Hydaelyn Role-Players
2.4 Shiva/MSQ/Hildibrand Previews! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: 2.4 Shiva/MSQ/Hildibrand Previews! (/showthread.php?tid=8590)

2.4 Shiva/MSQ/Hildibrand Previews! - Kage - 10-10-2014

Click here for SHiva

Quote:In today’s patch 2.4 preview, we offer you a sneak peek at the new encounters with Shiva, the Lady of Frost!

Shiva, Lady of Frost

The barren hills and icy peaks of Coerthas play host to countless battles in the never-ending war between the nation of Ishgard and the Dravanian horde. As their age-old struggle wages on, a new threat has emerged: the primal Shiva, Lady of Frost. Who has summoned her, and how will the Warriors of Light stand against this mighty maiden of ice?

- The Akh Afah Aphitheatre (Hard)
Level Requirement: Disciple of War or Magic level 50
Item Level Requirement: ???
Party Size: Eight players
Time Limit: 60 minutes
Quest: The Instruments of Our Deliverance
Prerequisites: ???

- The Akh Afah Aphitheatre (Extreme)
Level Requirement: Disciple of War or Magic level 50
Item Level Requirement: ???
Party Size: Eight players
Time Limit: 60 minutes
Quest: Drop Dead Shiva
Prerequisites: Players must first complete the main scenario quest "Let Us Cling Together," and have completed The Striking Tree (Extreme).

Click Here for MSQ/Hildibrand

Quote:In today’s patch 2.4 preview, we take a look at the sinister events set to unfold in the main scenario, and the latest capers of the renowned gentleman hero, Hildibrand

Main Scenario

- Main Scenario – Dreams of Ice

The aches of the realm never cease, and Alphinaud, Scion of the Seventh Dawn, has founded the Crystal Braves in a bid to grant her succor.

In their tireless efforts to protect Eorzea and her peoples, the Warriors of Light now aid this fledgling company in uncovering a plot that could otherwise bring the realm to its knees. What dark forces stir in the shadows of Eorzea?

Hildibrand

- Hildibrand, Agent of Enquiry
When we last saw Hildibrand─agent of enquiry, inspector extraordinaire─the phantom thief had once again eluded his grasp. With talk of a tournament to be held in Ul'dah, however, it is all but certain where the fiend will strike next. Will our heroes thwart their quarry's dastardly Coliseum scheme? Will a Manderville man rise to claim the title of champion? Join Hildibrand and Nashu on their next case to find out!

- The Dragon’s Neck
The air in the Coliseum is electric as the contenders enter the arena for the final confrontation. On this grand stage, the Warrior of Light─savior of the realm and champion of the people─squares off against the eccentric, eight-legged Ultros and his formidable friend. When blades clash with wriggling limbs, who will emerge victorious?

ULTROOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

RE: 2.4 Shiva/MSQ/Hildibrand Previews! - Berrod Armstrong - 10-10-2014

I lol'd at Ultros. Wooo for another Hildy trial! Can't wait to hear the music for this one.

RE: 2.4 Shiva/MSQ/Hildibrand Previews! - Kage - 10-10-2014

It's Ultros and the Dragon's Neck. It's such a complete throwback to Final Fantasy VI. Oh my god, be still my beating heart.

I wonder if the Dragon's Neck Coliseum is a reference to beefing up the Coliseum/Bloodsands lore or another coliseum?

RE: 2.4 Shiva/MSQ/Hildibrand Previews! - Warren Castille - 10-10-2014

Let Us Cling Together.

Thanks, SE! I should finish that. Where's my PSP...?

RE: 2.4 Shiva/MSQ/Hildibrand Previews! - Sounsyy - 10-10-2014

=D =D =D =D =D

Every patch day I just sit down and prioritize Hildibrand quests above everything else. This patch will be no different.

RE: 2.4 Shiva/MSQ/Hildibrand Previews! - Berrod Armstrong - 10-10-2014

(10-10-2014, 09:53 AM)Sounsyy Wrote: =D =D =D =D =D

Every patch day I just sit down and prioritize Hildibrand quests above everything else. This patch will be no different.
AHAHAHA! I gobble down the MSQ, then take down the new dungeons, then tackle Hildy. Usually before daily reset. Then I sit there and sob waiting for someone to give me coil spoilers because I NEED TO KNOW.

RE: 2.4 Shiva/MSQ/Hildibrand Previews! - Parvacake - 10-10-2014

(10-10-2014, 09:53 AM)Sounsyy Wrote: =D =D =D =D =D

I still need to do those quests! *feels like such a bum* xD

RE: 2.4 Shiva/MSQ/Hildibrand Previews! - Stormwind - 10-10-2014

ULTROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS!

"Yaaaouch! Seafood soup!"

"Uwee hee hee! What have we here? Are we being warned against the armed, eight-armed, octopus!?"

ALSO

I really hope Ultros does some leering quotes at females and then makes a remark about any male characters in the party.

RE: 2.4 Shiva/MSQ/Hildibrand Previews! - B'ren Lyrgh - 10-10-2014

(10-10-2014, 09:20 AM)Berrod Armstrong Wrote: I lol'd at Ultros. Wooo for another Hildy trial! Can't wait to hear the music for this one.
ive seen you lose it at the Kraken in Hullbreaker to know why you are liking Ultros....

harlot

(10-10-2014, 10:46 AM)B Wrote:
(10-10-2014, 09:20 AM)Berrod Armstrong Wrote: I lol'd at Ultros. Wooo for another Hildy trial! Can't wait to hear the music for this one.
ive seen you lose it at the Kraken in Hullbreaker to know why you are liking Ultros....

harlot
Them 8 tentacles then?