Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Completed Journal] Blonde Moments (Lilithium Altair) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: [Completed Journal] Blonde Moments (Lilithium Altair) (/showthread.php?tid=8499)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: [Completed Journal] Blonde Moments (Lilithium Altair) - Parvacake - 01-23-2017

[youtube]-UNT3poCd6U[/youtube]

Kyren thought he knew the signs of the winds of change. They were supposed to be heralded with the sound of guns and cries of anguish. The smell of smoke and fear. War. The betrayal of those closest to you. And yet here he stood, being swept up in those winds once again.

Lilithium Altair had taken her last breath, and as Kyren stood over her lifeless body, he could feel his entire world shatter around him.

Kyren never spoke much of the events in the following days.... mainly because he didn't remember much of the next few days. He drowned himself in the spirits of local taverns, and when that wasn't enough he turned to more recreational means. Somnus, milkweed, blackroot rose. Anything he could get his hands on to try and make the pain stop.

It was never enough.

He could vaguely remember trying to return to Lili's house one night. A broken arm, fourteen bone fractures, a broken nose, and multiple kicks to his stomach and face served as Khavan's reminder that he was no longer welcome anywhere near their home.

And so he was pushed back into his downward spiral. More drinks. More drugs. His attention eventually turned to the whores and tavern wenches that littered the streets at all hours of the day.

It was never enough. 

- - -

The night before Lili's funeral finally arrived. Her body had been taken to the Thaumaturge's Guild in Ul'dah for her funeral rites and finally her cremation. Kyren entered the guild as nothing more than a shadow, slipping through one of the windows before landing silently on the stone floor. His blood may have had more toxins than a Malboro at that point, but the training beaten into him in Doma was second nature after so many years of practice. 

He made his way through the empty guild, taking a side passage off of the main room and descending down into the lower quarters where the bodies were prepared for the rites. It wasn't a difficult thing to track her down; the closer he was, the more the mark on the back of his hand burned against his skin.

He eventually found her in a small circular room, as still and as peaceful as she had looked when they had first found her in her bed. A candle on the side of the room carried the tune for the shadows that danced across her pale, smooth skin. His throat tightened as he stepped up to her side, knowing that this was the first moment they had been alone in the same room together since that day. Knowing that this was the last time he would see her. 

Cupping the back of her head, he slowly lifted her from the table as he leaned down, pressing his lips to hers one last time. After some time he eventually pulled away, resting his forehead against hers as he closed his eyes.

“If your gods have any kindness left, I hope they deliver these words to you, wherever you are. I love you, Lilithium Altair. I will always love you. Without your light, I... I don't know if I can keep being the man that I tried to be for you. But for the time we were together... thank you. Thank you.”

As he pulled away, he was surprised to find her cheeks stained with tears. He lifted a hand to his face. When had he started crying? He shook his head, wiping away his tears as he steeled himself for what was to come.

In the Xaelan culture, it was believed that all parts of the animal should be used with as little wasted as possible. Meat for strength. Fur for clothing. Bones for arrows and jewelry. It was just natural to make sure nothing went to waste.

At least, that's what he told himself as he pressed his fingers against her closed eyes, all while his voidmark burned like the seventh circle of hell.

Show Content