Hydaelyn Role-Players
What's something nobody expects your character to be/do? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Fun Prompts (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Thread: What's something nobody expects your character to be/do? (/showthread.php?tid=8472)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: What's something nobody expects your character to be/do? - Liliana Nazareth - 10-03-2014

With Liliana? Start using contractions in her sentences!

She always says "I am", "we will", "you have", "you would", "We are", instead of "I'm", "We'll", "You've", "You'd", or "We're". Dat Dravanian/Sharlayan upbringing, yo.

RE: What's something nobody expects your character to be/do? - Parvacake - 10-03-2014

For one, when Lili gets angry she says 'fuck' every few words. So she'll go from smiles and calling being 'dear' to going "I don't give a **** what your ****ing excuse is".

And.

She has a small trap door in her office that leads to places :-3 She's only ever shown one person it before and it comes up in a non disclosed part of Ul'dah. She's never personally used it but she's helped guide others who needed a legitimate reason to get too and from the city undetected.

RE: What's something nobody expects your character to be/do? - Kellach Woods - 10-03-2014

That Kellach's perfectly willing to cave a little girl's skull in in certain situations despite the protestations of everyone around him, despite her intentions, just because she is a threat.

RE: What's something nobody expects your character to be/do? - TheBlob - 10-03-2014

Rhysa and Andralyn are pretty transparent characters, I don't think that they would do anything that would really surprise anyone.

Rhysa doesn't bluff. If she says she's going to shoot she will...and consider yourself lucky if you get that warning.

While Andy is usually a pleasant fun and flirty person her business bitch flip has a hair trigger.

Daphne would be my wild card in this instance, I suppose. She's a doctor and has gone out of her way to save just about the worst type of person. She is also a huge advocate for redemption and the ideal that all people are inherently good.

That said she would silently watch a person die on her table while looking them in the eye as they beg for her help if they posed a significant enough threat to her friends or family and she wouldnt think twice or be haunted by her actions in the least.

RE: What's something nobody expects your character to be/do? - Lady Rivienne - 10-03-2014

For Rivienne, she doesn't reveal how musically inclined she is. She has been given the moniker 'songbird' ..but it isn't well known.

Also, it would be highly unusual for her not to speak in such an ostentatious manner. But, in very rare situations, she casts aside the proper speech.

RE: What's something nobody expects your character to be/do? - Warren Castille - 10-03-2014

Retire!

Warren's getting old (He started in 1.0 as someone already nearing 30) and it's only a matter of time before even his physical gifts run out. I could see him realizing that was happening and just cutting loose; Drop the sword and armor and move and open an inn somewhere.

RE: What's something nobody expects your character to be/do? - Kellach Woods - 10-03-2014

(10-03-2014, 08:29 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: Retire!

Warren's getting old (He started in 1.0 as someone already nearing 30) and it's only a matter of time before even his physical gifts run out. I could see him realizing that was happening and just cutting loose; Drop the sword and armor and move and open an inn somewhere.
Only to have a dude show up saying "We need you for one last mission" and have a dramatic moment where you put on the armor again.

And then explosions everywhere.

IT WRITES ITSELF.

RE: What's something nobody expects your character to be/do? - Ciel - 10-03-2014

Stay in one place for more than a week by choice, or challenge a sailor to a swearing contest.

RE: What's something nobody expects your character to be/do? - Edgar - 10-03-2014

If it moves, lives in the Sagoli, and presents a threat to your physical well-being...

...Koporo has probably eaten it.

RE: What's something nobody expects your character to be/do? - Ha'uruh Nunh - 10-03-2014

Howl likes pretty things.  He secretly wishes he could make beautiful jewelry to spread across the bosum of a lovely lady.

RE: What's something nobody expects your character to be/do? - cuideag - 10-03-2014

Delial is a bit far-sighted and, gasp, is supposed to wear glasses if she wants to read things for a fair amount of time without falling into a headache or some such. She is also mildly claustrophobic and really does not care for tiny, cramped spaces.

Jajara is afraid of birds. That tough little lala who could probably suplex the average fellow into a pretzel if she were so inclined? Can hardly stand to be around chocobos. A company mate recently came into the possession of an apkallu chick and it makes her nervous.

RE: What's something nobody expects your character to be/do? - Erik Mynhier - 10-04-2014

Erik has a beautiful singing voice, but he's phobic about singing in public.

RE: What's something nobody expects your character to be/do? - DreamedReality - 10-04-2014

Jaques likes to cook. He even likes to cook fancy and used to be a fill-in chef at the Bismarck. He really enjoys a well cooked meal and if he has to do it himself, well. *shrug* It's pretty much the only thing I can thing of that got a IC 'WTF -you- did this?!' sort of reaction.

RE: What's something nobody expects your character to be/do? - Jazz Egi - 10-04-2014

Smile. Sad

RE: What's something nobody expects your character to be/do? - Antain - 10-04-2014

Hmm, this is tricky. Probably voice his opinion. Like, really tell someone (other than Jaques) what he's really thinking. Though, it did surprise a person or two who learned Vaughn likes to paint, and is quite good at it. Like, Tiergan good >_>; Unlike myself.

Tiergan, teach me!