Hydaelyn Role-Players
Work in Progress Stuff - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Artisan House (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Work in Progress Stuff (/showthread.php?tid=8891)

Work in Progress Stuff - Meoix - 11-07-2014

Hey all, I do some very basic 3d modeling. I usually logos, but this time I'm attempting to make a small scene here. Not sure if I should continue, I just did this while waiting on a Dungeon queue, I was just throwing things in as I saw fit :/

Lemme know if you think I should continue or have ideas on what to add, I'm running dry.
I was thinking maybe a small chest of gil with a couple smaller different daggers inside, as well as the gil laying ontop of a map or two, maybe the top one being of Limsa Lominsa... 

Also the daggers still need some smoothing out, the hilt needs to be 'unsmoothed' a bit (looks off). Lightning needs work (only basic 3 point setup now which is causing the gil to appear like they're floating), and I need to replace that gold hilt ring, it looks out of place in my opinion.

[Image: JuneTable.png]

RE: Work in Progress Stuff - Meoix - 11-08-2014

Had a bit more time today.
Added a chest with goodies, opened it up, messed with textures, tweaked lighting and some of the dagger meshes.
[Image: JuneTableDarker2.png]

RE: Work in Progress Stuff - Naja - 11-10-2014

Ooo. Very cool to see some 3D modeling in here. Smile I like the additions in the second picture.

RE: Work in Progress Stuff - Meoix - 11-10-2014

Thanks Smile, I'm still pretty inexperienced but I fool around with cinema4d in my spare time and do random things for the heck of it. 
I'd say it's only 60% done, I'm not at home now so I haven't had time to work on it :/

RE: Work in Progress Stuff - Meoix - 11-11-2014

Most likely my final render.
Redid the daggers entirely, replacing the weird wide ones for a more realistic Italian style which fits the Mediterranean theme of La Noscea, home of the rogues guild.
Threw in a simple map, has a blank parchment texture, nothing on it (couldn't think of something to be honest).
Altered the format of the render from 2k x 2k to 1920 x 1080 (my better half, who's the real artist between the two of us, said that square renders look odd).

[Image: june_table_final_by_meoix-d863imo.png]
(Fun fact, that stupid tiny poison vial took the longest individually out of all the other items to model and texture for some reason...)

RE: Work in Progress Stuff - Meoix - 03-28-2015

I've done some more 3d work. I'll put some others here just for organizational sake.
I want to get back to doing more work but I'm not feeling as inspired lately :/.
Let me know what you guys think of my stuff, harsh critique is allowed and encouraged.
I will point out I am not a native artist, this is just a hobby and occasional way to make a few bucks.

Old June Logo
Show Content

Old Chris Denora Logo
Show Content

June- Blood and Sand
Show Content

Chess Board
Show Content

Philodendron Plant
Show Content

Snake Plant/Mother-in-laws tongue
Show Content

New Years Logo
Show Content

RE: Work in Progress Stuff - Meoix - 04-01-2015

This wasn't something I planned on sharing as I did it very quickly with recycled items (except for the pouch which only took 5 min). But I really like the way it turned out, the lighting makes it, the pouch was done very quickly and initially looked kinda bad but the lighting makes it stand out a bit.

My issue is the 'sparkly-ness' of the table. It's an annoying result of the texture+lighting settings I'm using, I had a 'fix' for the other scenes which used this environment using depth of field, but DOF doesn't really work zoomed in...
Show Content