Hydaelyn Role-Players
Personal Housing Thread 2.0 - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Personal Housing Thread 2.0 (/showthread.php?tid=8307)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Personal Housing Thread 2.0 - Kylin - 09-16-2014

(09-16-2014, 11:21 AM)ArmachiA Wrote: Personal Housing is the game to some people, to a lot of people. Did you know that 60% of the server hasn't even cleared T5? Raiding isn't enjoyable or isn't an option to some people. This game is pretty much all raiding.

^This. Aside from RP, housing was literally the most important feature in the game for me that I was looking forward to since 1.0. I'm literally devastated right now. Not planning to quit over it or anything. But I'm presently extremely disappointed over this entire situation.

RE: Personal Housing Thread 2.0 - Kage - 09-16-2014

(09-16-2014, 03:08 PM)Zyrusticae Wrote:
(09-16-2014, 02:45 PM)Kage Wrote: I know one person who started in like... mid feb? March? He's got 28mil without -really- trying.
Lies.

To get that much money with a non-legacy account, you have to be making a focused effort to make money. Anyone who doesn't make a focused effort, like myself, is likely hovering in the low millions.
If he was focused he'd have made the 70mil needed for the large houses.

Edit:
(09-16-2014, 03:11 PM)CalebAgron Wrote:
(09-16-2014, 12:48 PM)Rurutani Wrote: By the way, to the person who decided to launch a huge curse laden rant to my skype because of my post, thank you for spoiling my day. I truly appreciate the class and friendship show to me there.

Makes me super appreciative I joined this community. Frustrated
Wait, wait, wait a second let me get this straight. You post about how sick you are of hearing people complaining, which by the way you seem to like to read about, but now you want everyone to "feel bad" or "sorry" for you when you get backlash? Riiiiight.
If you think a personal attack through off-site for a post he made is justified... I won't bother saying more.

RE: Personal Housing Thread 2.0 - Faustina - 09-16-2014

I just wanted to throw in my own vent over my disappointment..

I am in a very small FC, and we worked hard to save up money to get a house. We missed out the last patch they released wards because we were too late in the day to login, so this time we got up when the patch was released only to find out that there were people that were just way faster than us and by the time the patch was downloaded/installed and we logged in, all small lots were gone. As many others before me have stated, there is a serious balance issue between the plots they give small servers and large servers. They really should give the large ones more; it just makes more sense.

Honestly, I'm not all that interested in the housing aspect, all I want is access to Chocobo Raising. That's it. It's a big reason I even got interested in FFXIV and got my boyfriend and all my friends to join it. It's my entire character background. And I really don't want to leave my FC, as I've worked hard to build it up from the bottom, but unless we're lucky with Patch 2.4 or they decide to make chocobo raising more accessible, I guess I'm out of luck. And that sucks. I'm willing to buy stuff I need for chocobo raising from the market board (after all, I went ahead and purchased all the fruits I need to dye my bird the color I want) as long as I can actually you know, raise them somehow. 

So I totally sympathize with everyone who is venting here... we all got screwed in one way or another by poor planning and lack of communication. 

*group hug* Sad Chocobo

RE: Personal Housing Thread 2.0 - Zyrusticae - 09-16-2014

Not sure what you find so objectionable about my tone, Berrod. Unless you quoted the wrong person...?

(09-16-2014, 03:18 PM)Kage Wrote: If he was focused he'd have made the 70mil needed for the large houses.
[Image: idontbelieveyou.gif]

RE: Personal Housing Thread 2.0 - Berrod Armstrong - 09-16-2014

Yay for the edit! You can ignore the part in the sparkles.

~*~*It was Berrod. Highlander sameface is bad, but it's not -that- bad. I'm prettier than he is. ~*~*

Beginning a disagreement by accusing someone of lies is rude! Rudeness gets people pissy and then fights start and then threads get locked and that makes me sad. 

what warren what are you doing OH GODS MY FACE

Well, let's just say in less than a week the person finished the main story quest. He's got atma weapons for 2-4 other jobs other than his first. He's got 50 in all DOH, DOL, DOM, DOW. He can 3-star for several crafts. It's not -focused- more so that well, he's spending lots of time in the game.

He's also spent 2 months unsubbed since I gifted the game to him for his birthday in mid Feb...

