Hydaelyn Role-Players
new alt for Heavensward - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: new alt for Heavensward (/showthread.php?tid=8848)

new alt for Heavensward - Aduu Avagnar - 11-02-2014

so, given the access to Airships and the like, and the brief insights to the society of Ishgard that we see, as well as the run down 'undercity' look of part of Ishgard, I have been toying with the idea of creating a lowborn ishgardian Sky-pirate. 

I've tried looking for more lore, but I was wondering if it was feasible?

*shines the sounsy-signal*

RE: new alt for Heavensward - Steel Wolf - 11-02-2014

Depending on the cost of personal airships, I anticipate a fair few of sky pirates and Setzer Gabbianis to sprout up...though considering the cost of every other personal accoutrement I don't expect this to be priced very well at all.

As far as an Ishgardian one?  From what meager information I gleaned off of the questlines in that immediate area, that seems a bit against the grain.  Maybe?

I mean, it'd be damned interesting...where were your lines of thinking headed, just outta curiosity?

RE: new alt for Heavensward - Aduu Avagnar - 11-02-2014

almost robin hood-esque.

Given some the dialogue from the 2.4 quest line, it would appear that those who are not of a noble house live similar to the downtrodden masses of many a fantasy realm. As such, there are those that try to augment their livlihood through alternate means, smuggling and the like. so I guess Sky-Smuggler rather than sky-pirate.

RE: new alt for Heavensward - Roswyn - 11-02-2014

I know a few characters, including my own, who've been looking to poke their noses into the airship smuggling/pirate business but it's been pretty heavily roped off and under Grand Company control.

I really wasn't making any plans for it until I knew exactly what was gonna be on the lore books. It's all you really can do imo. It's just too soon to really say "I'm gonna have a character that does "xxx" with airships." When all we really know about player airships is that they will exist. For all we know there will be some kind of Eorzean TSA or something. Huh

I don't see the GC's allowing it without some kind of regulation. Cactuar Need to know what that is first imo.

RE: new alt for Heavensward - Steel Wolf - 11-02-2014

(11-02-2014, 02:01 PM)Roswyn Wrote: I really wasn't making any plans for it until I knew exactly what was gonna be on the lore books. It's all you really can do imo. It's just too soon to really say "I'm gonna have a character that does "xxx" with airships." When all we really know about player airships is that they will exist. For all we know there will be some kind of Eorzean TSA or something. Huh

This is a fair point--for all we know it'll be just as instanced as everything else in this game. It might just be a little ship docked at the side of a GC house that has almost no personalization value whatsoever beyond maybe some balloon and deck coloring.

Still a fascinating idea....but I agree--best to wait to hear more about the actual moving gears around this personal airship thing first.

RE: new alt for Heavensward - Erik Mynhier - 11-02-2014

(11-02-2014, 01:19 PM)Nakoli Chalahko Wrote: so, given the access to Airships and the like, and the brief insights to the society of Ishgard that we see, as well as the run down 'undercity' look of part of Ishgard, I have been toying with the idea of creating a lowborn ishgardian Sky-pirate. 

I've tried looking for more lore, but I was wondering if it was feasible?

*shines the sounsy-signal*

OMGs!!!!! Do IT!!!! Can I be his friend?!?!

RE: new alt for Heavensward - Kellach Woods - 11-02-2014

(11-02-2014, 01:35 PM)Steel Wolf Wrote: I anticipate a fair few of sky pirates and Setzer Gabbianis to sprout up...
Speaking of, we need Gambler as a job.