Hydaelyn Role-Players
Celebration of The Traders [Open to Pilgrims! OOC comments Welcome!] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Celebration of The Traders [Open to Pilgrims! OOC comments Welcome!] (/showthread.php?tid=8727)

Celebration of The Traders [Open to Pilgrims! OOC comments Welcome!] - Jancis - 10-22-2014

((Again big Thank You to everyone who participated, performed, and helped keep the event moving so well. I will continue to reply with new excerpts from the night over the next few days.))

The winds swept over the valley in Eastern Thanalan over the merchant stop of Highbridge. For the past fortnight pilgrims and travelers had been making their way to this destination from far and wide. A storm was approaching, but the spirits of the faithful and the determined would carry on despite rain for themselves and for each other.

*The handbell rings out across the stonework and canyons* Pilgrims, welcome one and all."

"We have gathered here in celebration of the Traders! Our lives, our families, our goals and dreams all a pilgrimage in its own right. That you sacrifice this time to be together for yourselves and your kin speak volumes of your character."

"Let not your fears be, stand by the guards and see their strength. Let not the rain shower your faith! Onward, pilgrims!" *the bell chimes, leading the progression*

[Image: T6EuqX8.jpg]

"The point of traveling is not"
 "To arrive but to return home"
 "Laden with pollen you shall work up"
 "Into honey the mind feeds on.
"

[Image: pf61peq.jpg]

*rings the bell steady* "Pilgrims are persons in motion – passing through territories not their own – seeking something we might call contemplation, or perhaps the word clarity will do as well, a goal to which only the spirit’s compass  points the way."

[Image: GLwJpUw.jpg]

"Pray help the elderly, help the young, we all make our pilgrimage as one."

RE: Celebration of The Traders [Closed-Recap] - Jancis - 10-22-2014

At long last, out of the storming rain that pelted against them, as if trying to hold them back, the pilgrims made it to Thal's Respite.

The cavern was lit and clean, the water inside crisp and clear. Incense lingered in the still air of the cave bring a sense of serenity and solace that a place of worship, especially for the departed, called for.

The pilgrims all made room for each other in the cavern, outside of the calming waters that surrounded the enclosure. Some weary from the trip sat down together in groups and others stood.

The bells rang once again.

[Image: 6j59QnW.jpg]

"It is with gracious heart we start the night with some music."
 "Lady, would you please honor us and honor the Trader with your song."

Leanne Delphium flaps her fancy hat for a moment, trying to dry it before stepping forward. She bows first to Jancis, and afterwards to the crowd. "Hello, fellow pilgrims...! Name's Leanne Delphium, seasoned adventurer, owner of a fancy hat, and also, a pilgrim like all of you." she giggles.
"Pardon this young poet, and her perhaps bad lyrics...all I mean to is share this tale..." she pulls her bow-harp, craddling her instrument with love. Closing her eyes, she start plucking gentle, loose notes, giving background to her little tune.

[Image: nSXMJdn.jpg]

♪ ♬ ♩ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♪
Long long ago, a child was about.
His dreams were chaotic, disordered, uncontrolled.
One day he was an warrior, valiant and fearless.
Other day he was an sorcerer, wise and intelligent.
There was days he was a gatherer, taking from the land it's bounty.
As well as days he was a builder, meticulous and analytical.
One of these days, he found an old, old brick.
He showed it to his grandpa, eyes full of wonder.
With a warm smile, the parent told the child.
Of a story, very important, a lesson for life.
From all the wise words, a singular phrase stuck.
Blessed be Nald'thal, blessed be The Trader.

♪ ♬ ♩ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♪
Years years later, an young adult was about.
His dreams had a form, a body and a soul.
He began to build his first house, with the brick he had found.
Sweat, tears and blood, sacrifices for the land.
As the home was ready proud filled the grown man.
Prouder became the man, when the land began to prosper.
For a single house became two, for a single person became ten.
For two houses became twenty, ten person became several.
All inhabitants were happy and cheerful.
The coin circled around, in riches a town was found.
Everybody came curious, curious about this land.
Curious about it's founder, and his powerful secret. 
What said the man, when asked about the success?

♪ ♬ ♩ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♪
Years years afterwards, a town became a city.
Full of gold, silver and a thousand good souls.
It's symbol, the cowry, it's flag, a balance.
It lorded over commerce, it lorded over the underworld.
In the center was an old man, very wise, very smart.
Through course of life he saw, the fruits of his labor.
Sweat, tears and blood, sacrifices for the land.
Valiant and fearless, wise and intelligent, meticulous and analytical.
Such was the qualities of his people.
One of these days, his grandson came to him.
He had found a brick, eyes full of wonder.
With a warm smile, the parent told the child.
Of a story, very important, a lesson for life.
From all the wise words, a singular phrase stuck.
♪ ♬ ♩ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♪

RE: Celebration of The Traders [Closed-Recap] - Jancis - 10-22-2014

The pilgrims were heartened and settled quickly, listening to Leanne's song. As the last notes echo-ed in the cavern, a soft clapping followed.

Leanne Delphium takes a deep breath. It seemed like a weight has lifted from her shoulders.

"Lord, please come forward."
"And grace us with your melody to lighten our spirits further this night."

[Image: HHDNphj.jpg]

Vaughn Antain removes the stylized mahogany lapharp from his side, tuning it a moment while looking to Jaques with a smile before plucking it's strings.

♪ ♬ ♩ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♪♪ ♬ ♩ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♪♪ ♬ ♩ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♪♪ ♬ ♩ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♪♪ ♬ ♩ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♪♪ ♬ ♩ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♪♪ ♬ ♩ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♪
[youtube]uuomEfenx_8[/youtube]
♪ ♬ ♩ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♪♪ ♬ ♩ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♪♪ ♬ ♩ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♪♪ ♬ ♩ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♪♪ ♬ ♩ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♪♪ ♬ ♩ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♪♪ ♬ ♩ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♪

"Now to honor us with a story and thoughts, Lord if you will be so kind."

Vaughn Antain looks hesitant before saying, "I would think another would tell better stories, but I shall keep the mood."
Vaughn Antain nods to Chuta Allfriend.

Leanne Delphium smiles. "Lemme accompany you, Mr. Vaughn."

Chuta Allfriend points to himself and looks around. "This humble servant? Oh, alright. I guess if'n you need a story, I can think of one."

[Image: AVgK2SQ.jpg]

"Show'a hand for the music, hm? I know it takes a bit of doin' to keep on keepin' on while someone else rambles, hm?"

Chuta Allfriend grins. "Rough crowd tonight. Tha's alright thought. I've got a story to the beginning of everything we think we sort of know, somethin' that goes way back to the Twelve when they were still figurin' out they weren't thirteen."

⌘⌘⌘

"Now, I wasn't born in the visage of Nald OR Thal, and it's worth mentionin'. They're not one person, but two aspects. Course, back when the Twelve first realized they were somethin' else, no one recognized it."
 "Rhalgr rose up and spoke loudest. 'I'm Rhalgr, and my enemies are destroyed!' An' course, besides him, Halone spoke up. She IS the Fury, afterall."
⌘⌘⌘
 "An' so the Twelve," he said, whispering in a stage aside behind his hand, "though they were really Thirteen, then, they decided to show off and figure out who was the greatest amongst 'em all."
 Now, Nald and Thal were simple traders. They were learned of coins and commerce, an' they knew that those sorts of things didn't interested most anyone."
 "So they proposed to their fellow Twelve. 'How's about we have a show to show who's the greatest?' And their peers answered, lining up to show off to everyone else how great they were.
⌘⌘⌘
 "First in line was Halone, and Nald stopped her before making her claim. 'Let us hold your spears, so you might be unburdened.' And she did, and then she spoke to the People how she might save them. Nald, however, just handed the spears to Thal."
 "Behind her was  Menphina, and before letting her speak Nald asked for her skillet. And while she spoke of how she might tend the People, Thal placed her skillet away for safe-keeping."
 "So and so they went. Thaliak left his books. Nymeia, her wave. Llymelan left her harpoon, and Oschon his staff."
 "Bryegot left his hammer and Rhalgr his staff,  Azeyma her fan. Nophica's scythe remained behind, and Althyk left his greataxe."
 "Finally, Nald and Thal wheeled out a collection of their peers' greatest gifts ans symbols and beseeched the people. "Though we may be but simply traders," they said, " Look upon our works, and see that all powerful must offer payment before being free to speak."
⌘⌘⌘
 "Nald and Thal, brothers true and happiest when working together, showed that day that despite someone's worth, despite their wisdom, despite their might... All must pay their tribute to the Traders. And so it has been hence forth, for no one thinks to outwit those who have tricked the Twelve."
 "Be mindful of your gil, friends." He smiles, looking about the crowd. "You all know where portions of it are due."
⌘⌘⌘
Chuta Allfriend bows.

RE: Celebration of The Traders [Closed-Recap] - Jancis - 10-23-2014

More pilgrims arrived, ushered in by the guards who watched both the tunnel and the people within. Their presence gave the pilgrims peace. 

One was fatigued, making it despite his own troubles, though at times a yawn could be heard coming from him now and then in the lull. But still he watched the door.

The tallest of the guards watched the door, a strong presence to see with the tired pilgrims who caught up to make the event. Stoic and absently intimidating, he proved kindness as well, welcoming all to come in and not linger in the back as if punished.

The two other guards watched over the scene and the performances. One a lady, her red hair trying to escape her helm and clearly use to standing in one place to watch people. Though attentive, her demeanor was serene. And the other guard, a miqo'te with a disarming smile only anchored in the fact that this was a safe place. This was a place to reflect and worship without fears.

The two bards continued to play the melodic music. Introductions were kept short and Chuta with his grin said his thank yous as Garryson stepped up to share his words.

[Image: 1dZJDNt.jpg]

"It is an honor and a privilege 'ta stand before ya today. My name is Garryson Shipkeeper, founder of the XI:7 corporation. We are 'ere 'ta honor one of the Twelve, and whenever we speak of the gods, there is a certain amount 'ta faith involved. That is what I'd like 'ta speak to you about today. To me, the essence of faith can be explained with three simple words: "But if not."
⌘⌘⌘
 These words were taught 'ta me by me 'ol Cap'n when I was a younger lad. While I was with 'im, he reflected often on our relationship with the gods. He had a faith... an assurance, that we admired. He was utterly convinced there was somethin' greater than each of us as individuals.
⌘⌘⌘
 "Cap'n's final days taught me how 'ta believe despite the world around us. Cap'n had a price put on 'is head, and we were hunted. Through the thick of it all, 'e never lost 'is faith. He always told us that the gods would bless us, but if they didn't... we would fight anyway. To 'im, faith was not waitin' fer a miracle 'ta prove somethin' to us. It was livin' yer life with confidence, and becomin' better each day.
⌘⌘⌘
 "We're told stories of the gods walkin' among men in ages long past. Whether they're true or not... its hard 'ta tell. The gods might be real. They might not. I think what is more important is how we lead our lives. This is the age of man. We do not study the divine 'ta mimic what they do. Rather... we study them 'ta become what they are.
⌘⌘⌘
 "I, for one, hope that Thal was waitin' 'ta meet my mother. I hope Da had someone 'ta guide him. I hope that me crew dined with him, and told stories of our times together. I hope and pray that everyone has a chance 'ta rest in the life 'ta come.
⌘⌘⌘
 "But if not... I hope you all still live yer lives with confidence. Believe in somethin' larger than yerself. We live in a realm full 'a death and corruption. We barely held on after the Calamity, and it is going 'ta take more than a few good men 'ta rebuild our realm into somethin' truly great. See past yerselves and envision a realm where our children can live confidently.
⌘⌘⌘
 "I thank you fer lettin' me speak with you today. I pray that the Twelve guide each of you as yer stories are written. I look forward 'ta the day we may finally put down our weapons, and tell our stories.
[Image: MJyV9jg.jpg]

RE: Celebration of The Traders [Closed-Recap] - Jancis - 10-24-2014

The music played on and Xenedra stepped up in front of all the pilgrims, with little introduction, her bold movements expressing her story with much ferver.

[Image: szTprYU.jpg]

My tale both ends and begins here in a manner of speaking.
 Not far southwest of here, long ago, lived a pair of brothers. They were farmers, aldgoat herds specifically, and the only thing they loved more than their flock was each other.
 Thanalan has never been lacking in *some* greenery, but we must admit, it can be sparse. Especially when it comes to a herd of hungry aldgoats.
Xenedra Ambreaus grins broadly.
⌘⌘⌘
 So, each day when the brothers rose, they readied themselves for a journey out of the valley in which Halatali used to lie in to either the market to the northwest or to the highlands along the border of the Black Shroud.
 The trip was much more perilous then, drakes and ogres wandered the area along the Burning Wall freely, but the brothers were not without their own defenses. Magic and herder's crooks were their defenses and they used them masterfully, never losing one Nanny or Billy in all their years.
 However, while drakes and ogres aren't known for their strategy, people are, and on one of their routine trips to the Shroud the brother came across an obstacle they'd never met before...

[Image: u7S0hIH.jpg]

Miqo'te, dark and dappled as the wood itself, slunk from the trees and rose up amoungst the aldgoats as if from no where.
Xenedra Ambreaus slinks a circle at the foot of the "stage."
 They STRUCK the beasts-!
Xenedra Ambreaus stabs her empty fist in three quick motions in the air in front of her.
 -felling three before the brothers were even aware of their presense, and another still, before the pair were able to fight back.
 The battle was brief, resulting in seven dead from the flock and the rest scattered. The Miqo'te slithered back into the woods, their pray dragged along behind them, leaving only the defeated brothers.
⌘⌘⌘
 Adding insult to injury, a harsh wind picked up and pelted them with sand.
Xenedra Ambreaus lifts her arms to block the would-be sandstorm.
 They dragged themselves to their feet and hobbled Northward in search of shelter. It didn't take them long before they found a narrow path in the cliff face and they followed it to a cave, dim and chilling, but none-the-less sheltering.
Xenedra Ambreaus looks around a bit obviously.
Xenedra Ambreaus flops to the ground without grace.

