Hydaelyn Role-Players
The "RPC's Requests to the Developers" Thread! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: The "RPC's Requests to the Developers" Thread! (/showthread.php?tid=8517)

Pages: 1 2 3

The "RPC's Requests to the Developers" Thread! - Blue - 10-05-2014

EDIT: I did make this thread in the past to promote a personal thread I had made on the Official Forums in the past, but now I think (also thanks to Ilwe'ran for inspiring me), why not make this a thread for EVERYONE to promote their threads?

Simply put: If you have any cool idea to help roleplaying in general and have made a thread on the Official Forums for the Developers to check out, post a link here, so that all the roleplayers in the Coalition can check it out and support you! Comments, bumps, Likes, and everything we can do to make the Devs hear the voice of the Roleplaying community!

I'll start with my threads, please don't be afraid to necro-bump them!

An Industrial Revolution-themed Expansion!
Suggestion for a future expansion!

Yugiri's hood for Au Ras!
Small glamour request for Au Ra - Yugiri's Hood

Housing Issue on Balmung:
New Housing Wards for Balmung, please!

Head-Turn Display on screen:
Please give us the option to let other players see our head turn.

Screenshots potential:
The Unending Journey is missing so many cutscenes!

Monsters horns breaking etc. / Spearfishing from 1.0:
It would be cool to see this feature return!

An underground city?!
The Duskwight's Home?

Find Roleplayers through Search!
An "IC/RP" status would be nice to have!

More average clothes!
Town Gear Wishlist!

Inventory Woes
This issue just occurred to me about the new class (and future classes)...

I can't be /annoyed for longer than 10 seconds?!
What is the reason behind Facial Expression emotes not being Persistent?

Mounts seem heartless robots (sorry Magitek Armor!).
Idle Animations for Mounts (like the Companions): Do you see it possible?

/changepose galore!
Another wish-list thread: /changepose stances!

I want to sit my butt on the floor!
Miqo'te Men and Highlander Women of Eorzea Unite! Let us /sit on the floor!!

A traveling bag, can I has!?
Suggestion/Request/Pipe Dream - Where's my backpack!?

Companions always go poof at the worst time (when I RP with them out!)...
Small suggestion for Chocobo Companions!

Wow.. okay, didn't realize what a demanding bitch I have been this year. Oh well, please support any idea you like, and do it on the official forums rather than here!

Post links to your own threads if you think they'd make RP better!

RE: A bit of shameless advertisement.. - Parvacake - 10-05-2014

*makes grabby hands at*

RE: A bit of shameless advertisement.. - Titor - 10-05-2014

Alternatively we could use the "Looking for melds" status as a flag amongst rpers to know who is IC or OOC or not. No one else uses that status but it would need to become accepted for it to work.

RE: A bit of shameless advertisement.. - Kage - 10-06-2014

*meekly bumps*

RE: A bit of shameless advertisement.. - Shizuka - 10-06-2014

Interestingly enough, this was suggested a little under a month ago too, but in a different section of the official forums. Maybe if we can get more support on BOTH threads, it'll show that this is really a needed addition to the game?

LFRP status suggestion

Not to detract away from the thread, but the possible reason why that thread did not receive any traction is because it's in well... the wrong forum.

RE: A bit of shameless advertisement.. - Blue - 10-06-2014

(10-06-2014, 04:19 PM)Kage Wrote: Not to detract away from the thread, but the possible reason why that thread did not receive any traction is because it's in well... the wrong forum.
Yeah, that's why I didn't even see it when I made a search on the official forum to make sure I wasn't making a copy of a thread Blush... I never include "Website Feedback" in my searches...

But I've still bumped that thread as well for support, thanks everyone for supporting the one I made as well!

RE: A bit of shameless advertisement.. - Shizuka - 10-06-2014

Many of the suggestions in that forum actually seem to be for in game stuff! I admit, the forums are confusing in that there doesn't seem to BE any specific spot for game related suggestions, so I figure I'll support both threads in the hope that one or the other will get seen by someone who can actually find a way to implement it.

(10-06-2014, 04:23 PM)Lalah Wrote: Many of the suggestions in that forum actually seem to be for in game stuff! I admit, the forums are confusing in that there doesn't seem to BE any specific spot for game related suggestions, so I figure I'll support both threads in the hope that one or the other will get seen by someone who can actually find a way to implement it.

My reasoning for saying this is because a lot of people do a similar thing with the current FanFest Ask a question threads (asking in the wrong thread, asking multiple questions in one post, etc.). When you don't follow the 'rules' or guidelines, people in charge tend to ignore or bypass them and not give them the proper glance it deserves.

I'm still up for supporting this endeavor, I just think it is worth a small mention so that they don't just downplay our efforts as "another one of those complaints/whine" threads.

RE: A bit of shameless advertisement.. - C'kayah Polaali - 10-06-2014

I can't bump it (I get a "You don't have a high enough level character" error XD), but I'm bumping it in spirit!

[Image: article-0-0BA0124E00000578-876_634x745.jpg]

Wat. Is the error coming up when actually trying to post? Make your main character C'kayah, not any alts. Yours is lvl 50. It should be high enough.

RE: A bit of shameless advertisement.. - C'kayah Polaali - 10-06-2014

Okay, that's about the dumbest thing I've ever seen on an MMO forum. You'd think they'd put a "your current main character is X", like they do with the rest of lodestone. They'd have bonus points for making a "Change your main character" link on the error page.

RE: A bit of shameless advertisement.. - Blue - 10-17-2014

A little update! I have managed to get a post on page 2 of the new "Ask Questions for the Devs" thread, and I took the chance to bring up the RP/IC icon request.

Please hop on this post and give it a little thumb up! It's a little effort to give attention to what would be an awesome feature!

RE: The "RPC's Requests to the Developers" Thread! - Blue - 01-17-2015

Bump, renewed the thread's purpose, check the OP out!

RE: The "RPC's Requests to the Developers" Thread! - Ilwe'ran - 01-22-2015

Should we make a topic about Glamour gears ? Their answer was awfully dishonnest but they still said we could ask for some restrictions being lifted.