Hydaelyn Role-Players
Personal Housing Thread 2.0 - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Personal Housing Thread 2.0 (/showthread.php?tid=8307)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Personal Housing Thread 2.0 - Cato - 09-22-2014

'Go and play Archeage' isn't a viable option, especially when the MMO itself is completely different to the style of FFXIV. As others have also outlined player housing isn't some weird desire exclusive to role-players. There's a very high demand for it outside of the role-playing community and that is precisely why many modern MMO's launch with it as a feature right away or one intended to be added at some point in the game's future.

RE: Personal Housing Thread 2.0 - Aldotsk - 09-22-2014

(09-22-2014, 03:28 PM)Kage Wrote: It's not directly quotable but someone mentioned talking to Yoshi-P during TGS. They asked about personal housing and the insinuation or gist of the comments were that housing are achievements of sorts.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/193890-Latest-comment-from-Yoshida-regarding-Housing-Inventory-space-issue?p=2453083&viewfull=1#post2453083

Quote:F: Before 2.4 comes out, you released 2.38… “I canot buy a house!! Lend me some money Yoshida!!”
Y: Sorry about that… There’s a lot of people who think the pricing is too high. At first we made it so they cost roughly the same as free company housing. To people for whom this was a big problem, we are very sorry. People have been asking we we put the FC housing and private housing in the same place. To explain, we didn’t want FC housing to be completely replaced with private housing. We thought if we introduced totally separate (uninstanced) private housing, we would end up with people totally abandoning the FC houses and never interacting with one another. In 2.4 we’ll be doubling the available wards. And moving forward we will continue to increase the number of wards. One more point: A lot of people wanted instanced housing. Since there are limited amounts of instance servers it would be impossible for people to save their personal houses if they were all instanced. (???) If it’s instanced it ends up being something entirely unlike housing. Please wait a bit longer for more options.

Kage, this was from your other link for TGS where I found to be pretty interesting information to at least let fans know that he isn't literally ignoring people but is trying his best. This personal housing thing JUST came out. 

But yeah what that statement said above, I agree with him a lot.

(09-22-2014, 03:34 PM)J Wrote: 'Go and play Archeage' isn't a viable option, especially when the MMO itself is completely different to the style of FFXIV. As others have also outlined player housing isn't some weird desire exclusive to role-players. There's a very high demand for it outside of the role-playing community and that is precisely why many modern MMO's launch with it as a feature right away or one intended to be added at some point in the game's future.

While I agree with you, but the patch -just- came out. It was small and it was gone within 2 hours. But why can't we just be patient for everything? Do you need the housing really that bad right away? This is like iPhone 6 thing too. Do you REALLY need it right away for first day of launch? 

Everything will eventually come up as time passes by, the housing prices will go down and there will be plenty of plots available in the future. It requires patience and time, this is just like 1st phase of personalxFC housing wards. It was estimated to be limited.

Edit: At LEAST he isn't making excuses like saying "We didn't see this coming" like many games out there. (One of them was Archeage NA where they have server issues now) and SimShitty 2013, and D3 etc. His excuse is legit and true enough that it's unavoidable to counter his argument. Too much personal housing can give FC houses gain cobwebs and dusts in the future.

RE: Personal Housing Thread 2.0 - Warren Castille - 09-22-2014

(09-22-2014, 03:39 PM)Aldotsk Wrote: While I agree with you, but the patch -just- came out. It was small and it was gone within 2 hours. But why can't we just be patient for everything? Do you need the housing really that bad right away? This is like iPhone 6 thing too. Do you REALLY need it right away for first day of launch? 

I wanted to agree with you, but I will flat-out murder someone if I'm not playing Smash on Oct3.

Disclaimer: Not really gonna murder anybody. Probably.

(09-22-2014, 03:45 PM)Warren Castille Wrote:
(09-22-2014, 03:39 PM)Aldotsk Wrote: While I agree with you, but the patch -just- came out. It was small and it was gone within 2 hours. But why can't we just be patient for everything? Do you need the housing really that bad right away? This is like iPhone 6 thing too. Do you REALLY need it right away for first day of launch? 

I wanted to agree with you, but I will flat-out murder someone if I'm not playing Smash on Oct3.

Imagine I was the one who took that last copy from you D:

.... Though I won't play Smash until like later time. I have too many games to get and play.

RE: Personal Housing Thread 2.0 - Kage - 09-22-2014

(09-22-2014, 03:45 PM)Warren Castille Wrote:

I wanted to smash things if I didn't get things Day 1 too even though I had no reasonable expectation to play them that day.

Since getting FFXIV I have preordered games much less now. However, if I am not playing Type-0 HD on March 17th I will break something. Maybe.

RE: Personal Housing Thread 2.0 - Kellach Woods - 09-22-2014

and i thought i needed help.

Really though, I just don't like that they locked certain cool game features behind it, and I think spreading these features out to non-housing would probably make housing much more of the status symbol they seek without making it feel necessary.

RE: Personal Housing Thread 2.0 - Berrod Armstrong - 09-22-2014

How do people even play more than one game...?

Anywho, I've accepted the housing situation for what it is. I will work toward getting one in time, whenever that may be. In the meantime I think I'll enjoy everything else the game has to offer.

