Hydaelyn Role-Players
Personal housing: Rp organizingness? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Personal housing: Rp organizingness? (/showthread.php?tid=8291)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Personal housing: Rp organizingness? - CalebAgron - 09-16-2014

Yea I'm done. Already cancelled my subscription, this was the largest slap in the face ever. Time to try out other games.

RE: Personal housing: Rp organizingness? - Parvacake - 09-16-2014

(09-16-2014, 01:09 AM)CalebAgron Wrote: Yea I'm done. Already cancelled my subscription, this was the largest slap in the face ever. Time to try out other games.
ArcheAge, Guild Wars 2, Wild Star, EQ2, TERA...Find one that suits your fancy and take it.

RE: Personal housing: Rp organizingness? - LiadansWhisper - 09-16-2014

HEY GUYS REMEMBER THIS?

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/127656-An-Open-Letter-to-Yoshida-san-Please-Slice-One-Zero-Off-the-Housing-Prices?p=1685344&viewfull=1#post1685344

"Personal housing will be far more affordable than free company housing."

"While I cannot give a specific date on when personal housing will be implemented, I can say that prices will be completely separate from free company housing, and, naturally, far more affordable."

LOLOLOLOL.

Cry

RE: Personal housing: Rp organizingness? - Roda - 09-16-2014

(09-16-2014, 01:16 AM)LiadansWhisper Wrote: HEY GUYS REMEMBER THIS?

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/127656-An-Open-Letter-to-Yoshida-san-Please-Slice-One-Zero-Off-the-Housing-Prices?p=1685344&viewfull=1#post1685344

"Personal housing will be far more affordable than free company housing."

"While I cannot give a specific date on when personal housing will be implemented, I can say that prices will be completely separate from free company housing, and, naturally, far more affordable."

LOLOLOLOL.

Cry
I'm gonna go ahead and call it right here.
"Well, you'll have to adjust for inflation, and...."

RE: Personal housing: Rp organizingness? - Roswyn - 09-16-2014

I'm not particularly surprised nor disappointed. The 800k carrot on a stick was a dick move but eh.

I find a lot of folk open up their company houses for rp to begin with. A lot if them will have an open bar, serve as in inn, entertainment hall etc. Utilizing what is already there isn't a bad way to go and the people who put the money up to build it would likely be grateful. Big Grin

(09-16-2014, 01:25 AM)Roswyn Wrote: I'm not particularly surprised nor disappointed. The 800k carrot on a stick was a dick move but eh.

I find a lot of folk open up their company houses for rp to begin with. A lot if them will have an open bar, serve as in inn, entertainment hall etc. Utilizing what is already there isn't a bad way to go and the people who put the money up to build it would likely be grateful. Big Grin

If it was just about RP, it wouldn't be an issue.  That they have locked certain things behind housing is the issue.  I'll never be able to - for myself - experiment with gardening, etc, because I won't have access to it because I don't have my own house.  I can garden for my FC, but that is not the same.

RE: Personal housing: Rp organizingness? - CalebAgron - 09-16-2014

(09-16-2014, 01:14 AM)Lilithium Wrote:
(09-16-2014, 01:09 AM)CalebAgron Wrote: Yea I'm done. Already cancelled my subscription, this was the largest slap in the face ever. Time to try out other games.
ArcheAge, Guild Wars 2, Wild Star, EQ2, TERA...Find one that suits your fancy and take it.
Activated my WoW account again. Might try out Archeage once its released. Also now that my server is doing halfway decent in GW2 WvW that will also take up some of my time.

(09-16-2014, 02:43 AM)CalebAgron Wrote:
(09-16-2014, 01:14 AM)Lilithium Wrote:
Activated my WoW account again. Might try out Archeage once its released. Also now that my server is doing halfway decent in GW2 WvW that will also take up some of my time.

What WoW server are you on?

RE: Personal housing: Rp organizingness? - Titor - 09-16-2014

I am so sad.
Like really sad.

:<

RE: Personal housing: Rp organizingness? - Maril - 09-16-2014

Aiming for ward 8 or which ever ward will be the last on the list. Going for a cheap plot so I can move houses come 2.4, to a ward with more rpers in it. And maybe save up for a bigger one meanwhile >.>

That is, if I get one.

(09-16-2014, 03:31 AM)Sastra Wrote: Aiming for ward 8 or which ever ward will be the last on the list. Going for a cheap plot so I can move houses come 2.4, to a ward with more rpers in it. And maybe save up for a bigger one meanwhile >.>

That is, if I get one.

Your best chance - if you have the money on hand - is to log in as soon as the servers come up.

RE: Personal housing: Rp organizingness? - Maril - 09-16-2014

(09-16-2014, 03:33 AM)LiadansWhisper Wrote:
(09-16-2014, 03:31 AM)Sastra Wrote: Aiming for ward 8 or which ever ward will be the last on the list. Going for a cheap plot so I can move houses come 2.4, to a ward with more rpers in it. And maybe save up for a bigger one meanwhile >.>

That is, if I get one.

Your best chance - if you have the money on hand - is to log in as soon as the servers come up.

Yeah I am, fortunately I have the timezones on my side and it's 11am here for server uptime. And I have the gil for any of the small plots.

RE: Personal housing: Rp organizingness? - Berrod Armstrong - 09-16-2014

The housing thing makes me /eyebrowraise, but I'm hoping the blowback they got from it will make them re-evaluate any decisions they may make about withholding info/being dishonest in the future.

That being said, I'm pretty much happy with everything -else-, so I'm gonna have Berrod stick to his nifty little room!

Interestingly, the Japanese players seem to be petitioning that the "personal housing" system be removed even if it delays the patch maintenance.  They apparently feel it's unfair to FCs, at least from what I could get from the posts.

RE: Personal housing: Rp organizingness? - K'nahli - 09-16-2014

In the shroud, hopefully neighbouring a friend with my secondary character. 

Also, while this was disappointing to many people, I do not really understand how is worth quitting the game over. If this little aspect was all that tied you here then I am not entirely sure what you are expecting better of other games.

(Also no-one ever said that it was going to be anywhere near 800k that I recall).