[Image: 1zbHD6c.jpg]

As a unit, they sunk to the floor, exhausted, but one sunk further, more stiffly, more drained. His sibling, urged on by panic, flew to his knees at the fallen's side and at last saw the damage the raiding clan had done.
 His brother was slit shoulder to hip, an ugly red gash still steadily seeping the first's life blood...
 For the next several minutes, one brother tried desperately to save the other with his limited medical knowledge, only to watch him fade and die.
 Numbness overtook him and he simply sat and stared at the person that had meant the most to him in all the world.
Xenedra Ambreaus gazes off blankly into the distance.
 Time passed, an eternity to the one left behind. Footsteps echoed softly and stopped in front of the brothers' forms, waiting patiently.
 Then  NOT so patiently.
⌘⌘⌘
Xenedra Ambreaus gets to her feet, dusts herself off and snaps brusquely to the spot on the floor where she'd been. "Mortal, I haven't the time for you to wallow in your sorrows. Say your goodbyes so that I may go."
 Confused, the remaining brother lifted his head to take in what his soul told him must be the visage of Nymeia.
 In those days, not only was Nymeia the purveyor of all things celestial and determiner of fate, she also had to handle all the matters of the underworld. Needless to say, she was a very busy woman with very little patience.
Xenedra Ambreaus holds up a hand, pinching a tiny bit of patience between her thumb and forefinger.
 Stunned, the brother could say nothing to the Goddess and her patience grew even thinner.
 "I do not have time for this."
Xenedra Ambreaus informs the crowd curtly and turns on her heel. "I will return in a day's time. Prepare your brother and say your goodbyes or you will doom his soul to remain here." She marches off a few steps, then turns back.
 And with that, she was gone.

[Image: Jt5VwCB.jpg]

The remaining brother did as the Goddess bid him, all the while turning her words over in his head. When she returned the next day and approached his brother, he barred her path. Her expression grew dark.
Xenedra Ambreaus clasps her hands together, begging.
 "Please, My Lady Fate, hear me out before you go. I know your time is precious, but I will be brief. It is clear to me that you barely have enough time to see to all the duties that the Heavens have placed upon your shoulders. Yesterday I lost everything precious to me in life. Let me offer my service to you. Let me take the burden of collecting and guiding soul to the underworld."
⌘⌘⌘
 The proposition gave the Goddess pause. Her eye grew wide with recognition.
Xenedra Ambreaus widens her eyes in a similar expression, though she is grinning.
 "What makes you think you're capable, mortal..?" she asked, curiousity and a little something more apparent in her voice... Hope? Excitement?
 "I have been a goatherd all my life, my Lady. I have the skills to tend a flock."
 She Who Knows Fate watched the goatherd for a while, saw him for what he was and nodded. "It would seem that you were made for this task, Brother. But the Heavens know you cannot follow this path alone-"
 "My Lady-!"
 She arched a brow at him and he was silenced.
⌘⌘⌘
 "Another must aid you in your task for all the days to come and beyond. Who would you name?"
 The brother looked solemnly at the still form at his feet. "I would name my brother."
 Nymeia smiled a knowing smile and nodded. "So it shall be."
 And the fallen brother was made to rise again.
Xenedra Ambreaus lifts one hand from the floor toward the ceiling, following it with her eyes.
 The Goddess continued as the brothers held one another and wept at their unlikely reunion. "You must be an example to the people of this land, our flock, in all matters of commerce and guide them when the time comes to their final rests. As one you will be a balance in this world. I welcome you, Nald, Thal."
⌘⌘⌘
 And so their story begins.
Xenedra Ambreaus drops a curtsy.

RE: Celebration of The Traders [Closed-Recap] - Jancis - 10-24-2014

"Our stories are done for this eve. All of our stories, our trades in life, our trades in death. Those dearly departed from us. You are all welcome to bring your stories to us up here and share them as you wish or speak among yourselves. Your pilgrimage is complete."

Sigurd Rainecourt: Please, come forward if you wish to say some words. It is said prayers can still be heard in Thal's halls. It is also said that offerings to Thal will help secure comfort in the afterlife.
Reinette Sompt: "To those who wish to share memories and tales, I shall be to this here the eastern portion of the cavern."

Sigurd Rainecourt: "I shall take the west. I have set up a place for offerings."

[Image: i1YbcCW.png]

Sounsyy Mirke kneels before Sigurd Rainecourt.
Sounsyy Mirke with a bowed head, Sounsyy withdraws a coinpurse and deposits a medium sum. One coin for each of her dead. She gives a bow of her head, mutters a few words under her breath, and retreats to reflect.
Sigurd Rainecourt holds out the bowl for her offerings.
Sigurd Rainecourt: May your loved ones find comfort among Thal's halls.
Sigurd Rainecourt: May you have fortune in this life and the next.

⌘⌘⌘

Coatleque Crofte clears her throat.
Coatleque Crofte bows slightly to Kale.  "If you would excuse me for a moment."
Coatleque Crofte quietly places a small pouch into the offering bowl.
Coatleque Crofte: "Thank you for your devotion in this."
Coatleque Crofte bows courteously to Sigurd Rainecourt.

⌘⌘⌘

Edda Eglantine approaches rather slowly, a set of old coins with hollowed centers wrapped around her wrist. "If you'd be so kind, sir, please say a prayer for my brother." She bows her head for a long moment.
Sigurd Rainecourt holds out the offering bowl. "I am certain Thal will hear your prayers for your brother."
Edda Eglantine drops the string of coins within with some hesitation, before smiling. "Thank you, truly. May the Twelve ever guide your steps."
Sigurd Rainecourt: Nald'thal guide you in this life and the next.

⌘⌘⌘

Memeli Meli holds out some gil coins to leave as offering, aiming to place them in Siggy's little plate thing.
Sigurd Rainecourt kneels down to offer the plate for her.

⌘⌘⌘

Annunu Nunu holds out a pouch full of gil.  "Please offer prayers for the safety of Chuta Allfriend, and be my intercessor with the Merchants in this matter."
Sigurd Rainecourt: May he have a comfortable passage into Thal's halls.
Sigurd Rainecourt: And may Nald bring him fortune.
Annunu Nunu: Hopefully no time soon, o holy one.
Annunu Nunu bows courteously to Sigurd Rainecourt.

⌘⌘⌘

Annouille Andouillant blinks some more in confusion, then steps forward to speak with Sigurd.
Sigurd Rainecourt: Glad you could make it, Annie.
Annouille Andouillant: "Thank you. It was... comforting."
Sigurd Rainecourt: I'm glad you felt so.
Sigurd Rainecourt: Do you wish to offer prayers for someone or for yourself?
Annouille Andouillant shifts awkwardly. "I confess that... I am unfamiliar with... customs. I wanted to offer a prayer but I do not wish to act offensively..."
Annouille Andouillant: Can I pray for those who have already passed?
Sigurd Rainecourt: It is said that Thal's halls are lined with gold. Fortune in one's life can bring comfort afterward. Gil is customary, but Thal will hear prayers regardless.
Annouille Andouillant nods slowly. "I see."
Sigurd Rainecourt: If you wish to pray for good fortune in life, offer your prayers to Nald. If you wish to pray for the dead or to secure your comfort in Thal's halls, Pray to Thal.
Annouille Andouillant: Thank you.

⌘⌘⌘

Guillaume Rigolant peeks over Kale's shoulder.
Guillaume Rigolant: ... "Lo.
Kale Aideron is annoyed with Guillaume Rigolant.
Sigurd Rainecourt: If you wish to pray for fortune in life, then you pray to Nald. If you wish to pray for passage into the next, then you pray to Thal.
Kale Aideron: Oi...
Sigurd Rainecourt: Gill, what are you doing?
Guillaume Rigolant beams with delight at Kale Aideron.
Guillaume Rigolant: Waitin'.
Kale Aideron raises his palm slowly, and geeently places it on Guillaume's chest. He firmly but sloooowly pushes him away from him.
Guillaume Rigolant 's frown grows as he's pushed back.
Sigurd Rainecourt: You can come forward and make an offering or speak prayers if you like. You don't need to hide behind people.
Kale Aideron grunts, "Er...Nald, then..."
Kale Aideron: I 'ave...a 'undred gil to offer?
Guillaume Rigolant perks up at the mention of gil.
Sigurd Rainecourt holds out an offering bowl. "Certainly. Do you wish to pray for yourself or someone in particular?"
Kale Aideron puts around his sword belt, finding his gil pouch. He plucks it off and drops the whole thing into the offering bowl, "Erm...myself..."
Kale Aideron looks down at his feet for a moment, not wishing to draw attention to himeslf over that particular detail.
Sigurd Rainecourt: May you have good fortune in this life and comfort in the next. Nald'thal grant you fortune.
Kale Aideron is not familiar with religious ceremony. He just stands there for an extra second or three, "Ah, that's it?"
Sigurd Rainecourt: Unless you wished to say a few words. (sorry I missed that at first)
Sigurd Rainecourt: it is said that your soul will be weighed by gil in the halls of Thal. Gil will secure comfort in the afterlife and offer you good fortune in life.
Kale Aideron seemed to have interpreted Sigurd's role as some sort of fortuneteller. He realizes this, and smiles politely, shaking his head, "No...thank you for the blessin', sir..."
Sigurd Rainecourt isn't anything like the sort. Sorry to disappoint. "May Nald'thal bring you fortune."
Kale Aideron bows courteously to Sigurd Rainecourt.
Kale Aideron gently pats Eskandar.
Kale Aideron returns, blinking a bit at the experience of having his prayer, "Well, 'opefully that 'undred gil goes somewhere..."
Kale Aideron lets his attention drift back to Eskandar, not wanting to intrude on the conversation, "I should 'ave you wait outside..."

⌘⌘⌘

T'ahl Tia: ..I have a question.
Sigurd Rainecourt: Certainly.
T'ahl Tia: The offerings. What are they used for? You.. do not really use them to line temple walls, do you..?
Sigurd Rainecourt: Certainly not. That would be misusing offerings.
T'ahl Tia nods. "Then, you do something useful with it?"
Sigurd Rainecourt: Certainly no offerings are wasted. Everything is used to properly honor Nald'thal so that those prayers for fortune will be answered.
T'ahl Tia: That does not mean polishing them, though, right? This is near Ul'dah, so--
Sigurd Rainecourt: The Order of Nald'thal has no connections with the monetarists, if that's what you mean.
T'ahl Tia nods, looking somewhat relieved. "That was a worry."
Sigurd Rainecourt: The Order is independent. I was concerned about that at first too.
T'ahl Tia: It is sort of.. I mean. It is Ul'dah, so-- it is easy to wonder? I suppose.
Sigurd Rainecourt: I've lived in Thanalan all my life. It's always a concern. But now that I work closely with the Ossuary, I don't worry about it anymore.
T'ahl Tia:  I mean, there is a certain reputation, so, it is not out of the realm of-- so. I am glad to hear, that. It is not.
T'ahl Tia nods. "I lived here a few years. It sort of put me on edge."
T'ahl Tia blinks. "Right! I should leave an offering, then--" He carefully places the gil while saying a short prayer.
Sigurd Rainecourt: I consider myself a loyalist, personally, but I haven't really run into much trouble with the monetarists. Pay my taxes, follow the laws, offer my prayers.
Sigurd Rainecourt holds out the offering bowl. "Pray to Nald for fortune in life and Nald for comfort in the next"
T'ahl Tia: They will not mind it, will they, if you pray for comfort for animals..?
Sigurd Rainecourt: I see no reason they would.
T'ahl Tia nods. "Good. This-- do you do this often? I mean, holding ceremonies here?"
Sigurd Rainecourt: It is the first time, but I hope we'll have more. Jancis might know more since she organized the whole thing.
T'ahl Tia beams. "I hope so, too. I would come. It was-- comforting."
Sigurd Rainecourt: She's across the room in a red and black robe with a red cane.
T'ahl Tia looks over his shoulder. "I should thank her, then. Thank you, for-- taking your time."
Sigurd Rainecourt: Certainly. I'm happy to help people and their loved ones.
T'ahl Tia: ..Does tapirs count as loved ones, in your mind?
Sigurd Rainecourt: I'd think so. I know some who love their pets as much as one might love a child.
T'ahl Tia nods. "She is more family than a pet, really, so."
T'ahl Tia: Thank you. I should go voer there and-- thank some more people?
T'ahl Tia has poor social skills, and sort of wanders off.
Sigurd Rainecourt: Go well and may Nald'thal grant you fortune.

Sigurd Rainecourt places the remaining offerings in the jar and offers more prayers for all those who prayed.

