Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Looking for people to RP with~ - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Looking for people to RP with~ (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

Pages: 1 2

Looking for people to RP with~ - Lady Portia Bartel - 10-13-2014

Okay, so!!

So I really want to find an RP partner, or even just....anyone who wants to add someone to their story. I've done most of Portia's fleshing out already, completed some rather big goals for her, but most of the friends I used to talk to all the time are gone, and so I'm sorta without any exciting things to do.

A little about her, Portia is a noble who lives in a manor in Gridania. Currently she's 12 weeks pregnant and spends most of her time at home because the house has been abandoned for 5 years and needs a lot of work done. Since it's just her, she's very slowly making repairs.

She's of a Lawful Evil alignment (Or something of that nature...the alignment chart is hard for me okay?? @A@), once a great conjurer but now an apprentice to a black mage who she is very devout to (and also happens to be carrying his child).

I know pregnant characters are a bit harder to play with, but I still would like to have some fun with her! She's barely even showing, and sometimes has a temper, so adventures can still be fun!

Some of the ideas I had to get her involved with something would be,
 -Anyone looking to play a bodyguard character
 -Anyone ICly desperate for gil
 -A fellow fledgling thamaturge in need of help with something
 -Someone looking to open an orphanage, but lacks the funds
 -A villainous character looking to steal some powerful magical artifacts in her possession

....and really just open to any other plotlines anyone else has! I just want to be involved in something, so...send me /tells! Thank you!

RE: Looking for people to RP with~ - Random Encounter - 10-13-2014

cI might be interested, since I seem to run into you a lot, it looks like we share similar playtime. Both Phae'ra and Seda'ir could fit the bill to some extent, we'd probably have to sit down and chat a little though. As for the preggo bit, no problem there, just something interesting to work with xD

Shoot me a msg in game or here sometime if you're interested, we can prob work something out.

Edit: "...send me /tells! " I swear I can read! >< I'll toss you a msg whenever I run into you again.

RE: Looking for people to RP with~ - Lillini - 10-13-2014

(10-13-2014, 12:29 AM)Lady Portia Bartel Wrote:  -A villainous character looking to steal some powerful magical artifacts in her possession

....and really just open to any other plotlines anyone else has! I just want to be involved in something, so...send me /tells! Thank you!

This would be a good prompt for our characters to meet. My character isn't exactly er, villainous (yet), but he is often out attempting to find ancient and/or powerful books of Black Magic or any magic really, and would resort to any means necessary to get them.

RE: Looking for people to RP with~ - Unnamed Mercenary - 10-13-2014

I think I could poke Franz to do some bodyguard work on the side. Especially if she's thinking of traveling to slightly more....harsh...cities, like Ul'dah or Limsa. (Because aside from some xenophobia, Gridania is pretty friendly).

He does make visits to the Shroud regularly, and this could easily be one of the reasons why.

besides, when else would cake happen?

RE: Looking for people to RP with~ - Salinas - 10-13-2014

(10-13-2014, 06:59 AM)Lillini Wrote:
(10-13-2014, 12:29 AM)Lady Portia Bartel Wrote:  -A villainous character looking to steal some powerful magical artifacts in her possession

This would be a good prompt for our characters to meet. My character isn't exactly er, villainous (yet), but he is often out attempting to find ancient and/or powerful books of Black Magic or any magic really, and would resort to any means necessary to get them.

STOP.. LOOKING.. AT THE SAME THREADS AS ME!!

Also, Caelia would be very disappointed if Noxaelius decided to rob a pregnant woman. You moraless bastard. But, if that were to happen and Caelia finds out how he obtained it.. Expect the stolen artifacts to be returned to your character shortly.

(Only if Lillin permits it, of course.)

RE: Looking for people to RP with~ - Lady Portia Bartel - 10-13-2014

(10-13-2014, 07:44 AM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote: I think I could poke Franz to do some bodyguard work on the side. Especially if she's thinking of traveling to slightly more....harsh...cities, like Ul'dah or Limsa. (Because aside from some xenophobia, Gridania is pretty friendly).

He does make visits to the Shroud regularly, and this could easily be one of the reasons why.

Hehe!! Yay, I want a big bulky Franz bodyguard! ^^

(10-13-2014, 11:05 AM)Salinas Wrote:
(10-13-2014, 06:59 AM)Lillini Wrote:

STOP.. LOOKING.. AT THE SAME THREADS AS ME!!

Also, Caelia would be very disappointed if Noxaelius decided to rob a pregnant woman. You moraless bastard. But, if that were to happen and Caelia finds out how he obtained it.. Expect the stolen artifacts to be returned to your character shortly.

All of that sounds like it could be a relly fun litte story! :0

(10-13-2014, 12:37 AM)Phae Wrote: cI might be interested, since I seem to run into you a lot, it looks like we share similar playtime.  Both Phae'ra and Seda'ir could fit the bill to some extent, we'd probably have to sit down and chat a little though. As for the preggo bit, no problem there, just something interesting to work with xD

Shoot me a msg in game or here sometime if you're interested, we can prob work something out.

Edit:  "...send me /tells! " I swear I can read! >< I'll toss you a msg whenever I run into you again.
I saw you on last night but I was having a bad day and didn't feel like talking to anyone. ^^; but yes I was planning on sending you a tell later today *nodnod*

RE: Looking for people to RP with~ - Unnamed Mercenary - 10-13-2014

(10-13-2014, 01:25 PM)Lady Portia Bartel Wrote:
(10-13-2014, 07:44 AM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote: I think I could poke Franz to do some bodyguard work on the side. Especially if she's thinking of traveling to slightly more....harsh...cities, like Ul'dah or Limsa. (Because aside from some xenophobia, Gridania is pretty friendly).

