Hydaelyn Role-Players
Personal Housing Thread 2.0 - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Personal Housing Thread 2.0 (/showthread.php?tid=8307)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Personal Housing Thread 2.0 - Nero - 09-16-2014

(09-16-2014, 01:58 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: Not strange at all. I just think that the reasonable-minded would be drowned out by the proverbial thrown bottles and chairs. I'm of similar opinion that wish; They could have told us sooner that it wasn't working out and they'd try extra hard in the future to make something worthy of our time and attention, but they didn't, so we can either hope there was a good reason for it or wash our hands of Yoshi P, quit the game, write letters to our congressmen and burn effigies.

You forgot making a Facebook page and starting a Twitter hashtag. This is the generation of social media, after all!

RE: Personal Housing Thread 2.0 - Dogberry - 09-16-2014

(09-16-2014, 01:57 PM)Berrod Armstrong Wrote:
(09-16-2014, 01:53 PM)Dogberry Wrote: You can please some people sometimes, but you can't please everyone every time. 
This entire thing, summed up in one neat sentence.

I'm pretty pleased, I get to take screenshots of a sweaty Highlander slinging an axe over his shoulders. What's a housing?

Dude, have you seen the Monk stances yet? Guys go into a pose that makes them look like The Rock, and women drop into Horse stance. Looks awesome.

RE: Personal Housing Thread 2.0 - Dogberry - 09-16-2014

(09-16-2014, 02:00 PM)Nero Wrote:
(09-16-2014, 01:58 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: Not strange at all. I just think that the reasonable-minded would be drowned out by the proverbial thrown bottles and chairs. I'm of similar opinion that wish; They could have told us sooner that it wasn't working out and they'd try extra hard in the future to make something worthy of our time and attention, but they didn't, so we can either hope there was a good reason for it or wash our hands of Yoshi P, quit the game, write letters to our congressmen and burn effigies.

You forgot making a Facebook page and starting a Twitter hashtag. This is the generation of social media, after all!

I'm all for burning some Yoshi-P effigies. I declare today Yoshi-P day! Remember, remember, the 16th of September, the day Yoshi-P lost the plot. I know of no reason our wailin' and wheezin' should ever be forgot.

RE: Personal Housing Thread 2.0 - Warren Castille - 09-16-2014

I'll be mass-mailing Ash Masks to everybody. Meet me in Mor Dhona.

RE: Personal Housing Thread 2.0 - Nero - 09-16-2014

(09-16-2014, 02:12 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: I'll be mass-mailing Ash Masks to everybody. Meet me in Mor Dhona.

Are those going to be our Guy Fawkes masks? #OccupyEorzea?

RE: Personal Housing Thread 2.0 - Whittledown - 09-16-2014

(09-16-2014, 02:25 PM)Nero Wrote:
(09-16-2014, 02:12 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: I'll be mass-mailing Ash Masks to everybody. Meet me in Mor Dhona.

Are those going to be our Guy Fawkes masks? #OccupyEorzea?

I would recommend Mr. Face masks.

[Image: 215545222_EspdC-L-2.jpg]

RE: Personal Housing Thread 2.0 - McBeefâ„¢ - 09-16-2014

*flops into thread*

I wonder if they did it just to find the RMTers.

I think any person buying a large house will be under intense scrutiny.

I don't know. We're legacy, and I know how much money I began the game with, and how much my friends were making. Sure, 70~m in one shot is a huge pile of cash, but it's not unheard of. Maybe.

RE: Personal Housing Thread 2.0 - Kage - 09-16-2014

(09-16-2014, 02:36 PM)Whittledown Wrote: I would recommend Mr. Face masks.
I learned yesterday that Denmo and Mr.Face are played by the same person. Squee.

I know one person who started in like... mid feb? March? He's got 28mil without -really- trying.

RE: Personal Housing Thread 2.0 - Chika Ito - 09-16-2014

I've been reading the posts as they appear about personal housing. Here is my input;

Personal housing is something that I know a lot of my friends have been looking forward to. I, myself, have been hoping for it for a while. To the point all the last bit of August, and the start of September, I was doing nothing but grinding out gil constantly. Hours upon hours spent, and now it seems that I have just wasted my time. Myself, as one person (even with the help of a few friends), can only obtain so much gil at one time. I fell 1.5 million short of the cheapest house. To have come so close, and yet be so far, is disappointing. 

Here is where I am upset; they rushed. It is clearly evident that they rushed so quick to produce an item that majority of the player base wanted. Instead of saying (like someone mentioned earlier) 'we do not have the resources or space to do personal housing' or 'hey it's a huge undertaking it will be a long time yet, but we'll get there' they just did copy and paste coding from Free Company housing. Only perk you don't have to be in a Rank 6 Free Company in order to purchase one. That's it. Not only do you have to compete with large amount of other players for housing, you also have to fight with Free Companies. Personally I am glad I couldn't afford a house because I'd be taking a home from a company that probably worked for months to get a plot. NOTE! I am not condemning anyone for getting a house. I'm just saying I'm happy I couldn't because of my views on it.