RE: Celebration of The Traders [Closed-Recap] - Jancis - 10-28-2014

[Image: tTyXpI6.jpg]

Sigurd Rainecourt: That was a lovely story.
Xenedra Ambreaus: It was *you* who asked if I'd heard a different version, yes?
Xenedra Ambreaus: And thanks.
Xenedra Ambreaus smiles at Sigurd Rainecourt.
Sigurd Rainecourt: It was me, yes. I'd heard mention of another version, but I'm not to familiar with any version to be honest.
Xenedra Ambreaus: Ah. I was hoping to hear it~
Sigurd Rainecourt: Reinette might know. She had made mention of it.
Xenedra Ambreaus nods to Sigurd Rainecourt.
Xenedra Ambreaus: I'll~ go ask. Thanks.
Xenedra Ambreaus bows courteously to Sigurd Rainecourt.
Sigurd Rainecourt: Certainly.
L'aenoh Tia turns, tail freezing in place upon catching sight of Xenedra. He nods to them both and takes the pouch and the handful of shells and wanders off to his own little quiet corner for his prayer.
Reinette Sompt inclines her head to Xenedra.
Xenedra Ambreaus smiles at Reinette Sompt.
Reinette Sompt: Is there any service I may offer to you, Madame? I am hear to listen to the stories, or offer advise in the ways of giving to Nald'thal.
Xenedra Ambreaus: Hey, Sigurd said you'd be the one to ask about an alternate version of the story I told?
Reinette Sompt: Ah, yes. My grandmam told me one different than that.
Xenedra Ambreaus: I'd love to hear it- if you don't have time now, though, maybe you could write it down for me..?
Reinette Sompt: Ah, I could absolutely speak of it now. It is fitting, after all.
Xenedra Ambreaus: Great~
Reinette Sompt: She told me, in days of old, Nymeia would often cross between stars and mortal plane. She was the weaver of all things, and oft found herself living amongst those whom she wove for. Yet, she could not  watch them from her heavenly body if she walked the planes beside them. So, she spoke then to Althyk. He who creates change.
Xenedra Ambreaus listens intently, ears perks forward, a cheerful expression on her face.
Reinette Sompt: Althyk told her, there must be a way for change and fate to entwine and become one. For her to keep her seat above, and see all that happens. He proposed Nald. She, however, wished for one to carry out that which she dictated and bring the ends of fate. She spoke of Thal. They argued long and bitterly, both forming images and shapes of the new god. It was Menphina who approached and told them, both Nald and Thal were to exist together. As the same image, and as opposites. A coin, so to speak.
Reinette Sompt: Both sides heads. And thus, the images of Nald'thal became one. Twins born of need and desire, of trade and end, to allow Nymeia her time in the heavens.
Xenedra Ambreaus: Huh~
Xenedra Ambreaus: I suppose it make sense...
Reinette Sompt: Very different than the tale you told, I admit. I almost enjoy your version better.
Reinette Sompt: Thinking of the Twelve as once mortal is, in its own way, a comfort.
Xenedra Ambreaus: It's got the Nymeia element in common, though. That tickles me a bit~
Reinette Sompt: All tales must have a strand of truth, do you not think? Perhaps she truly did birth Nald'thal.
Xenedra Ambreaus: Nothing I've ever read says directly that. They almost seem to appear out of nowhere- with the exception of being brothers with Oschon.
Reinette Sompt: The Twelve are bound together, all in some way. It'd be interesting to find new information of such old tales, but I've little hopes of it. So much has already been lost.
Xenedra Ambreaus: Aaah, you're sadly so correct...
Xenedra Ambreaus looks away from Reinette Sompt, sulking.
Reinette Sompt smiles almost wryly. "Does not mean we should stop looking, however. Should Nald'thal acknowledge our efforts... we could perhaps be rewarded."
Xenedra Ambreaus laughs at Reinette Sompt.
Xenedra Ambreaus: Wouldn't that be fun~
Reinette Sompt reaches into a pocket, offering Xenedra a few shells. "We have all lost in these recent cycles. Take these, so those you love may rest in ease."
Xenedra Ambreaus blinks at the shells in her palm before looking back up with a smile. "Thank you again for sharing that version."
Reinette Sompt: It is my pleasure. In the Shroud, we had little more entertainment than sharing tales. I've plenty to give.
Xenedra Ambreaus: Be careful, I may hunt you down for more~
Xenedra Ambreaus bids farewell to Reinette Sompt.
Reinette Sompt takes the empty pouch. "That would please me, Madame. I hope to see you again."
Xenedra Ambreaus smiles at Reinette Sompt.
Reinette Sompt places the empty pouch in her belt once more.
You smile at Xenedra Ambreaus.
Xenedra Ambreaus: Just letting you know I'm headed out. Thanks for the fun.
Jancis Milburga: "Lady your story was incredible. Thank you for sharing and staying so long. Pray be safe."
Xenedra Ambreaus: Thank you for enjoying it~
Xenedra Ambreaus bows courteously to you.
Xenedra Ambreaus: G'bye~
Edda Eglantine bows to the stranger. "Thank you for the lovely tale!"
Xenedra Ambreaus smiles at Edda Eglantine.
Xenedra Ambreaus: Thank you as well~

⌘⌘⌘

Otto Vann: "Cortana did you have anything to share with a prayer or something?"\
Cortana Affranto: "Eh? N-No sir, I didn't"
Reinette Sompt: Monsieur Vann, and mademoiselle.
Otto Vann: "Good evening again my dear.  I'm wondering what someone like me does to 'pray' or make an offering for departed ones"
Reinette Sompt: Both are perfectly acceptable. Like the gates behind me, the way to Thal's halls are there but yet unopened to us. So it is easy to be that those beyond will hear our wishes and memories. Leaving shells for them, and sharing their tales amongst others will ease their ways in the next life.
Otto Vann sighs for a moment, listening to her "Very well then, next time perhaps I shall be more prudent and bring shells like you said.  Forgive me" he says with a reluctant bow.
Reinette Sompt reaches into a pouch at her side. She pulls out a few of the small shells to hand out to Otto Vann.
Reinette Sompt: We have all lost in the harshness of the Calamity. In the face of it, death is as much a part of living as any other aspect. It is easy to forget that, when it is paired with loss.
Otto Vann accepts the shells from Reinette, holding them in his hand as he rubs them between his thumb and fingers "What do I do with them?"
Reinette Sompt: Hold them, and pray for whoever is lost to you. Then place them amongst the water to rest, as you wish for your loved ones to rest. It is simple, easy. Speak the words that have burdened your heart.
Otto Vann regards Reinette with a smile, sad but composure kept "Very well.  Thank you for taking the time to speak with me.  Forgive me I should let others have a chance to speak with you.  "
Otto Vann: "I will....do my best"
Reinette Sompt: Please, it is a blessing to be able to help you. I am sorry for any heartache you've experienced, but I am sure many here would relate.
Otto Vann: "Good day Reinette, a pleasure to see you again.  Thank you"
Reinette Sompt: Twelve bless, monsieur Vann.

⌘⌘⌘

L'aenoh Tia: "...Yeah, there're some I've lost. I don't-- ..do I just tell you about them or give you money? I'm unsure."
Reinette Sompt reaches into a pouch at her side, bringing out small shells to hand to L'aenoh. "Take these. Hold them to your breast and speak the words of your heart to this loved one you lost. They shall hear, as Thal shall ensure so. Then you place the shells back to where they rest in the bed of the water below, as your loved ones now rest too." She gestures to the water around them at that.
L'aenoh Tia looks up at Reinette then down at the shells. Back up at Reinette. ".. I'm going to need a lot more shells for this."
Reinette Sompt nods solemnly. She takes the pouch and hands it to L'aenoh, looking solemn. "As many as you need, dear friend."
L'aenoh Tia takes both the pouch and the offered shells with a gentle dip of his head. "Thanks. So do-- am I supposed to speak these words aloud or can I keep silent?"
Reinette Sompt: Whichever makes you easiest, monsieur. Should it ease your soul for the living to hear, then it would do well. If it is between you and those in Thal's halls, then let it be.
L'aenoh Tia turns, tail freezing in place upon catching sight of Xenedra. He nods to them both and takes the pouch and the handful of shells and wanders off to his own little quiet corner for his prayer.
L'aenoh Tia murmurs to himself for quite a while and submerges each shell individually, one beside the other in a neat little row. He does this until roughly fifty or so are laid underneath the water's surface.
L'aenoh Tia scratches his neck once the pouch is emptied then pulls himself to a stand and returns to Reinette's side. "I'm done. Here, take your pouch. S'yours."
Xenedra Ambreaus: I'll let L'ae here back in.
Xenedra Ambreaus nods to L'aenoh Tia.
L'aenoh Tia: "I'll be nearby if needed."

⌘⌘⌘

Jancis Milburga: "Thank you for helping."
Reinette Sompt: Have you any prayers yourself, mademoiselle Milburga? --Ah? No, do not thank me.
Jancis Milburga: "Mayhaps another night. Dare say I am exhausted."
Reinette Sompt nods, smiling. She grabs a couple shells from her pocket and hands it to Jancis, "Here, for later."
Jancis Milburga smiles gratefully and nods.

⌘⌘⌘

Reinette Sompt approaches J'irachi, pulling out a few cowry shells and holding them to him. "If you wish to make an offering to Nald'thal, these are traditional."
J'irachi Vashyr blinked holding out his hand to the Elezen woman. "Oh, thank you."
Reinette Sompt: You are most welcome. Twelve guide your way, monsieur.

⌘⌘⌘

Reinette Sompt: Hello again, mon cher.
Sigurd Rainecourt: Hello again.
Reinette Sompt: Did all go well on your end?
Sigurd Rainecourt: It did. A lot of people made offerings for themselves and for loved ones.
Sigurd Rainecourt: I'm usually the one praying. It's nice to help others as well.
Reinette Sompt: I noticed you sent the bard madame over my way.
Sigurd Rainecourt: Xenedra? Yes, she overheard me mentioning an alternate version of the story.
Reinette Sompt: Are you thinking of returning any time soon?
Sigurd Rainecourt: Considering getting something to eat, probably at the Bismark.
Reinette Sompt: Ah, that sounds delicious. Moreso than the meal I had not yet planned out at home. Would you mind if I joined you?
Sigurd Rainecourt: You didn't have anything planned, did you?
Reinette Sompt: Nay, I did not. It'd please me to fill the time with your company.
Sigurd Rainecourt: Certainly. We haven't spent much time together since research and the Ossuary stolen my attention away from you.
Reinette Sompt smiles, leaning over to kiss his cheek. "Then this we must remedy."
Sigurd Rainecourt: How could I possibly say no to that?
Reinette Sompt: That, I'd hope, would be the point.
Sigurd Rainecourt: Do you want to invite friends or just the two of us?
Reinette Sompt: I would not mind inviting others. It's a night of celebration, after all.

⌘⌘⌘

Iron Sea drops down to his knees hard, drawing in a ragged breathe before lowering down to cover his head in his arms, sobbing softly as he closed his eyes and prayed.
Viral Light looks around.
Viral Light: "You're in red."
Viral Light points at Iron Sea.
Reinette Sompt: Indeed I am. Have you need of aid, mademoiselle?
Viral Light: "That one, over there."
Viral Light: "His words need to travel where mortal voices can't reach."
Viral Light: "And I don't know what the custom is, but I have Gil."
Reinette Sompt: Gil is not necessary, but I shall do my best.
Sigurd Rainecourt: Customary but not necessary
Viral Light: "Sorry for interrupting, I'll have her back to you in a short bit!"
Sigurd Rainecourt: Not a problem. We're happy to help.
Viral Light nods to Sigurd Rainecourt.
Reinette Sompt walks over, gently setting a hand on Iron Sea's shoulder. "Monsieur," she says softly, "I hear you are in distress and need to commune with Nald'thal."
Iron Sea had never been a man of faith, it would figure on the night he chose to come to this place, he would be hit so hard. He barely noticed the other step up beside him, as he mumbled softly into his arms, sleeve damp with tears.
Viral Light: "You seem important, so I'll stop bothering you."
Sigurd Rainecourt: Not a bother at all.
Iron Sea: "W...what can I even say....? I just want ..her to know I'm sorry...."
Viral Light: "Since it's not a bother...what is the custom?"
Sigurd Rainecourt: Gil is often the custom for offerings, though prayers are heard without it. Nald answers prayers for fortune of the living while Thal answers prayers for comfort of the dead.
Reinette Sompt reaches into her pocket, giving to him a small handful of cowry shells. "Hold these gently. Tell her your apologies, your burdens. Give to her all she needs to rest with ease, and Thal shall ensure she hears."
Viral Light: "Alright. I'll rephrase. What is the customary donation of gil for..whatever this is?"
Sigurd Rainecourt: Whatever you have to give.
Viral Light gazes upon Sigurd Rainecourt in deep reflection.
Iron Sea trembled as he reached out to take those shells. He stared at how small these looked in his palm. Iron was never shown as a weak man, far from it...yet his lips trembled as he closed his hand around them, and lowered his head to rest that fist to his lip "Nat......I'm sorry.....I'm so sorry you went alone.....that I didn't go with you....That I didn't stop you...."
Sigurd Rainecourt: There are often donation jars at the altars out in Thanalan and even within the city itself. I have one set up on the west side over there, but there are others about the place.
Reinette Sompt keeps her burnt hand resting on Iron Sea's shoulder, nodding along with his words. "Say all that is in your heart. Give to her all you did not say before."
Viral Light takes out a red pouch, and hands it to Sigurd Rainecourt. The pouch isn't light.
Sigurd Rainecourt takes the offered bag with a bow. "You can say a prayer out loud if you wish or silently, for yourself or for someone important to you."
Viral Light: "It's not for me."
Iron Sea her hand on his shoulder only made the tears well up in his eyes more. Her coaxing of his words letting him speak the secrets they had kept behind the doors of the place they called home " You...were the only person who really understood me...I wish..I'd been public with my love....that I coulda shared life with you....."Iron clenched his teeth hard grinding them together. "I don't want to be here without you.."
Viral Light: "Do with it as you will."
Viral Light rests a hand on Iron Sea's large shoulder.
Jancis Milburga beams at Vaughn before hearing the loud sobs from the alter. "Oh, Thaliak's Grace..."
Viral Light: "Finish what you came here to do."
Jancis Milburga: "Ah, pray excuse me. Have a good night. Be safe. I shall hopefully cross paths with you both soon."
Reinette Sompt gives an expression of empathy. "Now offer the shells to Thal, so he may carry your heart's thoughts to Nat where she rests. And when you meet her next, she will know your love and will offer love in return."
J'irachi Vashyr 's ears twitched at the crying behind him turning to watch Jancis approach.
Viral Light shushes Jancis Milburga.
Viral Light: "He's busy."
Otto Vann kneels and leans to be close to Iron just watching him.
Jancis Milburga nods, keeping her distance.
Viral Light whispers to Jancis Milburga.
Iron Sea clenched his fists tighter...he didn't want to let them go. Utterly surrounded now, he felt completely alone. Iron sighed deeply, choking back a sob before opening his hand and placing the shells down upon the altar..."

[Image: S33U4Gt.jpg]

RE: Celebration of The Traders [Closed-Recap] - Jancis - 10-28-2014

[Image: 1zbHD6c.jpg]

Xenedra Ambreaus: You heard a different version?
Garryson Shipkeeper: I'm sorry?
Xenedra Ambreaus: It was you, wasn't it? Who asked me that question?
Garryson Shipkeeper: I'm not sure what question yer referrin' to, lass. I haven't said a thing.
Xenedra Ambreaus: Ah, my mistake.
Xenedra Ambreaus: Your speech was nice.
Garryson Shipkeeper chuckles with a smile. "Hope y'find 'em, though. And thank you. I enjoyed yer story. Tonight has been enjoyable."
Xenedra Ambreaus tips her hat. "Thanks and thanks again. See you."
Garryson Shipkeeper: Twelve guide ya.

