Hydaelyn Role-Players
Personal Housing Thread 2.0 - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Personal Housing Thread 2.0 (/showthread.php?tid=8307)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Personal Housing Thread 2.0 - Erik Mynhier - 09-16-2014

Am I disappointed? Sure. But its like Amma use to say, "People who waste time complaining, never reach the end." So its 4mil, that just means Cliodhna and I have to work harder for our lovenest. It may take us until 2.4 to save it, but that works as the plots will vanish quick anyway. Its all good, at least I got the door prize of Fury getting to run free in the Goblet.

RE: Personal Housing Thread 2.0 - Kage - 09-16-2014

Are we only allowed to ride mounts in the Wards or can they follow as companions??

RE: Personal Housing Thread 2.0 - Erik Mynhier - 09-16-2014

(09-16-2014, 11:41 AM)Kage Wrote: Are we only allowed to ride mounts in the Wards or can they follow as companions??

I don't know I just got up. But I'll be checking in a minute.

RE: Personal Housing Thread 2.0 - Warren Castille - 09-16-2014

(09-16-2014, 11:21 AM)ArmachiA Wrote: Personal Housing is the game to some people, to a lot of people. Did you know that 60% of the server hasn't even cleared T5?

Can I get a source on this? I didn't think we had server stats for this sort of thing.

RE: Personal Housing Thread 2.0 - Aldotsk - 09-16-2014

I just think it's too early for me to say that their decision is final and they refuse to change it. I honestly don't think they expected plots to be sold by individuals over FC.
Do people really hate the personal rooms in their FC? I am just curious, because when I first went to Erik's personal room, it was pretty spacious than the first original small FC space.

I really won't talk about my end in FC because I do understand how people feel and upset they are, all I am saying is for the 5th time - don't quit the game.

RE: Personal Housing Thread 2.0 - LiadansWhisper - 09-16-2014

(09-16-2014, 10:49 AM)Aldotsk Wrote: Even though what devs said was a false hope for everyone, is it really killing enough for players to quit the game over personal housing?

I'd rather not hope that people are quitting this game over housing. Because FF14 is not made for housing really. It's for cosmetic expansion imo.

There will be more wards and plots coming up, just gotta be patient is all. They just started implementing on this. 

NOTE:
People told Yoshida to resign when he over-priced the FC houses when it first came out. This issue will be resolved.

1) People might - just might - be tired of being lied to.  Players were accept a lot of things, but blatant lies to them are really hard to swallow.  You would think that SE would have learned from the companies before them that have dealt with active, engaged, passionate playerbases and learned not to lie so clearly, much less in a place where the entirety of your playerbase can quote that shit right back to your face.  These people are more inept at lying than Ghostcrawler and Celestalon, and that is mind-boggling, to say the least.

2) I have no faith that the housing issue will be resolved, I mean, unless Yoshi does an about-face again.  In his letter, he specifically states, "As stated in the patch notes for Patch 2.38, the plots of land available for purchase in the housing areas will be the same for both Free Company and individual buyers. The introduction of housing plots in the future will also follow this structure."  So unless he was lying here as well, we're stuck with the current system.

3) No matter how many wards they are able to add, it won't be enough.  Even if they double the number of wards, there will never be more than 4320 houses per server (over all three cities).  Our server has 30k+ people on it.  So 4320 houses is supposed to server 30k individuals and FCs.  This makes no logical sense.

RE: Personal Housing Thread 2.0 - ArmachiA - 09-16-2014

(09-16-2014, 11:46 AM)Warren Castille Wrote:
(09-16-2014, 11:21 AM)ArmachiA Wrote: Personal Housing is the game to some people, to a lot of people. Did you know that 60% of the server hasn't even cleared T5?

Can I get a source on this? I didn't think we had server stats for this sort of thing.

Someone scrawled through the Lodestone (I think they also used XIVPADS) to get those stats, this of course doesn't make it 100% accurate if your achievements are off, but it's a good indicator. Alas, I can't find the source now.

RE: Personal Housing Thread 2.0 - Warren Castille - 09-16-2014

(09-16-2014, 11:49 AM)ArmachiA Wrote:

Someone scrawled through the Lodestone to get those stats, this of course doesn't make it 100% accurate if your achievements are off, but it's a good indicator. Alas, I can't find the source now.

