Hydaelyn Role-Players
In the Shadows of Death's Wings - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: In the Shadows of Death's Wings (/showthread.php?tid=8167)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: In the Shadows of Death's Wings - Aldotsk - 09-10-2014

I will be there! As long as I know what time it is ><:;

RE: In the Shadows of Death's Wings - LiadansWhisper - 09-10-2014

(09-10-2014, 02:40 PM)Melkire Wrote: Won't be able to attend this weekend in any capacity, as I'm out of town.

...IC justification for Rotunda's abscene: scheming. Scheeeeeemiiiiiiiiiing. Cool

It's just not the same without Rotunda being skeeevy and Oubliette molestering Atrium.  Sad

RE: In the Shadows of Death's Wings - Ragnar - 09-10-2014

(09-10-2014, 03:55 PM)LiadansWhisper Wrote:
(09-10-2014, 02:40 PM)Melkire Wrote: Won't be able to attend this weekend in any capacity, as I'm out of town.

...IC justification for Rotunda's abscene: scheming. Scheeeeeemiiiiiiiiiing. Cool

It's just not the same without Rotunda being skeeevy and Oubliette molestering Atrium.  Sad

Don't worry Lia, Oubliette will be there.

RE: In the Shadows of Death's Wings - Askier - 09-12-2014

Hey all! 

Sorry haven't been posting as much on this topic. Been getting overwhelemed with work past two weeks and studying as well.

Okay tommorow is big day and at this time WE NEED BADDIES! . . . Like always lol. If you would like to participate tommorow as a cultist or zombie npc feel free to do so. Smile

Plan is this:

Heroes will meet up outside the thaumaturge's guild by the fountain

All baddies will meet inside thaumaturge's guild.

The time to meet? I'd like everyone with their teams by 9 pm CST.  From there I'll give the go ahead and we shall move teams forward. Heroes confront baddies, rp dialogue happens and then the fighting starts.

For combat we will be making parties and all com ate will occurred in your party chat. This way we don't gum up the /say chat and you can focus on your specific fight. I'll paste combat rules from my last event tonight when home after my.shift.

Is very likely heroes will out number baddies so no more than 3 heroes to everyone baddy. If we have more heroes than baddies to make that ratio work. . . Well let's get some zombie npcs and no worries!  After fighting event will be over. Please note, at anytime baddies can up and flee if they feel they must cause they are losing but they have an IC ability to do so.

Anyhow I hope everyone has lots of fun tommorow and if you have questions post away. Smile

RE: In the Shadows of Death's Wings - Coatleque - 09-12-2014

Coatleque hasn't been much involved in this yet, and she's been ordered IC to Limsa now, so that's one less hero you potentially have to deal with!

RE: In the Shadows of Death's Wings - Jana - 09-12-2014

Jana hasn't really been introduced IC to the new crop of heroes, but I'll be around to send her zombie smashing tomorrow!

RE: In the Shadows of Death's Wings - Melkire - 09-12-2014

(09-12-2014, 04:45 PM)Jana Wrote: Jana hasn't really been introduced IC to the new crop of heroes, but I'll be around to send her zombie smashing tomorrow!

Kahn'a should still be around. Wink

EDIT: By which I mean he can surely point Jana in the right direction to meet the "new" crop of heroes.

RE: In the Shadows of Death's Wings - Ragnar - 09-12-2014

I believe Kahn'a is gone for the day, so you might need to catch him tomorrow before the event.

RE: In the Shadows of Death's Wings - Melkire - 09-12-2014

(09-12-2014, 05:33 PM)Ragnar Wrote: I believe Kahn'a is gone for the day, so you might need to catch him tomorrow before the event.

Well, shit. Did not know that.

*glances around mischievously*

*throws Jana towards Kage*

RE: In the Shadows of Death's Wings - Jana - 09-12-2014

Ahaha, I don't know Kage either. I'll be around if anyone wants to do anything tonight/tomorrow though.

