Hydaelyn Role-Players
"Digging in the Dirt" Connection Cross Post - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: "Digging in the Dirt" Connection Cross Post (/showthread.php?tid=8532)

Pages: 1 2

"Digging in the Dirt" Connection Cross Post - Yssen - 10-06-2014

Here are the details on the three pre-assembled groups investigating the Little Ala Mhigo attack. Full hook details can be found in the post located here.

The Immortal Flames - They are pretty much calling in and for aid from all Ul'dahn law enforcement they can get. With several of Ul'dah's institutions spread thin of late, the idea is that a task force will be formed under the banner of the Immortal Flames to pool resources. The Immortal Flames are very focused on Ul'dah solving this case on their own. It DID happen in their territory, after all. Still, a Garlean threat of unknown motive IS of concern to the entire Eorzean Alliance, so Ul'dhan government will not be preventing the other GCs from conducting their own investigations. They simply just wish to solve the problem themselves.

The Maelstrom - This grand company is simply sending any volunteers they can get to investigate the incident, and how it might impact Limsa Lominsa. In calling for volunteers they are also open to Lominsan law enforcement aiding with their own expertise, if they so wish.

The Order of the Twin Adder - Similar to the Maelstrom, they wish to know for themselves what happened and are accepting volunteers from all sources in Gridania. It should be noted that some of the powers that be in the Twin Adder are quite curious as to why it is that the Valleneaux seem interested in conducting their own private investigation, rather than relying on the Twin Adder's results.

The Valeneaux - Zaralette Valeneaux has promised a fairly large sum of money to any and all parties willing to investigate this incident for her merchant house. She seems quite saddened and horrified a the plight of these missing youths, and has also offered a very large reward to any adventurer (or group of adventurers) willing to rescue these youths and return them to their families.

If you are signing up to be in one of these four groups, please post below. Remember to indicate which group you are signing on to help out/join.
Keep in mind, this is not the end all be all of group involvement. If you have your own crew interested in the investigation, please post below or PM me. 
Thanks for your time. I hope people have fun and get some neat RP out of this. ^ ^

(Note - Edited post to include who is signing on for what groupy thing.)

Immortal Flames -
Osric Melkire, Tiergan Vashir, Anelia Sadowyn, Jana Ridah, Kane Denrys

Maelstrom -
Sousnyy Mirke

Twin Adder -
Chiane N'Ardente, Kiht Jakkya

Valeneaux - 
Edward Calloway

Independent - 
Taiga Jakkya

(New Note - Please see update reply thing in this thread. ^ ^)

RE: "Digging in the Dirt" Connection Cross Post - Melkire - 10-06-2014

Uh. I uh. Can't help but sign up, no matter how much my friends chide me about having my hands in too many cookie jars and my fingers in too many pies.
  • Osric is an Immortal Flame.
  • Garleans are involved.
  • He's the covert operations coordinator within his unit (read: spymaster).
  • He has an extensive and troubled history with Garleans in Thanalan.
  • He feels that he owes it to his Ala Mhigan associates to look into this.
  • Nazis Garleans. He hates Garleans. Unless they're reformed. <3

...why do I do this to myself? ><;;

RE: "Digging in the Dirt" Connection Cross Post - Tiergan - 10-06-2014

Tiergan Vashir, signing up! :V
  • Member of the Immortal Flames - Free Brigade.
  • Ala Mhigan
  • Has spent time in Little Ala Mhigo and would be furious about the abduction of youth.

RE: "Digging in the Dirt" Connection Cross Post - Unnamed Mercenary - 10-06-2014

(10-06-2014, 05:42 PM)Melkire Wrote: Uh. I uh. Can't help but sign up, no matter how much my friends chide me about having my hands in too many cookie jars and my fingers in too many pies.
  • Osric is an Immortal Flame.
  • Garleans are involved.
  • He's the covert operations coordinator within his unit (read: spymaster).
  • He has an extensive and troubled history with Garleans in Thanalan.
  • He feels that he owes it to his Ala Mhigan associates to look into this.
  • Nazis Garleans. He hates Garleans. Unless they're reformed. <3

...why do I do this to myself? ><;;

Because you care~

Clearly, Franz should join as a Garlean and see how well that goes. What better way to spook the enemy than to yell at them with their own language?

RE: "Digging in the Dirt" Connection Cross Post - Aldotsk - 10-06-2014

Anelia Sadowyn, assisting aid in Little Ala Mhigo!
  • Sultansworn and yet affiliated with Immortal Flames
  • Eliminates Garlean empire for breakfast (not really) , but have dealt with them since Carteneau
  • Found out that she is half Ala Mhigan and other nation (won't spoil it yet)
  • Has been requested to aid Immortal Flames as extra frontline elite soldier.