⌘⌘⌘

Xenedra Ambreaus tweaks L'aenoh's nose.
L'aenoh Tia stares down at Xenedra cross-eyed as soon as his nose is grabbed and promptly tweaked. "Hello to you too, Red. How's it been?"
Xenedra Ambreaus: Not bad. Enjoy yourself?
L'aenoh Tia: "I.. definitely enjoyed myself quite a bit more than I thought I would. To be honest? I thought I'd fall asleep when I heard about what was goin' to happen..never really followed all this." He rolls his shoulders, moving to bat the woman's hand away. "The stories and song were nice though. I was pleasantly surprised."
Xenedra Ambreaus grins and retreats a step.
Xenedra Ambreaus: How 'bout mine?
L'aenoh Tia idly rubs the tip of his nose while his good ear wiggles in place. "I was including yours in all that. I bet you had to practice in front of a mirror."
Xenedra Ambreaus: No, that's the first time I've told that.
Xenedra Ambreaus laughs at L'aenoh Tia.
L'aenoh Tia: "Yeah? Well, you did a good job. I'm not real good at storytelling since I just cut to the point as soon as I can. Some people, like you, just have a way with words that I couldn't possibly match."
Xenedra Ambreaus: You're sweet to say so.
Xenedra Ambreaus grins.
L'aenoh Tia: "...No I'm not and don't say that aloud or people'll actually think I'm nice."
Xenedra Ambreaus laughs at L'aenoh Tia.
Xenedra Ambreaus: Sorry, sorry. It won't happen again.
L'aenoh Tia: "I'll forgive you just this once."
L'aenoh Tia: "So where's your better half? Last I saw him was before...the whole Syl exploding thing."
Xenedra Ambreaus: He's indisposed on a guard job.
Xenedra Ambreaus: I thought he'd be free by now, but.. guess not.
Xenedra Ambreaus: Syl exploded?
L'aenoh Tia: "That's what I heard. Or, rather, something that looked like Syl.. I don't know. It's all just stuff I've overheard from other people at the house. I can hardly keep track of what goes on half the time."
Xenedra Ambreaus: Oh- ... right... that whole... right...
Xenedra Ambreaus coughs.
L'aenoh Tia: "...okay so you know what I'm talkin' about then."
Xenedra Ambreaus: I do~
L'aenoh Tia: "Anyroad.. what else you been getting yourself into? I've not spoken to you in a moon or more now."
Xenedra Ambreaus: Oh~ more of the same~
Xenedra Ambreaus: Exploding weirdos and that kind of thing...
L'aenoh Tia: "..getting people drunk and turning their hair pin--"
L'aenoh Tia: "..or that."
Xenedra Ambreaus: Hair pin~?
Xenedra Ambreaus: Oh, PINK!
Xenedra Ambreaus: I've been overly nice recently... Letting people skip out on the drinking part of drinking games. I should toughen up~
L'aenoh Tia: "..heh. Yeah. You an' your drinking games. That reminds me, Red, you should stop by the house sometime. I've come up with a drink for you to try."
Memeli Meli: Eh? Wuzzit about pink hair?
Xenedra Ambreaus: There was a drinking game we played where almost everyone had pink hair... Memeli?
Xenedra Ambreaus nods to L'aenoh Tia.
L'aenoh Tia: "The Memeli thing was..your doing?"
Memeli Meli nods at Xenedra. "Oohh! That's the best punishment ever! Nyahahaha! A sea of pink!"
Xenedra Ambreaus: D'wha~?
L'aenoh Tia: "..why did you bring up Memeli just now?" He tips himself forward, narrowing his eye. "What did you /do/?"
Xenedra Ambreaus: Behind you.
L'aenoh Tia: "Buh?"
Memeli Meli: Ooiiii, suspicious cat.
Xenedra Ambreaus: It- he..? They.. I thought it was Memeli.
L'aenoh Tia: "...it -is-."
Memeli Meli: Why you so surprised? We walked here together!
Xenedra Ambreaus: ... Something is off.
L'aenoh Tia: "I thought you were with your boyfriend. Girlfriend? Significant other. I don't know..all you lalafell look the same to me."
***Fade to Pink (I walked off)

[Image: qG9BBvt.jpg]

A'reiel Mahsa looks up at Garry, beckoning him over with a smile.
A'reiel Mahsa sees that he's talking to someone and sighs a little, then turns to the rest of the group. She looks to Zak curiously, her head tilted.
Y'safi Tia | Zakash eventually lifts his head and runs a hand back through his hair. "I'm fine."
Y'safi Tia | Zak grins a little. "I don't need a prayer leader to show me how to offer my thanks to the Twins for welcoming Kashti to their side."
A'reiel Mahsa gives Garryson Shipkeeper a big hug.
Garryson Shipkeeper smiles at A'reiel Mahsa.
A'reiel Mahsa smiles happily. "Your speech was amazing, Garry!"
Garryson Shipkeeper: Well, I didn't get boo'd off. Call it a success, eh?
A'reiel Mahsa giggles and shakes her head. "Yours was my favorite."
Garryson Shipkeeper smirk and pets Aireiel's ears. "Well I should hope so."
Y'safi Tia | Zak nods at Garry. "Aye, mine as well. It felt the most... respectful, maybe?"
Garryson Shipkeeper smirks at Zak. "Weird comin' from me, huh?" He nods. "Let's all talk outside. It is a bit stuffy in 'ere."
A'reiel Mahsa nods a bit, looking around the cave in awe.
Leyanna Katheen: we're done now?
Kellach Woods: I... think so?
Kellach Woods closes his eyes and begins to pray.
Kellach Woods stands up, agreeing with Garry.

⌘⌘⌘

Aiouxdaux Beaumont smirks, snaking an arm around Zak's neck, "Like this one is my eye candy, hm?"
Garryson Shipkeeper sighs dramatically. "Noooo~."
A'reiel Mahsa laughs at Garryson Shipkeeper.
Kellach Woods bursts out laughing.
Garryson Shipkeeper: Let's call it a perk.
Y'safi Tia smiles at Aiouxdaux Beaumont.
Jancis Milburga: "Thank you. Thank you all for coming."
Garryson Shipkeeper bows courteously to you.
A'reiel Mahsa smiles sweetly and nods. "Thank you for hosting this."
Kellach Woods bows courteously to you.
Aiouxdaux Beaumont smiles, "Thank you for hosting for us. It was informative."
Y'safi Tia: Aye, it was an interesting evening, to be sure.
Jancis Milburga: "Do you need any cowry shells for prayers? You are very welcome. When the priests asked I was honored to help them with it."
You smile at Garryson Shipkeeper.
Garryson Shipkeeper: Well y'did good, lass. We're proud of ya.
Jancis Milburga: "Thank you. Really it was you and the others who spoke that made it such an evening."
Garryson Shipkeeper: Don't count yerself short. None of us woulda been up there without the groundwork laid fer us.
A'reiel Mahsa nods to you.
Kellach Woods nods to you.
Jancis Milburga: "But we all have so many hardships and battles. Scars both inside and out that I am so grateful to have a calm night. You all look like you know exactly what I speak of. It is, dare say, hard to relax."
Y'safi Tia: Booze helps.
Y'safi Tia | Zak is aiming to get hit.
Garryson Shipkeeper smiles lightly and nods. "Aye. The realm's a dark place. But we make it by somehow."
Jancis Milburga breaks out into laughter, smiling in good humor. "That too!"
Jancis Milburga: "The Quicksand and the inns nearby would be mad if I took all their business."
Garryson Shipkeeper smirks confidently at you.
Jancis Milburga: "Thank you all for coming."
Garryson Shipkeeper bows courteously to you.

RE: Celebration of The Traders [Closed-Recap] - Jancis - 10-29-2014

[Image: M4qWAq8.jpg]

Jancis Milburga: "Sir Aporo."
Koporo Aporo "Miss Jancis."
Jancis Milburga: "I am so happy you came. It is good to have a benevolent presence here."
Koporo Aporo "I spent most o' my life out in the Sagoli...I 'ad no idear Nald'Thal meant so much to th' citizenry."
Jancis Milburga: "Is truly an important part of the Jewel. After the troubles of late it is nice to remember what we trade our pains for."
Jancis Milburga: "Have you been well of late? Lady Meli is sure to need you in these days."
Koporo Aporo "Th'most I were told o' Nald'Thal were a story o' how the Trader took up death t'spare Althyk the burden o' runnin' endless time...."
Koporo Aporo "A cycle, created fer each other's sake."
Jancis Milburga: "Truly? It is amazing to me how powerful it is, that two must share such a burden. Makes you realize how valuable life is."
Koporo Aporo "Someone's got t'run th'world. It ain't an easy job..."
Leanne Delphium stops herself as Vaughn, take off. Slinging her bow-harp to her back, she looks both to Kopo and Jancis. "...Hope my tale was enjoyable to you...I...honestly began to feel overly nervous."
Koporo Aporo "I'll give my offerin's to th'Trader, but my patron will always be th'Keeper, if'n it's all the same t'ya."
Jancis Milburga: "I could not tell. It was beautiful."
Leanne Delphium sighs, smiling faintly. "Sorry if I messed up any part, anyhow...! I gotta admit...crowds are...scary..."
Jancis Milburga: "I have to admit I am a bit breathless right now after all the stories."
Jancis Milburga nods in agreement, nervous, "So many came."
Koporo Aporo "Is it alright if'n I pray in m'native tongue?"
Jancis Milburga: "Of course. Please do."
Koporo Aporo prays solemnly.
Leanne Delphium nods. "How you're holding, Ms. Jancis?" she asks before waving to Edda. "And you, Ms. Edda?"
Edda Eglantine smiles underneath her cowl. "I am well, Leanne. And yourself?"
Leanne Delphium: "Uhm...trying to relax at the moment...crowds are scary...very scary..."
Leanne Delphium smiles sheepishly. Even having the tale committed to memory didn't help."
Edda Eglantine: "I suppose they can be quite unnerving, but this has been rather calming all the same. Please, excuse me for a moment."
Leanne Delphium nods, lifting herself.

⌘⌘⌘

Leanne Delphium: "Oh, Mr. Iron...!"
Iron Sea bows courteously to Leanne Delphium.
Leanne Delphium tips her hat. "Hope you enjoyed my tale, and the evening, overall...!" she giggles, grinning widely to the man.
Iron Sea: "Is it a surprise to see me here? "He raised a brow to her. "I did, thank you for sharing such Miss Leanne. "
Leanne Delphium snickers. "More or less. Few strikes me as the religious sort. But as life always proves me, and yet proves me today too...we are full of misconceptions. So, yet! Another misconception broken." she smiles warmly.
Iron Sea: "I am a man of this land now, I'd do well to ensure I remain part of it's workings. Besides, Miss Jancis was present...I would not miss it. "Iron left out the fact he made no prayers himself, though not for the reasons one might presume.
Edda Eglantine: "Your presence here is a great comfort, Iron."
Iron Sea: "Then I have served my purpose well my Lady. "
Iron Sea bows courteously to Edda Eglantine.
Edda Eglantine: "Will you offer no prayers yourself?"
Iron Sea: "......It would not be needed. "He said plainly, trying to find a way to word it that would not draw unwanted attention.
Leanne Delphium grins. "It is what I said to Mr. Iron. The gods don't wish much in return." she bows her head to otto before moving to pray.
Leanne Delphium prays solemnly.
Edda Eglantine stares at the statue in reflection for a long moment, offering a wordless prayer at its feet.
Iron Sea seemed rather prone, eyes closed as he internally processed quite a bit.  For him, he spoke not a name...not a word at all.
Leanne Delphium bowed her head profusely, hands being held together as she mumbles a little secret prayer of her own. Raising her head, she looks to Iron, deciding to pat his shoulder lightly.

⌘⌘⌘

Leanne Delphium: "Hey Aya, Ms. Crofte...!"
Leanne Delphium tips her hat with a big smile.
Aya Foxheart: "Hello Leanne~"
Coatleque Crofte smiles at Leanne Delphium.
Aya Foxheart blinks and looks around for a moment before her eyes focus on Coatleque, "Ser.. Crofte..."
Coatleque Crofte: "Miss Delphium."
Leanne Delphium: "How's the event's being for you two?"
Aya Foxheart: "I didn't recognize you!"
Aya Foxheart: "Much needed, Leanne!"
Coatleque Crofte: "It was quite enjoyable.  The music, the stories, the poetry.  Very touching."
Coatleque Crofte: "I look forward to the next pilgrimage."
Leanne Delphium grins happily. "Agreed. After seeing these tales, I noticed I still have a lot to learn before being a master poet...!"
Aya Foxheart: "I didn't know you were a poet, Leanne~"
Leanne Delphium grins and lightly knocks her chest. "Inside this chest, a romantic heart beats Aya!"
Aya Foxheart grins, "I have no doubt about that! I'll have to hear your poetry sometime!"
Leanne Delphium shakes her head, waving her hands embarrassedly. "Naah...I still gotta learn! As I said! Still a young poet!"
Leanne Delphium: "I'd rather...learn more before sharing more poetry...!"
Aya Foxheart looks thoughtful for a moment, "Aww.. Leanne, I hope you will share sometime~" she smiles and nods to Edda, "Thank you, its my pleasure, such a lovely time.
Leanne Delphium: "Someday Aya. When my words are more...skillfully."
Aya Foxheart: "I am sure they are already lovely~"
Leanne Delphium: "Hmm....waaah..."
Leanne Delphium blushes, adjusting her hat. "I don't know....I just shared a tale to a giant crowd...made me see how people are scary...!"
Aya Foxheart smiles and nods, "You just need practice, you'll get over.. I think..."
Aya Foxheart: "There's nothing like a crowd when it cheers, though..."
Leanne Delphium smiles sheepishly. "Would you believe me the thought of them cheering seems even more scarier?"
Aya Foxheart grins and shakes her head, "It might seem that way now, but it won't in that moment."