RE: In the Shadows of Death's Wings - Askier - 09-13-2014

I forgot to do this last night. Work kicking my but this week. Can anyone post the combat rules from.my.last event to this one please? Pretty please? So people can see them. Pweeeze? :3

RE: In the Shadows of Death's Wings - Jancis - 09-13-2014

(07-01-2014, 01:32 PM)Askier Wrote: ((The Rules and set up))

1)  IC knowledge does not equal OOC knowledge.  For this role-play it is imperative that you don't use OOC information.  I know this will be a problem though since oyu are all awesome rpers. 

2) Please note that no character may be harmed or killed without their player’s consent (OOC)  Does not mean you can’t attack them and miss all day lol 

3) Combat:  There will be fighting in this.  Rules are below.

4) Have fun! 

Combat:  to make combat a smooth action and to remove level gaps from the equation, we will be rping combat.  However, to keep things from getting bogged down, we will be using the following rules.

1)  Combat will take place as a back-and-forth.  One side will go, making their attack (or attacks, if multiple attackers) first.  To see if your attack hits, we will be using rollz.org for combat. Combat will be based on dice rolls with Attacker and defender trying to role higher than the other, in the event of a tie, it is a draw.  When attacking,  you will post how you want to attack and roll the dice, adding the dice roll to the post:  Ex:

-Tom rolls his dice and then posts in game : Adin draws his sword and lunges forward, trying to impale his foe with the pointy end.  (( rolled 4))

It's important that your post says what you're trying to do, not that you hit, because the defender will roll and then post what happens.  Ex:

- Ali rolls her dice and gets a five.  Since the result is higher,she takes no damage.  Ali posts: Meera steps to the side and avoids the attack, grinning. ((Rolled 5))

Now that Tom's attack is resolved, it is Ali's turn to attack.  In the likely situation of multiple attackers on one person, all players on one side attack first, each going in order from left to right making an attack and letting the defender defend. Ex:

-Tom keeps missing so Fred joins in.  Tom is on left so he goesfirst - Adin attacks ((Rolls 3))

- Ali rolls and posts "Meera dodge." ((5))

- Fred rolls and posts - Torin attacks with an axeswing.  ((6))

-  Ali rolls and scowls as she posts  -  "Aliis struck with a glancing blow on the shoulder and blood rushes out.  ((rolled 3))

Now it's Ali's turn to attack but she can only attack one so she must becareful.

But what happens when you are hit?  You lose a hit point!  All characters have 3 hp (this is subject to change based on player numbers on either side.)

Once you have 0 hp, you are knocked out, or forced to flee, player's choice.

Healing classes can, instead of attacking, heal a wound on someone.  Note, can only do this once every three rounds to prevent over healing.

2) No one player may be engaged in combat with more than 3 opponents simultaneously.  To indicate you are in combat with someone, walk up to them and unsheathe your weapon.  Once a player has 3 people standing in front of them, no other player may enter the fray until a player is beaten.  An example of said formation is below with "O"representing one side and "X" the other

O  O  O
    X

3) But what if a friend is in trouble against three people?  You may run over and engage one of the enemies one on one by walking over and standing in front of them with your weapon unsheathed.  Whisper them you are engaging them and both you and the person you've engaged move a few feet away to show your ally is only engaged with 2 people now.  Visual example below.

O  O  O = O  O  O =  O  O      O
    X     =     X  X  =       X      X

4) IMPORTANT:  During combat, your emotes should be no more than a few sentences long.  This is to keep combat flowing quickly and from jumbling up the chat window with long posts.

RE: In the Shadows of Death's Wings - Meta Xi - 09-13-2014

In the same boat as Jana. Should be able to figure something out, and I'll keep an eye open for anyone before the event starts.

RE: In the Shadows of Death's Wings - Jana - 09-13-2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qrzs3o9IUGQ

Okay, not quite, but Jana is still in the dark. I'll be hanging around in a little bit, when I finish my cooking for the day.

RE: In the Shadows of Death's Wings - Askier - 09-13-2014

So um gonna be late to own event. Work insane. Alexie/ oibliette will be organizing baddies so if you wish to join that side please seek him out. Will still be starting at 9. I'm terribly sorry for any confussion this creates. -.- will be on when I can be.