Hydaelyn Role-Players
Patch 2.38 Release Notes - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Patch 2.38 Release Notes (/showthread.php?tid=8302)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Patch 2.38 Release Notes - K'nahli - 09-16-2014

(09-16-2014, 05:18 AM)Foxling Wrote: Personally don't care about the housing, although I can understand why people are upset about it. For the most part.

Those Syrcus Tower changes though. Loving those.

To save me reading it again, may I ask what changes? I only read that they are changing the BGM somehow.

Also, I must be the only person who doesn't really care about the slap emote since we essentially had that already with /throw, but I'll happily check it out nonetheless and await for the first time I come back and find some random lalafel attacking my shins.

RE: Patch 2.38 Release Notes - Foxling - 09-16-2014

(09-16-2014, 05:56 AM)K Wrote:
(09-16-2014, 05:18 AM)Foxling Wrote: Personally don't care about the housing, although I can understand why people are upset about it. For the most part.

To save me reading it again, may I ask what changes? I only read that they are changing the BGM somehow.

Also, I must be the only person who doesn't really care about the slap emote since we essentially had that already with /throw, but I'll happily check it out nonetheless and await for the first time I come back and find some random lalafel attacking my shins.

Pharos Sirius is the one with the BGM change. Which hopefully means that the little choir sort of song at the very beginning will play the whole way through now.

Syrcus Tower is getting guaranteed drops of Unidentified Allagan Tomestones/Oil of time from Amon and Xande. As well as Sands of Time from Xande.

RE: Patch 2.38 Release Notes - CrowbarHero - 09-16-2014

It's really deflating. I'm actually struggling to actually want to keep playing. Seeing my friend heartbroken because she can't get her wife a house really hit the feels.

RE: Patch 2.38 Release Notes - Xiaoli Vorgan - 09-16-2014

(09-16-2014, 05:19 AM)K Wrote: But before this gets bogged down in more housing complaints, I must add that the /hug emote isn't quite what I had hoped for by the looks of it ;w;   It doesn't look much more than a HIGHLY platonic one that you could give any random acquaintance. I don't think I can really see it as a hug which siblings or parent and offspring would exchange, sadly.

I hope I have spoken too soon though!

I didn't put too much stock into the emotes they were saying they would put in due to the fact they wouldn't even give a proper sleep emote, nor let us use it anywhere other than in the house. I'm betting hug will be like pet where you've got to spend time positioning for it to even look right. I'm glad they put it in though, just not excited about it.

I am glad about the new UI changes that make things a little faster and easier to access. Also, I'm cheesin' a bit that they named the upgrade of Novus to Nexus since that's our company name. *does raise the roof emote*Laugh Also, its nice that you can ride your chocobo in neighborhoods now, I always hit the button for it and go "Doh".

(09-16-2014, 06:20 AM)Foxling Wrote:
(09-16-2014, 05:56 AM)K Wrote:

Pharos Sirius is the one with the BGM change. Which hopefully means that the little choir sort of song at the very beginning will play the whole way through now.

Syrcus Tower is getting guaranteed drops of Unidentified Allagan Tomestones/Oil of time from Amon and Xande. As well as Sands of Time from Xande.

Ohh, I'm sorry! I read Pharos but interpreted that as Syrcus for some reason, haha. Thank you very much for your reply.

(09-16-2014, 06:21 AM)CrowbarHero Wrote: It's really deflating. I'm actually struggling to actually want to keep playing. Seeing my friend heartbroken because she can't get her wife a house really hit the feels.

Ahhh, I'm sorry to hear ;;   Why is it that she cannot get a house though? Because she wants it in a private, residential zone only or because of the prices?

(09-16-2014, 06:22 AM)Xiaoli Vorgan Wrote:
(09-16-2014, 05:19 AM)K Wrote: But before this gets bogged down in more housing complaints, I must add that the /hug emote isn't quite what I had hoped for by the looks of it ;w;   It doesn't look much more than a HIGHLY platonic one that you could give any random acquaintance. I don't think I can really see it as a hug which siblings or parent and offspring would exchange, sadly.

