Hydaelyn Role-Players
Anime and your FFXIV Character - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Fun Prompts (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Thread: Anime and your FFXIV Character (/showthread.php?tid=8763)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Anime and your FFXIV Character - Rennaix - 10-25-2014

Normally, Rennaix is a lot like Jin from Samurai Champloo - detached, somewhat socially awkward, and his skill with a blade and the traditions of his school form his core beliefs. He has a streak of Spike from Cowboy Bebop as well - he's more than happy to jump headfirst into situations stacked against him, and he doesn't give up until the end.

RE: Anime and your FFXIV Character - Zenath - 10-25-2014

If I had to choose one, it would be Tatsumi from Akame Ga Kill(If he was a bit older). Kindhearted and loyal, but also ruthless and unforgiving.

Show Content

RE: Anime and your FFXIV Character - Marisa - 10-25-2014

I tend to base all of my young female characters on Rin, which is kind of a struggle for me. She's so kind and caring, and full of hope and wonder, and she's the bravest little girl in the world. Meanwhile, I'm a sarcastic asshole with a very dry sense of humor, so it's a pretty hard role to play. 

Meanwhile my male characters are usually just me with a drinking and gambling problem. 

[Image: tumblr_mdpfahlfAy1rehzceo1_500.gif]

I watched this entire show just because she was in it ^.^;

RE: Anime and your FFXIV Character - TheLastCandle - 10-25-2014

I didn't model Yvelont after any particular character, but Parn from Record of Lodoss War comes relatively close.

[Image: parn2.gif]

Particularly the man he becomes later in the manga/novels, but the younger Parn depicted in the OVA would be a close match to a young, idealistic Yvelont who sought more than anything to emulate his father as a knight of Ishgard.

As for Kendha'to, the choice is an easy one in terms of personality:

Gintoki from Gintama.

RE: Anime and your FFXIV Character - U'roh Tia - 10-25-2014

Well considering I was watching Shounen anime at the time Roh takes a lot of inspirations from various characters of the genre.

But his primary ones have to be the one and only Kamina:
[Image: gurren_lagann__kamina_by_apelsin_kun-d5qrg8y.png]And Goku, seeking to constantly better himself so he can never lose what he holds dear again. (I also was watching DBZ as Roh popped into my head sooo there's that.)
[Image: goku_by_maffo1989-d4vxux4.png]

RE: Anime and your FFXIV Character - Lady Rivienne - 10-25-2014

I didn't base Rivienne on anyone in an anime, but I will compare her to one in particular! Seras Victoria from Hellsing's OVA. Rivienne was always a tomboy; she is very strong willed and loyal, such is noted as she serves under Commander Heuloix.

Nevermind the fact that she is bloody violent at times. :3

Quote:..she is a loyal and trustworthy soldier who will diligently follow the orders of her commander, provided said commander has proven his or her worth. She's the "light that stands out from the darkness" (quoting Kouta Hirano from a recent interview).

[Image: hellsing_seras_victoria_1920x1200_wallpa...82o1aq.jpg]

RE: Anime and your FFXIV Character - Ridegmuve - 10-25-2014

I was really engrossed with Sengoku Basara before and while playing FF:ARR and I was heavily inspired by two of it's leading characters, Yukimura Sawada and Date Masamune. The fighting style with the spears (though I have also researched real ways on how to wield a spear) came from Yukimura, as well as Iliette's dedication to either a cause or a person comes from Yukimura. The attitude, cockiness, unshakable stance, and relentlessness comes from Date Masamune! If the RP would be an anime, Iliette would also speak a lot of engrish! XD

((DAMMIT SE let me wield two lances and flip my coeurl while doing so!!!))

[youtube]Q9rN0TK_Et0[/youtube]

RE: Anime and your FFXIV Character - cuideag - 10-25-2014

I think Jajara takes a bit from Kiki from Kiki's Delivery Service - at least with regards to general themes. She's left home to strike out on her own (albeit for wildly different reasons) and struggles with matters of identity, isolation, vulnerability, and self-doubt. She's not the smartest or most talented thing ever but she makes do and works hard. Living well and living honestly are things she values the most.

Delial could be seen as taking influence or inspiration from a few different sources. Full Metal Alchemist's Lust, .hack//SIGN's BT, Cowboy Bebop's Faye Valentine... to some extent Pirate Queen Yukkage from Gargantia and the Verduous Planet.

BONUS: Delial's mother and the ever mysterious witch definitely aren't too dissimilar from Delphine Eraclea of Last Exile, and Ragyo Kiryuin from Kill La Kill.