RE: Personal Housing Thread 2.0 - CalebAgron - 09-16-2014

(09-16-2014, 03:18 PM)Kage Wrote:
(09-16-2014, 03:08 PM)Zyrusticae Wrote:
(09-16-2014, 02:45 PM)Kage Wrote: I know one person who started in like... mid feb? March? He's got 28mil without -really- trying.
Lies.

To get that much money with a non-legacy account, you have to be making a focused effort to make money. Anyone who doesn't make a focused effort, like myself, is likely hovering in the low millions.
If he was focused he'd have made the 70mil needed for the large houses.

Edit:
(09-16-2014, 03:11 PM)CalebAgron Wrote:
(09-16-2014, 12:48 PM)Rurutani Wrote: By the way, to the person who decided to launch a huge curse laden rant to my skype because of my post, thank you for spoiling my day. I truly appreciate the class and friendship show to me there.

Makes me super appreciative I joined this community. Frustrated
Wait, wait, wait a second let me get this straight. You post about how sick you are of hearing people complaining, which by the way you seem to like to read about, but now you want everyone to "feel bad" or "sorry" for you when you get backlash? Riiiiight.
If you think a personal attack through off-site for a post he made is justified... I won't bother saying more.
Hard for me to feel sorry for someone who came in and made a post without regard to how others are feeling. Or whine about how he doesn't like how others are feeling and they should feel x way because people are bothering -him- (the center of the universe) with how they feel.

Would I have attacked him through off-site means, No. I think that's cowardly and if you have a problem with what someone posted on one site, you shouldn't stalk someone to flame them.

Am I going to feel "sorry" that he was attacked? Nope. You reap what you sow.

RE: Personal Housing Thread 2.0 - Zyrusticae - 09-16-2014

(09-16-2014, 03:42 PM)Kage Wrote: Well, let's just say in less than a week the person finished the main story quest. He's got atma weapons for 2-4 other jobs other than his first. He's got 50 in all DOH, DOL, DOM, DOW. He can 3-star for several crafts. It's not -focused- more so that well, he's spending lots of time in the game.

He's also spent 2 months unsubbed since I gifted the game to him for his birthday in mid Feb...
Well, that makes more sense. Anyone with that much playtime in the game is kind of an outlier tho.

Hell, I thought I spent a lot of time in the game, but I've only put a fraction of as many hours as the more dedicated players...

(09-16-2014, 03:48 PM)Zyrusticae Wrote: Well, that makes more sense. Anyone with that much playtime in the game is kind of an outlier tho.

Hell, I thought I spent a lot of time in the game, but I've only put a fraction of as many hours as the more dedicated players...
Indeed. I'm just saying it's -possible- just not that it's highly probable.

I spend on average 7 hours a day in-game. I've been playing since Black Friday. >.< He's completely overshadowed me orz;

RE: Personal Housing Thread 2.0 - LiadansWhisper - 09-16-2014

(09-16-2014, 03:50 PM)Kage Wrote:
I spend on average 7 hours a day in-game. I've been playing since Black Friday.  >.< He's completely overshadowed me orz;

Think this has more to do with what crafting classes you chose to level up first, and what things you ended up jumping in on.  A lot of people who anticipated the rush with Personal Rooms, for instance, made bank.  Those who did not...well...

RE: Personal Housing Thread 2.0 - Xenedra - 09-16-2014

Second warning.

If you feel the need to discuss how rude or not rude someone is, please take it to private messages. This thread is about housing.

To sum up personal housing as it is in 2.38.

It's an fc house without the additional 200 personal rooms.

Is that right?

RE: Personal Housing Thread 2.0 - Dogberry - 09-16-2014

On a lark, I started looking at other games. There's a cyberpunk MMO in the works called Exile Online. I check out the game features. One of them is player apartments.

[Image: NRtxBKr.jpg]
>mfw

RE: Personal Housing Thread 2.0 - Warren Castille - 09-16-2014

Warning: Sounds like boasting.
Show Content

It's silly to say someone can't make money in this game if they're not trying to. Just working on my Novus has paid for my Novus since the Animus stage.

Personally.... Personal rooms at 300K with a garden plot sounds like it'd fix more issues for those who wanted personal housing.

The issue for FCs unable to get houses is a different matter entirely. (Availability)