Hydaelyn Role-Players
[In Game Prompt] A Peculiar Piece of Paper - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [In Game Prompt] A Peculiar Piece of Paper (/showthread.php?tid=8507)

[In Game Prompt] A Peculiar Piece of Paper - Moonlit - 10-04-2014

IC
~*~

It may of been noticed by those who frequent Ul'dah that something potentially unusual has entered their lives. Pieces of paper had been shaped into small critters and placed all around the city. Once unfolded, these messages read optimistic and inspirational quotes. The messages ranged from,

"It's always darkest before dawn," 
"BELIEVE: Be Everything Life Is Erasing & Vaunt Exception,"
"It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light,"
"Replace fear of the unknown with curiosity," 
"I'm not telling you it is going to be easy. I am telling you it is going to be worth it,"

and more. After they had been read, nothing particularly spectacular happened. Perhaps the, 'Magic,' of it all had been the attempt (and maybe success) to make the citizens and visitors of Ul'dah just a little happier. 

OOC
~*~

Hi everyone! 

This was just an idea I thought of while I had been roleplaying around Ul'dah. My character had been handing out inspirational and optimistic quotes to people. I figured I'd extend the offer to characters that weren't around at the time in a more subtle way. Whether or not you opt to use this is entirely up to you! These notes would be hidden all around the city. From placed on bar counters and stools, to beneath cups, in cracks, left on benches, stuck out of a flower pot, or otherwise. You're welcome to use them however you feel from here. If you do end up using them in game, maybe you could post what you did here for future inspiration (or reference)? Food for thought!

Otherwise, I'm not too sure if I put this in the right section. It's kind of an "in game," prompt / tool for sparking roleplay (or stories, if you write stories you can still use this!). Hope some fun comes out of it.
[sub] [/sub]<3 Ezzie

RE: [In Game Prompt] A Peculiar Piece of Paper - Nebbs - 10-04-2014

I love the idea, were you thinking of your character being the source and offering other motivational services? Like team building or pep-talks?

Out of Character: - Moonlit - 10-04-2014

Hello, I'm glad you liked it!

To answer your question, she may eventually develop in a direction similar to that. Right now, she's currently far too subtle as she struggles with her own anxieties. She's also soundless (a mute) so she'd have to do motivational get-togethers a bit differently than most. xD 

I wasn't too sure where to put this. As, I'm not really seeking for my character to personally gain something out of it (I mean, how could she? The notes are anonymous xD) like connections, but it's also not really an event or a development movement. It's also more "server-specific." So I sort of just went for it. 
[sub]I see that it was moved and I'm going to trust mod judgement. [/sub]

<3