Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Two characters seeking RP partners, plots, and allies: One butler, one professor. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Two characters seeking RP partners, plots, and allies: One butler, one professor. (/showthread.php?tid=8327)

Two characters seeking RP partners, plots, and allies: One butler, one professor. - Banquo Viaquo - 09-17-2014

Afternoon, all. I've learned quickly that this game isn't the most friendly regarding alt-itis, but nevertheless I've ended up with a couple characters I particularly enjoy RPing; I figure it's about time I started trying to get them some long-term allies or enemies, people to count on, people to resent, rivals, comrades, all that business. I enjoy writing them, but without consistent relationships and people to interact with, they exist in a vaccuum.

Being a DM, I'm also interested in orchestrating some of these player-run plots I've been hearing about, but without much knowledge of how these things are done mechanically, I'm a bit sunk. For now, I'm just gauging interest, and if the time arises when I can run something, I'll be more than happy to. Hopefully, if I can get in on participating in one, that might give me the experience I need to better understand the running of one.

http://wiki.ffxiv-roleplayers.com/pages/Gideon_North

The first is North. As I'm still working on progressing him to the point where he can wear a coatee of some kind, there's no default picture. Apologies.

TLDR: An ex-valet whose patron house was murdered by unknown members of the Ul'dahn upper class. Polite, obliging and competent in almost all things, he attempts to be (in many aspects) the perfect butler, and will treat strangers with the same deference and respect he would treat an assigned master... including occasional bursts of dry, slightly caustic wit.

http://wiki.ffxiv-roleplayers.com/pages/Brandt_Wintfrydsyn

Second is Professor Wintfrydsyn.

TLDR: A foul-mouthed Roegadyn professor of Temporal Arcana Theory, doing research into whether or not it's possible to use magic to affect time. Once an arrogant, villainesque gladiator; career was ended due to an unpleasant accident in which his arm was disabled. Abrasive, bad-tempered, and stubborn... but can respect resilience, and the ability to come back from rock bottom.

It will likely be some time before either of these characters hit endgame. I understand if that's a bit of a point against me, but rest assured either of them are more than capable of helping and supporting others in their ventures, even if not necessarily mechanically.

What I am essentially looking to do is cultivate some IC relationships. People who can grow to know either of them, and perhaps come to enjoy their company, as they would your characters. It's difficult for me to establish that kind of thing just spontaneously (though I'm steadily learning to look people up on the wiki when I'm curious about getting to know them more), so if you have any interest in pursuing a connection with either of them, I'd be more than happy to work something out. Please, feel free to talk about your character here if you see an opportunity.

EDIT: Secondarily, I'm seeing bits here and there about Skype groups centered around this RP community? Naturally I wouldn't just demand entry right off the bat, but if it's open to the public, so to speak...

RE: Two characters seeking RP partners, plots, and allies: One butler, one professor. - Antain - 09-18-2014

Ul'dah is a harsh land, filled with shady merchants and even shadier authority. However, there is a faint light in the city's underground. A place where those who feel lost, unwanted, or even just need someplace to belong. The Phoenix Rose offers hospitality to those who need it, and fare wages for those willing to earn it. Find your place amid the ashes of your past!

*coughs*

But in all seriousness, we're always looking for people to have connections with, even if it's just casually. Still, I think we could incorporate your characters, alts or not, however you wish! Look us up and hope to see you in game!

RE: Two characters seeking RP partners, plots, and allies: One butler, one professor. - Banquo Viaquo - 09-18-2014

Well, I'm not altogether sure I have a main at this point. The offer's a kind one, I'm sure; I'll look into it a little. Even if not joining outright, I'm more than willing to learn about it and work with its associates.

RE: Two characters seeking RP partners, plots, and allies: One butler, one professor. - Titor - 09-18-2014

Titor is a medic/doctor/scientist/aetheric engineer. While he is never around Limsa for long, he goes by to check on the arcanists guild every once in a while. He is not an arcanist in the guild sense of the word, but instead took that base knowledge of using aetheric geometries to expand on and create new geometries. He probably would have met Brandt in his scientific career if you would have wanted him too, and I think it would be funny rping them together if Brandt is foul-mouthed and loud, whereas Titor uses all proper language and etiquette. Nonetheless they seem to share intellectual interests if you would want to RP.

RE: Two characters seeking RP partners, plots, and allies: One butler, one professor. - Val - 09-18-2014

Feel free to check out Melfice's wiki Smile he seems like he'd be able to get along with either of them. The wiki is in my sig of course!

RE: Two characters seeking RP partners, plots, and allies: One butler, one professor. - Banquo Viaquo - 09-18-2014

(09-18-2014, 01:54 AM)Titor Wrote: Titor is a medic/doctor/scientist/aetheric engineer. While he is never around Limsa for long, he goes by to check on the arcanists guild every once in a while. He is not an arcanist in the guild sense of the word, but instead took that base knowledge of using aetheric geometries to expand on and create new geometries. He probably would have met Brandt in his scientific career if you would have wanted him too, and I think it would be funny rping them together if Brandt is foul-mouthed and loud, whereas Titor uses all proper language and etiquette. Nonetheless they seem to share intellectual interests if you would want to RP.

Solid. As long as he can be patient and recognize the professor's bluster for what it is, I'm all for it.

(09-18-2014, 03:10 AM)Val Wrote: Feel free to check out Melfice's wiki Smile he seems like he'd be able to get along with either of them. The wiki is in my sig of course!

Certainly, I can see avenues for connection there. Though I imagine he'd only put up with so much sound and fury from the Professor - I'll look for you in-game and we can sort out some specifics.

RE: Two characters seeking RP partners, plots, and allies: One butler, one professor. - Adeya - 09-19-2014

Adeya (whose wiki I really need to sit down and work on...) is an arcanist with an interest in finding new ways to use aetheric geometries. I think it might be fun to have her and Brandt meet up; her response to his swearing would most likely involve either sarcasm or swearing right back (after all, after you live in Limsa for a while, you probably pick up a thing or two). And they would seem to have one interest in common at least.

Anyway, since she is involved with the arcanist guild it doesn’t seem unreasonable that they would run into each other if you want to RP sometime.

RE: Two characters seeking RP partners, plots, and allies: One butler, one professor. - Banquo Viaquo - 09-20-2014

Sounds good to me. If you have any kind of specific jargony sort of thing that she's studying in particular, like Thaumic Deconstruction or Illusion Theory or Resonance Cascades, he'll be more than happy to demand she expound on things.