Hydaelyn Role-Players
Quirks About Your Character(s) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Character Workshop (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Thread: Quirks About Your Character(s) (/showthread.php?tid=8270)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Quirks About Your Character(s) - Madda - 09-13-2014

Let's share some neat things about our characters that they do in their day-to-day like in....Where are we again?

Fated Sky
- Fated as a preference for men with bulging muscles that is almost counts as a borderline fetish. When coming across a man with an admirable set of pecs, the female will find herself in awe, unable to resist tracing her hand along them and rubbing them.
- Fated also seems to have an affinity for collecting stuffed animals of all shapes and sizes. She keeps this very secret, and will usually hug one if its within her grasp.

Sanche Cartwright
- Sanche was born with a severe stutter, and prefers to stay silent for most of her time. While she tries to stay social, she will not talk unless necessary.

RE: Quirks About Your Character(s) - Verad - 09-13-2014

It would honestly be faster to post the parts of Verad that aren't quirky, but:

-As is well-known by a number of people by now, he makes a specific point of ordering the worst drink a bar can serve to him before he drinks anything else. Not only does this make his next drink taste much better by comparison, but it gives him a sense of the bartender's personality based on what they consider the worst drink in the building.

-He is a surprisingly decent sketch artist; the self-portraits that he used as placeholders when he used to sell lockets are all done by his own hand.

-He actually doesn't like Cactuars all that much - they're creepy and they move weird and they never talk - but his Cactuar-related ventures have moved so much product that he feels compelled to keep relying on them.

RE: Quirks About Your Character(s) - Parvacake - 09-13-2014

I'm going to stick with my main, Lilithium Altair, since I play her more often then not!

-She has her neck covered more often then not, even if it's just with a collar accessory or high collar shirt. The reason for this is because of a rather absurd sensitivity she has there and how it makes her feel vulnerable to have it exposed, almost like an animal.

-For someone so soft spoken and kind and polite, she has very scratchy penmanship. The Queen of Chickenscratch!

-Like above, for someone so sweet she certainly has a lot of...hardcore piercings. 90 percent of which are in places one cannot see.

RE: Quirks About Your Character(s) - Val - 09-13-2014

Val Nunh
  • Val speaks with a slight slur, as most people know. This is because he grew up as a tribal Miqo'te and spoke their own language without having a lot of outside influence. His travels eventually took him to Gridania and, from there, he stowed aboard an airship to Limsa. He picked up bits and pieces of dialogue from Gridania and, knowing at least to communicate via basic language, fell in with a gang of thieves/cutthroats/whatever in Limsa. That's more or less where everything fell in. He picked up their way of speech and it ended up slurring together with his own lack of knowledge to create Valspeech.
  • He doesn't do metaphors. I assure you that I've done this looong before Guardians, and it's usually caused some very interesting and humorous RP.
  • He can't count or write very well. He's in the process of learning, but he's purposely halting ever fully learning. Why? Because he likes seeing Faye laugh and smile when she tries to read the notes he secretly sends to her, and doesn't want to lose that connection between them. You'd also have to kill him to ever get him to admit any of that.
  • When he's nervous, he rubs the back of his head.
  • Sometimes he really knows what he's talking about when he acts dumb. He just likes to antagonize people, and it's the only way he can keep doing so without Faye catching on and reprimanding him for it. He's smarter than he looks!

RE: Quirks About Your Character(s) - E'irawen - 09-13-2014

K'aworu Demiir -
  • He prefers flat, hard surfaces to sleep on and really, really dislikes mattresses.
  • He also likes to hide in cupboards.
  • He is allergic (though not lethally) to chocolate.
  • He also has a severe weakness for well built builds and is distracted very, very easily by them.

Ophelia de Winter -
  • She's terrified of heights, regardless of what she says.
  • "English" (Eorzean, whatever) is not her first language and sometimes she has issues putting together the proper words that she means.
  • She speaks with a fairly heavy Scottish accent.
  • She uses dancing as a form of combat and one time it lead to her punting a small tonberry like a football.

RE: Quirks About Your Character(s) - Lan Darklyn - 09-13-2014

Lan has a fair number of quirks, but I'll keep the list down to the ones that people are most likely to notice.
  • Lan will often chew on his bottom lip when deep in thought, and if the thought is particularly worrisome his right ear will twitch.
  • Lan very, very rarely goes into public without being fully clothed, getting him to go to the beach is like pulling teeth. That being said, in private he usually wears only, trousers or shorts. If he is working out and thinks so one is looking he might remove his shirt.
  • Whiskey is something considers a bane to his existence. Whiskey changes his behavior and has lead to a few moments in his past that were quite emberassing so he avoid the stuff like the plague.
Kylar's major quirks are:
  • He will go unclothed or at least shirtless if at all possible. This goes against most people's image of him as just being a nerdy researcher.  That being said, he knows poper attire is needed.
  • Kylar loves to drink, and he will drink anything from the nastiest, rust removing moonshine, to the most expensive of aged fine wines. He has been known to drink in excess.
  • When observing people, sometimes Kylar will see them as subjects to research and speak of them as such.

RE: Quirks About Your Character(s) - Ciel - 09-13-2014

Ciel's quirks:

*She likes to go outside and sing while facing the rising and setting sun.  That is providing the weather is clear, and she's awake when the sun comes up.

*It seems to rain frequently wherever she goes, and some of her comrades have taken to teasing her for driving it away at a whim.  This is purely coincidental and not something she is actually capable of doing.

*She hides emotional hurt and disappointment with humor, most of the time.  Often this comes in the form of viscious teasing for whoever she feels has let her down.  Any other outward expression related to this is kept until she moves behind closed doors.

