Hydaelyn Role-Players
Personal Housing Thread 2.0 - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Personal Housing Thread 2.0 (/showthread.php?tid=8307)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Personal Housing 2.0 - Warren Castille - 09-16-2014

I think part of the "issue" is that we, as players, want to know things. Yoshi got asked if 850 would be enough, he said "it will be more than 850" and that got turned into "Housing costs to be around 850" in a lot of people's heads. He likely didn't want to comment on pricing (which is why he didn't say it's going to cost X million at the time, he just shot down 850k) but we wanted an answer.

I'll again cite that Player Room and Personal Housing were not intended with FC housing. Players asked for it while the development cycle was already underway.

If I had my druthers, I would have just activated a Gate in every city with the option to buy a personal room for X.X million gil and left it at that: Folks get their mog houses from XI that everyone clamored for and the housing wards remain the communal setting they were always intended to be. Seems silly that we're going to have wards that only home 30 people when right now we've got wards with 10 times that on account of being group homes.

Regardless, I suspect this isn't the end of this particular chapter. People won't be happy until every player's got a house, a chocobo farm and a field of plants with a yard, "people" here referencing the loud people complaining regardless of what's offered.

Hindsight edit: I sound like such a downer. My bad. Also Doggie let's play Payday.

RE: Personal Housing 2.0 - Kage - 09-16-2014

They should also add gardening to personal rooms imo.

Make it so you can have more outside furnishings / garden plots in each respective size.

RE: Personal Housing 2.0 - ArmachiA - 09-16-2014

You're wrong about Personal Housing. It was originally supposed to be personal housing and they changed it to FC housing. They said it was because of the server infrastructure.

He said it would be cheaper than FC housing, he said it would be different than FC housing. The quote all over the official forums right now is damning. Calling out SE for a lie is justified. This could have been solved months ago if they just would have told us this was going to happen on a day that WASN'T PATCH DAY. This could have been handled a lot better. They deserve what they get.

(I actually did get my personal house, but that isn't the point. At all.)

RE: Personal Housing Thread 2.0 - Aldotsk - 09-16-2014

Even though what devs said was a false hope for everyone, is it really killing enough for players to quit the game over personal housing?

I'd rather not hope that people are quitting this game over housing. Because FF14 is not made for housing really. It's for cosmetic expansion imo.

There will be more wards and plots coming up, just gotta be patient is all. They just started implementing on this. 

NOTE:
People told Yoshida to resign when he over-priced the FC houses when it first came out. This issue will be resolved.

RE: Personal Housing Thread 2.0 - ArmachiA - 09-16-2014

^ You underestimate the need for your own thing in games. Personal housing in all games is becoming standard.

The Japanese are livid over this.

RE: Personal Housing Thread 2.0 - Kage - 09-16-2014

"Personal" housing then.

I'm not going to say how many people are upset because for all I know it could be the vocal minority or it could very well be the majority. All the playerbases are unhappy to say the least. Japanese. European. North American. Every one. Even the one they say they cater to.

If it's not the price, it's the shared space that causes limited availability even worse.

SE development team, Yoshi-p, whoever. They made a bad call.

(09-16-2014, 10:52 AM)ArmachiA Wrote: ^ You underestimate the need for your own thing in games. Personal housing in all games is becoming standard.

I think you still missed my point. Even if everyone is angry, would it be enough to quit the game forever because of housing issues?

RE: Personal Housing Thread 2.0 - Dogberry - 09-16-2014

It's not the personal housing that's killing it for me. It's that with this I'm concerned that SE is backsliding into the bad old days. They've been really good about being open with us about the game. What happened here? I think it's reasonable to be concerned about that.

(09-16-2014, 10:59 AM)Aldotsk Wrote: Even if everyone is angry, would it be enough to quit the game forever because of housing issues?
For some it is not the housing (though some came back just for it) it's the misdirections and miscommunications.

Yes they probably thought at 2.1 things would be different. When the time came for them that they did not need to meet the standards which they set, they should have said "For those who thought at 2.1 we would still keep to what was said then, things have changed and we won't be."