It can totally happen. The Garlean guy can be pretty nice at times, although it's up to others to decide if it's real or a facade. 

Maybe he can part-time, since there's lots of bumming around Ul'dah to do. 

He's clearly a perfect fit for this kind of job. 

• Tall Scary Highlander. -or at least looks like one-
  • He's a father himself. Granted, good luck ever finding out his daughter's name. There is a certain paternal instinct that kicks in for those he cares about. (Poor <uldah> house.)
  • Cooks. Although he might want to default to more...Garlean cuisine, the Eorzean recipes aren't too difficult.
  • Would probably fall into an evil category if left unattended and bored for too long. 
  • Educated (although that's a nice Garlean education for the most part) and literate. 
  • Likes studying magic depsite all the reasons not to. Enjoys travelling to the Shroud, and hasn't managed to piss off an Elemental -yet-. But that fairy he summons on accident could be a funny RP.
  • Morbidly curious. He might enjoy seeing those "artifacts". 
  • Did I mention he's aetherically unstable? Just what every household needs!

I'm not kidding about the cake though. It needs to happen. We can have a villain tea time or something.

RE: Looking for people to RP with~ - Lillini - 10-13-2014

(10-13-2014, 11:05 AM)Salinas Wrote: STOP.. LOOKING.. AT THE SAME THREADS AS ME!!

BUT...I POSTED BEFORE YOU???

Like I said..."would resort to any means necessary to get them"! Pregnant woman? He doesn't give a beep! Also, just like Caelia to waltz into the mansion of a possibly evil character to do a good deed. But who knows...if Portia can forgive him for robbing her, maybe they could have some nice conversations about magic and such.

RE: Looking for people to RP with~ - Lady Portia Bartel - 10-14-2014

(10-13-2014, 01:53 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote:
(10-13-2014, 01:25 PM)Lady Portia Bartel Wrote:

It can totally happen. The Garlean guy can be pretty nice at times, although it's up to others to decide if it's real or a facade. 

Maybe he can part-time, since there's lots of bumming around Ul'dah to do. 

He's clearly a perfect fit for this kind of job. 

• Tall Scary Highlander. -or at least looks like one-
  • He's a father himself. Granted, good luck ever finding out his daughter's name. There is a certain paternal instinct that kicks in for those he cares about. (Poor <uldah> house.)
  • Cooks. Although he might want to default to more...Garlean cuisine, the Eorzean recipes aren't too difficult.
  • Would probably fall into an evil category if left unattended and bored for too long. 
  • Educated (although that's a nice Garlean education for the most part) and literate. 
  • Likes studying magic depsite all the reasons not to. Enjoys travelling to the Shroud, and hasn't managed to piss off an Elemental -yet-. But that fairy he summons on accident could be a funny RP.
  • Morbidly curious. He might enjoy seeing those "artifacts". 
  • Did I mention he's aetherically unstable? Just what every household needs!

I'm not kidding about the cake though. It needs to happen. We can have a villain tea time or something.

That sounds like a lot of fun, especially villain tea time. xD I'll poke you if I have any time this week, though if your schedule is anything like mine, will more likely be next week due to fan fest. xAx;;

Though, did you mention in another thread that Franz was a little well-off? What might his motivation be, to be a body guard, if it isn't for the coin? Maybe repaying a favor? Maybe some sort of event that happens beforehand? Hm hm hm, brainstormmmms....

RE: Looking for people to RP with~ - Unnamed Mercenary - 10-14-2014

(10-14-2014, 06:06 PM)Lady Portia Bartel Wrote: That sounds like a lot of fun, especially villain tea time. xD I'll poke you if I have any time this week, though if your schedule is anything like mine, will more likely be next week due to fan fest. xAx;;

Though, did you mention in another thread that Franz was a little well-off? What might his motivation be, to be a body guard, if it isn't for the coin? Maybe repaying a favor? Maybe some sort of event that happens beforehand? Hm hm hm, brainstormmmms....

What timezone are you most aligned to? I live in PDT, but work/sleep like someone in EDT. (So i'm basically online from this time -> 6 hours from now if I'm being responsible).

And there're any number of ways we could go about this. Like blackmail, or maybe Franz is bored, or maybe they've struck some deal, he could actually just be nice, brainstorms. We can work a way to get him involved. If Portia's skilled in reading aether I think we could generate a few hooks right there. XD

RE: Looking for people to RP with~ - C'kayah Polaali - 10-14-2014

Lawful Evil, you say? Why Lady Bartel, you've never looked so attractive to me! Heart

RE: Looking for people to RP with~ - Lady Portia Bartel - 10-14-2014

(10-14-2014, 07:54 PM)C Wrote: Lawful Evil, you say? Why Lady Bartel, you've never looked so attractive to me! Heart
O-ho-ho~

>:3c

Yes, Zagi'zi is a bad influence on her. I've been working hard at trying to make her actively more on an evil side, but it's hard considering where she came from/who she used to be.

Ever since she killed like 10 people in cold blood, though, and burned down a mansion in the name of sweet vengeance, she hasn't been the same....Angel

RE: Looking for people to RP with~ - Unnamed Mercenary - 10-14-2014

(10-14-2014, 09:36 PM)Lady Portia Bartel Wrote:
(10-14-2014, 07:54 PM)C Wrote: Lawful Evil, you say? Why Lady Bartel, you've never looked so attractive to me! Heart
O-ho-ho~

>:3c

Yes, Zagi'zi is a bad influence on her. I've been working hard at trying to make her actively more on an evil side, but it's hard considering where she came from/who she used to be.

Ever since she killed like 10 people in cold blood, though, and burned down a mansion in the name of sweet vengeance, she hasn't been the same....Angel

Evil tea time. Vengeance will never be sweeter.