Hydaelyn Role-Players
Ayushiridara Khatagin - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Player Directory (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Ayushiridara Khatagin (/showthread.php?tid=8193)

Ayushiridara Khatagin - industrythirteen - 09-05-2014

I. Basic Info 
  • Characters: Ayushiridara Khatagin
  • Primary character: Ayushiridara Khatagin (WIP)
  • Linkshells: Scales of Othard, Remnant OOC, Remnant IC
  • Primary RP linkshell: Remnant OOC

II. RP Style 
  • Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):
  • Completely situational. I can't be in-character at all times, but if I see RP and it's reasonable for me to engage, I will. Medium. Please send me a tell first in case I miss your emotes. I'm sorry!

• Views on RP combat and injuries:
  • My rule is that I always contact the player OOCly first before any physical altercation or potential conflict in roleplay. I want to discuss what story the other players want to tell, and how that encounter can enhance our RP. The worst thing is an RPer on the defensive, and I despise posturing and chest-beating. It's no longer fun at that point for anyone, namely me. I don't see a point in anyone throwing weight around as it doesn't do anything to foster community or drive story. I prefer to use the game's stated mechanics, but I'm flexible given limitations of the system: This isn't tabletop pen and paper with five friends sitting around with their tailor-made RP scenario. My level of trust in an individual has a lot to do with how I'll approach a combat or physical dispute with a player's character. TL;DR: Talk to me. Communication is king. 

• Views on IC romance:
  • PLEASE Do not send me tells solely for ERP. Do not approach me if the only intent it to ERP. Do not bait me into conversation to attempt to twist my arm into ERP. Lines and negging do not work on me. 
  • I can take it or leave it. Romance is just fluff. I'm not keen on tying down my characters to any one person, so if someone is interested in a sexual relationship with my character, they'll need to understand that I don't do exclusivity at any level. I reserve ERP only for those players with which I am comfortable. Everything else is Fade-To-Black. 

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):
  • It's cool. I'm not super family-oriented out of game, so to me I have little desire to RP familial relationships. 

• Views on lore:
  • Ideally, I stick to the established lore. When game lore is a block of swiss cheese, I can understand the need to mentally fill in the gaps. I detest fanon on just about every level as not everyone will agree on everything, and I don't think non-canon should ever be forced on anyone. I try to keep it fairly mundane. I am generally agitated with developer lore leads and teams that keep 80% of the lore in their heads and then expect players to just deal with it. (I'm looking at you, WildStar.)  

• Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):
  • They're great. Use appropriately. I put my dialogue in say in quotation marks, separated from my emote linecode. 

III. Other Info 
  • Timezone: CST (GMT -6)
  • Contact info: PM or IM me. 
~Special announcements can be found in the posts below~