RE: Personal Housing Thread 2.0 - Warren Castille - 09-22-2014

(09-22-2014, 03:52 PM)Kellach Woods Wrote: and i thought i needed help.

Really though, I just don't like that they locked certain cool game features behind it, and I think spreading these features out to non-housing would probably make housing much more of the status symbol they seek without making it feel necessary.

I'd only agree if the things locked were more than vanity. Chocobo raising is hardly a fast way to level them, colors are strictly vanity, and while there's some gil to be made by gardening...

There'd be no money in gardening if everyone was gardening. I'm on board with the people playing content and saving their money getting a kickback for it.

RE: Personal Housing Thread 2.0 - Clover - 09-22-2014

We'll have to agree to disagree here, as I still don't think Yoshida has lied, and neither do I think that the current house system is bad.

As a side note, Archeage has limited land as well. Also, people can plant their freaking gardens just at the entrance of your house (call it first hand experience). So I'll take FFXIV's house system any day. I'm in love with the neighbourhoods and I love how we get our own space. They just need to add many more wards and I'll be fully happy.

(09-22-2014, 04:09 PM)Clover Wrote: We'll have to agree to disagree here, as I still don't think Yoshida has lied, and neither do I think that the current house system is bad.

As a side note, Archeage has limited land as well. Also, people can plant their freaking gardens just at the entrance of your house (call it first hand experience). So I'll take FFXIV's house system any day. I'm in love with the neighbourhoods and I love how we get our own space. They just need to add many more wards and I'll be fully happy.

Well he -did- say wait for 2.4, so let's all kind of wait and see. But my best bet is he will release 3-4 wards... But I can be wrong.

At this point, I am just taking grain of salt and leave it to his words because he didn't 100% lie like the way people worded it.

RE: Personal Housing Thread 2.0 - ArmachiA - 09-22-2014

A lot of you are harping on cost. I don't really care what the cost is. Yes I get it's supposed to be a big ticket item in the game and accept that (I have my own personal house, Ward 7, Plot 29 in the Goblet if you don't believe me. Cost was never an issue) Cost is fine. It's the promises they made and didn't deliver on that irk me and everyone else.

I certainly don't like the fact they didn't tell us before hand what was going on when they had plenty of time to do so and keep us updated. WHY did they stay strangely hush hush about it? This could have been solved months ago. And it's only been a week, so it's cool that your telling the player base to get over it already. :/.

RE: Personal Housing Thread 2.0 - C'kayah Polaali - 09-22-2014

Everything will eventually come up as time passes by, the housing prices will go down and there will be plenty of plots available in the future. It requires patience and time, this is just like 1st phase of personalxFC housing wards. It was estimated to be limited.
While that sounds very reasonable, the reality isn't that those of us who couldn't get FC or personal houses in this patch merely have to wait a little bit. Some of us have been waiting with gil in hand for quite a while for a FC house, and are now faced with waiting quite a while longer. Grinding out the stuff needed to get it isn't the issue. The fact that once we grind this out we still can't participate is.

RE: Personal Housing Thread 2.0 - Kellach Woods - 09-22-2014

(09-22-2014, 03:58 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: I'd only agree if the things locked were more than vanity. Chocobo raising is hardly a fast way to level them, colors are strictly vanity, and while there's some gil to be made by gardening...

There'd be no money in gardening if everyone was gardening. I'm on board with the people playing content and saving their money getting a kickback for it.
To be fair, having a house is in and of itself, vanity and you still need to work/pay for chocobo raising anyway. Making a grind behind the grind doesn't seem super productive in my opinion.

I don't even know if there's money in gardening because I've never done it and I'll likely never get to do it anyway.

Problem is mostly lack of plots rather than the prohibitive cost, especially since most people will now know that they need that kind of money on hand to participate, which is something that we didn't before. That, according to them, will get remedied in time.

RE: Personal Housing Thread 2.0 - LiadansWhisper - 09-22-2014

(09-22-2014, 03:09 PM)Aldotsk Wrote: Again, it is not something to strangle about. 

If housing or creating castle is such a deal for any terms, Archeage has better option for that. But I played Archeage since Korean open beta and also through this NA version, I don't really like it.

So Yoshida lied. But how long are we going to drag this down and get mad about it? He said he'll double the wards from current ones. Just wait. Also he is right 100% about one thing: why should people have cheaper personal house when it's obvious that people will never go to free company house should everyone can afford large ones and invite their friends to hang out?

And no matter how angry we maybe , there are things that won't change. So ranting a lot about it in this forum especially won't give attention to square Enix. It's a waste of breath. In the end , it just comes down to playing other games, like ArcheAge. Heck, even blade and soul doesn't even have personal room or housing. Or even PSO2 has housing. It has a terrible room customization. 

I feel that paying for small plot for 4-6 m and 30m for medium is perfectly fair in my opinion.

We, of course, have the option to drag it out as long as we want.

Or those who are upset enough at being lied to yet one more time by game developers may take their toys and go home.

I will say this much - YoshiP and staff had a huge amount of trust and affection from their playerbase, so much so that people like you are totally cool with being lied to because you just want the game to work so damn bad.

Well, they've spent quite a lot of that.  Let's see how "okay" you are with things the next time the devs outright lie without explanation.  Because I can guarantee you it's gonna happen again.