Hydaelyn Role-Players
Eorzean Medical Society [EMS] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Linkshell Hall (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Forum: Chronicles (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Thread: Eorzean Medical Society [EMS] (/showthread.php?tid=8400)

Eorzean Medical Society [EMS] - Titor - 09-24-2014

I solemnly pledge to consecrate my life to the service of Eorzeans
I will give to my teachers the respect and gratitude that is their due;
I will practice my profession with conscience and dignity;
The health of my patient will be my first consideration  
I will respect the secrets that are confided in me, even after the patient has died;
I will maintain by all the means in my power, the honour and the noble traditions of the medical profession;
My colleagues will be my sisters and brothers;
I will maintain the utmost respect for life;
I make these promises solemnly, freely and upon my honour.

The Eorzean Medical Society [EMS] is a group of individuals dedicated to the art of healing. Be it through use of manual techniques, conjury, aetheric geometries, or any other form of healing; seasoned doctors, apprentices, or even beginners; all races and Grand Company alliances, all who share a passion for healing are welcomed into the Society.

The EMS a linkshell to bring together doctors, medics, healers, and nurses to discuss the trade, offer professional advice and help, coordinate classes, or other events to better the health of Eorzeans as a whole. To be inducted into the society please contact Titor Jaraba.

OOC: 
This is a linkshell to bring together the IC healers of Balmung. All good aligned and possibly neutral aligned characters are welcome. Evil-aligned doctors or doctors with ill intentions will not be welcomed into the society. 

The linkshell will be for referencing other healers/doctors if necessary, if a second opinion is desired, or just to talk about the trade. The linkshell is IC, however OOC chatter in (())'s is allowed. Any trolls/troublemakers will be removed.

Future event plans for this linkshell include:
Monthly free clinics to help the underprivileged/poor, or those who may not have access to medical services otherwise.
Classes in first aid or basic healing for the general public
Classes on more advanced topics for fellow doctors/medics/healers
And more as ideas come along!

I have a private house that could be used as a clinic/base of operations if there is interested, in Ward 6 plot 35 of the Mist. HOWEVER. Please ask before hosting things there, there are a few places that people should not be going IC.

This linkshell is now rebooted as of 03/13/2015
New members (and previous members) are welcome to rejoin. We have a new set of officers to assist with running it.

Feel free to contact me either here via PM/Posting here or in-game under Titor Jaraba with any questions! If you want to apply, please post here or poke me in game and I will get to you shortly!

The shell is open recruitment. The way you join is offscreen by picking up a shell that is distributed by current members or other NPC doctors that will pass it out. There is no IC interview required to join the shell, however clear acts of trolling or use of IC chatspeak will be dealt with.

RE: Eorzean Medical Society [EMS] - Titor - 03-14-2015

The linkshell has been rebooted! Thank you to all who assisted with his!

Notable changes:

Website has been scrapped, for now. May reconsider it for the future.

Recruitment is now open recruitment, just ask to join, there is no IC interview process.

A few officers have been selected.

First page information has been updated, including new location of Titor's personal house/the clinic.

Skype group is going to be more active, but not required to join.

If anyone wants to join, or was in the previous iteration of the shell and wants to rejoin, please PM me, post here, or contact me in game!

RE: Eorzean Medical Society [EMS] - FreelanceWizard - 03-14-2015

Mod note: Because of the revamp, at the OP's request, I've removed all posts relevant to the previous iteration of the linkshell.

RE: Eorzean Medical Society [EMS] - Titor - 03-26-2015

The EMS reboot has been going spectacularly so far! A few active member of the old iteration, combined with a plethora of new members really has the EMS starting to come together as a great repository of doctors/medics/healers/health-enthusiasts! 

We are going to be participating in The Infection plot arc! Really looking forward to that to start kicking off in full force!

If you are interested in joining, let me know! Recruitment is open and very easy to join!

RE: Eorzean Medical Society [EMS] - Titor - 04-16-2015

Activity bump! The shell is back and more populated than ever! Let me know if you want to join!

RE: Eorzean Medical Society [EMS] - Star Lin - 04-17-2015

I've been planning on having John join the linkshell but was waiting until the reboot to have him join.  I'll see if I can catch you in game for a linkshell.

Also, do you think Titor would be interest in studying the way that John heals.  John is willing to try anything to give him more control over it, especially a certain aspect of being able to sense aether that he calls "Dreaming" and to not have to worry about not falling into it if he doesn't wear gloves.