[Image: JIc8tvT.jpg]

Kale Aideron realizes Leanne was one of the performers, giving a polite and wide smile, "Oh, ah..." he is conscious of interrupting, "Good job with your performance, that was real nice, that was"
Leanne Delphium blushes and lowers her hat. "...See what I meant Aya..." she takes a deep breath to compose herself, afterwards beaming brightly to Kale. "Thank you sir. I do hope you liked my tale! Even if I might have stumbled a bit at it..."
Kale Aideron lifts his shoulders, smirking gently, "I couldn't tell if you did stumble..." he just smiles; apparently that's all he had to say!
Aya Foxheart smiles nodding, "It was lovely, hmmm? I'm glad you enjoyed too!"
Leanne Delphium smiles anyhow, his words bringing a degree of comfort to her heart. "Anyhow! The event's being lovely!" she chuckles. "Came more people than I would expect. Even those who doesn't believe much in the gods took their prayers."
Kale Aideron turns his smile to Aya, "Ah, 'course...'nyway, think I'm off to Camp Drybone...make use of the tavern there"
Aya Foxheart: "Its a nice spot, for a dusty little town!"
Aya Foxheart: "What about you Leanne, do you have any plans tonight?"
Leanne Delphium smiles sheepishly. "Yes...my usual life scouring the land...plus some overdue leves."
Aya Foxheart: "Work~"
Kale Aideron puts his hands on his hips, gesturing at them both, "You two are more than welcome to come 'long, so I ain't by myself...'nd..." he looks up to invite the stranger Xydane, until he notices who he is speaking to.
Aya Foxheart: "I wouldn't mind a little something in Drybone on the way home."
Kale Aideron nods at Aya with a friendly smile, "All right, that's one..." he then looks to Leanne curiously.
Leanne Delphium: "Hm?"
Leanne Delphium looks back, cocking her head to the right with curiosity.
Kale Aideron: The tavern in Camp Drybone? Fancy it?
Leanne Delphium shakes her head, smiling. "Sorrowfully, can't...work to do..."
Leanne Delphium: "Overdue work, might I add!"
Leanne Delphium chuckles.
Kale Aideron chuckles with her, at her choice of wording in particular, repeating, "...sorrowfully...ah, well, all right..." he looks around for anyone else he could invite, but he was none too familiar with most here.
Leanne Delphium giggles. "Don't worry. Knowing Aya, she might manage to drag a crowd to the bar. Just me that is bound by duty. Oh, well." she sighs. "Ah, by the way...name Leanne! Think you saw me introducing myself, but...!"
Leanne Delphium: "Out of courtesy!"
Leanne Delphium beams brightly.
Kale Aideron looks back down to Leanne when she addresses him, nodding with a friendly smile, "Leanne? I'm Kale for short...lovely to meet 'nd 'ear you"
Kale Aideron bows courteously to Leanne Delphium.
Kale Aideron gives a wry frown at himself, "I 'ssure you I ain't usually this socially awkward..."
Leanne Delphium chuckles. "It's fine! Being awkward or not, still chatting, aren't we?"
Kale Aideron rubs the back of his neck, chuckling a little sheepishly, "Ah, yea'...'nyway, I think I'll be off to the town, then..." he glances over his shoulder to Eskandar.
Leanne Delphium nods before blinking. "Oh! That was the chocobo who hit me! Then..." she looks to Kale before laughing a bit.
Kale Aideron lowers his voice for Leanne, "'e's seen 'is fair share of battle, but 'e's quite docile otherwise..."
Leanne Delphium chuckles. "Well...I didn't suffer much besides being briefly disoriented, so no harm!" she nods. "Well...shall not keep you nor myself anymore. If another chance appears...up for a proper chat, Mr. Kale?"
Kale Aideron looks back to Leanne after making eye contact with Jaques. He is surprised by her friendliness, a little modest, "Oh, sure, works for me...I'm 'round Ul'dah and Thanalan..."
Leanne Delphium grins. "You will recognize me by the fancy hat. Everyone does. So, Mr. Kale! See you later!" she wide and bright grin, she tips her hat. "Aya, I'm going. Have a good evening, you too!"
Kale Aideron bows courteously to Leanne Delphium.
Leanne Delphium bows courteously to Kale Aideron.

⌘⌘⌘

Leanne Delphium: "Also, lovely music, Mr. Vaughn. Thanks for the brief lesson."
Vaughn Antain smiles at Leanne Delphium.
Vaughn Antain: "You're playing and your story were lovely as well, Miss."
Leanne Delphium smiles in return, tipping her hat. "I shall not delay my exit any longer." she giggles. "A good evening...!" she waves to everyone before walking off.

[Image: j6HM6Wi.jpg]

Vaughn Antain finishes his piece and reattaches his lap harp to the strap on his hip before standing and making his way toward Jaques.
Vaughn Antain smiles. "Enjoying your duty?"
Jaques Guillaume shrugs faintly, "It's fine... you played very well this eve. Like you usually do."
Jaques Guillaume: "Made your offerings and paid your respects already?"
Vaughn Antain: "I've had plenty of prayers today. And yesterday. The Twelve may be sick of me by this point."
Vaughn Antain chuckles.
Jaques Guillaume: "Oh? Why so much prayer?"
Vaughn Antain smiles. "I've been blessed and just offering my gratitude. That's all."
Jaques Guillaume: "Ah."
Vaughn Antain smiles at Jaques Guillaume.
Jaques Guillaume wrinkles his nose faintly, "You are entirely no fun to tease at times."
Vaughn Antain smiles lightly. "I...honestly didn't get that one..."
Jaques Guillaume gives an amused smirk, "You didn't?"
Vaughn Antain shakes his head.
Jaques Guillaume: "Should I leave an offering? Naw... yours should be enough."
Vaughn Antain chuckles. "I left enough for both of us, as always."
Jaques Guillaume glances about the room with a slight frown, simply watching and catching snippets of conversations.
Vaughn Antain catches sight of Aya out of the corner of his eye and shifts awkwardly, now putting all his focus on Jaques. "So...ah...just...let me know when we'll be returning home, yes?" He looks a bit embarrassed.
Jaques Guillaume nods over to the blonde Vaughn had shied away from a minute ago, "Someone you know?"
Vaughn Antain smiles at Jaques. "Ah...well...remember that day when I came home late? I went to the old studio...or I think it was... Anyway, I caught her practicing and...well, it became awkward very quickly. I'm...not good at making friends when I'm by myself it seems."
Jaques Guillaume: "Oh? What is a studio for?"
Vaughn Antain shifts. "For...dancing. I...wanted to brush up on a few things for you."
Jaques Guillaume: "Why couldn't you do that at the Rose?"
Vaughn Antain blushes. "In front of you? When I'm nowhere near where I once was? What if someone else saw? It would be embarrassing!"
Jaques Guillaume: "But... you were willing to go to this studio thing?"
Vaughn Antain: "It was after hours and supposed to be empty. Obviously, it wasn't, and I didn't get in the practice I wanted."
Jaques Guillaume: "Ah... alright then... Still, we have the space. Just practice at home."
Jaques Guillaume: "It's not that big of deal is it?"
Vaughn Antain nods lightly, looking down at ground. "I...I know... But..." He sighs and nods again.
Aya Foxheart takes a few steps toward Vaugh and peers toward him.
Aya Foxheart: "I... don't I recognize you?"
Vaughn Antain shifts awkwardly. "Ah...I...accidentally walked in on you dancing a few suns ago?"
Aya Foxheart snaps her fingers, her eyes opening wide, "That -was- you! I knew it!"  The excitement fades a moment later and she looks around for a moment, "... did you come to the service tonight?"
Vaughn Antain nods lightly and taps the wood of the lap harp on his hip. "I played while others told their stories."
Aya Foxheart: "Oh.. that was you playing the harp?" she leans back standing to her full height, "Really?" she looks back at him.
Vaughn Antain nods lightly. "Mhm...." He still looks very nervous.
Aya Foxheart: "It was lovely~"
Vaughn Antain smiles. "Th-thank you."
Kale Aideron calls out to Aya, "'ey, miss, I'm 'eadin' out to the settlement, now..." he does recognize Vaughn, extending the invitation, "Y'can come long as well, if y'like.."
Vaughn Antain looks to Jaques nervously before returning his attention to the woman. "And...sorry again. I didn't think... I didn't think."
Aya Foxheart looks over to Jaques, with a wave of her hand, "Hi.. I'm Aya~ friend of his?"
Aya Foxheart looks back to Vaughn, with a smile, "I.. well, it was rather unexpected!"
Jaques Guillaume nods slightly, "Something like that." motions to himself, "Jaques. A pleasure."
Jaques Guillaume his gaze flickers back to Kale as the highlander calls out.
Vaughn Antain smiles back. "And...Aya, hmm?" He smiles at Jaques, then returns to Aya with a smile. "Glad to finally know you're name."
Aya Foxheart: "Are you two busy?  I think my friend over here is looking for someone else to go to the tavern with, just going to stop in Drybone."
Vaughn Antain glances over to the Highlander Aya points out. "Ah. Yes, I met him the other day. He's...abrasive, but seems understanding after a while."
Jaques Guillaume nods, "We could join for a time."
Aya Foxheart leans a bit closer to Vaughn asking quietly, "what's his name? do you know?"
Vaughn Antain turns his attention back to Aya. "No. I never caught his name."
Vaughn Antain looks to Jaques with a smile. "Up to you..."
Kale Aideron seems to be grinning toothily at Vaughn, holding up an armoured finger, "I 'ave room for one..."
Jaques Guillaume: "We'll join for a bit. A moment and we'll catch up. Drybone, yes?"
Kale Aideron nods at the two men, and slaps the reins.
Vaughn Antain smiles lightly. "Well, sir, have fun with the lady then. Try not to get too riled up this time, hmm?"

⌘⌘⌘

Vaughn Antain smiles at Edda Eglantine.
Edda Eglantine speaks softly, a bit nervous. "Uhm, excuse me. I just wanted to say... the music was truly beautiful. And thank you."
Vaughn Antain smiles at the woman in front of him. "Thank you for your kind words."
Vaughn Antain bows courteously to Edda Eglantine.

⌘⌘⌘

Jaques Guillaume salutes you.
You bow courteously to Jaques Guillaume.
You bow courteously to Vaughn Antain.
Jaques Guillaume: "We'll be taking our leave... thank you for a smooth event."
Jancis Milburga: "Thank you for making it so! I am overjoyed by the music and your presence. Truly. We shall have to make more time later to thank you properly."
Vaughn Antain smiles, then finally sees the face under the hood. "Oh! Wait. I saw you the other day with that man who was...well, set in his ways I suppose. How are you feeling?"
Your eyes grow wide with awe upon seeing Vaughn Antain.
Jancis Milburga: "Why Lord it is you. I am doing far better and I hope he did not cause anymore of a scene."
Jaques Guillaume quirks a brow, glancing between the two.
Vaughn Antain smiles and waves a hand. "I'm no Lord, but I did manage to calm him down. The miqo'te he was harassing left shortly after you did."
Jaques Guillaume: "Who was harassing a miqo'te?"
Vaughn Antain: "That man Aya went to drinks with."
Jaques Guillaume: "Oh... What was he so upset over?"
You smile at J'irachi Vashyr.
Vaughn Antain looks to the approaching miqo'te. "And...I do believe this is the miqo'te."
Vaughn Antain bows courteously to J'irachi Vashyr.
Jancis Milburga: "Sir Vashyr is a dear friend of mine and he surely is not whatever... oh."
J'irachi Vashyr blinked as he approached "Ah.. 'The Miqo'te'?" he asked curiously.
Vaughn Antain smiles. "Well, I never did catch your name. My apologies."
Jancis Milburga: "Sir Vashyr, this is the man whom spoke up for you at the fortune telling."
J'irachi Vashyr blinked "Ah! My apologies as well, It slipped my mind for a moment, I am still grateful for your defensive words." he said bowing slightly himself.
Vaughn Antain hold out a hand. "Sir Vashyr? Ah...my name is Vaughn. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
J'irachi Vashyr stepped forward to grab Vaughn's hand with his own. "Ah, Z'enath will do just as fine." he said with a light smile.
Vaughn Antain: "Then...Sir Z'enath. Nice to meet you."
Vaughn Antain turns to the hooded woman. "And...I never caught your name or your friend's."
Jancis Milburga: "Oh. My manners forgive me. I am Jancis. Jancis Milburga. The man there that day was Sir Aideron, though I only know him in passing."
You bow courteously to Vaughn Antain.
Vaughn Antain bows courteously to you.
Vaughn Antain: "Miss Jancis. Nice to meet you as well."
Jancis Milburga: "As you. I dare say your music shall stay with me for many days to come."
Vaughn Antain sees you and blushes with embarrassment.
Vaughn Antain: "You're too kind, Miss Jancis."
Jancis Milburga: "And your name, Lord?"
J'irachi Vashyr: "I never caught that myself."
Jaques Guillaume: "Jaques, no titles needed."
Vaughn Antain smiles at Jaques Guillaume.
Jancis Milburga: "Ah, Jaques, then. There were so many here weak and tired, Having you guard is a comforting presence. You both know one another?"
Vaughn Antain bites his lip, smiling. "Yes. We do."
Jaques Guillaume glances to Vaughn, "Yes.. he is my fiancé."
Jancis Milburga: "The look you both give, is hard not to tell."
Vaughn Antain reddens a bit.
Jancis Milburga: "May I be so bold to ask if he plays his harp often?"
Jaques Guillaume nods, "He does, yes. Teaches it as well."
Jancis Milburga beams at Vaughn before hearing the loud sobs from the alter. "Oh, Thaliak's Grace..."
Jancis Milburga: "Ah, pray excuse me. Have a good night. Be safe. I shall hopefully cross paths with you both soon."
Vaughn Antain smiles lightly with a nod. "Of course, Miss. You as well."
Jaques Guillaume glances towards the alter a moment, "Safe travels when you do get to leave this eve."
J'irachi Vashyr 's ears twitched at the crying behind him turning to watch Jancis approach.

[Image: kIIsdfP.jpg]

Kale Aideron gently pats Eskandar.
Xydane Vale: "How old is he?"
Kale Aideron overheard Xydane's inquiry, stroking the underside of Eskandar's chin, "...ah? Oh! Think 'e's 'round two this moon..."
Xydane Vale smiles. "Neighbors owned a chocobo farm when I was kid. Use to mess with the things all the time."
Kale Aideron looks to Eskandar on Xydane's reply, smiling inwardly, "'e's my second chocobo...first one I 'ad was-...oh, er..?"