I hope I have spoken too soon though!

I didn't put too much stock into the emotes they were saying they would put in due to the fact they wouldn't even give a proper sleep emote, nor let us use it anywhere other than in the house. I'm betting hug will be like pet where you've got to spend time positioning for it to even look right. I'm glad they put it in though, just not excited about it.

I am glad about the new UI changes that make things a little faster and easier to access. Also, I'm cheesin' a bit that they named the upgrade of Novus to Nexus since that's our company name. *does raise the roof emote*Laugh Also, its nice that you can ride your chocobo in neighborhoods now, I always hit the button for it and go "Doh".

I can tell you now that this is how it does work, unfortunately ;;   I was holding out hope that the hug might at least look pretty good but it doesn't look very affectionate either which is a shame since I really wanted to use it with my character's sister mostly for a warm and mooshy set of screenshots. 

*sigh*

RE: Patch 2.38 Release Notes - Adeya - 09-16-2014

Well that was fast...

Yoshi P response to housing uproar over on the JP forums

Anyone who wants to take a crack at translating it feel free; google translate and Japanese apparently don't mix. Sad

Looks like they're tearing him apart though.

(09-16-2014, 06:48 AM)Adeya Wrote: Well that was fast...

Yoshi P response to housing uproar over on the JP forums

Anyone who wants to take a crack at translating it feel free; google translate and Japanese apparently don't mix. Sad

Looks like they're tearing him apart though.

Ouch... ;   Poor Yoshi.

RE: Patch 2.38 Release Notes - Aldotsk - 09-16-2014

I  guess I'd like to believe that what he wanted to say was:

"What's  the point of having free company house if everyone is going to hang out in their own individual house?"

But I could be wrong because google translate is derping mad hard.

But if  the statement  above is true, I can understand him 100%. Should everyone buy their own house, no one is going to visit FC house at all no matter how big it is.

(09-16-2014, 07:01 AM)K Wrote: Ouch... ;   Poor Yoshi.

Yeah. Gotta say, even though I am disappointed by how this turned out, I don't envy his job right now at all.

All small houses in all wards in every region have been sold according to a friend, with the cheapest house being a medium-sized one priced at.... 30 million ^^ ;

Damn. I thought it would take at least an hour for all the small ones to go. I mean, I believe it, but still... That's impressive.

RE: Patch 2.38 Release Notes - Crisiet - 09-16-2014

(09-16-2014, 07:30 AM)K Wrote: All small houses in all wards in every region have been sold according to a friend, with the cheapest house being a medium-sized one priced at.... 30 million ^^ ;

Yep. I checked. They're gone.

I'm sorry, everyone who was hoping to get one soon.

RE: Patch 2.38 Release Notes - Kellach Woods - 09-16-2014

Wow. That is an implementation cock-up of magnitudes I'd never imagined. Good thing I never even imagined getting a house. It lessens the disappointment.

It's probably even worse because it just means they'll have to add an unimaginable number of plots to please the playerbase.

Still, some good stuff in this patch - more deputy moogle (I still need to finish the 2.3 deputies), implementation of visual cues for the hard of hearing, item comparison, try on being added... well, everywhere.

Gap closing likely still a chore in PvP but I've yet to see a MMO that handled this elegantly.

RE: Patch 2.38 Release Notes - Zaiaku - 09-16-2014

(09-16-2014, 02:39 AM)Nero Wrote: I feel like none of you are focusing on what's truly important in this patch.

Yes, the personal housing is a completely and laughably botched decision and Hanlon's razor is in full effect.

But you can slap people.

You can slap. People.

X GONNA GIVE IT TO YA

Yea and I have a feeling Zai is gonna get excessive amount slaps in the day to come