*HATS!  And I blame Rock Shattermountain for this, since he gave me the idea.  Ciel collects fancy hats and loves matching them to a new outfit or dress.

*She can crack fine glass (i.e. wine glasses) with her voice, and may shatter them if she feels so inclined.

RE: Quirks About Your Character(s) - Erik Mynhier - 09-13-2014

Erik never uses contractions in speech or in writing.

RE: Quirks About Your Character(s) - Chika Ito - 09-13-2014

Chika has a lot...

• She hates getting her ears wet. Often when it rains you'll see her flicking her ears back and forth to clear the water off of them.
  • Sailing, and boats she cannot stand. Chika gets horrid sea sickness.
  • ADORES wearing her Choral Chapeau. It is her beloved hat, and she is almost seen with it on when out in public.
  • Despite having money, generated by her business 'Sew Beautiful', she doesn't buy butcher meat. Instead she always goes out and hunts for her lover, and their kids.
  • A majority of her back is covered in whip lash scars. Healed over with time, but are no longer fading.
  • Chika can draw fairly well actually. Sketching is one of her talents. She was taught how to by the weavers in Ul'dah, for tailoring purposes of course. But has since branched outward in drawing. She has even done a nude of her lover.
  • While she can read, she cannot read large descriptive words. So you'll hardly ever catch a book in her hands that doesn't have weaving patterns in it. Her lover is actually teaching her how to read more.
  • Being a mother of four children she's learned to have a lot of patience....with kids. Her tolerance for the ignorance, and immaturity, of some full grown adults annoys the piss out of her to no end.
  • Has an incredibly short temper with adults.
  • Cannot use her Aether due to the choker around her neck. 

She has many more, and I could spend all day doing this, but I won't ^^

RE: Quirks About Your Character(s) - TheLastCandle - 09-13-2014

Oh, why not. A few things you may not know about Yve, even if you think you know him:

Yvelont Navarre

* Having spent several years outside of Ishgard, he has grown accustomed to the speech patterns of Gridanians and makes an effort to hide his accent. In the presence of certain individuals (or when under duress) the facade slips and his manner of speaking changes to what some have called "flowery" language. (See: any number of Ishgardian NPCs.)

* Often spends days at a time in the untamed areas of the Black Shroud. Though not unwashed when he can help it, he is often unshaven and his clothes have the appearance of having been mended by hand countless times.

* While certainly not a bard by any stretch, he is a fairly talented lutenist - a gift he is slow to share with others.

* Although outwardly calm in the most dire of circumstances, the reality is that Yvelont is headstrong and ruled by his emotions. Left unchecked, he will throw himself without thought into danger for the sake of a loved one or a trusted comrade.

RE: Quirks About Your Character(s) - CrookedTarot - 09-13-2014

Tarot has a lot of quirks--the question is which ones are real and which ones are practiced?

• Always has a way of turning the conversation back towards money.
  • Talks to himself occasionally as if there was another person there.
  • HATES Coblyns. All those legs and their static electricity pisses him off.
  • Is a pack-rat that picks up anything he finds interesting or that may turn a profit (but more often than not the former).

RE: Quirks About Your Character(s) - TheLastCandle - 09-13-2014

(09-13-2014, 12:13 PM)CrookedTarot Wrote:

Doesn't it everyone. -grimace-

RE: Quirks About Your Character(s) - SayonaraRevival - 09-13-2014

will I remember these for very long? I hope so. sometimes I forget about my own characters' details/quirks D:

❧ Asten tends to refer to herself as 'this one' sometimes, though other times using 'me/myself/I' instead. Gee, I wonder where she picked up this habit?

❧ She was taught to read on the same few books, plus her mentor's handwriting, so while she is mostly literate, she might not have accurate spelling on those long words.

❧ What is personal space? Asten doesn't know the answer to that one. Most of the time, she doesn't have any reason to get that close, but at the same time, most others don't give her any reason to, either.

❧ Tends to prefer to take small naps throughout the day if she has to be up before late afternoon. Daylight tires her out easily, as a Keeper. Thus, if she is in a town at daytime, she usually takes at least one nap somewhere (whether in an inn, on a ledge, or otherwise outside.)

❧ Was taught not to discriminate in using healing conjury; she may revere the elementals just like anyone else, but it doesn't stop her from healing those that the elementals haven't approved to live in the Shroud -- or even asking. This also leads to that she would be likely to heal anyone who is wounded, even Garleans (although if they have their fancy armor suits on, it's a little hard to help them.) *

❧ Like her mentor, Asten is honest to a fault, not hesitating to spout her opinion on something, even though the majority of those she speaks with don't even want her opinion.

* It's worth noting that someone who is obviously Garlean, or has mentioned being Garlean, would still be watched carefully. She does hold a much smaller amount of bias against them due to being raised outside of public influence for the most part -- but wouldn't know who is who in their society, so she would judge them based on their outward actions.

RE: Quirks About Your Character(s) - Lady Rivienne - 09-13-2014

What a fun little thread --!
  • Rivienne always speaks eloquently, no matter what situation she is placed in. She tends to be verbose, at times, speaking in a poetic prose reminiscent of olden days.
  • She has little qualms in broaching another's personal space, as far as touching them to having ilms separating their faces. However, such does not go both ways.
  • Her love for combat knows little limits, at times she relishes the potential danger before her and throws caution to the wind. The adrenaline rush is her fuel.

RE: Quirks About Your Character(s) - CrookedTarot - 09-13-2014

(09-13-2014, 12:18 PM)TheLastCandle Wrote:
(09-13-2014, 12:13 PM)CrookedTarot Wrote:

Doesn't it everyone. -grimace-

UGH! It's true! Tarot wears all kinds of light clothing and fabrics that easily attract static and his various baubles and jewelry pieces don't help! Dazed