⌘⌘⌘

Xydane Vale looks at J'irachi. "Hey, I'm gonna' be right back."
J'irachi Vashyr nods to Xydane "Verywell, I'll remain here at my post."
Xydane Vale: "Thanks."
Kale Aideron watches Seda wander off, then looks to where Xydane had gone. A quiet sigh, he goes back to stroking Eskandar's neck.
J'irachi Vashyr nods to Xydane. "Welcome back, I never did get your name Sir."
Xydane Vale: "It's Xydane. Yours?"
J'irachi Vashyr: "Z'enath, a pleasure I'm sure. So how were you given the job if I may ask?"
Xydane Vale: "Good to meet you, Z'enath. I was told that there was a pilgrimage of sorts looking for guard work. Someone had a flier and well, here I am."
J'irachi Vashyr 's eyes looked to his own hip a moment "Ah yes, Free Paladin." he said with a nod.
Xydane Vale: "Free Paladin? You know... I always wondered what those were?"
J'irachi Vashyr: "Ah, we do not swear our loyalty to the Sultanas protection but rather everyone's, we are free to protect anyone."
Jancis Milburga bumps Sir Vashyr's elbow lightly, "Thank you for standing here. You stand well."
J'irachi Vashyr: "Ah Lady Jancis, seems tonight was a success?"
Xydane Vale: "Jancis?"
Xydane Vale blinks at the hooded girl.
Jancis Milburga: "Sir Xydane. Yes, it is me. Pray tell me you got my letter."
Xydane Vale: "I... er..."
Xydane Vale rubs his neck and smiles rather embarrassingly. "I... yeah, I did." The Hyur's hair has been cut and he looks rather healthy than the last time Jancis has seen him.
Jancis Milburga gives him a worried look, "I shall thank you properly for helping here. Please, you both still talk."
Jancis Milburga: "Sir Vashyr is a fine man. Good to make acquaintances with, at the very least. He helped me much, he might have some good jobs and advice for you."
You smile at J'irachi Vashyr.
Xydane Vale: "I... sure!"
Xydane Vale smiles at Jancis and returns his attention the Paladin Mi'qote.
Xydane Vale: "So no loyalties, huh? Would it be the same as an adventurer with a blade?"
J'irachi Vashyr: "Quite actually."
Xydane Vale: "How long does it usually take for someone to be a "Free Paladin?" How long have you been training?"
J'irachi Vashyr blinked before responding "I was taught to hold a blade during my 12th summer in Eorzea. My trials came much later, only a few years ago in fact."
Xydane Vale: "Trials, huh? How do you like wielding a sword?"
J'irachi Vashyr: "To be honest I was used to much lighter, but time and training has changed that for me."
Viral Light: "Ms. Crofte?"
Xydane Vale's ears perk at hearing "Crofte." He smiles at the thought that the woman he delivered a letter to long ago was standing right behind him.
Xydane Vale: "Well, every weapon has their perks and downs. It's always better to be proficient in more than one type."
J'irachi Vashyr raised his brow a bit at Xydane, shooting him a smile. Looking forward again. "Ah, wise words indeed."
Xydane Vale: "And I see you favor the shield as well?"
J'irachi Vashyr nods "I left it behind once, it wont happen again. Its quite important."
Kale Aideron puts his hands on his hips, gesturing at them both, "You two are more than welcome to come 'long, so I ain't by myself...'nd..." he looks up to invite the stranger Xydane, until he notices who he is speaking to.
Xydane Vale: "Not a big fan of shields. Sure, they provide protection and are also one hell of a bone breaker but I prefer speed. Anyhow, it's time for me to get going. Hey, if you know any work that needs doing - anything at all, I would appreciate it if you send a Moogle to Limsa and ask for me. The little things are rather... too familiar with my name."
J'irachi Vashyr: "I shall keep you in mind of course, farewell."
Xydane Vale places a hand on the Miqo'te shoulder and smiles. "See you around, sometime. Going to say "Bye" to the later before I head off."
J'irachi Vashyr nodded as he removed his helmet, his ears twitching several times. Nodding to Xydane as he stepped forward.

⌘⌘⌘

Xydane Vale pokes Jancis's shoulder.
You smile at Xydane Vale.
Jancis Milburga: "Sir Xydane. You have a place for the night, yes?"
Xydane Vale: "Hey. Didn't expect you to be leading this. Just wanted to say goodbye before I head off and... yeah, I have somewhere to stay."
Xydane Vale laughs quietly. "And it's just "Xydane," remember?"
Jancis Milburga: "Well the priests were afraid it would make it to, ah, off-putting should they do more than support. Oh. Ah, yes, Xydane. Forgive me it is a habit. Thank you for being here. I shall see you again soon?"
Xydane Vale: "Yeah... soon."
Jancis Milburga: "Good. Be safe and travel well."
Xydane Vale places a hand on the girl's shoulder and nods before quickly turning around and disappearing.
L'aenoh Tia: "I seen him at the house before. Who was that?"
Jancis Milburga: "He was the one that dropped off that letter."
Jancis Milburga: "Last time I saw him he was as thin as you the other sevenday."
L'aenoh Tia: "Mm. I see. Sorry, I just got a little suspicious when strange people I don't know just..wander on 'round inside the house. I get nervous and when I get nervous I start hitting things."
Jancis Milburga smiles lightly, huffing in humor. "I can always take care of the aftermath. Dare say it is not a bad policy anymore."

[Image: Px9mv8y.jpg]

Viral Light twitches her ears.
Otto Vann: "Lady Crofte, a pleasure as always"
Coatleque Crofte smiles at Otto Vann.
Viral Light goes back to watching Coatleque Crofte.
Coatleque Crofte: "And you as well, Master Vann."
Viral Light makes a few notes in her grimoire.
Otto Vann: "How did you enjoy the ceremony overall?  Find solace in anything?"
Cortana Affranto moves past Crofte
Coatleque Crofte nods to Otto.  "Of course.  It was all a fitting tribute.  And I took a few moments to meditate after the ceremony."
Otto Vann: "You should teach me how to do that sometime perhaps"
Otto Vann: "Lady Edda was mentioning I should try it sometime.  Are you much of a mentor in that regard?"
Coatleque Crofte: "Aye, if you wish.  I should warn you, there is a lot of silence involved."
Otto Vann: "Oh, would that be a problem for a man like me you think?"
Coatleque Crofte laughs at Otto Vann.
Coatleque Crofte: "For a man who speaks his mind constantly to remain silent?  Hmm... we shall see, shall we?"
Otto Vann stifles a single chuckle as he pulls down on his face and beard regarding Crofte "My I wasn't aware I had such a...reputation.  I look forward to it though all the same"
Coatleque Crofte: "Oh, perhaps not a reputation.  But I have come to know you more than some others through our chats."
Otto Vann: "I see, well I don't want to take more of your time tonight than I already have.  Perhaps after this event we could speak if you have the time or 'endurance' perhaps?"
Otto Vann smiles slightly to Crofte "Have a good Coatleque"
Coatleque Crofte smiles at Otto Vann.
Coatleque Crofte: "And you have a good Vann too."
Otto Vann: "I always do, count on it"
Coatleque Crofte laughs at Otto Vann.

⌘⌘⌘

L'aenoh Tia: "You should stop by the house more."
Coatleque Crofte: "Apologies?  Me?"
L'aenoh Tia: "Yeah. You."
Coatleque Crofte: "Aye, perhaps I should.  It would spare me from much troubles lately."
Coatleque Crofte: "Unfortunately my Oath limits the distance my legs may take me."
L'aenoh Tia: "Take a break."
Coatleque Crofte: "As so many others have told me to do."
L'aenoh Tia: "All the more reason to take one."
Coatleque Crofte thinks for a few moments, looking around the room while chewing her lip in anger.
L'aenoh Tia: "...something wrong? You've fallen silent."
Coatleque Crofte: "Aye, some things are not so easy to walk away from."
L'aenoh Tia: "Like what exactly?"
Coatleque Crofte: "Perhaps if I can sneak away from the Palace this week though..."
Coatleque Crofte: "Not in a literal sense, mind you."
L'aenoh Tia: "Mm. You sound like you need more than a sennight, but that's not really up to me to decide."
Coatleque Crofte sighs and nods.
Coatleque Crofte: "Forgive me, there are some things I must needs attend to still, after some... events, last eve.  I give you my word I will do my best to come to the house for more than a few minutes."
L'aenoh Tia: "Well, whenever you do decide on taking some time off come see me or leave a note on my door an' we can speak properly then."
Coatleque Crofte nods in agreement.
L'aenoh Tia: "Don't let me keep you. I'll wait here and watch over the rest in your absence."
Coatleque Crofte: "Thank you, Master L'aenoh."
Coatleque Crofte bows courteously to L'aenoh Tia.

⌘⌘⌘

Annunu Nunu stands, brushing dust from her dress until she's satisfied it's clean.  "Oh my, I'll need to have this professionally seen to..."
Annunu Nunu approaches the altar.  She steps up onto the dais, staring up thoughtfully at the image of Thal, but does not pray.  Her eyes are brilliant in the light of the torches, glittering and expressionless, and it's impossible to discern her thoughts.
Annunu Nunu turns away, accidentally bumping Iron Sea's leg as she moves.  "Oh, please excuse me!"
Annunu Nunu: Had you free time this eve, sir...?
Chuta Allfriend: "I reckon I do. Not a soul's bothered to talk to me this day besides you, so..."
Chuta Allfriend shrugs at Annunu Nunu.
Chuta Allfriend smiles at Annunu Nunu.
Annunu Nunu: May I offer you dinner?
Chuta Allfriend: "Dinner? Free of charge? Methinks I should thank the Trader for this course of events."
Annunu Nunu chuckles.  "Shall I wait as you offer your thanks?"
Chuta Allfriend humbly throws himself before the lalafell. "Oh, my queen, I thank you for your offering and beseech further kindness."
Chuta Allfriend grovels shamelessly before Annunu Nunu.
Annunu Nunu beckons to Chuta Allfriend.

⌘⌘⌘

Crisiet Liautroix runs a gloves hand over his face, "... Aye. Right, fine."
T'ahl Tia beams at Crisiet. Beeeams. In that annoying, energetic way. "Annie is the tall one, and Eloise is the.. shorter-than-Annie one, and Cuddlechummy is the cutest one."
Annouille Andouillant stands up, stretching his stiff legs. He awkwardly waves at Crisiet. "Well met."
Crisiet Liautroix stares at the Tapir, all but ignoring Annouille in the process, "What the hells is that thing?"
T'ahl Tia scrambles up, holding the tiny tapir. "Cuddlechummy. She is not a thing. She is a person."
Eloise Sharp: Don't be scared, she's harmless.
T'ahl Tia: ..Well, sometimes she climbs onto my face when I sleep, and breathing gets difficult. So not completely harmless, but.
Eloise Sharp chuckles. "Spirited, then."
Crisiet Liautroix tuts, "What is... -she-, then?"
T'ahl Tia nuzzles his nose against the tapir's. "She is a tapir. A very small one."
T'ahl Tia: She eats dreams, I think. And.. anything put in front of her.
T'ahl Tia: ..Sometimes things not in front of her, too. She just. Wanders off and eats things.
Annouille Andouillant: "Excuse me, I want to go speak with a friend for a little. I will be back shortly."
Eloise Sharp: Have fun.
Crisiet Liautroix stares at the Tapir some more, his expression one of moody skepticism.
Guillaume Rigolant raises his voice, "'Scuse, just gon' make some offerings." He barges his way past T'ahl, then against Annouille, brushing his hand over the fabric of his pant leg, dipping into a pocket.
Eloise Sharp checks her pockets. Nope, she's spared.
Eloise Sharp: Check your pockets, T'ahl..
T'ahl Tia holds her up so that Crisiet may see her better. She somehow has an extremely judging expression on her face. Even though she is a tapir.
T'ahl Tia blinks. "My pockets? This outfit does not have any pockets."
Crisiet Liautroix returns the Tapir's judgmental expression with one to match, "'Tis strange." He says in a blunt tone, straightening his posture with a frown.
Eloise Sharp: Good, you don't have to worry about pickpockets that way.
T'ahl Tia nods. "That is the idea. ..And Cuddlechummy is not strange! She is wonderful and perfect." She keeps staring at him. Judging.
Eloise Sharp chuckles. "You have fun with Mister Tight Pants, I'm gonna pay my due."
Crisiet Liautroix glances down at the creature now and again, otherwise doing his damned best not to acknowledge the judgmental stare he's -sure- the thing is giving him.
T'ahl Tia: ..Are you having a staring contest with my tapir?
Crisiet Liautroix: No.
Crisiet Liautroix makes a straight face.
T'ahl Tia: Well. Good, I suppose. She always wins. ..She is making the face, isn't she?
Crisiet Liautroix fails to understand T'ahl Tia.
T'ahl Tia sets the creature down and looks around. Cuddlechummy does not break the stare.
Eloise Sharp pets Cuddlechummy, smiling warmly.
Crisiet Liautroix: I cannot say much for Aero's tastes. He chose me, after all.
Crisiet Liautroix smiles at T'ahl Tia.
T'ahl Tia nods. Cuddlechummy side-eyes Crisiet even as she gets pets. Or is that just her face? No one knows.
T'ahl Tia: Oh, you are not so bad.
Crisiet Liautroix side eyes the tapir back.
T'ahl Tia: You have never even tried to toss me off a cliff, after all!
Crisiet Liautroix tenses, smiling thinly, "Aye. There is, of course, a first time for everything."
T'ahl Tia nods, biting his lip. "..That is true. Is this the day, do you think?"
Crisiet Liautroix: Hmn. I should at the very least allow you to ask for safe passage to the afterlife first, no?
Crisiet Liautroix gestures to the statue ahead.
T'ahl Tia nods. "That is a very considerate of you."
T'ahl Tia swirls around to inspect the statue.
T'ahl Tia mumbles. "..In case he really does toss me off, please make sure I do not get lost on the way."
Eloise Sharp: T'ahl, I'm headed back to the bridge. You gonna be alright with Mister Tight Pants?
T'ahl Tia blinks. "..Tight pants?" He looks at Crisiet's pants. Well. "Ah-- I will be fine, there are no tall cliffs nearby, are there-- although there is a bridge--"
Eloise Sharp: I'll be at the bridge. If he tries anything, I'll just cleave his skull.
Eloise Sharp smiles.
T'ahl Tia nods, beaming. "Thank you. I do not think he will, though."
Crisiet Liautroix pinches the bridge of his nose, eyes half closed.
Eloise Sharp looks at Crisiet. "No offense."
Eloise Sharp: You ready to head back to the bridge, Annie?
T'ahl Tia looks to Annie. "..We should introduce him to Lucient."
Annouille Andouillant: Ah, I... I am not sure yet.
Crisiet Liautroix: Gods above. I am not going to throw him off a damned cliff.
Annouille Andouillant looks at T'ahl. He imagines the combined disapproval of Crisiet and Lucient, then cringes.
T'ahl Tia: See? I will be perfectly safe. And his lover likes me well enough that he would not really do it. ..And I think he is nicer than that, too.
Annouille Andouillant shakes his head slightly. "If you have business elsewhere, I do not wish to keep you occupied. Though I would not object to company."
T'ahl Tia looks at Crisiet, frowning. "..He probably could, though, if he wanted. I am sort of easy to lift."
Crisiet Liautroix rolls his eyes.
Eloise Sharp shrugs. "Nah, I'm free till tomorrow. And maybe past then, depends on whether my client gets over his fear of saboteurs."
Crisiet Liautroix wafts a hand, "I am not even sure where such a notion came from in the first place. I am not in the habit of throwing others from cliffs, you know."
Eloise Sharp: You do act a lot like an Ishgardian, though.
T'ahl Tia tilts his head left side. "But you are from Ishgard, aren't you?"
T'ahl Tia: I was surprised to see you. I thought all Ishgardians were rather fixated on Halone. You are from Ishgard, aren't you?
Crisiet Liautroix speaks sharply, yet quietly, "No."
Eloise Sharp shrugs. "Nah, I'm free till tomorrow. And maybe past then, depends on whether my client gets over his fear of saboteurs."
Crisiet Liautroix smiles, "Oh, they're far more comfortable than they look. Really."
Annouille Andouillant overhears T'ahl's question and stifles a chuckle.
Eloise Sharp chuckles. "I'll take your word for it. Prefer something loose when I don't need my armor."
Crisiet Liautroix shrugs, cocking his head to the side to peer at Annouille. It's almost as though he hasn't noticed the fellow until this exact moment.
Annouille Andouillant looks around absentmindedly, then seems startled to notice that Crisiet is staring at him. "Oh, um... Crisiet, right?"
Crisiet Liautroix smiles in a very forced manner. He looks ever so tired, "Mm."
Annouille Andouillant tilts his head slightly, wondering if Crisiet also gets tired by copious socialization. "Well met." He awkwardly falls silent after the greeting, possessing no talent for small talk.
Eloise Sharp tries not to laugh at the pair of socially-inept elezen.
Crisiet Liautroix seems to be lacking in that area too, staring a little longer before casting his gaze over his shoulder, "I need to see to my bird."
Eloise Sharp: Nice guy.

