Hydaelyn Role-Players
More Free Play! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: More Free Play! (/showthread.php?tid=882)

More Free Play! - Magnus - 11-16-2010

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/news/detail?newsId=877ff5da6acbf05e3ff68e7926c000fe3ce2d982

I must say, this is surprising and very good news.

Re: More Free Play! - Kylin - 11-16-2010

Wow, wasn't expecting that >.>

Edit: Moved to Headlines section since it's a pretty big announcement.

And they revealed the first update's tentative date:

Quote:This month’s version update, tentatively scheduled for November 25, marks the first step in bringing about significant improvement to FINAL FANTASY XIV

Re: More Free Play! - Roelon - 11-16-2010

That's good business. Obviously, they realize that they're losing players to an unpolished release. The attitude seems to be one of "We won't make them pay until it's right."

I dig it.

Re: More Free Play! - Tadir - 11-16-2010

While I think it's a good thing for SE to be doing, I don't think it's going to make all that much of a difference. The game, to my opinion, has too many issues. It should have been delayed until it was an at all feasible game.

Re: More Free Play! - Sumi·masen - 11-16-2010

But you can't disagree, that this tactical move might prevent all the "I will quit and come back when the game is finished" players, to stay for a little while longer, and after the ball gets into rolling, and first greater dissatisfactions are pleased with new updates, the 'FFXIV synth" get's more stable, and maybe there will be a Community +1 craft at the end of the day. ; )

I didn't foresee this additional month, but I'm happy for all the early starters, that put up with the game till this date, and for my first (free) month. ^^

My only concern for the rest of the game is the possible extermination of finer details of the game system/world, just to put the 'paying player' requests and suggestions into motion. I guess for the starters it's not that severe till planed content is played out, but for the future, who knows...
Game Creator > You Moogle

Re: More Free Play! - Eternal Darkness - 11-16-2010

((It's just going to be so nice in a year's time, when new players emerge into the game and complain about how "bad" something is; that's when we can all say; "You think it's bad now? lol, shoulda been here last year! What a doozy!" *goes and reads about the update info*))

**addition**

"The first version update of 2011 will introduce what are known as "companies," a special type of linkshell with more group-oriented progression and goals.

Once estbalished, companies will be able to work towards acquiring their own communal assets, such as buildings that can serve as headquarters, or ships that can be used to access multiplayer content. The system will provide concrete benefits to players who align themselves with a company, as well as motivate already established companies to seek out new recruits. In essence, the focus will be on providing new, innovative content for all players to enjoy. The FINAL FANTASY XIV Lodestone will also offer a number of online services covering both companies and linkshells."

Joy! That means airships people :3

Re: More Free Play! - Sha - 11-17-2010

Eternal Darkness Wrote:Joy! That means airships people :3

I wouldn't bet any gil on that, I think they are talking about old regular 'sea' ships. Airships in early 2011 and not even the slightest pawprint of any chocobo on the ground yet? I'm not buying that.

Back on topic, it is indeed a very smart move from SE and I find this, as well as the recent extensive update details they provided, a very good sign of their good will.

Re: More Free Play! - foxfirestorm - 11-19-2010

I have to admit that them pulling that move also surprised me. Came home from my trip to New Mexico (<3) back over here to Arizona, and found out in my email that they were extending the play and was all: "o_o really?"

I'm glad to see it because it at least shows, along with the updates that SE is trying to listen to the players, keep them, and help make the experience of the game a fun one. I approve of any company that is willing to talk straight with the players, instead of hiding in their card-board boxes like Solid Snake going, "Problems, what problems, there is no problems!"
So actually them admitting they have problems, them trying to fix the issue quickly as they can, and willing to give up free 30 days over and over till they get it right.. Has earned them to me a great deal of respect.

I'm also glad to see the addition to the companies, though I am not 100% sure how that is going to work along side Linkshells. I am guessing a company is a group of linkshells? Huh
However the fact companies get their own buildings and ships is sweet. X3 Though I still love to see them give us players our own housing. >.>

Well, time to go bother SE about housing, making furniture, and having more then a 'square' home. XD