Enh, achievements are hidden by default and that doesn't take into account alts/retired/quit etc. I'm not sure it's a good measure of anything. Hell, most people I know have never bothered logging into the Lodestone since there's not a lot it offers.

I remember one of the sites crawling through the lodestones..

They still don't have my character on it.

(09-16-2014, 11:23 AM)Kage Wrote: A -lot- of players could not get the type of gardening they wanted for the chocobo coloring in their FCs, etc. Personal housing was their hopes for it.

In FCs they would have to fight over what is grown etc. Who is in charge of gardening or the first person to do it or whoever has the rights. That's the game for lots of people who don't raid.

Gardening is, quite frankly, one of the biggest issues with all of this.  They've locked gardening behind house ownership, and so those of us who genuinely want to experiment on our own are basically out in the cold.  Yeah, you can garden for your FC, if someone else isn't already in charge, but it's not the same as being able to experiment yourself.

Edited to Add: They have also locked Chocobo training/raising and coloring behind owning a house. Of course, they've also said they are going to add it to the Chocobo Porter stables in the future. But um...given their track record at this point, I just can't believe anything they say.

(09-16-2014, 11:50 AM)Warren Castille Wrote:
(09-16-2014, 11:49 AM)ArmachiA Wrote:

Someone scrawled through the Lodestone to get those stats, this of course doesn't make it 100% accurate if your achievements are off, but it's a good indicator. Alas, I can't find the source now.

Enh, achievements are hidden by default and that doesn't take into account alts/retired/quit etc. I'm not sure it's a good measure of anything. Hell, most people I know have never bothered logging into the Lodestone since there's not a lot it offers.

Registering your character to XIVPADS the default is achievements being on, I believe.

They should never have locked those type of features into housing in the first place with the way housing is / planned to be /whatever.

(09-16-2014, 11:53 AM)LiadansWhisper Wrote:
(09-16-2014, 11:23 AM)Kage Wrote: A -lot- of players could not get the type of gardening they wanted for the chocobo coloring in their FCs, etc. Personal housing was their hopes for it.

In FCs they would have to fight over what is grown etc. Who is in charge of gardening or the first person to do it or whoever has the rights. That's the game for lots of people who don't raid.

Gardening is, quite frankly, one of the biggest issues with all of this.  They've locked gardening behind house ownership, and so those of us who genuinely want to experiment on our own are basically out in the cold.  Yeah, you can garden for your FC, if someone else isn't already in charge, but it's not the same as being able to experiment yourself.

Me and Curago talked about this this morning. He said if it was possible to give permissions for certain Garden plots (Since we have three) he would let people do "experiments" on one for anyone who wanted to be a Temporary Gardener. Unfortunately it's not an option and even if it was its just a bandaid, since anyone could ask for that rank. Currently, if we let people use the Garden we break the Jute/Glazenut/Onion pattern and ugh that sucks.

The whole situation is terrible. I don't blame anyone for being angry.

(09-16-2014, 11:55 AM)Kage Wrote: They should never have locked those type of features into housing in the first place with the way housing is / planned to be /whatever.

I completely agree with this.  I felt it was very bad to do this in the first place, because it locks a large part of the playerbase out of something they really, really wanted, and something SE advertised as a draw to the game.

(09-16-2014, 11:57 AM)ArmachiA Wrote:
(09-16-2014, 11:53 AM)LiadansWhisper Wrote: Gardening is, quite frankly, one of the biggest issues with all of this.  They've locked gardening behind house ownership, and so those of us who genuinely want to experiment on our own are basically out in the cold.  Yeah, you can garden for your FC, if someone else isn't already in charge, but it's not the same as being able to experiment yourself.

Me and Curago talked about this this morning. He said if it was possible to give permissions for certain Garden plots (Since we have three) he would let people do "experiments" on one for anyone who wanted to be a Temporary Gardener. Unfortunately it's not an option and even if it was its just a bandaid, since anyone could ask for that rank. Currently, if we let people use the Garden we break the Jute/Glazenut/Onion pattern and ugh that sucks.

The whole situation is terrible. I don't blame anyone for being angry.

^^ Pretty much.  I'm sort of experimenting in the alt house garden, but Curago and I had actually planned on turning the alt garden into another loop once I grabbed my personal house, so we could devote more space to the dyes/chocobo foods.  Guess that's up in smoke.