Hydaelyn Role-Players
Theater Roleplay - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Theater Roleplay (/showthread.php?tid=9046)

Theater Roleplay - Inessa Hara - 11-24-2014

This thread is to just get a general idea of how many people are interested in this idea that me as well as people in Arcadeus (with the permission of Aldtosk of course) have started working on.

Aldtosk has been, for a while, wanting to do an event around Christmas so I presented to her the idea of having a theater play. This of course originates from a idea that has  been in the works for a very long time.

Essentially, we would get together every month or two and hold a theater play (with actors, costumes, music, scene props and even scripts). These plays will be retelling of historic events from all around Eorzea or generally just written in-house fantasy drama of things such a rivalry, love, war, brotherhood and genuine themes often associated with old theater.

We will have an in-house casting but we will also cast people from outside of the FC and give them characters and roles they will play. All props and equipment will be made in-house as well at no expense to the actors or anyone.

The stage itself will be downstairs, where the arena from the grindstone world cup tourney that Anelia hosted. It will, of course, be redesigned to fit a more theater based theme.

If I can get a good outside following for this, I can start soon and we can have our first play right before or after Christmas. The play of course will be winter themed.

So that's it. If you feel like you or anyone really would be interested in participating or watching this than let me know in-game or here. Thank you for taking time to read this.   <3

RE: Theater Roleplay - Telluride - 11-24-2014

As I posted in the previous thread about it, consider me absolutely interested in participating.

RE: Theater Roleplay - Steel Wolf - 11-24-2014

How much work internally has been sorted out? (propmasters, script writers, etc.) Because this sounds like an amazing activity since I'm kind of locked out of progression in this game.

Regardless...I'd most definitely watch said theater pieces if that's all this is really asking for.

RE: Theater Roleplay - Inessa Hara - 11-24-2014

@Steel Wolf
Script writers have not yet been decided so for now, assume I am the only one working on the scripts.

As for outfits and props, props will most likely be handled by our veteran crafters and I will personally handle outfits since I can craft most of them since all my craft classes are nearly fifty.

With that said, I already have some base bare bone story's ready to work on and put out and I will be presenting them to Arcadeus today. Really, this thread is to gauge interest to see who would want to watch/participate and even donate resources if they want too. I will most likely reuse props and outfits greatly as crafting can be time consuming and a pain to buy alot of the more rare mats and shards/crystals/clusters for the crafting. With that said, donations will not be advertised or asked for but you are always able to give us some.   Smile

RE: Theater Roleplay - Gegenji - 11-24-2014

Can Chachan be a tree? He'd make a good tree.

... If he could sit still long enough for it.

(There's a drawing in there somewhere of Chachan dressed up like he's in some elementary school play shouting "IMMA TREE!" but I lack the artistic skills to do so.)

I'd actually be quite interesting in seeing how it plays out. You have a lot of potential for drama and interaction just with the prep-work and practice for the play itself. I've naught but one high school Drama class to back me, but my sources (movies and the internets) say that there's lots of tensions and clashes involved with putting on a play. So even before considering the play itself, you might have quite a few interesting events.

After that you have the play itself, and then the after-party. All sorts of potential there too. And, even if you discount all that - going by the recent Nophica event in Gridania - just having an event around telling a story and acting it out could be fun to watch.

... Just be mindful of hecklers.

RE: Theater Roleplay - Elysia - 11-25-2014

As someone who's done a teeny bit of theater, I find this an awesome idea. Ah, auditions! The drama and hilarity that would ensue! Tongue Non-acting members can also be involved in some capacity (e.g. front-of-house, ticketing, ushering, etc. - in the Eorzean context anyway) and contribute to the outcome of the performance too. 

(Also, this is definitely something my character Avis would love to poke her nose into. Or write a review for, at least.) 

Not sure if my schedule would allow for this, but I'd love to help or be involved in some way!

RE: Theater Roleplay - Jazz Egi - 11-26-2014

Tally would love a theater, to participate or observe! Posting at work now but I'd seriously consider participation.

RE: Theater Roleplay - Inessa Hara - 11-26-2014

((decides to take 15 minutes to write a post since homestuck doesnt update till 15 minutes from now.))

Thank you for such positive feedback everyone!   Big Grin

Development has started to an extent. Right now, we have decided on the theme of the play and what it will be about.

Spoilers down below for people who really want to know what we have decided roughly thus far.

Updates for the development of this will come out once a week starting now so there should be an update every Tuesday night.

Show Content

RE: Theater Roleplay - Telluride - 11-26-2014

Never anything wrong with starting with the classics and going from there! Even more interested now, if that's possible.

RE: Theater Roleplay - Titor - 11-26-2014

I would like to write an original script.

RE: Theater Roleplay - Inessa Hara - 11-27-2014

@Titor
For now, we are focusing on establishing scripts or story's to do for plays done by people in-house. We will however take suggestions but they are not guaranteed to be accepted by the group.

Show Content

RE: Theater Roleplay - Xenedra - 11-30-2014

I'm interested as well! Can't wait to see some more info!

RE: Theater Roleplay - Inessa Hara - 12-02-2014

So i decided to go ahead and post an upd8 a day early. Her ya guys go. It's not much really.

With casting, I have decided that the cast will be almost exclusively Elezen and Hyur as to retain with Ishgard's general racial population.

Names for the characters that people can play have not been created yet, however, I will give a very general and brief current list of main and side characters that people can play as.

I will also include a rough draft of the entire play with all the scene's respective to each act.

There will be an opening act, followed by three acts where most of the story will take place and the end act which will be the end of the play. There will be intermissions so people can run off and take short breaks.   (Note that while I am trying everything I can to make this not last hours, it is proving a monumental task to make it shorter.)

If anybody wants to fill in the role of any specific character in the casting list, contact me and ill look into it. Note that some spots will be reserved for people that I generally have in mind I think are fit and perfect for the role.

Show Content

Show Content