⌘⌘⌘

Annouille Andouillant seems lost in thought.
Eloise Sharp: You alright?
Annouille Andouillant blinks and looks up at Eloise. "Hm? Oh. I am just... easily distracted tonight. I apologize."
Eloise Sharp shrugs. "Don't worry about it. I'm pretty sure that's normal for these kind of things."
Eloise Sharp: So what is it that you do, Annie?
Annouille Andouillant smiles absentmindedly at Eloise. "I work at Mealvann's Gate in Limsa. Finally took a day off."
Eloise Sharp: That's the arcanist place, right? I've been there, they made a fuss over a client's cargo.
Annouille Andouillant nods to Eloise Sharp.
Annouille Andouillant: What about you?
Eloise Sharp: Sell sword. Merchants and such hire me to keep them and their goods safe during trips. It pays well and I get a good fight every now and then.
T'ahl Tia looks around for Annie.
T'ahl Tia: Ah! Annie!
Annouille Andouillant nods at Eloise, then looks up at T'ahl's voice. "Yes T'ahl?"
T'ahl Tia promptly hides behind Annie.
Annouille Andouillant blinks, then looks down instead. T'ahl is short.
T'ahl Tia: I will just.. hide here a little while.
Eloise Sharp smiles. "You alright?"
Annouille Andouillant: ... you alright, T'ahl?
T'ahl Tia: Yes! I just-- think I recognized someone from an.. awkward moment. Conversation.
T'ahl Tia: ..More awkward than usually.
Annouille Andouillant nods slowly, looking bemused.
Eloise Sharp: We ready to go, then?
T'ahl Tia tries to place himself so that the guard cannot see him.
T'ahl Tia: Sneak out. We sneak. I vote sneak.
Eloise Sharp: Sneak? If you've got a problem, T'ahl, I can take care of them.
Annouille Andouillant: ... would you like to... continue hiding behind me as we leave?
T'ahl Tia: Oh! Oh, no, no. Not the kind of taking care of you do-- no, they just witnessed something awkward. You see-- there was this Roe, and he was really curious about how far the pink goes--
Annouille Andouillant: ... oh.
Eloise Sharp snorts. "Ah."
T'ahl Tia: So I will just-- hide behind Annie.
Eloise Sharp: Alright then.
T'ahl Tia: I think I did well enough to dare speaking to Sigurd. That is enough for today.
Annouille Andouillant steps back a little from T'ahl, his neck beginning to ache.
Annouille Andouillant gently pats T'ahl Tia.
T'ahl Tia rubs at his neck. Looking an elezen in the eyes is difficult.
Annouille Andouillant helped by standing on lower elevation. Friendship!
Eloise Sharp: Alright, let's head out. Everyone check your pockets again.
T'ahl Tia beams!
Annouille Andouillant checks his pockets, then frowns. "Oh. I... I think I dropped some things..."  He sighs.
Eloise Sharp: Anything valuable?
T'ahl Tia blinks. "Dropped? Ah! We should search for them--"
Annouille Andouillant looks a little embarrassed. "Um... not... no valuable, exactly, just... some sentimental value."
Eloise Sharp: That counts. Want to ask around?
T'ahl Tia: Sentimental value is more precious. We should look for it! ..What is it? The thing, I mean--
Annouille Andouillant awkwardly stares at his feet. "They're just... some pebbles... I doubt people will keep an eye out for those."
Eloise Sharp: What color?
Annouille Andouillant: Yellow.
T'ahl Tia: We can look out for them. Yellow should stand out.
Annouille Andouillant glances at the group of people to his left and says hurriedly, "I... don't think this is the best time to go ask people about it."
T'ahl Tia looks down at Cuddlechummy. Maybe she can help search? Does she even have colour vision?
T'ahl Tia: We do not have to ask, we just-- can search?
Eloise Sharp turns and addresses the remaining people. "Anyone seen some yellow pebbles? Our friend here lost them, they have sentimental value, he'd like them back."
T'ahl Tia blinks. "..That also works, I suppose."
Annouille Andouillant 's face turns red. "Eloise, it's fine."
Eloise Sharp turns back. "You sure?"
Annouille Andouillant nods to Eloise Sharp.
T'ahl Tia: We can still look, though--
T'ahl Tia studies the ground, searching for yellow pebbles.
Annouille Andouillant tries to search too, though he's hindered by his lack of glasses.
T'ahl Tia gets his feet wet for friendship.
Eloise Sharp shrugs at Annouille Andouillant.

[Image: xnZsqsB.jpg]

T'ahl Tia hesitates. "Am I.. interrupting something..?"
You smile at T'ahl Tia.
Jancis Milburga: "Hello, pilgrim. Thank you for coming."
L'aenoh Tia: "Feel free to join the conversation."
L'aenoh Tia: "You're not interrupting."
Your eyes grow wide with awe upon seeing the tiny tapir.
Jancis Milburga digs around and finds a biscuit in a pouch.
T'ahl Tia: S-sorry. I just-- this was. Good? I mean-- it was a nice event and--
T'ahl Tia beams as Cuddlechummy gets a treat.
T'ahl Tia: It was comforting.
T'ahl Tia: So I suppose I-- wanted to, just. Say thank you?
T'ahl Tia rambles on as he does when he has no idea how being social works.
Jancis Milburga: "I am so glad. You are welcome. Honestly, I was hoping it would be a comfort. In the Traders' ah, words per say we trade a lot of pain for these moments."
Jancis Milburga: "I saw you speaking to Master Sigurd. Was he able to help you with prayers?"
T'ahl Tia nods. "Then, you succeeded. And.. that makes sense, I think." He blinks. "Yes. He answered some questions I had been wondering about."
Jancis Milburga smiles. "That is his forte. That and books. Did you have to travel far to make it here?"
T'ahl Tia shakes his head. "I have family here. So it aligned with my visiting them."
Jancis Milburga: "That is good news. And good reason. You should take some cowry shells to them."

⌘⌘⌘

Nathan Telluride grins broadly at the Miqo'te to his side, and lifts himself up, stretches, and approaches the altar.
Nathan Telluride stretches next to Coraliza Velia.
Coraliza Velia smiled brightly as she remained seated, her eyes resting on Nathan .
Nathan Telluride bows before the statuary. "A wandering skald's praise to Thal, and a craved boon: Lord of Prosperity, be ever our rewards based upon our nerve, and not what we deserve, else who among us would escape the lash?"
Nathan Telluride bows.
Coraliza Velia beamed up to Nathan.  She remained seated for the moment as she glanced around the crowd.
Nathan Telluride offers a hand to Coraliza. "Now, if it suits the lass, I might make good on an offering made earlier?"
Coraliza Velia took his hand gently as she lifted herself to her feet.  Her free hand reached to brush a bit of the dirt from her skirt as she gave a gentle nod.  "Of course.  I would like that."
Nathan Telluride: "Then, let us move to it. I do have some regards to offer." He nods towards the exit, and sets a guiding hand on the Miqo'te's shoulder.

⌘⌘⌘

Aya Foxheart withdraws a single gil coin of moderate denomination.  She draws it to her lips, before depositing it with the others.  "For good fortune..."

Jancis Milburga: "Lady Aya. How have you been?"
Aya Foxheart smiles softly, "Jancis.  I've been well, all things considered.  You?"
Jancis Milburga smiles and nods. "Same. I needed this night. Remind us all why we work so hard."
Aya Foxheart nods, smiling, "It has been a lovely evening.  Cathartic, even?"
Jancis Milburga: "That is the best word to describe it."
Jancis Milburga: "Kale, do you agree?"
You smile at Kale Aideron.
Kale Aideron is caught, a bit red-faced with his brown skin, "I'm sorry, what's that?" he missed it.
Aya Foxheart looks over her shoulder, a soft smile on her lips.
Jancis Milburga: "Lady Aya spoke of this night as being cathartic."
Kale Aideron: Cathartic? Is that synonymous with depressin'? 'cause I agree...
Kale Aideron speaks like a pleb, doesn't know the word 'cathartic', but seems to know 'synonymous'. Fascinating.
Aya Foxheart smirks and lets out a soft laugh, "Well, a drink or two will turn that right around, hmm? So at least its not a lost cause!"
Jancis Milburga: "Agreed. I should continue to thank everyone for coming."
Kale Aideron does look exhausted, for his part. He watches Jancis leave, pouting to himself, "I guess it'll 'ave to do..."
Aya Foxheart turns around on her heel, canting her head a bit as she smiles to Kale, "No reason to be so gloomy~"
Kale Aideron smiles tightly, clearly not the one to have gloomy as his default state, "Ah, just...work is thankless, 'nd long...'nd dangerous"
Aya Foxheart: "Not entirely thankless, at least, right?"
Kale Aideron keeps looking to one of the prayer wardens, appearing ambivalent.
Kale Aideron looks her over when she steps closer, wondering if he should be offended by it, "I never did it for the gil..." he up-nods at her, "What's your name? think I've seen you workin' at the Quicksand"
Aya Foxheart: "My name's Aya, I do work at the Quicksand.  I'm a barmaid~" she smiles.
Kale Aideron overhears, sighing and murmuring quietly to himself, "Twelve, Captain Jenlyns makes anyone who can 'old a sword for ten seconds a free paladin these days..." he concocts a smile again for Aya, "Ah, yea'? What brings you out 'ere, then?"
Aya Foxheart glances around, "Wel.. this brought me here..." she blinks a bit, looking back confused, "What brought you here?"
Kale Aideron looks around for one of the prayer wardens, finally deciding that it's best to get this over with, "I...'scuse me for a bit, miss?"
Aya Foxheart nods, "Mmhmm! Nice meeting you."
Kale Aideron is polite to a fault, "I'll...be right back"
Kale Aideron watches Aya stepping off.
Kale Aideron: Quite...'nyway...oh, she wanted to come, didn't she?
Kale Aideron calls out to Aya, "'ey, miss, I'm 'eadin' out to the settlement, now..." he does recognize Vaughn, extending the invitation, "Y'can come long as well, if y'like.."
Kale Aideron unfastens his armet from Eskandar, shoving his head into it. He pulls Eskandar by the reins aside, for him to clamber onto the saddle.
Kale Aideron acts like he was not overhearing the conversation, addressing Aya, "Them two comin', miss?" his voice slightly metallic.
Aya Foxheart: "I invited them!"
Kale Aideron seems to be grinning toothily at Vaughn, holding up an armoured finger, "I 'ave room for one..."
Aya Foxheart: "Perfect..!" she looks up to Kale, "I didn't bring a mount.. I'll be walking there."

