer a thankful pat against the bird's plushy cheek before gliding her fingers down along and across it's beak as she continued forward toward K'zhumi's tent.

With a slide of her arm, the girl drew the tent flaps aside, calling out the healer's name softly as she did so.

"K'zhumi...?"

Her voice echoed silently within the cool interior of the tent with a tone that attempted to hide the weakness that sought to permeate itself through her voice.

RE: Heinous Omens [K-Tribe] - Izmina - 01-03-2015

K'zhumi hadn't gotten more than a few paces towards the fire circle, when she looked back and saw the chocobo in front of her tent. With a frowns, she stops dead in her track and turns and hurries back. Wondering if  K'yohko's youngest daughter had gotten in the way and been injured. Reaching her tent, she calls softly,"Out here." as she reaches for the flap.

K'nahli was a little surprised to find that the K'zhumi wasn't inside; not because the woman was normally confined to her tent or anything, but simply because, now that she had been caught by the surprise of not finding her there, she simply didn't know what to do. The thought crossed her mind that perhaps she were off tending to some other business and wouldn't be returning to her own tent any time soon... and the girl was in no mood to go limping around camp in search of her.

Before she even had the chance to lament the thought, the call of K'zhumi's voice from outside caught K'nahli's attention and bid her to turn around.

("Ah...") the girl thought with a sense of relief as he retreated back outside the tent until she was face to face with the woman.

"I....Apologies for disturbing you like this, K'zhumi, but I would have your healing hand if you have not other priorities..." the girl spoke clumsily as her eyes wandered anywhere but the healer's eyes. Normally she wasn't particularly awkward with dealing with her own family, but the disgrace of being wounded the way she had was affecting her state of mind.

K'zhumi's brows furrow in worry,"Of course don't be silly." she waves the girl back into the tent, her eyes scanning for obvious injuries. She spots some small scrapes and cuts on the girl's arms, and a tiny amount of blood coming from under the hairline. What worries her most is the limp.

"Have a seat please and let me have a look. What happened?" She sets her satchel down , pulling out the items she'd likely need, while her ear focuses on K'nahli.

Hesitating a moment, the girl glanced out toward the entrance of the tent as K'zhumi rooted through her satchel. It wasn't as though she had never been injured or even made a mistake before while out hunting, but somehow K'iara's words had made her feel incredibly self-conscious of the fact - almost as though everyone would plainly see that she had made such a disgraceful blunder.

After a second or two of pause, she gave her response.

"We located some new quarry, animals nothing alike to those we have been hunting upon the sands... albeit they are quite strong...

..One... caught me from my flank and I was knocked to the ground"
she explained reluctantly as her hand came to rest softly upon her hip, earning herself a pained wince in the process. Watching it in silence for a moment, the girl brought her fingers to glide over the affected area, anxiously, as she mentally prepared herself for whatever K'zhumi would inevitably have to do to ensure that the injury wasn't too severe.

After a moment, her gaze was brought back toward K'zhumi again, her eyes flickering in a moment's thought.

"Ah... with it's horns..."
she suddenly added vaguely to her already, quite-lacking description.
It might be helpful for her healer to actually have a better response than "there were monsters... and I got hurt", after all.

"They had curved horns...".

K'zhumi nods, a reassuring smile on her lips, not wanting to make the huntress feel uncomfortable or that she was being judged. "Do you mind if I take a look? " indicating that K'nahli should expose the hip.  She turns to firmly close the tent flap to preserve the girl's dignity.

Waiting for K'nahli to get settled, Zhumi sets out  her supplies, clean cloths and some cleaner for the smaller scraps and cuts, and various  ointments, plus stitching materials if needed. She has her grimoire close at hand as well.

K'nahli found herself growing solemn for a moment as K'zhumi continued to speak in a polite manner. She was quite nice, actually, K'zhumi. Perhaps it had been a while since she had been around her long enough to remember such a thing. It was a soothing thought to know that the woman seemed disinterested in the petty and shameful facts that had indeed weighed on K'nahli's mind since arriving home. Had she the ability to do so, then perhaps the girl might have even smiled to herself ever so softly.

Nodding once, K'nahli slowly turned to unfasten the clips on either side of her subligar before then carefully proceeding to remove her tall boots. The girl flinched in silent agony as she was forced to bend her legs far up toward herself in order to to do so, and despite her best efforts, was unable to conceal a weak cry now and then in the process. Though K'zhumi was no stranger to bearing witness to both pain and weakness, the healer remained in the corner of K'nahli's vision, the girl watching closely... for even the most subtle signs of disapproval or condemnation - though luckily, the woman had proven herself far above the results of such childish paranoia.

Next was the subligar itself, and, predictably, removing that was even worse. Being that the armour had been something which was secured tightly against the girl, even without the addition of the fasteners, it took some force to draw it down off of herself, but eventually she succeeded on her own without having to keep K'zhumi herself waiting.
Looking upon it for the first time herself, K'nahli was almost surprised that something so painful had creates such a discreet wound. Her narrowed eyes travelled over the large bruise which had begun across her side and then focused upon the rather light damage that had been done to her skin.

