Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Annual Grand Grindstone Event Idea - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: The Annual Grand Grindstone Event Idea (/showthread.php?tid=8452)

Pages: 1 2 3

The Annual Grand Grindstone Event Idea - Aldotsk - 09-30-2014

I sent Sindl and Kage a PM regarding this since I was at work and I wanted to have an idea that's something of an annual Grindstone event that could be bigger than just standing outside of Central Thanalan - but make it into more of arena style like Wolves Den, and this is what I wrote on the quote to them (quote below). Please share your thoughts if anyone's also interested and want to see this happen.

If I didn't PM you and you were involved in Grindstone as a staff member, please forgive me - the only few people who talk about it a lot was Kage more than anyone and he slipped the name of Sindl so I thought he was involved too!

Quote:I wanted to see if you two want to do something big for an event like World Cup style by forming up a tag team battle like Wolves Den with limit of 2-4 people per team. This would happen once a year and winner would win like a really big pot. Possibly a month event , where it'd be preliminary then quarter finals then semi finals then finals. In the end top three teams will win the money but highest rank wins it big.

I have some ideas to customize a coliseum , so it'll be indoor base and audience are only allowed to talk through linkshell (which means they need one linkshell spot open just for this) and the competitors and referees and the narrators (yes the narrators) would be the only one to talk. I also wish to set up a stream if no one minds too.

If you like the idea, please let me know.

As I've said, I've got some idea to set up the arena and I think it might work. It's a big prize than Grindstone since it'll be an annual/seasonal thing depending on how popular it is. I know Grindstone is a very popular subject to many people out here, and I think it will work. Like a team battle to earn money.

RE: The Annual Grand Grindstone Event Idea - Nyorai - 09-30-2014

Sounds like a great idea! Maybe it's something that the champions from each of the previous Grindstone Champions could only participate in? (or say every 3, 6 months or something)  

I was thinking something similar along the lines of the above at least. Not sure how much Sindl gets on these forums but I know there are quite a few threads about the GS lately - I'll be sure to tell him to have a peak at this one!

RE: The Annual Grand Grindstone Event Idea - Warren Castille - 09-30-2014

Tag-team battles? TAG TEAM BATTLES?

YES. YES. YES. YES. YES.

[Image: infinite-yes-daniel-bryan.gif]

RE: The Annual Grand Grindstone Event Idea - Aya - 09-30-2014

Will they be hiring? ^^

RE: The Annual Grand Grindstone Event Idea - DoomsdayClock - 09-30-2014

I will team Iron with....Aya...and Lady Edda.

RE: The Annual Grand Grindstone Event Idea - Aldotsk - 09-30-2014

This Saturday, I'll be trying to talk with most Grindstone staffs to work this out. Until then, keep checking this thread!

RE: The Annual Grand Grindstone Event Idea - Edda - 10-01-2014

(09-30-2014, 10:15 PM)Iron Sea Wrote: I will team Iron with....Aya...and Lady Edda.
Sure, if you want to lose.

RE: The Annual Grand Grindstone Event Idea - Leanne - 10-01-2014

Leanne likes tagging, cause it means she can finally be an archer without people actively trying to destroy her bow...

RE: The Annual Grand Grindstone Event Idea - Meta Xi - 10-01-2014

(10-01-2014, 04:10 AM)Leanne Wrote: Leanne likes tagging, cause it means she can finally be an archer without people actively trying to destroy her bow...
Spear throw from across the map, no scope style, right at your bow. You cant escape it.

On a more serious note, this sounds awesome. I want in!

RE: The Annual Grand Grindstone Event Idea - DoomsdayClock - 10-01-2014

(10-01-2014, 02:20 AM)Edda Wrote:
(09-30-2014, 10:15 PM)Iron Sea Wrote: I will team Iron with....Aya...and Lady Edda.
Pssh..naw. See the game plan is Aya fights while holding a tray of cookies..and when the enemy knocks it from her hands Edda goes into rage mode and runs forward spinning her arms like whirling dervishes...we have this.

RE: The Annual Grand Grindstone Event Idea - Unnamed Mercenary - 10-01-2014

(10-01-2014, 09:28 AM)Iron Sea Wrote:
(10-01-2014, 02:20 AM)Edda Wrote:
Pssh..naw. See the game plan is Aya fights while holding a tray of cookies..and when the enemy knocks it from her hands Edda goes into rage mode and runs forward spinning her arms like whirling dervishes...we have this.

But what if they were going against Franz teamed up with a giant cake?

In all seriousness, this could be interesting. I'll see if I can make it, when there's a planned day/time.

RE: The Annual Grand Grindstone Event Idea - Aldotsk - 10-01-2014

Good News is Sindl seems to be interested too!

I'll be speaking with him/her about how I and Sindl could work this out to make it interesting. I've already arranged a place for the arena, so it'll happen around November through December. This is like World Cup style, which means it's a long term project. 

I'll definitely be posting up soon. Chances are that I want the teams to be team of 3-4 people so everyone can gain something.

RE: The Annual Grand Grindstone Event Idea - DoomsdayClock - 10-01-2014

(10-01-2014, 10:02 AM)Aldotsk Wrote: Good News is Sindl seems to be interested too!

I'll be speaking with him/her about how I and Sindl could work this out to make it interesting. I've already arranged a place for the arena, so it'll happen around November through December. This is like World Cup style, which means it's a long term project. 

I'll definitely be posting up soon. Chances are that I want the teams to be team of 3-4 people so everyone can gain something.
Anelia simply must team with Iron.

RE: The Annual Grand Grindstone Event Idea - Sindl Arahn - 10-06-2014

(09-30-2014, 09:30 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: Tag-team battles? TAG TEAM BATTLES?

YES. YES. YES. YES. YES.

[Image: infinite-yes-daniel-bryan.gif]

This was my response as well, complete with the Canadian flags.

I really need to pay attention to these forums. >.>

RE: The Annual Grand Grindstone Event Idea - Aldotsk - 10-12-2014

Okay!

So I've worked on first page of the tournament, and the rest of combat sequence will be uploaded tonight. Sorry for extreme  delays. Here it is!

Click Here for first page rules!