⌘⌘⌘

Nizumi Komimi nods to Guillaume Rigolant.
Nizumi Komimi gazes upon Guillaume Rigolant in deep reflection.
Nizumi Komimi: "You've already lost one gil to me tonight, you up for losing more?"
Nizumi Komimi laughs at Guillaume Rigolant.
Guillaume Rigolant raises his voice, "'Scuse, just gon' make some offerings." He barges his way past T'ahl, then against Annouille, brushing his hand over the fabric of his pant leg, dipping into a pocket.
Guillaume Rigolant: Profit, ma'am.
Annouille Andouillant does not notice Guillame, lost in thoughts. However, he only has some yellow pebbles in his pocket.
Guillaume Rigolant brings his fingers together, extracting the stones. He places an emptied palm on his chest and smiles with earnest, a glint. "Sorry 'bout that, mate."
Guillaume Rigolant: Li'l clumsy.
Annouille Andouillant blinks. "Eh? Oh, uh, it is fine." He seems none the wiser.
Guillaume Rigolant pats him warmly on the clavicle, passing again with a light brush of the shoulder.
Guillaume Rigolant murmurs unintelligible gibberish, hoping they sound like prayers.
Guillaume Rigolant blinks.
Guillaume Rigolant peeks over Kale's shoulder.
Guillaume Rigolant: ... "Lo.
Kale Aideron is annoyed with Guillaume Rigolant.
Kale Aideron: Oi...
Sigurd Rainecourt: Gill, what are you doing?
Guillaume Rigolant beams with delight at Kale Aideron.
Guillaume Rigolant: Waitin'.
Kale Aideron raises his palm slowly, and geeently places it on Guillaume's chest. He firmly but sloooowly pushes him away from him.
Guillaume Rigolant 's frown grows as he's pushed back.
Sigurd Rainecourt: You can come forward and make an offering or speak prayers if you like. You don't need to hide behind people.
Guillaume Rigolant: Heeeey.
Kale Aideron grunts, "Er...Nald, then..."
Guillaume Rigolant: Can I complain t'yer mana--
You smile at Guillaume Rigolant.
Guillaume Rigolant: Jancis, heya.
Jancis Milburga: "Sir Rigolant you made it."
Guillaume Rigolant: I did. Gotta say, y'look particularly vicious in red.
Kale Aideron: I 'ave...a 'undred gil to offer?
Jancis Milburga: "Ah, thank you. It is a color to honor Nald'thal. What did you think of the stories?"
Guillaume Rigolant perks up at the mention of gil.
Guillaume Rigolant: Fergive m'ignorance, but I never took you for ... a priestly sort.
Jancis Milburga holds out a large pouch to Guillaume. "Here, you should take these. They are of great value." Inside should he look are lots of cowry shells of all different size and colors.
Guillaume Rigolant widens his eyes, holding the pouch to his chest. "What ... what fer?"
Jancis Milburga: "Well the priests did not one of their own ilk leading to cause ill will. I am honored to help them out. They are for prayers or trinkets and presents."
Jancis Milburga: "A trade of life, trade for good passage in death, they are for trading, really."
Guillaume Rigolant squeezes the pouch, hefting it up and down. "Trading. Gods." He purses his lips, drooping in the brow. Then he sighs.
Guillaume Rigolant: Can't say I'm allat close to the gods. Y'sure it'd be ... a wise investment?
Jancis Milburga beams at him. "Of course. It is you, afterall. No gambles there."
Guillaume Rigolant wilts, guilty. "I ... ah."
Jancis Milburga: "My trade to you, we are there for one another, yes?"
Guillaume Rigolant: Oh, yeah, 'course. Actually, hold on.
Guillaume Rigolant fishes through his pockets, retrieving a small yellow pebble. He shines it briefly on his shirt before extending it to the saintly figure.
Jancis Milburga: "Hm? Ah! It is a lovely shade."
Guillaume Rigolant nods to you.
Guillaume Rigolant: It's for uh, lookin' at, 'n stuff.
You beam with delight at Guillaume Rigolant.
Jancis Milburga: "I really like these things. I will not lose it."
Guillaume Rigolant: It's prolly completely worthless, for all I know, but ... I found it. An' I figured, hey, was pretty. Might as well keep it along, yuh?
Jancis Milburga nods in agreement. "That is kind of like life, finding things along the way to keep."
Guillaume Rigolant: Hey, uh, Jan?
Guillaume Rigolant: D'you y'could maybe teach me how to pray sometime?
Jancis Milburga: "Hm? Yes?"
Guillaume Rigolant rubs the nape of his neck,cringing.
Jancis Milburga: "Of course. I would be happy to."
Guillaume Rigolant nods to you.
Guillaume Rigolant: Thanks, I'll see you 'round.
Guillaume Rigolant bids farewell to you.
Jancis Milburga holds out a lovely yellow stone, "Sir Rigolant found this along the road one time. That is kind of what life is like, finding nice things to take with you."
Guillaume Rigolant: Same t'you.
Guillaume Rigolant staggers before Nizumi Komimi.
Guillaume Rigolant: "Hey!"
Nizumi Komimi laughs at Guillaume Rigolant.
Nizumi Komimi bows courteously to Guillaume Rigolant.
Guillaume Rigolant bids farewell to Nizumi Komimi.
Nizumi Komimi is frustrated with Guillaume Rigolant.

[Image: OYgOFcH.jpg]

Memeli Meli: ....Nald'Thal, please keep my papa successful... Cuz if he's broke Popomi is gonna be in trouble and I ain't having that. Plus he'll mooch off me! That jerk!! ..Amen.

⌘⌘⌘

Kale Aideron speaks to his chocobo, "Think I should get a prayer, boy? Put my fate in the 'ands of someone else? Ain't really my thing..."
Kale Aideron sighs, "I don't know, boy..."
Kale Aideron: What are you grinnin' at? Bloody 'ells.
Kale Aideron: A prayer?
Kale Aideron: What the 'ells would I even pray for?
Kale Aideron is rambling to his chocobo, "You know the best kind of prayer? The one you answer yourself. With 'ard work 'nd discipline"
Kale Aideron overhears, sighing and murmuring quietly to himself, "Twelve, Captain Jenlyns makes anyone who can 'old a sword for ten seconds a free paladin these days..." he concocts a smile again for Aya, "Ah, yea'? What brings you out 'ere, then?"
Kale Aideron: Bloody 'ells, Eskandar! Don't go runnin' 'alf the pilgrims down!

⌘⌘⌘

Edda Eglantine takes a moment in prayer, unusually solemn and quiet.

Edda Eglantine: "I hope all is well, Sir Otto. May the Twelve guide your path well."
Otto Vann: "It will be well enough Edda thank you"
Otto Vann: "How are you?"
Edda Eglantine: "I am well, thank you. This is a mysterious place. I find my heart both lifted and burdened at the same time. Does it not affect you as well?"
Otto Vann: "It is affecting me, I am unsure if I like it"
Otto Vann: "Its hard to retain composure in a place like this and its unusual from what I normally surround myself with"
Edda Eglantine speaks quietly, her voice low. "Yes, it is much the same for me. Still, I believe it will do the both of us some good."
Otto Vann: "Perhaps your right Edda"
Otto Vann: "I can tell you now my mind is racing with problems that I have had come up due to this and how I should resolve them"
Edda Eglantine: "Then the pilgrimage was a success, was it not? I am sure with some meditation you may find the answers you seek."
Otto Vann: "I think....I will seek that actually Edda"
Edda Eglantine smiles. "Excellent." Edda bows to Otto and his lady companion. "Excuse me for a moment."

⌘⌘⌘

Jancis Milburga: "I am so glad you could come. Pray tell, how was Sir Iron the other night? Sir Howl?"
Edda Eglantine looks a bit sheepish. "It went rather well. I've not the knowledge and mind for such... manly things."
Jancis Milburga: "I am glad. I have to admit I do think about you both often of late."
Edda Eglantine: "Oh, is that so? Whatever for?"
Jancis Milburga: "Is something he mentioned the other day. About feeling lost and his purpose."
Jancis Milburga smiles lightly, "A man fights so much he can get lost in it, mayhaps."
Edda Eglantine looks at Jancis, pensive. "Yes, I suppose you're right. If I knew of more such things, perhaps I could do what it is he needs to find his way."
Jancis Milburga: "Alas I only know so much myself. Perhaps he needs someone on, ah, his level. To say. Not height I mean."
Edda Eglantine: Perhaps...
Edda Eglantine looks around the room. "Hmmm..."

⌘⌘⌘

Viral Light briefly glances to Edda Eglantine
Viral Light leans in and whispers something to Sounsyy Mirke.
Sounsyy Mirke smiles at Viral Light.
Viral Light: "I don't even know what to do to be respectful."
Sounsyy Mirke nods slowly to Viral Light. She replies quietly, "Good to see you are not harmed. Though I can't imagine the loser of a duel should be your inspiration."
Viral Light: "Losses teach more than victories do."
Viral Light: "Honestly, I found this..."
Viral Light looks around.
Viral Light: "..event quite by accident. Is there something I'm supposed to do here?"
Sounsyy Mirke returns her gaze upon Thal's visage, "Tonight I would agree," she said softly, "I've never thought highly of Thal... with all he's taken, but I guess in the spirit of things it's worth praying for the safe passage of those I've lost. Those who couldn't be here."
Viral Light: "I definitely feel like an outsider here..."
Viral Light smirks, but then shifts restlessly. She does not take the coin.
Viral Light: "I've seen men and women pray for many things. Some are answered, but most are not. I know they watch, but is it right to ask of them? Our problems are our own, and the dead aren't coming back. Perhaps..perhaps I have the wrong perspective."
Sounsyy Mirke returns the coin to its purse. "As I said, it is not for everyone. I have lost many friends on the path of the sword. I see it is only fair I repay them now."
Viral Light keeps her gaze fixed on the statue.
Iron Sea: "I get a strange feeling every time I stare like that Miss Viral..."
Viral Light: "It's a statue. Representative, to be sure, but it's a statue all the same."
Iron Sea: "I suppose it comes from my first experience being nearly dying before such..."frowns softly. "That alone I suppose is something worth praying for. "
Viral Light smirks again.
Viral Light: "I was there."
Iron Sea: "Indeed, intervention of some sort for certain. "
Iron Sea: "Even Lady Edda showed up, who by all rights had no reason to be there at all. "
Viral Light: "Don't mistake me having a sudden soft-spot for a reckless Roe as divine influence."
Sounsyy Mirke bursts out laughing at Viral Light.
Sounsyy Mirke: "It might be as close as some get in this world."
Viral Light seems lost in thought.
Viral Light twitches her ears.
Viral Light regains her focus.
Sounsyy Mirke looks to Iron Sea, "You were missed earlier friend. Though I dare say it's for the best, as I faired no better this round than last."
Viral Light: "Hey Iron?"
Iron Sea: "Truly...? I honestly had hopes of you taking the whole thing in my absence, but perhaps I am just a fan now. "He smiled faintly ."I've been quite busy with a few things....."Iron dead stopped in mid sentence. "
Iron Sea: "....wha.....t...?"
Viral Light: "Damn.."
Viral Light: "That'll do for now.."
Viral Light: "What?"
Sounsyy Mirke: "I've only know Iron a short while, but he has not seemed like himself of late."
Viral Light studies Iron Sea carefully.

⌘⌘⌘

Otto Vann: "Mirke, what does a man like me pray for?"
Sounsyy Mirke: "I wouldn't know Ser Otto. Perhaps that yer wealth and good fortune continue? Sometimes it seems that such things require a little help in maintaining."
Otto Vann: "I should pray to myself then?  Interesting"
Sounsyy Mirke: "If the gods do not care to cast their gaze your way, then yes, it is for man to make his own way. I have found that we mortals must make our own way, but that it is still good to pay homage to those who might aid your path."
Otto Vann: "I see.  I should pray to myself, for myself.  Sounds gaudy"
Otto Vann: "All the same"
Sounsyy Mirke laughs at Otto Vann.
Otto Vann: "Perhaps I should pray for a dinner to sweep you off your feet sometime in the future.  Though perhaps I speak to the wrong deity for such things"
Sounsyy Mirke: "Perhaps! I would prefer if our dinner were among the living than the dead. Though the former may make an interesting evening."
Otto Vann: "I would wonder how that would go.  I'm not much of a fighter.  You would have to act as my guard-en-vec"
Otto Vann: "Can you believe it though, a man like me.  Incapable of fighting well"
Otto Vann: "At least I excel in other things"
Sounsyy Mirke: "With a sword on hand I believe I could manage that. Though I could not trust myself in your defense with my fists!"
Sounsyy Mirke laughs at Otto Vann.
Sounsyy Mirke: "Perhaps, you should keep your armor on hand. Sometimes a strong defense outweighs an offense."
Otto Vann: "Ah that's what women like you are for eh?"
Otto Vann: "Guard my precious beard and hair do"
Sounsyy Mirke smiles and nods her head, "Indeed, we could not let any harm befall the Face of Fashion in Ul'dah."
Otto Vann: "Yes indeed, this beautiful, handsome, smiling face"
Otto Vann: "Did you get what you came for from all of this Mirke?"
Sounsyy Mirke: "Mm- I believe so. Temporary peace of mind. Sometimes I seek the simple things."
Otto Vann: "Only temporary?"
Sounsyy Mirke: "Indeed. Sometimes I worry needlessly over things beyond my control."
Otto Vann: "Anything I can help with?"
Sounsyy Mirke: "I'm afraid not. Though that is not to discourage you. There are merely some issues which are far reaching and I've spent a good deal of time not attending to them."
Otto Vann: "Ah.  Well in due time I will learn about them perhaps"
Otto Vann: "Who knows perhaps I can in the future"
Sounsyy Mirke: "Perhaps! Fer now, let us focus on getting that dinner afore much else?"

[Image: r9afJCt.jpg]

RE: Celebration of The Traders [Open to Pilgrims! OOC comments Welcome!] - Jancis - 10-29-2014

((The Log for the Event has been completed! It was a lot of fun to figure out how to sort it as best as possible to put everyone's own stories and adventures together and hopefully capture some of the fun of the night afterwards))

((The mystery of the yellow stone is a personal favorite. But also I had little idea of the staring contest, the people coming over with prayers, and the whole talk about secretly dancing until I had a chance to go back and read it together as a piece.))

((Everyone is welcome to share their own prayers and stories! Or just comments if you want. Hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I did. Or at least half as much because I might be a little over the top))

[Image: 3cRded3.png]

RE: Celebration of The Traders [Open to Pilgrims! OOC comments Welcome!] - OttoVann - 10-29-2014

( I feel famous, my name is in here everywhere. )

( "I shall pray to myself, for myself." Such a terribly ego-driven line, Otto sounds like a maniac. Stole most of it from a show too but it seemed to fit what Mirke was tellin me.)

RE: Celebration of The Traders [Open to Pilgrims! OOC comments Welcome!] - ProvaDiServo - 10-29-2014

(( Much appreciated for recapping this. I was omw there at the time, but got called into TitanEX alot sooner than anticipated ))

RE: Celebration of The Traders [Open to Pilgrims! OOC comments Welcome!] - Aya - 10-29-2014

The amount of forethought and effort that this took, Jancis, is so impressive!

Its kind of weird seeing things I said in-game being recorded on the forum ^_^