Hydaelyn Role-Players
First things for your place - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: First things for your place (/showthread.php?tid=8623)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

First things for your place - Parvacake - 10-12-2014

For those of us who have moved out whether it be for college, new house, new apartment, moved in with a beau, etc. what was the first thing you got for your new place?

And by this I mean what was the first thing you got of your own volition and put in your place that added your own touch?

For example: I just got cast iron skillets and sauce pans and omg cooking stuff I don't have to eat frozen foods anymore afdjjwjjlnn;p

So let's hear it!

RE: First things for your place - Crisiet - 10-12-2014

Bed throws and blankets. I... I really like them okay.

RE: First things for your place - Ciel - 10-12-2014

A stupidly soft microfiber loveseat. I still have the thing, and it swallows people whole.

RE: First things for your place - FreelanceWizard - 10-13-2014

It's been a while since I first moved out, but I believe my first purchase was some cheap cookware. Smile

When I first moved into my current house, the first purchase was a rug for the entry room. It really brings the whole room together. Big Grin

RE: First things for your place - Random Encounter - 10-13-2014

Man, that is a long time ago...like 14 years or so. If I remember right, it was a couch, cause the one that had been left in that bachelors was a horrible puke green.

RE: First things for your place - Erik Mynhier - 10-13-2014

A backpack of clothes and my lifesavings. Running away at 16 was awesome.

RE: First things for your place - Val - 10-13-2014

First thing I bought myself.. A tv.

When my girlfriend and I moved in together? Pots and pans lol.

RE: First things for your place - Roswyn - 10-13-2014

A cheap, shitty table when I realized I had no where to put my computer.

RE: First things for your place - Gaspard - 10-13-2014

ho boy. Well, I moved in with a majority of things already in hand (kitchen equipment, living room/ bed room materials as well) so the first thing I got was probably the mirror in my floor and..that old wooden makeshift table.

after that a new frying pan cause my last one died the tragic death of teflon seperating from pan

RE: First things for your place - DreamedReality - 10-13-2014

Chainmaille supplies.

RE: First things for your place - DreamedReality - 10-13-2014

(10-13-2014, 04:08 AM)Gaspard Wrote: after that a new frying pan cause my last one died the tragic death of teflon seperating from pan

That is why we recently invested in the ceramic lined pans. So far they're great. But we've only had them about a year.

RE: First things for your place - Maril - 10-13-2014

I dragged my mom to Ikea, bought like, half of the store and convinced her to help me assemble it. No one died! Big Grin Among the stuff I picked was my bed, my desk and my shelf-systems. Protip for the future: If your surfaces at home are predominantly black or dark brown, do not buy a black phone. I can never find it ._.

RE: First things for your place - Kage - 10-13-2014

Recently did this. The only furnishings provided were GAS stove (OMGYES), washing machine, dryer, fridge, dishwasher.

We had many an IKEA trip the first weeks of moving in. Bed, blankets, mattress, pillows, sofa bed, desks, dining table and chairs...

And yet we also recently bought a griddler... and that has seen a lot of use lol

RE: First things for your place - Mae - 10-13-2014

... Bath towels and a shower curtain.

My folks had pretty much furnished that first apartment with hand-me-downs and spares, but if I remember correctly, they didn't have spares of those that they were willing to part with. And  my boyfriend (now husband) and I weren't even able to afford those for the first week because the need (not desire or want) to move had been pressed on us with the worst possible time for both of us.

I AM certain that the first few meals we had in there was cake. Food was also something we couldn't afford that first week, but a regular customer to where my husband worked at the time was so excited for us when she heard we'd gotten a place together that she went out and bought us a cake and ice cream to celebrate.

RE: First things for your place - Coatleque - 10-13-2014

(10-13-2014, 01:12 AM)Erik Mynhier Wrote: A backpack of clothes and my lifesavings. Running away at 16 was awesome.

I envy you. I would have done this, but I had no life savings :/

What did we get? Hmm... Like most others, cooking utensils, dishes, silver (see: stainless steel) ware, and bedding.