They should have taken a lot more time with this project. Waited until they could have the server space to produce neighborhoods, not wards, for personal housing. Okay get ready to pour tar and chicken feathers on me....*sighs In my mind they should only make two sized homes. One being a standard, which has a ground floor, and a basement. Then a deluxe version which has three floors instead of two. Or just make all player homes the same size, and the same price. I know a lot of my friends, who spend time trying their damnedest to earn gil, that haven't even seen a million. Sure you have quests, roulettes, crafting, etc but sometimes that just isn't enough to grind up 80 million gil. And the topic of availability came up too. 

There are several games out there that Yoshi's team could have used as a guide book for player housing. Some examples below;

• Lord of the Rings Online; they have standard and deluxe homes. Sure the customization is a bit dull, but you have a house. It's rather cheap too! 7 gold for a deluxe, and I believe 3-4 for a standard? It's been a while since I have been on there. They have neighborhoods where the homes are located. What happens to inactive houses/players? Well you pay rent. You do not 'own' the house. It pay a small fee, or a large sum up front, for rent. When you cannot make your rent, you are given a grace period, and if that time runs out you're evicted from your house.
  • Wildstar; I didn't play the game for long. I actually had a seven day trial from an old friend. Player housing is there too. You can put a lot of things on your land, and do so much to your house! Each home is instanced, and it works out fairly well. You can open the instance to other players, or just friends, or keep it private. You can invite people at your will. All subscribers get a free starter home.
  • Star Wars: The Old Republic; this game just recently released their homes know as 'strongholds'. If you were a member when they came out, or joined before a certain deadline (which has passed I think) you got a free home. Homes there are instanced as well. You can have it open to everyone, or private and hand out keys to your friends and guild mates. What they do on there, however, is give you one HUGE place. But there is a catch. You have to use in game money, or out of game money, to expand your stronghold.

Rift is another game, but I never played it.

My point is they could have taken the time to work on this project, and make it so much better than it is. They rushed. There are other games out there that they could have obtained ideas from, but sadly they just copied the Free Company housing for it. The prices, in my opinion, are very extreme. How can one person possibly obtain that? A few mil, sure. 80 mil? Impossible unless they spend a crap ton of time on game, playing the market, selling Coil runs, etc.

Since they didn't spend enough time, or work, on the project they could have at least released prices several months ago instead of keeping it a closely guarded secret until patch night so people could actually know how much they needed, or if it would just be some long shot. 

To those who are upset by the housing situation, you have every right to be. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. I understand how frustrating it is. To have spent so much time, energy, and put faith into something only to be lied to, and misguided. Last night when I saw the prices I threw my hands up, and said 'nope!' and I went to bed. I didn't bother patching until today. I didn't have the money, and honestly my desire to get a house was shot all to hell.

Hang in there guys and gals Sad

RE: Personal Housing Thread 2.0 - Zyrusticae - 09-16-2014

(09-16-2014, 02:45 PM)Kage Wrote: I know one person who started in like... mid feb? March? He's got 28mil without -really- trying.
Lies.

To get that much money with a non-legacy account, you have to be making a focused effort to make money. Anyone who doesn't make a focused effort, like myself, is likely hovering in the low millions.

RE: Personal Housing Thread 2.0 - CalebAgron - 09-16-2014

(09-16-2014, 12:48 PM)Rurutani Wrote: By the way, to the person who decided to launch a huge curse laden rant to my skype because of my post, thank you for spoiling my day. I truly appreciate the class and friendship show to me there.

Makes me super appreciative I joined this community. Frustrated
Wait, wait, wait a second let me get this straight. You post about how sick you are of hearing people complaining, which by the way you seem to like to read about, but now you want everyone to "feel bad" or "sorry" for you when you get backlash? Riiiiight.

RE: Personal Housing Thread 2.0 - Berrod Armstrong - 09-16-2014

(09-16-2014, 03:08 PM)Zyrusticae Wrote:
(09-16-2014, 02:45 PM)Kage Wrote: I know one person who started in like... mid feb? March? He's got 28mil without -really- trying.
Lies.

To get that much money with a non-legacy account, you have to be making a focused effort to make money. Anyone who doesn't make a focused effort, like myself, is likely hovering in the low millions.
This is the tone that starts thread-locking flame fests. Let's be a little more civil, please.

RE: Personal Housing Thread 2.0 - Tiergan - 09-16-2014

I kinda wish they just took the inn rooms (FFXI moghouse style), let us decorate them, and gave us flower pots for gardening in them.