Hydaelyn Role-Players
Patch 2.38 Release Notes - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Patch 2.38 Release Notes (/showthread.php?tid=8302)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Patch 2.38 Release Notes - Tiergan - 09-16-2014

Honestly, I would have rather they just said they couldn't implement it due to lack of server resources and would chalk it up to something they would try to get done when they had what they needed to get it right.

RE: Patch 2.38 Release Notes - Kyatai - 09-16-2014

Chi, your ignorance is showing.
Oh, sorry... but....

What is the difference in a First class house and a fifth class? Is it location or some change in size/model? And how do you know what class your house is?

Meanwhile, am also very, very disappointed in the lack of "personal housing". My FC doesnt' have a house yet, so no room... no garden... no pretty rainbow Chocobo. But was hoping I could get one of my own, then give the rest of the gil to the guild to help with FC house...
But day-am.
Dem prices, yo?
I'm not rich... I'm not poor, but I'm not rolling in gil.
I am, however, sad.

Guess I'll be hoping the Auction doesn't crash since everyone will be trying to make money and jacking up prices... while saving money and not buying. LOL

RE: Patch 2.38 Release Notes - K'nahli - 09-16-2014

Whatever new system they may choose, I just hope I can make enough money to be a friend's neighbour and harass them on a regular basis and try to outdo them garden-wise(in a comical sense ww   Though I doubt I can hold myself away from really trying to have a nice garden in the end).

RE: Patch 2.38 Release Notes - LiadansWhisper - 09-16-2014

(09-16-2014, 04:21 AM)Tiergan Wrote: Honestly, I would have rather they just said they couldn't implement it due to lack of server resources and would chalk it up to something they would try to get done when they had what they needed to get it right.

Yep.  I would have rather they kept people informed and simply said, "We can't get it into this patch" or "we can't implement it like we were planning, because of x,y, and z, but we will be working towards this for the expansion" or something like that.

(09-16-2014, 04:22 AM)Kyatai Wrote: What is the difference in a First class house and a fifth class? Is it location or some change in size/model? And how do you know what class your house is?

It's fairly arbitrary, but in theory it has to do with the location and views the individual plots have.  In practice, sometimes what the devs ranked as "more expensive" has worse views than the lower priced plots.  It depends.

RE: Patch 2.38 Release Notes - Kyatai - 09-16-2014

(09-16-2014, 04:27 AM)LiadansWhisper Wrote:
(09-16-2014, 04:22 AM)Kyatai Wrote: What is the difference in a First class house and a fifth class? Is it location or some change in size/model? And how do you know what class your house is?

It's fairly arbitrary, but in theory it has to do with the location and views the individual plots have.  In practice, sometimes what the devs ranked as "more expensive" has worse views than the lower priced plots.  It depends.

Ah ok thanks Big Grin

The Japanese Housing forums are very interesting at the moment.

(09-16-2014, 04:34 AM)LiadansWhisper Wrote: The Japanese Housing forums are very interesting at the moment.

May I have a link, please?

(09-16-2014, 04:42 AM)K Wrote:
(09-16-2014, 04:34 AM)LiadansWhisper Wrote: The Japanese Housing forums are very interesting at the moment.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/forums/1018-%E3%83%8F%E3%82%A6%E3%82%B8%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B0  is the main Housing forum.

I'ma test that link and if it doesn't work, try a tinyurl since it doesn't appear okay with the Japanese characters.

Edit: yay it works. The thread in question is something like 33 pages long. I'm only getting bits and pieces, but I found it interesting that they appear to be asking that the personal housing be removed before the patch goes live, even if it means delaying the patch.

Thanks, Liadan.

RE: Patch 2.38 Release Notes - Berrod Armstrong - 09-16-2014

Wow, that's -- something else lol.

RE: Patch 2.38 Release Notes - Foxling - 09-16-2014

Personally don't care about the housing, although I can understand why people are upset about it. For the most part.

Those Syrcus Tower changes though. Loving those.

But before this gets bogged down in more housing complaints, I must add that the /hug emote isn't quite what I had hoped for by the looks of it ;w;   It doesn't look much more than a HIGHLY platonic one that you could give any random acquaintance. I don't think I can really see it as a hug which siblings or parent and offspring would exchange, sadly.

I hope I have spoken too soon though!

RE: Patch 2.38 Release Notes - Titor - 09-16-2014

(09-16-2014, 04:44 AM)LiadansWhisper Wrote:
(09-16-2014, 04:42 AM)K Wrote:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/forums/1018-%E3%83%8F%E3%82%A6%E3%82%B8%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B0  is the main Housing forum.

I'ma test that link and if it doesn't work, try a tinyurl since it doesn't appear okay with the Japanese characters.

Edit: yay it works.  The thread in question is something like 33 pages long.  I'm only getting bits and pieces, but I found it interesting that they appear to be asking that the personal housing be removed before the patch goes live, even if it means delaying the patch.

You know you dun messed up when you upset the JP player base

RE: Patch 2.38 Release Notes - Berrod Armstrong - 09-16-2014

I was super excited about the weapon posing then I realized Berrod doesn't carry weapons, ROFL. I'm liking the stuff they added though! Yay slap emotes! Yay chocobo in residential districts! Yay oils and sands of time drops! Yay nexus!