RE: "Digging in the Dirt" Connection Cross Post - Sounsyy - 10-06-2014

/salute

Sounsyy Mirke wouldn't miss this!
  • Ala Mhigan born.
  • Former soldier of the Ala Mhigan Resistance.
  • Passionate political activist for the Ala Mhigan plight.
  • Maelstrom Captain of a 3rd Squadron Levy. If there's Garleans infiltrating Thanalan, it's a 3rd Squadron issue to be sure.

RE: "Digging in the Dirt" Connection Cross Post - Kyatai - 10-06-2014

Chiane would be involved, functioning in an official manner as a liaison and Officer in the Twin Adders.
She is also, rather familiar with House Valleneaux and wishes to keep an eye on their interests in the matter....

Lastly, though not -specifically- Ala Mhigan born, her Clan lived nearby prior to the Occupation and she lived among them for five years just prior to the Calamity, under direct Garlean rule...

RE: "Digging in the Dirt" Connection Cross Post - Knight Kat - 10-06-2014

I don't know why I am doing this. I think I caught what Osric has...

Signing up!

Kiht Jakkya
  • Order of the Twin Adder - Free Brigade.
  • Scout who has been to Thanalan many times, so they figure she is a good investigator to call on.
  • Has sympathy for the plight of the Ala Mhigans since seeing them in the Twelveswood.
  • In need of gil right now to support the "Morbolvine Clan".

There you have it. Kiht's affiliation and reasons.

RE: "Digging in the Dirt" Connection Cross Post - Jana - 10-06-2014

Jana the Garlean Killler... Has a nice ring to it, don't it?

Jana's both an Immortal Flame (Free Brigade) and a Garlean Hater, so of course she'll be happy to take part.

RE: "Digging in the Dirt" Connection Cross Post - Edward - 10-07-2014

Edward Calloway would be more than happy to help The Valeneaux in this plot.  Edward is an adventurer and has fought against the Garleans since before the Calamity, throughout the Meteor project.  Having been at the Battle of Carteneau and dealing closely with the Garleans leaders in combat, Edward is glad to deal any blow against them now.  Can't wait to be involved in this.

RE: "Digging in the Dirt" Connection Cross Post - Jael'li - 10-07-2014

Kane Denrys hopping on board! 
  • Working under the immortal flames.
  • Ala mhigan.
  • Fuggin' HATES Garleans.

RE: "Digging in the Dirt" Connection Cross Post - Siha - 10-10-2014

I can't help it, I've been wanting to shove my nose into wider RP with my secondary main and actually justify her title as such. I'd like to sign up Taiga Jakkya, her main reasoning for being involved would likely be her cousin being involved at all, but I'll give you concrete reasoning once I've figured a couple of things out! Hope that's alright!

RE: "Digging in the Dirt" Connection Cross Post - Yssen - 10-13-2014

Update. Update. Update.

This stuff shall now start moving forward. Before I get into further details, I want to point out that just because it is moving forward does not mean that it is to late to sign up. It just means that things will start being found out, and doings shall begin a transpiring. Never to late to get on board as the train gets rolling. Yar.

So here is how things will proceed from here:

I will start sending out PMs to the people signed up today and tomorrow. Individuals we'll get their set ups, and the groups will get rolling. In the case of those working for the Valeneaux, this will mean talking to Zaralette. Groups will get their marching orders and other set up materials, and I shall begin coordinating live events and what have you for the groups.

Additionally, it should be noted that each individual (whether they are in a group or not) will be given one tid bit of information that no one else signed up is going to get. This is to encourage RP both inside and outside of the groups. These tid bits are not necessary to put the whole thing together, but will make it easier to grasp more of the whole picture of what is going on. Think of it like a little side quest of RP encouragement.

Those signed up, keep your eyes peeled on your PM box. Those not signed up, let me know below if you are jumping on. 

Time for the fun to being. ^ ^

RE: "Digging in the Dirt" Connection Cross Post - Atlas - 10-15-2014

My character Shiv'to Vodha is signing up!
  • Airship pilot for Maelstrom, Sergeant Third Class
  • Lives in Limsa Lominsa
  • Good shot with a pistol
  • Dabbles in arcany 
  • An intellectual
This looks so exciting!

RE: "Digging in the Dirt" Connection Cross Post - Castus Allard - 10-16-2014

Castus Allard wishes to sign on as an independent hired by one or more of the families in an attempt to track down their child, and possibly dole out a bit of justice.
  • Expert scout and tracker
  • Ex-Privateer
  • Independent armorer and inventor
  • Formerly in charge of sabotage and guerrilla campaign against Garlean forces across Eorzea (Not endorsed by Grand Companies)   Â