It's the same as when we all thought echo for Coil1 was going to go to whatever percent it was going to be 2 weeks after the usual. They went about 2-4 weeks after it was supposed to be implemented and said "After close observation blah blah we've decided that the current echo is fine blah"

(09-16-2014, 10:59 AM)Aldotsk Wrote:
(09-16-2014, 10:52 AM)ArmachiA Wrote: ^ You underestimate the need for your own thing in games. Personal housing in all games is becoming standard.

I think you still missed my point. Even if everyone is angry, would it be enough to quit the game forever because of housing issues?

Yes, absolutely. I've seen games fail in months because their player base was lied to.

(09-16-2014, 11:07 AM)ArmachiA Wrote:

Yes, absolutely. I've seen games fail in months because their player base was lied to.

Then that's their choice. There are like 80% of other ways to enjoy your game. Even if people did own their house for RP purposes, they'll always end up going to RP in Quicksand or DW anyways. 

It's only the first day they implemented individual housing and yes the plots are limited and wards are limited. That whole 2.38 patch discussion about housing for past three weeks now makes sense. 

Personal Housing being expensive? I knew this was going to happen way before 2.1, where I told some people that it'll be as expensive as FC house and many members in RPC crucified me saying that I was trolling but I wasn't :/ I was really being honest because I felt that it'd be unfair for FCs to gain their house should players only gained their own house to RP in their own house. FC will be empty. completely.

But can we like just wait... for like a week or two to have them reconsider or explain their reason better than that Yoshi-P's post? He probably was posting in a hurry since everyone were raging.

NOTE edit: Also there are many games that brought disappointments than FF14 -2.0-. They always listened after massive negative feedbacks. I think this is one of them. Just wait. don't quit.

There are many games that brought disappointments and that is why the only subbed games right now are WoW and FFXIV. Because the devs weren't honest, weren't putting out enough content, or being generally disrespectful to their playerbase. This hits all three buttons.

Personal Housing is the game to some people, to a lot of people. Did you know that 60% of the server hasn't even cleared T5? Raiding isn't enjoyable or isn't an option to some people. This game is pretty much all raiding.

The casual content is pretty sparce, a lot of more casual players were looking forward to personal housing to start Gardening or whatever. It's important to them. Its why Wildstar gives you a house for free, and why Rift has entire dimensions you can build. Making a peice of a game "your own" not only is something people think is important, but inspires loyalty in the product.

And there are a lot of casual players out there.

I'm not sure how this is hard to understand.

RE: Personal Housing Thread 2.0 - C'kayah Polaali - 09-16-2014

It's not that it's housing. It's the amount of work it took to get to the point of buying a house, only to not get one because of artificially limited resources.

Think about it like an atma weapon. If a bunch of folks who did the full atma+books grind didn't get anything from the quest because SE only had a few hundred of the weapons to give out as quest rewards, how would they respond? Because literally that's what we did. Our tiny little FC. Each of us basically did the full atma+books grind, and we've got nothing to show for it.

A -lot- of players could not get the type of gardening they wanted for the chocobo coloring in their FCs, etc. Personal housing was their hopes for it.

In FCs they would have to fight over what is grown etc. Who is in charge of gardening or the first person to do it or whoever has the rights. That's the game for lots of people who don't raid.

RE: Personal Housing Thread 2.0 - Phayte - 09-16-2014

I'm as livid as possible about the whole housing situation. I had been saving tons and working hard to earn gil to get my own house with certain expectations from what little information we were given. Had SE just blatantly said what they had been planning, I would've spent time on working towards something else I'd have enjoyed.

It's just a sea of emotions of being angry and sad. Why would they devote so much time to features that only I would guess 5% of players, even if that are able to enjoy? It really just makes me want to quit seeing how the direction of the game has gone in the recent month. Sure it's probably the initial shock and things could change, but if it did, how much more time would they need to devote to it?

Normally I hate posting like this, but I'm just so heartbroken after seeing the notes and news, especially for everyone else who worked so hard to save up for the opportunity to own their own piece, to color their chocobos, to get the minions, etc. If there weren't game features tied to it and it was just purely cosmetic, it wouldn't be so bad.