In a bizarre way, it was almost annoying that she didn't have something more visibly horrible to be in pain over as opposed to what appeared to be nothing. The girl sighed quietly enough to herself that even K'zhumi would not have managed to hear it. It would not be as though anyone would be seeing her hip in any case, she was thinking far too much - though perhaps that was intentional.

Forcing her ears to stay in a neutral position, K'zhumi waits patiently for K'nahli to finish with her gear, wincing ever so slightly at her patient's cries of pain. Seeing K'nahli is ready, Zhumi turns fully towards the huntress bending over to get a closer look. She reaches to palpate the injury, pausing before she makes contact with the girl, "This might hurt a bit. If you need to yell at me go ahead. No one here to listen but me." She palpates the bruised area as gently as she can finally straightening with a smile. "You  have a nasty bruise there, but no major damage has been done." 

She pushes K'nahli's bangs back with a frown, then turns to her supplies. "I can give you an ointment to spread into that hip and side area, that will make it less painful and heal faster. Unless you'd like me to apply it?" I'd like to clean those scrapes on your arms, and take a couple stitches into your forehead." she smiles waiting for K'nahli's answer.

RE: Heinous Omens [K-Tribe] - K'nahli - 01-04-2015

K'nahli clenched her teeth tightly together as K'zhumi proceeded to inspect the injury. Every slight touch offered by the healer managed to send a stinging pain deep into her flesh and begged for the girl to cry out to allow it's release... though luckily, this time she managed to keep her cries to herself.

"I can manage. If you feel you must tend to the rest then... I humbly accept" K'nahli responded more easily this time as the woman posed her question. It wasn't that the girl felt particularly uncomfortable with the idea, but she valued her independence and ability to take care of herself as much as possible.

That, and she simply wanted to return to her own world for a while, at nearest opportunity; where she could allow herself the peace of naught but her own company for some time - regrettably, the girl thought, to also take the time to gather the thoughts she would inevitably have to confront before the night would permit her to the sanctuary of her sleep.

RE: Heinous Omens [K-Tribe] - Izmina - 01-04-2015

K'zhumi smiles and reaches for a cloth and clear fluid, cleaning the wound on K'nahli's forehead thoroughly. She then applies an ointment into the small laceration,"This will help it's healing and numb it a slight bit. I'll let that work while I clean these other wounds." She turns her attention to the scrapes and cuts on the huntress' arms and legs, cleaning them gently but fully. "Now a couple of stitches and you'll be free to return to your tent to rest." Zhumi begins to place small, neat stitches into the forehead laceration.

K'nahli watched in silence as K'zhumi got to work with cleaning and tending to her wounds. It was like that for a while, with only K'zhumi's occasional narration of what she was doing, presumably in an attempt to educate and calm the girl, intermittently breaking the silence. The cuts themselves did not come without their own discomfort, especially so when they were applied with disinfectants and the like, but on their own they weren't bothersome enough to make the girl so much as flinch. She was no stranger to injury in her youthful days and since then she had proven herself to be rather resilient to it's effects. Had K'zhumi much of a memory when it came to each of her patients' visits then at least she might have recognised that K'nahli's obvious difficulty with her wounded hip was far beyond that of mere exaggeration.

Before K'nahli had realised it, K'zhumi had already returned to tending the hidden cut across her forehead, noting that there was far less room for evading eye contact now that the healer had naturally moved much closer to her. She blinked a couple of times idly as her eyes silently sought a non-existant refuge anywhere about her.
Perhaps... she should try to make a little conversation, she thought. She didn't want to refute the woman's kindness after all.

Hardly a moment had passed by since that thought when something had caught the girl's attention.

"....?"

Now that the pair had been forced into rather close proximity, K'nahli noticed a familiar scent emanating from the healer. Though it did all but make her flinch with hesitation, the girl sought to make use of it. It wasn't as though she had anything else to really talk about. Small talk was not exactly her strong point, after all.

"Were you checking up on my father just now? I had assumed that he was back to full health... more or less..."
she inquired naively with a forced, neutral tone - choosing to ask as she moved to avoid direct eye contact once again.

K'zhumi, pauses in her stitching to look at K'nahli, struggling to keep her face straight and the blush off her cheeks. "I did visit the Nuhn's tent not long ago. I wanted to be sure he was fully healed. That was a nasty wound." Hoping the huntress would drop the matter, K'zhumi goes back to attending the cut.

"Oh..." K'nahli replied simply, noting the woman's off subtleties but thinking little of them.

"Then... he is alright?" she followed up in an effort to say at least a little more, though also as part of her genuine concern.

K'zhumi pauses once more a smile curving her lips,"The wounds have healed very well, some of the muscles still need stretching and strengthening, but everything is in working order." she smirks to herself as she goes back to work on that cut.